Providence Health & Services Employee Reviews

Cooperative team atmosphere
IT Support Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CANovember 15, 2017
Helped people with PC and mobile device issues both MS & Apple. Also, biomed devices with network connectivity. Working for docs & execs often intense. Nurturing team atmosphere with coordinated escalation process, accountability and reporting via ticketing system.
Pros
onsite cafeteria
Cons
Industry a bit uncertain
Lack of Joy, Care, and Respect
Physician Relations Liaison (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 14, 2017
The Catholic organization that succeeded on the values of joy, care & respect over the last 150 years no longer perform or demonstrate those values in the care and treatment they provide to patients and family members or to the staff. Providence is preparing for a major change, which led administration to reduce staff and services. The organizations presents such uncertainties, it eliminates positions/employees abruptly without notice. I enjoyed working at Providence for 11 out of the 13 years I've served. The changes in leadership throughout the last six years has caused overall decline in the organization's success and rating.
Pros
Wonderful mid-level and lower-level staff
Cons
The lack of respect leadership has for staff, decisions are made based on personal feelings instead of professional oulook.
The Employees are the Best !
Registered Nurse (RN) Oncology Certified (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORNovember 13, 2017
Started as a new grad from Nursing school working nights, when a day shift position became available I was able to go from 12 hour nights to 8 hour days. Continual learning is encouraged and always lots of in-services. The company encourages you to advance in your career and get certified in what ever area you would like and you are rewarded in many ways. Was guided to become charge nurse and when that position became available I was promoted.

Lots of learning gained more experience working with the Dr's and other disciplines. Had to become more organized and able to multi task. The employees there are very professional and encouraging.

Had several managers while there from ones that were great to ones that used the position as a stepping stone to other jobs.

Made lasting bonds with the employees.
Pros
Great patient care !
great opportunity
Clinic Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Clackamas, ORNovember 12, 2017
i like being able to help my caregivers grow and making sure patients are getting the care they need. Our work place culture allows anyone who is wanting to grow the opportunity to take classes.
Stressfull and cut throat
Technician (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 12, 2017
If you are not in a union or don't want to be in a union don't bother. Certain positions get preference. Hospital is chronically understaffed. Benefits have steadily gone downhill.
great place to work
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 10, 2017
Case management on medical floor. The staff on the floor and in the case management department were wonderful to work with. The teamwork and camaraderie was excellent. Working with the patients trying to ensure they had a safe discharge plan was the most enjoyable part of the job. The most difficult part is trying to come up with plans for patients who may not have insurance or funds for their medications etc...
Pros
teamwork, camaraderie
Cons
busyness, stressful, sometimes long hours
Good employer with great benefits
Provider Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORNovember 10, 2017
Providence is a company where people are valued and recognized for their work and provided with a solid benefit package. Employees that are willing to grow and develop are provided opportunities to change.
N/a
Accounts Payable IS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Renton, WANovember 10, 2017
Providence is a great place to work, great coworkers and great management. Pot lucks all the time, accounts payable week was the funnest week ever. Work load is no more then you can handle.
Fast paced and a lot to learn
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Renton, WANovember 10, 2017
I enjoy working with my customers and vendors. There is not a lot of flexibility with your schedule and it is more hands on training. People are extremely nice to work with and you feel like you make a difference.
Productive and fun place
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Renton, WANovember 6, 2017
Except for phone calls , Providence is a fun place to work. I love the new job they are providing me. It is a good challenge. They provide training if needed.
Cons
phone calls
medical office
Front Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Huber Heights, OHNovember 6, 2017
A traditional medical office - people needing help, people needing guidance on insurance benefits and the benefit impact on the patient - everyone is pleasant - working on the same goals
Best Hospitals and Medical Centers out there
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CANovember 4, 2017
I worked at Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center and I can not say anything bad about this place, everyone is treated special employeers and patients and visitors. This is the best place to work and with the benefits of course even better.
Pros
Very good environment
Cons
Repetitive and a lot of walking
Supply Technician (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 4, 2017
Campus is large and easy to get lost.
Most days, you do the same thing, at the same time, at the same place.
Most of the people here are nice.
A lot of potential to learn different jobs.
Pros
Benefits and discounts
Supervisor made poor decisions
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Pedro, CANovember 3, 2017
I was injured at work and was never properly treated after becoming injured. I worked until it was no longer an option. Manager just kept telling me to hang in there until it was too late. She did not care about my pain and future health. I am still suffering 4 years later.
Pros
Cons
cut throat
disorganized
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 3, 2017
the culture is awkward and unsettling. micromanaged to submission leading to discouragement and distrust. lacked freedom to be creative and thorough. favoritism.
benefits
Cons
management and organization
Healthcare is challenging environment since ACA
Materials Management Manager (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WANovember 2, 2017
The ACA is affecting most health care systems and Providence is no exception. Lots of cost-cutting initiatives and emphasis on efficiency improvements. Problem is that they are impacting ability to maintain service. Great mission statement if we could get back focused on it.
Pros
Peers
Cons
losing their focus
Horrible
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WANovember 2, 2017
It depends on clinic you work for, they all have different managers. Mine was awful! She had no managerial experience and was constantly micromanaging both your time and clinical practice. Felt very invasive.
Fast pace
Cetified nursing assistance (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 2, 2017
Too far from where i live,i work 4 days a week i want a full time to atleats paid or match for my gas millage,would like to get a week ends off once a month atleast
Pros
Paid education training
Cons
Fast pace
good
Environmental Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXOctober 31, 2017
cleaned building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
Gather and empty trash.
Serviced, cleaned, and supplied restrooms.
Followed procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks.
Pros
good place
Cons
love
will not provide inside info
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 30, 2017
Since I do not have good experience. I will not say anything bad either.
I worked in Staffing pool and that was required to work in different location as needed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Providence Health & Services. Our community is ready to answer.