Protiviti Employee Reviews

Bad management, no real direction.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJune 30, 2017
Management is terrible. They say they care, but they don't follow through on anything. Reviews are pointless as they clearly don't pay attention to them even though you are expected to submit tons of them. Promotions and advancement have no clear direction and people are often promoted who clearly do not deserve it. Individualism is not encouraged or accepted. You are expected to fit a mold. It's very clear that the only thing management cares about is how many hours you can bill a client, even if it's border line unethical. The company attempts to hide these practices behind community outreach, but people on the inside see through that. I can't complain about the pay or benefits though.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, Flexibility
Cons
Advancement, Management
Growing Firm
Human Resources / Executive Support (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 23, 2017
Firm is growing rapidly but not increasing manpower to manage the office appropriately with its growing size. With growth the workplace culture is changing into more of a large firm feel and replacing the people to numbers. Great trajectory for the firm, but my growth is stagnated here and I would like to start exploring opportunities for advancement based on my skills within my field of interest: Real Estate.
Productive and fun workplace
Internal Audit and Financial Advisory Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 22, 2017
Amazing place to start your career. Very intelligent and fun environment. The company is rapidly growing, which provides everyone the opportunity to grow individually in their careers as well as the opportunity to help the growth of the company.
Fun Work Place
Executive Assistant in Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Buckhead, GAJune 20, 2017
I supported the Managing Directors and their direct reports. I managed calendars, travel, events, etc. I enjoyed supporting all team members to allow them to be more productive in their position.
Pros
Fun Group
Cons
Commute
Temporary Work
Temporary Inventory (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 24, 2017
As a temp job it wasn't a bad job, though the work only lasted a couple of weeks. The manager that was worked with was a fair and happy person overall and very knowledgeable about the work we did.
Racist Unprofessional
Executive Financial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 22, 2017
Worst working experience. Not a great example of a corporation. Typical day to day office operations. Baltimore office is small but run like a small unprofessional business.
Speed and Accuracy
Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 18, 2017
My job at Protiviti was temporary. I was hired to assist in reviewing thousands of contracts that the system of record had failed to accurately analyze. There was no set process of accomplishing this task with people (as opposed to a computer), so I had to also help in developing job aids, often times identifying trends in what the system of record had gotten wrong. I enjoyed the culture, but the work was long and monotonous.
Slow paced, conservative culture, non-entreprenurial
Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 10, 2017
Only viable for IA work and generic cyber security assessments and incident response. Strong push to recruit college grads to do the majority of the work at a bill rate acceptable to the clients. Mandatory, frequent and ongoing training on internal processes and developments
Pros
Community initiatives
Cons
No leadership or mentoring
Good company to work with
Audit Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 16, 2017
This is a good company to work with and not a bad place to stay for a while. Compensation and bonus are pretty decent and you get to learn a lot because you are working on multiple projects.
Great People. Good Opportunities
Cyber Security Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 15, 2017
I started with Protiviti straight out of school and am glad I got the opportunity to work here.

The type of projects you'll work on depends on your location, but for the most part you can expect to perform audit work to some degree. There's a good mix of large and smaller clients and you'll get some good exposure to executives during in-person meetings as well as conference calls.

All of the people who work at Protiviti are very friendly and easy to talk to, but unfortunately leadership varies by project due to working with different managers. This is an area where Protiviti can improve on, because some of the managers can really be hit or miss. I feel that Protiviti leadership should focus on teaching managers to manage down, as well as up, to continue to grow Consultants and Sr. Consultants.
Pros
People, Work, Work/life balance, Culture
Cons
Certain Management Styles, Work can be tedious
Excellent Young Company
Lender Due Diligence Consultant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 8, 2017
Protiviti provides a challenging environment for professionals looking to travel and work hard. The travel was really exciting at first but got old after my first year. There is also so much effort put into performance reviews but in the end, they are really just a formality. Promotions are based on the basis that managers like you, not very managers dislike you, and you provide efficient and relatively quality work. Unfortunately, if you strive for excellence in timeliness and quality, you will be swallowed by an onslaught of work. The attitude of the company is very positive with a lot of growth and exciting changes. If your looking for a fast-paced life of adventure work here for a few years!
Pros
Happy Hour, Travel, Challenging Work
Cons
Traveling Constantly, Management Stressed
A good place to build your career
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 14, 2016
Overall the structure is good, they have had some growing pains with growing too quickly and the structure is pretty top heavy. They are fast to promote and the work/life is way better than there larger competitors. Overall the experience was good but I had hit a wall in terms of personal growth on the recurring projects I have been working on.
Pros
Flexible working arrangements
A great experience
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 30, 2016
It was wonderful to work with such a great group of team members. It was an environment where we were encouraged to grow through various projects and opportunities.
Great place with great people!
IT Consulting Intern (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 24, 2016
I completed an internship with Protiviti and I had a great experience. They have a very good advisor system, where you have a peer advisor, career advisor, and an executive advisor. They are very supportive and will work with you towards your goals.
Pros
People, training
Cons
Wish they would shoot for bigger projects
Great Company
AML Investigator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 22, 2016
The company is great, they treated employees well. They definitely value the team. They promote work and life balances while catering to the employees. Probably the best company i've ever worked for.
Fun and Productive
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 4, 2016
Fun and Productive company to work for. I was able to travel with all expenses reimbursed and friendly staff. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Short Contract
Great Benefits but corporate politics were tricky
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJune 13, 2016
Overall, a better than average place to work. Direct management was great, top tier management could be difficult. Great coworkers, great benefits. Advancements and promotions didn't seem to follow any rhyme or reason.
Not an optimal work experience
Consultant (Former Employee) –  ArizonaApril 23, 2016
Poor leadership and direction. Relies on individual team members to "figure it out" without appropriate structure. Internal politics were negative.
Terrible Work
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 8, 2016
Good peers but the type of work being sold is awful.

No interested in risk work or audit work - so my perspective may be skewed. If you have interest in that then this is the place for you.
Great company to work for
Business Process Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 26, 2016
Working for Protiviti is great, I am surrounded by amazing collegues and management, good company culture, constant support, flexible work schedule, good compensation and benefits