Provena Health Employee Reviews

Need more education in diversity
Intake Case Manager (Former Employee), Joliet, ILApril 23, 2015
Majority of the co-workers were difficulty to work with no comradadre,not enough on the job training, this was a new position and no one was a mentor
I live to work not work to live
Assistant to C P O Director (Current Employee), New Lenox, Frankfort, Tinley ParkMarch 11, 2015
Pros: schedules that you can change with co workers
Cons: holidays and weekends
We were educated that the patient and their families came first.
We were instructed to go above and beyond an treat them like our
own family members.
Working holidays and weekends were expected and our behavior
and educational tests were evaluated in our annual reviews. I was in healthcare for 28 years and personal phone call were not permitted nor abusive language
Very busy
Emergency Department Unit Clerk (Current Employee), aurora,ilMarch 6, 2015
Pros: friendley
Cons: small hospital
answering phone. processing orders for the doctors and nurses. Busy work without computers. Like working with co workers.
wonderful place to work
Radiology tech assistant (Former Employee), Kanakee, ILFebruary 27, 2015
The environment was wonderful. The management was so good. The schedule was always on time and worked around everything. The doctors are always willing to help everyone learn more
No info
RN, Emergency Room (Former Employee), Danville, ILFebruary 21, 2015
No longer employed for this company and was only employed as a new nurse graduate so I can not offer any information. As a new grad they provided adequate training.
Great place to work.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Joliet, ILFebruary 5, 2015
30 Year employee. Good place to learn and advance career.

Excellent benefits. Excellent tuition reimbursement. Busy, busy

medical center
Very busy
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee), Geneva, ILJanuary 8, 2015
I only worked there for a short time. It was my first CNA job and it was hard. There were a lot of residents and not very many CNAs. It was hard to find help when I needed it. Administration was wonderful though.
Caring and compassionate place to work
Human Resources (Former Employee), Champaign, IllinoisJanuary 2, 2015
Working for a non-profit organization was rewarding. Lots of programs for the community. The department was family oriented. Lots of opportunities for advancement and self-improvement.
Productive and great place to advance job career
Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse/Team Leader (Current Employee), Aurora, ILNovember 28, 2014
Pros: meetings with lunch/potlucks!!
Cons: nurse/pct shortage
at any given time work flow (Nurse to patient ratio) can be challenging and patient's safety questioned but teamwork with other co-workers is what really keep patients safe and patient care manageable. the hardest part of the (RN) job is providing excellent care to every patient (no matter how hard one tries). And the best part is providing someone with assurance, hope, education and healing.
co workers made job-life enjoyable
billing and follow up rep (Former Employee), bolingbrook, ilNovember 18, 2014
Pros: free coffee
typical day at work was contacting insurance company, checking on payment status. sending bills. validating payments. contacting patients for additional information IE COB forms. follow up with vendors – more... for additional status. ( we had a vendor for form retrieval for high dollar claims)
the hardest part of the job was same issue getting no where.
IE a medicare exhaust patient was frequently in-house and claims were hit and miss to get paid. we would get to the point of sending to provider rep and still no resolution. trying to stay on top of these claims to get them paid to not fall thru the cracks is difficult.
the most enjoyable part is getting an old claim paid that management thought couldn't get reimbursed. – less
Good
PRN Coder (Former Employee), Urbana, ILOctober 20, 2014
Pros: good staffs
Cons: non
Coding inpatient records on evening and weekends. I left because I was looking for remote coding opportunities.
Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Urbana, ILSeptember 25, 2014
Patient centered care in the surgical environment as a Registered Nurse
Excellant place of employment
Coordinator (Former Employee), Rockford, ILMay 8, 2014
179 bed long term/skilled facility with the opportunity to grow within the company. Provena merged with Ressurection becoming Presence Health which is the largest not for profit catholic organization in the state of Illinois. I have learned how to manage staff and how to provide great patient satisfaction. The most enjoyable part of my job was the standard of care that is provided.
Fun group of Field staff
Scheduler (Current Employee), Bourbonnais, ILApril 29, 2014
Pros: days
Cons: some days not enough time to do everything
It is a very busy position with a lot of detailed work, a lot of reports, alot of interruptions with incoming phone calls. Definitely have to know how to multi-task and still get everything done in a timely manner. Have to have good communication with supervisors and field staff alike
great team to work with, but poor management to work for
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Clifton, ILMarch 20, 2014
Pros: great medical coverage and reasonable work hours
Cons: poor management and no potential for advancement
Love patient interaction on a daily basis and working with a great team to successfully complete work tasks.
job security is the utmost importance to managment
CNA (Former Employee), Aurora, ILMarch 12, 2014
fast paced and learn new skills everyday. co workers are helpful and work as a team
Technical Partner
Technical Partner (Former Employee), Urbana, ILJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: great job, went home tired, knew i worked hard, made a difference, received many personal letters from families of patients and patients themselves, was honored with best techinian a couple of times.
Cons: some burnt out members made environment uncomfortable, some of other technicians were lazy, i can not stand lazy employees.
Did blood drawls, EKG's, basic patient care. I worked a lot of over time to make enough money to pay rent and bills. I learned a lot. I loved working with the patients and making them feel as comfortable as possible. Great work staff, some burnt out individuals, that made it uncomfortable to some.
Very active workplace
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee), Danville, ILDecember 9, 2013
Pros: benefits, pay rate, actively on my feet, learning nurse and doctor language.
Cons: emotional effects
I was responsible for receiving information from patients while they visited the Emergency Room. I greeted the patients, if they were a returning patient I would confirm their information and validate – more... their insurance coverage. If they were a brand new patient I would enter all of their necessary information into the computer. It was my duty to inform them of all legal documents and capture their signatures. Management was sure to update on any policies that had changed or were changing, and show you any problem areas and personally help you fix the paperwork if need be. My co-workers were very hard workers and great team players. The hardest part of the job was witnessing traumatic events and not showing negative emotions with the family members. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help the patients and console them. – less
Not so good
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Frankfort, ILDecember 2, 2013
This place of an employment goes back on their word!! They do not pay well and get frustrated very easily when you ask for help. The only good part about this job was meeting the patients!
exciting and entergetic
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Rockford, ILNovember 25, 2013
Pros: endless overtime
Cons: short breaks
This is a fun and team playing environment, with a lot of incentives I was delegated task by a registered nurse or physician. I started my shift my familiarizing my patient with my presence and letting them know what their agenda was for that particular day.