Providence Health & Services

Providence Health & Services Employee Reviews

Stay away
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), San PedroMay 24, 2015
Pros: Location
Cons: Pay; closed community; no reinforcement of disciplinary processes
San Pedro hospital is run by cliques from upper management down to ancillary staff. Any "outsider" is blackballed. Do not expect to change anything there. If you are viewed as a threat for being good at your job, having more education or excelling in any way; they will spread rumors and talk behind your back even among the "professionals". HR is not a safe place, they participate in the gossip too. They offer little to no mentorship and then negatively critique you despite their failure to usher you in the right direction. Some nurses will even sabotage others to prevent them shining. You will risk losing credibility reporting and trying to prove what's occurring. Don't waste your talents there. There is little real support is found. There are so many bad attitudes there and nothing is done about it. Employees with bad attitudes prevail at San Pedro and good progressive ones leave because it simply isn't worth it. Sad but true.. Look elsewhere!!
Good Company
Absence & Disability Consultant (Current Employee), renton,waMay 18, 2015
Pros: I worked with great people
Cons: my job was eliminated and no promotional advancement
It was a great place to work until my position was eliminated during my maternity leave. They did however, transition me over to the Swedish side of the house to help with the recruitment backlog.
Good career entry company
Medical Technologist (Current Employee), Portland, ORMay 14, 2015
Pros: Stable job
Cons: Management, disorganized training schedules
Great place to start a career. Learned a lot straight out of school. However, the lack of organized advancement and noncompetitive compensation makes me look elsewhere to take take my career to the next level. Plus, the chaos within the labs due to an overwhelmed management team and a constant state of being understaffed leaves much to be desired.
Good work environment and great location
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 12, 2015
Pros: great coworkers are like family
I have greatly enjoyed the opportunity to work for Providence as a MA. However its time for a career change in nursing as an LVN
Camaraderie among employees was excellent.
Accounts Payable Representative (Former Employee), Burbank, CAMay 6, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule
Cons: None
Friendly and helpful co-workers. Learned new computer systems, always busy, good driving distance from home. Disappointed they moved accounting offices to Seattle, WA, thereby being without a job.
Fast paced medical environment contantly evolving and changing to meet the changes to health care; faith based and spiritually grounded company.
Senior Human Resource Strategic Partner (Former Employee), Portland, ORApril 7, 2015
Pros: Free public transportation city pass, and food discounts at all facilities
Cons: Limited parking at some facilities
Supportive work environment with strong HR teams that provide excellent customer service to all aspects of the health care environment. Mission oriented in all initiatives.
Fast Paced, High Energy Place of Work
Emergency Department Technician (Former Employee), Portland, ORMarch 30, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed working as an ED Tech at Providence. It was a very fast paced and high energy environment. It definitely felt like a team environment where the physicians, nurses, and the techs worked together to provide the best possible care. As ED Tech's we had a wide range of tasks and job responsibilities including urinary catheter insertion, EKG's CBG's, UA's, blood draws, fracture splinting and immobilization, and wound care. We also rounded on patients, obtained vital signs, assisted patients in ambulation, and provided basic comfort care. When physicians planned a patient procedure such as a chest tube insertion or a lumbar puncture we would provide the equipment setup and assist as necessary. The most difficult aspect of the job was the constant need to complete 5+ critical tasks at once. The most fun part of the job was figuring out how to complete 5+ critical tasks at once and being able to provide patient-centered care.
OK place to work for..
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), OregonMarch 13, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: management
My experience with Providence was alright. Management is an absolute joke, no consistency at all, schedule changes day of, decent benefits, 95% of my co-workers were amazing though. You are worked hard and under paid ($14.xx is starting rate). No real raises (besides like 30 cents once a year), you do get paid holidays (but they take it out of your PTO) and you are basically expected to never get sick. The only enjoyable aspect of my job were my patients and co-workers. The place just does not have consistency, a lot of people come and go quickly, and they fire people left and right!
Large Healthcare Organization focuses on employees
SENIOR APPLICATION ANALYST (Current Employee), Portland, ORMarch 7, 2015
Pros: work/life balance is good overall. management is pretty easy-going.
Cons: frequent reorganization leads to stunted processes which affects morale overall, many management layers
Large healthcare organization that tries to focus on its employees while continually expanding. Good work/life balance overall. On the front line of healthcare advances in many areas - feels good to work for a company that supports research and advancement.
Excellent Management and Cultural Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Portland, ORFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: on site cafeteria which allowed you to swipe your badge for food instead of using cash.
Cons: no paid holiday's.
Management was very supportive and the atmosphere was very positive and upbeat.
