Providence Holy Cross Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great hospital but not a great company
Annonymous (Current Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAMay 18, 2017
I worked here for quite a while and I was always turned down for a promotion. I'm pretty much done here. The co workers are great but management lacks.
Cons
Short breaks and favoritism
Great place to work, very poor wages.
Staff therapist (Current Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAMarch 18, 2017
Very good hospital to work for. Administration is typically very good overall. Very poor wages, however. Lost a lot of good ICU RNs and some RTs to other hospital chains due to extremely low wages compared to comparable hospitals in the immediate area.
Pros
Good CEO and work environment. Management good overall.
Cons
Very low wages for RNs and RTs. Benefits also poor.
productive
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAFebruary 5, 2017
great place to volunteer at. its very relaxing, but productive. you learn a lot being in a hospital environment. if you ar einterested working in the medical field, than volunteering at a hospital would be very beneficial. this hospital is a great one to volunteer at.
hard place to work very busy
Lead ER Technician (Former Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAJanuary 28, 2017
Very busy ER, but when we could relax we had fun joking around, was only for a short time then we would be back to work. It is a tight knit family, and a joy to work with everybody.
Pros
had fun and worked hard
Cons
people always in your business
Productive and Busy Trauma Hospital.
PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAJanuary 24, 2017
enjoyed working as a PBX Operator but no support from supervisor.
Favoritism. Co-workers on constant personal calls, playing games on the computer. No teamwork what so ever
Pros
free lunches, etc
Cons
no comment
Productive,work and Balance
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAJanuary 19, 2017
It is a good environment to work.The doctors are nice to work with,and staff members are team players.The benefit is good,and the work balance is perfect.
Best hospital to learn all aspects of Respiratory
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Mission Hills, CASeptember 2, 2016
I have learned so much working at Providence, the team is strong and always willing to help and teach each other. The traumas that come into the ER are mind blowing and the adrenaline rush its great. By far best hospital I have ever came across. 5 Star patient care.
A very caring and compassionate work place
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAAugust 18, 2016
If you want to work for an employer that really cares for its employees as well as its customers, Holy Cross is the place for you. While it is a very large employer, the management really tries to get to know you as a person and not just a number. The staff is really nice to work with as well. We all care about one another and work as a mature and professional team.
Positive Workplace.
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAMay 5, 2016
As a new comer and trainee, I was able to learn a lot from the veteran employees and everyone was very friendly and approachable. Good vibes and fun place to work with despite all the load of work and late shift.
Pros
Nice Employees
Cons
I was there for my externship only.
Best hosital to work for and be a patient
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAJuly 21, 2015
Loved, loved this hospital until management changed everthing as far as patient loads, policies and procedures. Wonderful RT department.
Pros
Great patient care
Cons
Management was not pro employee
teams
Emergency Dept. Staff RN, FCN (Current Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAJuly 1, 2015
I love working for Providence have a great deal friends I call my family, In an ever changing environment one thing doesn't change friends.
Company use to be a good place to work.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAJune 17, 2015
I was a Supervisor, It was a very busy trauma center. I learned hospital safety, save money, how manage the parking area, work in PBX and to supervise many other departments that was assigned to me.
Management was good, but when new management took over, the company changed. I got along well with all of my co-workers. Working there was not hard, just trying to teach new management of their behavior with staff would probably the hardest part. It was once like a family.
Pros
Everyone got along well.
Cons
Very Busy
fun place to work. Lots of action
Lead Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAApril 7, 2015
Be prepared to work hard. Holy Cross is a very busy medical Center. It has a very racially diverse staff which is great. I learned things about other cultures I never could have imaged. The pay was very good and I could work as many hours as I wanted, it is that busy. It is an awesome Trauma Center and ER that goes 24X7.
Pros
Administration always feeding you and barbeques for lunch, etc. good benefits
Cons
old equipment, not enough equipment to handle your pt. load
Great hospital to work for.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAMarch 1, 2015
This company has been around for a very long time and to this day is doing great things with their patients and their community.
Pros
Helping patients
Cons
Violent visitors
Its fun to work here staff is nice.
Central Supply Tech (Current Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAJanuary 25, 2015
Great place to work good benefits and great pay & hours.I learn a lot from this place.
Pros
Free Lunches on some days
Cons
Healthcare
Free lunches every Thanksgiving, Christmas and 4th of July catered and served by Administration
Administrative Communication Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAJanuary 21, 2015
My first job in this company as a Telephone Operator, Per Diem, after 2 years I made it to full time position. I did like what I am doing and I decided to go to a community college to study Medical Terminology, Coding and Billing, even if it was just basic. I got my tuition reimbursed and became the Lead Telephone Operator, like a supervisor, lots of responsibilities. I did like it except I know I was not rightfully compensated. After 5 years, I moved out and went to another company seeking for a better pay, but did not last, went to another company but they relocated to Texas. I decided to go back to Providence Holy Cross and this time I was a Administrative Contact Clerk for grave shift and handles all the floors by myself, I love it! Because I used what I have learned from school, terminology, lots of coding from emergency room, surgery, ccu, med surg and telemetry. But after 2 years, they have to do cut backs and I was included. But I have learned and experienced a lot in doing this job. The company too, they are really good to their employees.
Pros
Cons
I just hate it when lay off came.
Productive workplace with healthy working environment
Patient Care Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAJanuary 12, 2015
My time volunteering at the hospital was a strong learning experience for me because I gained the drive necessary to work on multiple tasks at once, as well as the ability to take on large workloads. My co-workers (the nurses) were all very friendly towards me and did their best to help me with anything I didn't know about. For example, I was once asked to bring an IV to a room, but I had no idea where the IV's were kept. I asked a nurse and she gladly showed me where they were and how to properly handle them.
Pros
Employee discount on lunches
Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAJanuary 2, 2015
Working hours were nice. Learned how to create spreadsheets.
Pros
Clos
Clinical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAJuly 30, 2014
I usually start my day by checking my units' census and referrals to see patients, especially in the ED.
Respect, collaboration with other desciplines, patients and families.
My manager is very supportive and understanding, open to discussions regarding challenging cases and/or personal issues.
Very limited community resources.
Success seing patient/family receiving care that they need. Medical staff recognizing/valuing social workers' opinion.
volunteered
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAJuly 30, 2014
I volunteered at holy cross. it was a good experience. learned a lot of great stuff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Providence Holy Cross Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2