Provena Health Employee Reviews in United States

Great hospital
Environmental Service Aide (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILMarch 15, 2016
Great hospital and people to work around, good workers and benefits but no advancement, teaches you a lot. your are out numbered.
Pros
Great place to work, and great people.
Great Marking Department
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILJune 16, 2016
Great small marketing department. They treat you with respect and understand you have a life outside of work. They work great in the community
Management didn't follow the Provena mission statement......
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILSeptember 17, 2012
During my 5 plus years at PSJH, the management was always coming and going through an invisible revolving door. Nursing Directors were known to join together to bully other management and employees who worked under their supervision. HR was more of a "clique" who made it obvious when you weren't liked. They liked to hire friends and family of management which caused problems throughout the hospital. You can only hope the merge with Resurrection has helped change the majority of issues within the ministry.
Pros
great benefits, nice people to work with as long as you weren't in management
Cons
management did not stand by the mission statement set forth by the hospital, management bullied other employees
Very active workplace
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILDecember 9, 2013
I was responsible for receiving information from patients while they visited the Emergency Room. I greeted the patients, if they were a returning patient I would confirm their information and validate their insurance coverage. If they were a brand new patient I would enter all of their necessary information into the computer. It was my duty to inform them of all legal documents and capture their signatures. Management was sure to update on any policies that had changed or were changing, and show you any problem areas and personally help you fix the paperwork if need be. My co-workers were very hard workers and great team players. The hardest part of the job was witnessing traumatic events and not showing negative emotions with the family members. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help the patients and console them.
Pros
benefits, pay rate, actively on my feet, learning nurse and doctor language.
Cons
emotional effects
Enjoyable environment
File Clerk/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Elgin, ILSeptember 13, 2012
Many things to keep me busy. I love working with and meeting new people and that is certainly available to anyone who works at a Provena location. Always curtious and kind, our patients love how we are with them and even though a hospital is not an enjoyable place to be, our patients like to come back to us. I love the people I work with and everyone is so willing to help each other out. I learned how to have real compassion for people and to really listen to what they say. The hardest part of the job is working alone sometimes when checking patients in and the phone is ringing but it doesn't happen too often. The most enjoyable part is meeting and talking to new people which is everyday and is one of the things I really like.
Pros
we get free lunches sometimes and free ice cream
Cons
as a registry employee i have no benefits
not a good place to work at.
LEAD TECHNICIAN/SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILDecember 2, 2015
In the beginning it was great to be part of Presence Hospital, but with the changing of new management things started to change in overall description og=f the job was altered.
wonderful hospital/family to work for
Level II Nursery Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILJanuary 18, 2013
I worked all shifts, holidays, weekends that are required, as a new graduate nurse. The hospital alway made it possible to continue your education and let you get the experience you needed to grow in your job. The people that work there are like a family, and it is very pleasant to be part of that. The hardest part of job is being new, but the most enjoyable part is they train you to feel comfortable, and compentent in every aspect of the job.
Pros
alway room for advancement and salary increases
Great place to work.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILFebruary 5, 2015
30 Year employee. Good place to learn and advance career.

Excellent benefits. Excellent tuition reimbursement. Busy, busy

medical center
yable
Loda Country Club, Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILDecember 31, 2015
enjoyed the time here like meeting all the guest and cook them lunch and dinner.
I also cooked for all patients in the hospital
job was very nice
on/off productive work day
Medical Assistant/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILOctober 18, 2012
MTF are the busiest days at this practice, i learn about different medications, managemnet needs improvement, great co workers, the hardest part of the job is dealing with different directions from management and Doctors. The most enjoyable part is getting to know our patients and providing excellent service
Pros
free lunches, benefits
Cons
lack of communication
Work Hard, Play Hard
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  UrbanaMarch 3, 2012
Good Company to work for, Long drive for me, the schedule is hard to adjust to and hard to adjust a family to, it's 12 hour shifts where you work 2 days and then off for 3, then work 3 days and then off for 2, and of course in the medical field you are rarely off on time.
Pros
good benifits, good company, good communication
Cons
upper management poor
Love my job
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILMarch 31, 2012
My typical day is I'm on my feet a lot,but I love it . It's keep me in perfect shape, but I truly dont mind working hard. The most part I love about my job is team work we help each other. The management teach you with respect and always want your input on improvement on errors.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
commute
Good place to work for
Staff Nurse Intensive Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILOctober 23, 2015
A enjoyable place to work that provided tons of learning experiences. Enjoyed working alongside my colleagues and the amount of teaching and assistance they all provided
Professional and productive work place.
Health Information Technician (Former Employee) –  Danville, IllinoisFebruary 23, 2012
Always busy, chance to develop skills in areas you are working in, great benefits, some chances for advancement are there too.
Pros
benefits are great.
Cons
always down-sizing
Love St. Mary's!
RN (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILMay 20, 2013
An excellent place to work! Love the atmosphere, the people, opportunity for advancement, educational incentives, pay, and health benefits.
Pros
the atmosphere
Provena Medical Group
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Channahon, ILJune 12, 2015
Being a medical assistant at Provena has provided me with a wide range of skills that I get to improve on everyday. A typical day can starts with blood draws before clinic starts. My day consist of rooming patients, taking vitals, administering injections, venipuncture, calling in medication refills, calling patients with lab and test results. I also schedule appointments and do a various of other front end jobs. The hardest part of my jobs making sure patient's follow-up. The best part of my job is taking care of patient's and there needs.
Pros
Busy schedule
Cons
Busy schedule
Nice work environment
Neonatal Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Joliet illinoisJuly 27, 2013
Salary was good, work environment was professional, staff was easy to work with. Nurses were kept in territories
co workers made job-life enjoyable
billing and follow up rep (Former Employee) –  bolingbrook, ilNovember 18, 2014
typical day at work was contacting insurance company, checking on payment status. sending bills. validating payments. contacting patients for additional information IE COB forms. follow up with vendors for additional status. ( we had a vendor for form retrieval for high dollar claims)
the hardest part of the job was same issue getting no where.
IE a medicare exhaust patient was frequently in-house and claims were hit and miss to get paid. we would get to the point of sending to provider rep and still no resolution. trying to stay on top of these claims to get them paid to not fall thru the cracks is difficult.
the most enjoyable part is getting an old claim paid that management thought couldn't get reimbursed.
Pros
free coffee
This a vary biased and undercover racist employer.
Security Officer II (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJuly 27, 2012
I experienced being the only one that was willing to do the job as described in duties. My work day was full of various duties ranging from securing valuables to protecting patients and staff from agressive persons. Management was not forthcoming and often underhanded, from fear of their superiors retalliation of being honest, upright, and professional. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the people in charge not standing up to their written confession of being there for the community in the spirit of Jesus Christ. The best part of the job was helping someone in need.
Pros
helping people
Cons
lying, unfair treatment, nepotism, and racism
Too hard to care for patients with broken systems and processes
Clinical Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora IlAugust 4, 2013
Hard to be a manager at this hospital. Too many things need to be fixed and there is not enough money to run it even at a marginal level. Low level of education for most staff and management. Leadership changes so often there is no organizational wisdom. Culture of fear has moved this hospital to a place of secrets and lack of honesty.
Pros
some long timers are super-dedicated
Cons
not enough help to do any of the jobs there. no support staff, few people to do it all.

Provena Health Reviews by Location