Provantage Employee Reviews

Good Company
Merchandiser/Plan-O-Grammer (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJuly 22, 2017
Worked on a team in retail stores remodeling their existing store setup by providing installation, setup of fixtures, signage and merchandise services. This included moving and setting up fixtures and reading plan-o-grams to setup new displays and stock the merchandise according to their instructions. This job required redesigning local stores and traveling to other states for store remodeling.
long hours and travel
FIELD REPRESENTATVE (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 25, 2017
Travel all over the United States and a lot of heavy lifting due to setting up stores and fixtures. Being able to follow a planogram is a key part of the job.
Pros
travel
Cons
away from family
Productive work place
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCNovember 3, 2016
A typical day at this job would be cleaning, building, reading, and so much more. I learn how to remodel a store and break down everything and put it back together. I learned how to read a blue print and how to follow direction when it come putting a store together. I enjoyed my people I worked with. The hardest part of my job was the fact that I traveled year around. But I learned so much and I really enjoyed my job.
Pros
traveling
Slow to change and very little growth opportunity
Employee (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHAugust 25, 2015
Good company to start your career but no room to grow in your career. Many employees work in the same position for 20+ years. Bottom line is most important aspect so it seems. Very small company which has his pros and cons.
One hit wonder
Contractor/field laborer (Former Employee) –  Nationwide, USAJanuary 12, 2015
Provantage Started as an excellent opportunity, getting to travel the entire country all expenses paid. meeting new people and working in a family oriented team. unfortunately you will be gone from home months at a time, and your schedule may randomly change from nights to days on weekly basis. They sorta take people of the street literally and put them in positions of management, and every once in a while management from head office will fly in to check on the children to see how we are doing. This company was still in its infancy when i started. So it will be interesting to hear from others how they are doing now. When i started it was with my family of 6, we all traveled together and split all the traveling and lodging expenses. this worked out since they paid 10$ per hour and gave a weekly stipend of $300. now being 6 of us together you can imagine it was a pretty good deal savings. hours were often cut short and we often had to rely on that weekly stipend. The kicker for me and my family was when they decided to split my family up and send us all in different directions. at this point we felt it was no longer worth the journey and we all returned home to pursue our own career paths. But i must say my family and I had a lot of Fond memories and still are thankful we had the opportunity to enjoy this venture. We also made great friendships along the way. For this i am thankful for the Pro vantage experience.
Pros
Great Travel Experience, Making Friendships that last
Cons
Only worth it in large group sharing expenses. and very little compensation, no benefits.
great workplace
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 28, 2014
good comrodery good peope
good trainers alot of travel get to see the country
Pros
long luch
Decent work
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 22, 2014
Great people good hours pay mediocre but overall satisfied
Pros
People, Jobs, Availability
Benefits
Account Manager with travel throughout US and Alaska
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIDecember 23, 2013
PBM-Prescription Benefit Management Company acquired by Merck-Medco/Systemed.
This is a third party company for retail. We are resposible for store reset.
Lead in training (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 12, 2013
This is a traveling Job. We do store resets for companies like Lowes, Walmart, Joanns fabric, The Container Stores, Dollar general, and others. Our duties are to move and reset runs\isles to new store layout. Most runs move, some don't. We are also responsible for moving and replacing merchandise via planagrams or photograms. Keeping track of damages, P.O.D.'s, clearance items. This is a learning process every night you go to work. As for most jobs, the work environment is what u make of it. Now in the Container stores there environment is the best. positive recognition for everything. Great Communication is a must for a work place. Knowing how to listen to employees and addressing problems\situations. Provantage has company meetings weekly and work shops once a month, this is all on conference calls. Which allows them to have feed back throughout the company. The hardest part of the job is being away from family.
Pros
the travel seeing new places n people
Cons
the only con is if you have family n kids
paychecks through credit cards.. thumbs down...
Reset Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 16, 2013
working was good. employers are different people you work with. will not always be the same team, since its reset merchandise... some paperwork was mishandled and took days to fix. was not in system until i called and had to resend my paperwork in, because the supervisor had not turned in my information... overall it took 3 days to get my paycheck through my debit card they issue to me through the mail!!!! but the paycheck was great!!!
Pros
money and hours was good.
Cons
information, paycheck, and customer service terrible!!

Want to know more about Provantage?

Ask a question
Adventurous all around job.
Assistant Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 13, 2012
I learn different everyday techniques on how to do it myself on little jobs that the average person wished they had an easier way of doing. We set up new stores that are empty and work with steel to build shelves and set all of our retailers product and pricing. The hardest part of the job would be learning how to work with different types of people and personalities. The most enjoyable part is seeing different places and learning different cultures.
Family Orientated
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Raliegh NCNovember 26, 2012
Provantage is a wonderful company to work for, we are a family. We travel all over the United States, and remodel Lowes, Walmarts, Joann Fabrics. We promote within and we strive to make everyone feel as important as everyone else.