Provena Health Employee Reviews

Maternal Child Department
Staff Nurse in Children Service Department (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILOctober 21, 2017
Caring for 1-4 patients per shift
Working with very supportive and available staff members
Supportive work culture
Learned many developmental information for the neonate, family dynamics, and what role ICU plays in family dynamics
Emergency Department Tech
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILSeptember 24, 2017
I loved working in the emergency department, so much to learn and a lot to do! Never a dull moment! If you can survive here, you can work anywhere! I left this job to relocate.
Pros
Learning new things all the time!
Lots of politics
Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Joliet, IL 60435August 11, 2017
I enjoyed my time at PSJMC, especially the patient care aspect. I was not ready for the politics that came with working at a large company. After my ten years at PSJMC, I am thankful for the time I spent there.
Stressful workplace
Nursing Aide (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 18, 2017
There's a whole lot of lifting, not enough staff for all these patients and responsibilities, workers are not appreciated, and they're not willing to work with you in case of accommodation for sick days
High employee moral
ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILMay 8, 2017
A great place to work and growth within. Training is very important to Provena now known as PRESENCE HEALTH as they merged with Resurrection Health. They keep their employees in the loop with any changes that can effect your position
i enjoyed my position as an operator.
Pharmacy Technician/ Call Center Operator (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILMay 2, 2017
I worked as an operator, answering the hospital switchboard and worked in admitting entered information for patients for procedures. I monitored security alarms, answered phone lines and call lights for patients.
Pros
Health benefits.
Cons
Odd hours.
Good Job
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Elgin, IL 60123February 13, 2017
Provena Health was a great company to work for. Unfortunately the upper management was not connected with its staff at all.
Best job ever!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILNovember 11, 2016
A typical day at work involved going to staff meetings, taking minutes and managing over 500 doctors.

I learned that some physicians can be very demanding, but I had a skill that would make any doctor smile.

I am a very good listener, so when a physician came in venting about something, I listened and found a solution.

My manager was great! She taught me a lot and we are still friends.

The hardest part of the job was not being able to solve a problem immediately when that request was asked of me. It didn't happen very often, but I always tried to do my best.

The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with the entire hospital staff. I was treated very well.
Pros
Physician buying us lunch
Cons
i enjoyed waking up going to work
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILSeptember 9, 2016
i was always learn new things and would work hard to get many promotion in different job opportunities, would allow pay raise with advancement. just gave me great opportunity of experiencing many levels of jobs.
Great Marking Department
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILJune 16, 2016
Great small marketing department. They treat you with respect and understand you have a life outside of work. They work great in the community
Great hospital
Environmental Service Aide (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILMarch 15, 2016
Great hospital and people to work around, good workers and benefits but no advancement, teaches you a lot. your are out numbered.
Pros
Great place to work, and great people.
Service Reps I worked with were great
Biomedical Technician II (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILFebruary 9, 2016
I worked in field service on Anesthesia equipment. Loved the people I got to meet, just didn't like all the late nights working. Unfortunately it was the best time to get to equipment.
yable
Loda Country Club, Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILDecember 31, 2015
enjoyed the time here like meeting all the guest and cook them lunch and dinner.
I also cooked for all patients in the hospital
job was very nice
not a good place to work at.
LEAD TECHNICIAN/SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILDecember 2, 2015
In the beginning it was great to be part of Presence Hospital, but with the changing of new management things started to change in overall description og=f the job was altered.
Good place to work for
Staff Nurse Intensive Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILOctober 23, 2015
A enjoyable place to work that provided tons of learning experiences. Enjoyed working alongside my colleagues and the amount of teaching and assistance they all provided
Provena Medical Group
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Channahon, ILJune 12, 2015
Being a medical assistant at Provena has provided me with a wide range of skills that I get to improve on everyday. A typical day can starts with blood draws before clinic starts. My day consist of rooming patients, taking vitals, administering injections, venipuncture, calling in medication refills, calling patients with lab and test results. I also schedule appointments and do a various of other front end jobs. The hardest part of my jobs making sure patient's follow-up. The best part of my job is taking care of patient's and there needs.
Pros
Busy schedule
Cons
Busy schedule
Need more education in diversity
Intake Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILApril 23, 2015
Majority of the co-workers were difficulty to work with no comradadre,not enough on the job training, this was a new position and no one was a mentor
I live to work not work to live
Assistant to C P O Director (Current Employee) –  New Lenox, Frankfort, Tinley ParkMarch 11, 2015
We were educated that the patient and their families came first.
We were instructed to go above and beyond an treat them like our
own family members.
Working holidays and weekends were expected and our behavior
and educational tests were evaluated in our annual reviews. I was in healthcare for 28 years and personal phone call were not permitted nor abusive language
Pros
Schedules that you can change with co workers
Cons
holidays and weekends
Very busy
Emergency Department Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  aurora,ilMarch 6, 2015
answering phone. processing orders for the doctors and nurses. Busy work without computers. Like working with co workers.
Pros
friendley
Cons
small hospital
wonderful place to work
Radiology tech assistant (Former Employee) –  Kanakee, ILFebruary 27, 2015
The environment was wonderful. The management was so good. The schedule was always on time and worked around everything. The doctors are always willing to help everyone learn more