Provant

Provant Employer Reviews

Staffing assistant, team lead, and co-workers are very good.
biometric screener (Current Employee), new yorkNovember 29, 2014
Pros: pays well, staffing assistant, team lead and co-workers very good.
Cons: noyhing found yet.
Best place to work. Everyone I work with is very helpful, specially team lead.
work when you want
RN (Current Employee), Council Bluffs, IAJuly 20, 2014
Pros: work when you want
Cons: early hours
Good management, nice job. Love working with the employees.
Productive and fun workplace. Well organized.
Healthcare Consultant (Current Employee), East Greenwich, RIMay 8, 2014
The best company I've ever worked with, and the staffs I've known they are all nice. I get to work with different people, different places, all fun. I love it.
Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Fort Scott, KSOctober 17, 2013
Pros: great pay, good opportunities, easy to get in touch with provant staff, fun atmosphere, management experience as a new grad
Cons: no regular hours, no health benefits
I began working as a contractor for Provant in September 2013. This is my first job as a RN (grad. May '13) and I really enjoy it. I wish that the job offers were more regular and less random, but the pay at Provant is really great, especially in my area. But if you're trying to buy a car, you're at a disadvantage because you don't have regular pay – more... stubs and it can take up to 30 days to receive pay for a clinic. For those who are wondering: In my area, Kansas, I am paid 28/hr if not Team Lead, and 33/hr for team lead. I have worked both aspects and am usually Team Lead. For those distance drivers: Provant also does something totally awesome: drive time and mileage pay. When I work an event in Kansas City (usually where I work events anyway) I'm paid 10/hr drive time pay and mileage based accordingly (usually $75 for more than 100 miles). If you need to stay overnight in a hotel, Provant will also cover hotel costs and meals. Needless to say, you are not wasting your time with this company.
As far as what you do at Provant, I have worked everything from flu shot clinics to total health fairs. Some clinics are just flu shot clinics and some are clinics that include BMI, BF%, total lipids, cholesterol, blood glucose, weight/height, etc. Hourly pay doesn't change due to event type. The more services offered at an event, the more paperwork there will be.
When you start work for Provant, they offer you clinics. Initially they send an email: "You have job offers pending!" You then log on to your Lighthouse portal and either accept or decline the offer. If you are Team Lead, they will FedEx overnight the supplies for that clinic directly to your home. You are responsible for taking the supplies, storing flu vaccine vials in the fridge, taking supplies to the clinic, setting up, and most importantly keeping track of paperwork, consent forms, and participant payments (if not a company paid clinic).
After conclusion of your clinic, you must take all supplies and FedEx them back to Provant. They supply the shipping labels. All supplies must be mailed back within 24 hr. My best advice to you is to find a full-on FedEx STORE, not a drop location, to mail back supplies. The boxes are always way too big to go in the drop box. Find the FedEx store in advance of your clinic, finish all paperwork immediately, then take the box to the FedEx store. Boom, done, easy.
So far, I have not noticed any sort of room for advancement here. I don't think they offer full-time regular jobs at Provant, and this is the only area that is lacking. I would love to be able to work full-time for this company, and this is their only downfall.
In conclusion, working for Provant would be an excellent first-time job for a new grad (RN work PLUS management exp as a team lead), or a nurse with a full or part-time job looking to supplement their regular income. – less
Great Part Time Job
RN, BSN, PHN (Current Employee), East Greenwich, RIJanuary 20, 2013
Pros: extra part time money
Cons: not full or half time, no benefits
A fun and great experience traveling to different sites for health fairs and flu shots.
Provant Health Solutions
Biometric Health Screening Assistant (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEJuly 31, 2012
Pros: pays well
Cons: the work is not very consistant
It's a very educations place to work at. I learned something everyday. If you like to travel, it's a good place to work.
Provant Health Solutions
Pros: pays well
Cons: the work is not very consistant
It's a very educational job to have. I'm always learning something.