Provena Health Employee Reviews

Best job ever!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILNovember 11, 2016
A typical day at work involved going to staff meetings, taking minutes and managing over 500 doctors.

I learned that some physicians can be very demanding, but I had a skill that would make any doctor smile.

I am a very good listener, so when a physician came in venting about something, I listened and found a solution.

My manager was great! She taught me a lot and we are still friends.

The hardest part of the job was not being able to solve a problem immediately when that request was asked of me. It didn't happen very often, but I always tried to do my best.

The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with the entire hospital staff. I was treated very well.
Pros
Physician buying us lunch
Cons
i enjoyed waking up going to work
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILSeptember 9, 2016
i was always learn new things and would work hard to get many promotion in different job opportunities, would allow pay raise with advancement. just gave me great opportunity of experiencing many levels of jobs.
Great Marking Department
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILJune 16, 2016
Great small marketing department. They treat you with respect and understand you have a life outside of work. They work great in the community
Great hospital
Environmental Service Aide (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILMarch 15, 2016
Great hospital and people to work around, good workers and benefits but no advancement, teaches you a lot. your are out numbered.
Pros
Great place to work, and great people.
Service Reps I worked with were great
Biomedical Technician II (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILFebruary 9, 2016
I worked in field service on Anesthesia equipment. Loved the people I got to meet, just didn't like all the late nights working. Unfortunately it was the best time to get to equipment.
yable
Loda Country Club, Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILDecember 31, 2015
enjoyed the time here like meeting all the guest and cook them lunch and dinner.
I also cooked for all patients in the hospital
job was very nice
not a good place to work at.
LEAD TECHNICIAN/SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILDecember 2, 2015
In the beginning it was great to be part of Presence Hospital, but with the changing of new management things started to change in overall description og=f the job was altered.
Good place to work for
Staff Nurse Intensive Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILOctober 23, 2015
A enjoyable place to work that provided tons of learning experiences. Enjoyed working alongside my colleagues and the amount of teaching and assistance they all provided
Provena Medical Group
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Channahon, ILJune 12, 2015
Being a medical assistant at Provena has provided me with a wide range of skills that I get to improve on everyday. A typical day can starts with blood draws before clinic starts. My day consist of rooming patients, taking vitals, administering injections, venipuncture, calling in medication refills, calling patients with lab and test results. I also schedule appointments and do a various of other front end jobs. The hardest part of my jobs making sure patient's follow-up. The best part of my job is taking care of patient's and there needs.
Pros
Busy schedule
Cons
Busy schedule
Need more education in diversity
Intake Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILApril 23, 2015
Majority of the co-workers were difficulty to work with no comradadre,not enough on the job training, this was a new position and no one was a mentor
I live to work not work to live
Assistant to C P O Director (Current Employee) –  New Lenox, Frankfort, Tinley ParkMarch 11, 2015
We were educated that the patient and their families came first.
We were instructed to go above and beyond an treat them like our
own family members.
Working holidays and weekends were expected and our behavior
and educational tests were evaluated in our annual reviews. I was in healthcare for 28 years and personal phone call were not permitted nor abusive language
Pros
Schedules that you can change with co workers
Cons
holidays and weekends
Very busy
Emergency Department Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  aurora,ilMarch 6, 2015
answering phone. processing orders for the doctors and nurses. Busy work without computers. Like working with co workers.
Pros
friendley
Cons
small hospital
wonderful place to work
Radiology tech assistant (Former Employee) –  Kanakee, ILFebruary 27, 2015
The environment was wonderful. The management was so good. The schedule was always on time and worked around everything. The doctors are always willing to help everyone learn more
No info
RN, Emergency Room (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILFebruary 21, 2015
No longer employed for this company and was only employed as a new nurse graduate so I can not offer any information. As a new grad they provided adequate training.
Great place to work.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILFebruary 5, 2015
30 Year employee. Good place to learn and advance career.

Excellent benefits. Excellent tuition reimbursement. Busy, busy

medical center
Very busy
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Geneva, ILJanuary 8, 2015
I only worked there for a short time. It was my first CNA job and it was hard. There were a lot of residents and not very many CNAs. It was hard to find help when I needed it. Administration was wonderful though.
Caring and compassionate place to work
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Champaign, IllinoisJanuary 2, 2015
Working for a non-profit organization was rewarding. Lots of programs for the community. The department was family oriented. Lots of opportunities for advancement and self-improvement.
Productive and great place to advance job career
Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILNovember 28, 2014
at any given time work flow (Nurse to patient ratio) can be challenging and patient's safety questioned but teamwork with other co-workers is what really keep patients safe and patient care manageable. the hardest part of the (RN) job is providing excellent care to every patient (no matter how hard one tries). And the best part is providing someone with assurance, hope, education and healing.
Pros
Meetings with lunch/potlucks!!
Cons
Nurse/Pct shortage
co workers made job-life enjoyable
billing and follow up rep (Former Employee) –  bolingbrook, ilNovember 18, 2014
typical day at work was contacting insurance company, checking on payment status. sending bills. validating payments. contacting patients for additional information IE COB forms. follow up with vendors for additional status. ( we had a vendor for form retrieval for high dollar claims)
the hardest part of the job was same issue getting no where.
IE a medicare exhaust patient was frequently in-house and claims were hit and miss to get paid. we would get to the point of sending to provider rep and still no resolution. trying to stay on top of these claims to get them paid to not fall thru the cracks is difficult.
the most enjoyable part is getting an old claim paid that management thought couldn't get reimbursed.
Pros
free coffee
Good
PRN Coder (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILOctober 20, 2014
Coding inpatient records on evening and weekends. I left because I was looking for remote coding opportunities.
Pros
Good staffs
Cons
non

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Provena Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Provena Health Reviews by Location