Under the direction and supervision of a medical doctor, educates clients on medications and side effects, TB, HIV and hepatitis and the use of drugs and alcohol. Also, provides case coordination for more complex patients with multiple medications or conditions. The LVN/LPT combines an understanding of the System of Care with critical medical, psychiatric symptom and drug interaction knowledge to support and enhance clinical team efforts in providing service to clients
- Provides case management/linkage services for more complex clients with multiple medications or conditions
- Follows-up with issuing medical doctors orders and pharmacies to ensure prescriptions filled accurately and promptly
- Under direction and supervision of a medical doctor, may dispense and administer medications
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with community resources to assist in case management
- Educates clients on various diseases such as TB, HIV and hepatitis
- Counsels clients on the effect of alcohol and drug
- Teaches parenting skills and child development education
- Functions as a resource to client, family and community resources and allied professionals
- Provide the best customer care possible.
- Identify and build upon the strenghts of consumers, coworkers, and the communities we serve.
- Support consumers’ steps towards Recovery and Wellness.
- Create an organizational culture that respects and celebrates the diversity of our consumers.
- Value learning as an ongoing process that enables us to better service our consumers and establishes our leadership in the industry.
- Research and utilize our industry’s best practices and analyze our own servies to ensure the best possible outcomes.
Level of Supervision
Does not supervise others.
Works under immediate supervision.
Education and/or Experience
Graduate from an accredited vocational nursing school or accredited school for Psychiatric Technicians.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Current license to practice in the resident state.
Valid driver's license and proof of automobile insurance.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
One year acute care experience and community clinic experience preferred.
Perinatal and substance abuse experience and education required.
Knowledge and experience working with the severely and persistently mentally ill population.
Good organizational skills and communication skills, both written and verbal required.
Intermediate level PC skills required.