Provena Health

Provena Health Employer Reviews

Fun group of Field staff
Scheduler (Current Employee), Bourbonnais, ILApril 29, 2014
Pros: days
Cons: some days not enough time to do everything
It is a very busy position with a lot of detailed work, a lot of reports, alot of interruptions with incoming phone calls. Definitely have to know how to multi-task and still get everything done in a timely manner. Have to have good communication with supervisors and field staff alike
great team to work with, but poor management to work for
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Clifton, ILMarch 20, 2014
Pros: great medical coverage and reasonable work hours
Cons: poor management and no potential for advancement
Love patient interaction on a daily basis and working with a great team to successfully complete work tasks.
job security is the utmost importance to managment
CNA (Former Employee), Aurora, ILMarch 12, 2014
fast paced and learn new skills everyday. co workers are helpful and work as a team
Technical Partner
Technical Partner (Former Employee), Urbana, ILJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: great job, went home tired, knew i worked hard, made a difference, received many personal letters from families of patients and patients themselves, was honored with best techinian a couple of times.
Cons: some burnt out members made environment uncomfortable, some of other technicians were lazy, i can not stand lazy employees.
Did blood drawls, EKG's, basic patient care. I worked a lot of over time to make enough money to pay rent and bills. I learned a lot. I loved working with the patients and making them feel as comfortable as possible. Great work staff, some burnt out individuals, that made it uncomfortable to some.
Very active workplace
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee), Danville, ILDecember 9, 2013
Pros: benefits, pay rate, actively on my feet, learning nurse and doctor language.
Cons: emotional effects
I was responsible for receiving information from patients while they visited the Emergency Room. I greeted the patients, if they were a returning patient I would confirm their information and validate their insurance coverage. If they were a brand new patient I would enter all of their necessary information into the computer. It was my duty to inform – more... them of all legal documents and capture their signatures. Management was sure to update on any policies that had changed or were changing, and show you any problem areas and personally help you fix the paperwork if need be. My co-workers were very hard workers and great team players. The hardest part of the job was witnessing traumatic events and not showing negative emotions with the family members. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help the patients and console them. – less
Not so good
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Frankfort, ILDecember 2, 2013
This place of an employment goes back on their word!! They do not pay well and get frustrated very easily when you ask for help. The only good part about this job was meeting the patients!
exciting and entergetic
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Rockford, ILNovember 25, 2013
Pros: endless overtime
Cons: short breaks
This is a fun and team playing environment, with a lot of incentives I was delegated task by a registered nurse or physician. I started my shift my familiarizing my patient with my presence and letting them know what their agenda was for that particular day.
Varied and challenging job
Medical Interpreter (Vietnamese/English) (Former Employee), Aurora, ILNovember 24, 2013
Coworkers come from diverse backgrounds, interpreters sent out on-locations must be flexible and quick to adjust to surroundings.
Out patient facility with gym perks
OTA Fieldwork- Level (Former Employee), Bourbonnais, ILNovember 10, 2013
I spent my clinical days there and was not able to really to spend a lot of time with the entire staff
To much gossip among employees. That is why I worked there such a short time.
Financial Counselor (Former Employee), Kankakee, ILOctober 4, 2013
Felt like I was back in high school with all the cliques and gossiping, no one was doing their work and when I did my work they would make fun of me. I did not like collecting from the poor who could not afford their bills.
Great organization to work , management is very flexible and caring
intake Casemanager, (Former Employee), Joliet, ILSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: they made sure every one in the department got lunche, s the manager was very k nowledgeable on case management issue
Cons: doctors not returning calls in a timely manner this was frustrated
I wish I could have stayed there management is very understanding when issues came up with families, ccoworkers are always willing to help in a difficult situation
Great Pays/Long Days
Registrar (Former Employee), Danville, ILAugust 7, 2013
Pros: great pay, great incentives.
Cons: coping with working 3 different shifts in one week.
Management was always around. I worked in the emergency room so I learned that it is very important to be kind to people because you never know where they are coming from or what they are dealing with. The hardest part of the job was working in the emergency room and having to deal with death. The most enjoyable part of the job is the fast paced environment – more... made the hours fly by. – less
Too hard to care for patients with broken systems and processes
Clinical Manager (Former Employee), Aurora IlAugust 4, 2013
Pros: some long timers are super-dedicated
Cons: not enough help to do any of the jobs there. no support staff, few people to do it all.
Hard to be a manager at this hospital. Too many things need to be fixed and there is not enough money to run it even at a marginal level. Low level of education for most staff and management. Leadership changes so often there is no organizational wisdom. Culture of fear has moved this hospital to a place of secrets and lack of honesty.
Nice work environment
Neonatal Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Joliet illinoisJuly 27, 2013
Salary was good, work environment was professional, staff was easy to work with. Nurses were kept in territories
Overall I love working here but I would like to do more and learn more.
CNA (Current Employee), Rockford, ILJuly 2, 2013
Pros: making a difference and making my residents feel special.
Cons: staffing and the quality of work of some co- workers who don't do their job to the fullest.
I enjoy being with and helping the residents with their needs and making a difference in their day. Learning more and more each day about Alzheimer's and Dementia. I get along very well with all my co-workers and they all like to follow me. The hardest part of my job is when we are understaffed and when someone that you care about has passed.
Love St. Mary's!
RN (Former Employee), Kankakee, ILMay 20, 2013
Pros: the atmosphere
An excellent place to work! Love the atmosphere, the people, opportunity for advancement, educational incentives, pay, and health benefits.
Great work environment with a family oriented staff.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee), Elgin, ILMay 17, 2013
Presence Health strives to give excellent care to patients and I love being apart of that.
Love my job, but afraid job will be elimated soon.
Transcription Coordinator (Current Employee), Champaign, ILApril 27, 2013
Pros: wonderful people.
Cons: job security
With the advancement of voice recognition, I may not be needed any more.
Very busy environment w/ plenty of variety
Clerk (Former Employee), Elgin, ILMarch 24, 2013
Pros: variety in the workload
Cons: rarely took any breaks
I like working in a hospital environment. My day mostly consisted of assembly & analysis of patient charts, making sure all physician signatures were present of marking them for future update. Also working with physicians on their charts answering any questions they might have. Pulled patient charts for other departments as well as other agencies.
Hospital
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Elgin, ILFebruary 13, 2013
Hospital setting. Great hands on experice availble. Learn new things on job.

1 2 3