Provant Employee Reviews

Great extra income gig
Independant Contractor (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJanuary 13, 2017
This company makes sure you are well compensated for your duties. The groups you work with are fantastic and helpful. Every job is at a different location, some paying you mileage!
Pros
excellent compensation, changing environment
Cons
not a steady income
Startup with growth potential
Senior Client Manager (Former Employee) –  East Greenwich, RIDecember 16, 2016
Acceptable place to cut your teeth with some good colleagues. Growth has far surpassed capacity though. Good interface with clients if you are trying to build resume.
Pros
Some colleagues very innovative cool people
Cons
Growing pains pretty intense
Great work environment, great people
Results Counselor (Current Employee) –  Concord, CANovember 21, 2016
Pretty much everyone is great to work with. I've met a few sour people on occasion but nothing bad enough to chase me away. I love the flexibility of the job because I'm also in school. Great pay, but I wish that they had opportunities for full time employment with benefits that I could eventually do in California that would not require being a team lead (and maybe they do, but I just don't know of any). Overall great company and great people! I've been recommending Provant to every health professional that I know.
Pros
Great pay, great people, great work environment
Cons
No consistent hours in my area
Positive work environment and friendly, professional staff
Technician 1 / Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA, Orange County, CANovember 10, 2016
I really enjoy working with this company. Great way to make contacts in the field. This is the first time I worked per diem and I really enjoy it. It's very flexible so I still have time for my 3 children.
Pros
Professional staff, flexible schedule
Cons
Wish it was all year around
Haven't gotten many requests to attend screenings.
On-Call Screener and Health Coach (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNSeptember 8, 2016
The peers are friendly and the pay is decent. I personally don't get many requests because of my location so it isn't a very good resource for steady income.
Excellent!
Biometric Screener (Current Employee) –  VermontMarch 21, 2016
I love this company! Great pay and decent people to work with. Plenty of work to do while onsite. They just don't seem to have much work in my area.
Pros
Great pay, decent people to work with
Cons
Training could be better, webinar was blurry, Videos would be nice.
Promoting health awareness one flu shot at a time
RN (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 8, 2016
This company provided awesome opportunities to meet new people and provide Flu shots, health promotion, and screenings to the community and corporations. A typical day included preparing flu vaccines and administering the vaccines during flu season with a group of nurses from different backgrounds. We also provided health and wellness screenings to the community as well as large corporations. The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to remain flexible for work events. the hardest part of the job was scheduling events once I relocated to a different city. Management mostly stayed in contact via email, but it worked out perfectly.
Pros
flexibility, meeting new people, small group events
Cons
scheduling events in my area once I relocated
GREAT company to work
biometrics (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 8, 2016
GREAT COMPANY TO WORK WITH..NICE STAFF AND NICE PEOPLE..VERY FRIENDLY..!
very nice pay...!
flexible hrs
learned a lot with other people
great managment
Wellness events
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CADecember 16, 2015
very good company to work,The people in this company are friendly ,soft spoken ,with a very calm attitude,i would prefer to work with this company
can accept or decline an event
Registration, Wellness screenings (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 23, 2015
Great place to work for. you can pick when you want to work when they send an event. it is based off your availability
they do assessments and flu clinics
no complaints so far, it involves a variety of tasks and people
Great Company to work for
Biometric Screener (Former Employee) –  East Greenwich, RI.May 18, 2015
Decent pay. Easy to staff events. Very professional. Co-workers are easy to get along and always willing to help. Very good company to work for.
Equipment needed and workroom is satisfactory
Wellness Coach/Screening (Former Employee) –  MichiganMarch 18, 2015
assess individual clients using various machines, coaching on results for wellness. Most difficult is sometimes I have to work through an interpreter due to nonspeaking English clients, Most enjoyable is the general patient contact and the appreciation they show for knowing their test results. We have good teamwork among co-workers. A typical day includes setting up work stations, getting instructions from team lead who is a knowledgeable well informed person. I have gained more skills in working in varied environments with many kinds of peoples and cultures.
very well organized
RN (Current Employee) –  Bay AreaFebruary 21, 2015
I have worked for this company for a few months and started during the fall flu season. I think they are great for the most part. the only downside is that they are a little bit cliqueish and the leads all seem to know each other very well while sometimes the worker bees feel left out. The leads are all very nice with one notable exception - a woman who was very unprofessional and lazy - but i did let management know about this.
