ProTrans International Employee Reviews

Stress
Senior Supply Chain Manager at BMW (Current Employee) –  BMWSeptember 12, 2017
This job is stressfu, long hours ,no work life balance. Stressful job , long hours , no work life balance. Stressful job , long hours , no work life balance.

12 hour days
Automotive is very fast pace and non stop
Hardest part about the job is the hours at work
Great people to work with
Pros
great people
Cons
stress and hours
A typical work place
Supply Chain Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 9, 2017
ProTrans is a typical place to work, it seems like there are a lot of politics with the place. There have been many changes since I have been there and it seems as there isn't much place for advancement.
Wonderful Place to advance in Logistics
HUMAN RESOURCE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 25, 2017
Highly recommend. Great people, fast paced environment, but good to keep busy. A company that provides the opportunity to build a career. A very competitive market and company to be apart of.
over worked no enough pay
Service Center Representative (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 10, 2017
Working a job that requires 2 people to do and not getting paid for it.Management is also over worked and stressed, Good people to work around but the amount of work given does not match the pay.
Busy workplace
Transportation Administrator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 2, 2017
I have learned a lot at Protrans International. A very well driven, motivated company with new things to learn everyday. I learned a lot about transportation as well as many skills on a computer. I worked around very friendly people and the management were all friendly and did their job right. I would schedule pick ups from our customers and made sure they would arrive on time, I would also deal with angry customers who never received or had late pick ups and escalate issues to the proper people.
benefits
Cons
angry customers
Company overall
Account Manager/Supply Chain Manager (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIOctober 22, 2016
Overall great company. Good leadership and work life balance. Transportation is a challenging industry. The hours are long and it seems you are always on call.
Pros
Flexible work ours and very good work environment
Cons
always on call, frequent changes
ProTrans
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 21, 2016
Great family owned company with management that care for their employees. The hierarchy is flat which limits advancement into management, but they mostly promote from within. Typical work day is an 0800-1700. Employees are mostly fresh recruits out of local Indiana Universities or Eastern Michigan University which can create a younger atmosphere and a lower pay scale.
Pros
Insurance and PTO
Cons
Limited management opportunities
Work Environment
Logistics Administrator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 28, 2016
ProTrans provided a safe work environment making our work setting very comfortable. We were separated by department which allowed us to perform our jobs effeciently.
Not a good place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 15, 2016
I was given a 1st shift position and was moved around like 5 times without any knowledge that I would be moved. Management was horrible there was no leadership or team work. Upper management had his favorites and was keeping me from working in a certain department since he did not get along with him.
Pros
Good hours at first
Cons
Bad management
I miss this enviornment
Clerk/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXSeptember 7, 2016
Loved working here, the people were great it was a great environment to work in, fast passed, great pay and advancement opportunities
Load Planner (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 17, 2016
I've been working at ProTrans for nearly 4 years experience in logistics and freight management. This is a great place to work. It's a family owned company with a great work environment. There are several chances to move up in the company and am very proud to be apart of the ProTrans "family".
Pros
Great work environment, family-oriented
Cons
Health benefits
Pleasant and fun company with many opportunities to advance
Corporate Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 6, 2016
My typical day at work was very busy which is what I loved about that position. It was a very challenging position and came with a lot of responsibility. I had approximately 175 accounts I was responsible for collecting payment on. All of the employees were very nice and friendly and there was a great sense of family. There were many opportunities for pitch-ins and team building events such as involvement in the Corporate Company Challenge. The hardest part of this job was the lack of training I received when I was asked to step into a role I did not have experience in. I was originally hired to be an Administrative Assistant for the Collections Department but when a Collections Specialist decided to leave the company I was asked to take her place. I was not given a realistic idea of the extent of my duties or what was expected of me. I was only given a week of knowledge on 5 of the accounts and was then handed all 175. My supervisor was unable to assist much as she had no prior knowledge of how the accounts ran or who to contact if I needed assistance. In the end, I am grateful for the Accounting experience and the opportunity to work for such a great company.
Pros
I felt appreciated
Cons
lack of support and the constant gossiping
Fast-paced, logistics setting
Supply Chain Manager (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIJanuary 31, 2016
While At ProTrans, a typical work day for me goes as follows: Get into office at 0800, and then check emails and begin my day.
Excellent Company and very fun to work with
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Laredo TexasNovember 4, 2015
Extremely interesting.. Continuous change to provide better service to the customers at Pro Trans. Company provides excellent training and opportunities to grow.
Pros
401 K, Profit sharing, free lunches, excellent insurance and great vacation times
Cons
No Cons
Energetic workplace with great co workers.
CUSTOMER SERVICE/ DATA ENTRY CLERK (Current Employee) –  EL PasoAugust 28, 2015
A typical work day would include walking into this building with a great attitude and getting the job done accurately and in a timely fashion. Learning from this company has expanded my clerical skills and customer service skills and working with phenomenal people/co workers has really made it easy process and really brings a new meaning to the word team work! Hardest part of the job is leaving as I want to expand in my skill set in various positions and leaving all these great people behind.
Pros
Great company and great co workers
Great Company With great benefits.
Service center representative (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXJuly 19, 2015
Very Challenging, up pace but never the less fun place Company to work to work for. Every one is as professional as it gets but drama free environment.
Pros
exciting challenges
Cons
Have to work on weekends.
Good Company
Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 23, 2015
Each day is a new challenge. Management is fair and honest. This is a good place to work if you want to learn about 3rd party logistics.
Good for New Grads
Operations Engineer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 17, 2015
ProTrans is a company going through an identity crisis. Unfortunately they are releasing highly qualified people for new graduates with no experience in logistics. The entire company is a gamble at the moment; they are gambling on their IT department delivering on the promises their sales (and the owner) are making. If they can pull it together and deliver, they will be fine, but that remains to be proven at the moment.
Pros
Family friendly atmosphere
Cons
Owner gambles with the livelihood of the employees
High paced and stressful environment
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXMay 13, 2015
very fast paced & highly stressful environment. Good atmosphere with co-workers. No rewards or room for advancement.
Pros
Free lunch twice a week, flexible schedule
Cons
on call 24/7, no holidays or vacations spent without working
Very Good at their Core Business!
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 16, 2015
If you read ProTrans website that says who they are, it says they are a full-spectrum logistics management enterprise. Their core business is as a freight consolidator whose primary lanes are from the midwest to the Mexican border for most customers and into Mexico for others. Their bread & butter is servicing customers along the NAFTA corridor. They have a core group of very large customers (primarily automotive suppliers) that utilize their multi-client consolidation network to move their shipments (primarily LTL) to either the border or to the final assembly lines in Mexico. These customers are able to recognize a lower cost/lb. on the movement of their shipments versus using a traditional LTL carrier. The other benefits they recognize is less rehandle and lower damages for their shipments. Once again, it's great for suppliers in the midwest, Northeast, or even the Southeast to the Mexican border. But if your shipments originate outside of these lanes then Protrans is forced to move the shipments through a brokerage system (they prefer the term freight management). The freight management area is a relatively new venture for Protrans and they are not unique in this area. Larger players like CH Robinson, Coyote, Echo, & a long list of regional brokers/logistics companies provide a lot of stiff competition.
They also have a 3pl group based in Farmington HIlls, MI that focueses on a full 3pl service solution for customers.
There are some really good people who work here. If you're in the right market with Protrans you can do well. But if you are in a market
  more... with limited exposure to Protrans, you will have a hard time selling their product.  less
Pros
Strong Consolidaton network
Cons
Limited Scope