Provides individual and group counseling to clients and maintains a caseload of families for whom the counselor takes primary service responsibility. This is a full-time position.
- Assists clients with orientation to program upon admission.
- For clients assigned to caseload, collects information related to client's history and current situation and assists client in developing a program service plan.
- Trains and supports clients in independent living skills (cooking, meal planning, shopping, budgeting, etc.
- Provides individual and group counseling.
- Monitors parent-child interactions to ensue safety and well being of children.
- Monitors client's progress in program and works with client to update service plan.
- Coordinate with Lead Counselor/Case Manager acting as a liaison with Social Services workers and providing monthly reports on clients.
- Responsible for documentation of clients' progress in clients' records.
- Helps program supervisor to plan and supervise daily program schedule.
- Assists with community outtings.
- Participates in staff meetings, team meetings and in-service trainings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of alcohol and drug certification program.
- A minimum of two year's experience in the human service field and demonstrated knowledge in substance abuse treatment, relapse prevention, and recovery. Must possess a basic understanding of child development, child abuse, substance abuse issues, and self suffienciency issues. Minimum age of 21.
- Experience in individual and group counseling.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is desirable for at least one of the three positions.
- California Driver's License, proof of insurance, and alcohol and drug certification
Please email a cover letter and resume to: Tina Fietsam
Indeed - 19 months ago
Prototypes Women’s Center is an innovative trauma informed substance abuse residential treatment facility catering to women and...