My job was to answer phone calls from patients needing to pay their hospital or doctor bills. This was often difficult due to their inability to afford payments. Callers were often angry or emotional. It was rewarding when you could make a payment arrangement with someone to ease their worries.
The benefits through the company are satisfactory.
Time off was often difficult due to the nature of the work.
Overall, it is a good company to work for.
One of the worst places I have worked
Medical Staff Department (Former Employee), St Peter Hospital, Olympia WAFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: lovely campus; great doctors
Cons: favoritism to the point of absurdity
Beautiful hospital and grounds. Worked there nearly 3 years. My so-called "lead" dumped 90% of departmental work on me, took all the credit for herself. Think I might have had one ten cent raise in all the time I worked there. Department manager was clueless or else just had her favorites to the point of being oblivious as to who was actually DOING all the work. Shocked them all when I quit, couldn't figure out what I was unhappy about.......really??? Then they were not only self-absorbed, blind and ignorant, but they were deaf as well. Great doctors, some truly nice co-workers who also got passed over, lovely setting, worst people I have EVER worked for/under.
Productive and fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Renton, WAFebruary 10, 2015
Wonderful place to work for and very supportive supervisors and co-workers. The environment is great and I would recommend friends and family to apply for a job at PH&S. Everyone that I've worked with are always willing to teach you if you don't understand certain things at work.
Great Learning experience and fast paced environment
Clinical Financial Counselor (Former Employee), Milwaukie, ORFebruary 8, 2015
fast paced
learning new things and procedures and regulations daily
helping the community
my coworkers were great
hardest part of my job was not being able to help everyone i came in contact with.
the most enjoyable part of my job is hearing the words thank you
Solid non-profit organization
Information Services Trainer (Current Employee), Portland, ORFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: helping patients
Cons: compensation
Overall, Providence has it's heart in the right place in wanting to help the communities it serves. Being a non-profit means compensation isn't always up to industry standards, but it is rewarding working for a mission-based organization.
Pretty decent Place to work- depends on department
CS Tech (Former Employee), Medford, MedicalJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: low-stress, freindly cowrkers, good environment
Cons: nothing you wouldn't find everywhere else
I've worked in the dietary which is terrible but a really good way to get your foot in the door. Central Supply at Medford Medical Center is pretty good. Low stress, decent pay, mild drama, decent coworkers and all around a good place to work. Could use a little more backbone from management but nothing that you cant live with. Probably the best job I've ever had.
Fast paced, every changing environment
Project Training Coordinator (Former Employee), Renton, WAJanuary 21, 2015
I was part of a project in providing and creating training for over 80,000 employees who all needed training according to their job titles/roles. So, it was a position that was very challenging, always changing, and also a lot of fun.
Over all experice with Providence was okay.
A/R Resolution Specialist (Former Employee), Anchorage, AlaskaJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: competive wages and great benefit package
The billing department was moved out of state to Washington and Oregon. Not to happy about it.
Liberty Lake, Wa
Insurance Accounts Receivable (Former Employee), Liberty Lake, WAJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: wages
Cons: horrible management, and hr department
I worked for 14 years for Providence. This used to be a good place to work. The management is terrible, and the turn over rate is ridiculous. The expectations are not feasible, and you will be considered a trouble maker if you question, or disagree with management. HR is not helpful, and if they can get rid of you, and hire another employee and pay a fraction of the wages, they will. The company continues to go down hill, and employees are not a priority, you are just a number, and easily replaceable. It all comes down to the mighty dollar. There are much better companies to work for out there in Healthcare, this would NEVER be my first choice.
A Great Place To Work
EPIC Migration/Desktop Analyst (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CADecember 18, 2014
Pros: excellent work environment, people are terribly friendly, compensation is top shelf
Cons: when you're in you're in., the dedication to the company is somewhat 'cultish', overtime (without compromise) is expected
Providence is a fun and exciting place to work. The company is debt free and does not mind employees working overtime. The supervisors and management staff are very friendly and they actually remember your name if it's been while since they have seen you. The work environment is always pleasant and the locations are always in areas that are commensurate with enjoyable neighborhoods, shopping, and night life. My location St. John's Medical Center in Santa Monica was about 12min. away from Beverly Hills (that's without traffic!). I certainly would work for them again and would encourage others to work for the company as well
Stay away
CNA (Former Employee), Mission Hills, CADecember 7, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: horrible staff and management
I am in the process of suing them. Don't work there not worth the stress, deceit and bullying you will endure.

1 2 3 4 5

About Providence Health & Services

As the sixth-largest faith-based health system in the United States, we employ talented and dedicated individuals at our large – Read more

Providence Health & Services Salaries