Prototypes

Prototypes Employer Reviews

its a volunteer job
parenting supervisor (Former Employee), pomona, ca.August 30, 2014
good working environment its a volunteer job. Its a job training program
Lack of communication. Burn out fast!
Primary Counselor (Former Employee), Oxnard, CAAugust 9, 2014
Pros: a couple of staff members that made it bearable and the clients.
Cons: poor compensation and benefits, unhappy work place.
Poor management and total lack of communication between staff. They throw you into the job with no training. Employees are stressed, angry, and dump their work off on the newest staff. Client care is terrible, because no one has the time. They underpay and overwork their employees. Very stressful work environment with no manager support.
providing weekly meetings for staff support
Outreach Worker (Former Employee), Culver CityFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: able to assist homeless women and children wth needs and provide nutrituous meals
Cons: stressful work environment at times
provided direct support to management and staff, trained new employees as well as assist patients with finding shelters
Product Design and Development experience.
RESEARCH PARTNER (Current Employee), Salem, TNDecember 2, 2013
Pros: adventure and thrill, working under pressure, reward and reputation
Cons: short information / data available, very less tool available
My day at work start often with an self induced idea of a technology or product, often with a question of what if ?
like what if we can store infinite amount of data our normal hard disk. then work my way up and down like, what will be the social, economical, cultural, political impact on our present society. and how we gonna do this. and start designing – more... back and forth until i feel the complete perfection to my standards before revealing to audience/ customer.

I learned perfection and precision in the job and try to meet and set new standard in each and every product I designed.

we are two person team me taking care of research, design and development and my friend manages the supplies and sales.

my friend is the investor for this partnership firm and we try to realize one of our prototype as a international product.

hardest part of the job will be collecting relevant information and labor you need, while you still busy at designing the product. b'coz we need them now and then. so it goes like make a design and hypothesis first stop and try to find information and labor to prove or model that. then take the next step in design. it will be better if we have some to oraganize informations and skilled labor we ned in a project. we plan to do it in future.

what is more enjoyable than know new things and create new things and being in a whole new world of ours and ours own. – less
Alot of work but for a good reason.
Counselor (Current Employee), Tustin, CAOctober 5, 2013
Tries hard to take care of their employees but can get lost in the day to day shuffle. Alot of work but if you're smart and not lazy its a great place to learn and grow.
working with women to help change lives
Senior Deputy Director (Former Employee), Oxnard, CAAugust 28, 2013
Seeing women heal and get back what they have lost
Family's do recover if the coping skills are used.
Run! Overworked and underpaid ...Poor management
Therapist (Former Employee), Pasadena...Pomona...El MonteMarch 29, 2013
Pros: clientele
Cons: poor management, low morale, bad pay, unrealistic explanation.
I worked at Prototypes and I will never do it again. Management doesn't respond to concerns and has no leadership skills! The moral on the mental side the morale is so low and supervisors are worked to the bone. No one supports each other and no one works as a team. It's just a horrible place to work and the staff are equally as horrible. If you want – more... to work for a place that will burn you out this it! If you want to be lead by our management and circular talks that solve nothing work here. Good luck to all who apply the illusion that it's a good place to work is just that an illusion! The best part of the job was the clients and getting off work. Enough said you have been warned. – less