Pros
well organized, pleasant environment, team work oriented
Cons
sometimes not enough work
Not worth it...
Nurse (Current Employee) –  WashingtonDecember 2, 2014
I've only recieved a couple of offers and they have only been a couple of hours, not sure it's worth the effort to get made $27/hour. Management is not responsive still waiting to get a response from the HR rep. it's been 2 weeks.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Short assignments
Staffing assistant, team lead, and co-workers are very good.
biometric screener (Current Employee) –  new yorkNovember 29, 2014
Best place to work. Everyone I work with is very helpful, specially team lead.
Pros
Pays well, staffing assistant, team lead and co-workers very good.
Cons
noyhing found yet.
work when you want
RN (Current Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAJuly 20, 2014
Good management, nice job. Love working with the employees.
Pros
work when you want
Cons
early hours
Productive and fun workplace. Well organized.
Healthcare Consultant (Current Employee) –  East Greenwich, RIMay 8, 2014
The best company I've ever worked with, and the staffs I've known they are all nice. I get to work with different people, different places, all fun. I love it.
Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Scott, KSOctober 17, 2013
I began working as a contractor for Provant in September 2013. This is my first job as a RN (grad. May '13) and I really enjoy it. I wish that the job offers were more regular and less random, but the pay at Provant is really great, especially in my area. But if you're trying to buy a car, you're at a disadvantage because you don't have regular pay stubs and it can take up to 30 days to receive pay for a clinic. For those who are wondering: In my area, Kansas, I am paid 28/hr if not Team Lead, and 33/hr for team lead. I have worked both aspects and am usually Team Lead. For those distance drivers: Provant also does something totally awesome: drive time and mileage pay. When I work an event in Kansas City (usually where I work events anyway) I'm paid 10/hr drive time pay and mileage based accordingly (usually $75 for more than 100 miles). If you need to stay overnight in a hotel, Provant will also cover hotel costs and meals. Needless to say, you are not wasting your time with this company.
As far as what you do at Provant, I have worked everything from flu shot clinics to total health fairs. Some clinics are just flu shot clinics and some are clinics that include BMI, BF%, total lipids, cholesterol, blood glucose, weight/height, etc. Hourly pay doesn't change due to event type. The more services offered at an event, the more paperwork there will be.
When you start work for Provant, they offer you clinics. Initially they send an email: "You have job offers pending!" You then log on to your Lighthouse portal and either accept or decline the offer. If you are Team Lead, they
  more... will FedEx overnight the supplies for that clinic directly to your home. You are responsible for taking the supplies, storing flu vaccine vials in the fridge, taking supplies to the clinic, setting up, and most importantly keeping track of paperwork, consent forms, and participant payments (if not a company paid clinic).
After conclusion of your clinic, you must take all supplies and FedEx them back to Provant. They supply the shipping labels. All supplies must be mailed back within 24 hr. My best advice to you is to find a full-on FedEx STORE, not a drop location, to mail back supplies. The boxes are always way too big to go in the drop box. Find the FedEx store in advance of your clinic, finish all paperwork immediately, then take the box to the FedEx store. Boom, done, easy.
So far, I have not noticed any sort of room for advancement here. I don't think they offer full-time regular jobs at Provant, and this is the only area that is lacking. I would love to be able to work full-time for this company, and this is their only downfall.
In conclusion, working for Provant would be an excellent first-time job for a new grad (RN work PLUS management exp as a team lead), or a nurse with a full or part-time job looking to supplement their regular income.
Pros
Great pay, good opportunities, easy to get in touch with Provant staff, fun atmosphere, management experience as a new grad
Cons
No regular hours, no health benefits
Great Part Time Job
RN, BSN, PHN (Current Employee) –  East Greenwich, RIJanuary 20, 2013
A fun and great experience traveling to different sites for health fairs and flu shots.
Pros
extra part time money
Cons
not full or half time, no benefits
Provant Health Solutions
Biometric Health Screening Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJuly 31, 2012
It's a very educations place to work at. I learned something everyday. If you like to travel, it's a good place to work.
Pros
pays well
Cons
the work is not very consistant

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Provant. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6