Providence Holy Cross Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Company use to be a good place to work.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAJune 17, 2015
I was a Supervisor, It was a very busy trauma center. I learned hospital safety, save money, how manage the parking area, work in PBX and to supervise many other departments that was assigned to me.
Management was good, but when new management took over, the company changed. I got along well with all of my co-workers. Working there was not hard, just trying to teach new management of their behavior with staff would probably the hardest part. It was once like a family.
Pros
Everyone got along well.
Cons
Very Busy
Best hosital to work for and be a patient
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAJuly 21, 2015
Loved, loved this hospital until management changed everthing as far as patient loads, policies and procedures. Wonderful RT department.
Pros
Great patient care
Cons
Management was not pro employee
fun place to work. Lots of action
Lead Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAApril 7, 2015
Be prepared to work hard. Holy Cross is a very busy medical Center. It has a very racially diverse staff which is great. I learned things about other cultures I never could have imaged. The pay was very good and I could work as many hours as I wanted, it is that busy. It is an awesome Trauma Center and ER that goes 24X7.
Pros
Administration always feeding you and barbeques for lunch, etc. good benefits
Cons
old equipment, not enough equipment to handle your pt. load
Productive workplace with healthy working environment
Patient Care Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAJanuary 12, 2015
My time volunteering at the hospital was a strong learning experience for me because I gained the drive necessary to work on multiple tasks at once, as well as the ability to take on large workloads. My co-workers (the nurses) were all very friendly towards me and did their best to help me with anything I didn't know about. For example, I was once asked to bring an IV to a room, but I had no idea where the IV's were kept. I asked a nurse and she gladly showed me where they were and how to properly handle them.
Pros
employee discount on lunches
teams
Emergency Dept. Staff RN, FCN (Current Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAJuly 1, 2015
I love working for Providence have a great deal friends I call my family, In an ever changing environment one thing doesn't change friends.
Clinical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAJuly 30, 2014
I usually start my day by checking my units' census and referrals to see patients, especially in the ED.
Respect, collaboration with other desciplines, patients and families.
My manager is very supportive and understanding, open to discussions regarding challenging cases and/or personal issues.
Very limited community resources.
Success seing patient/family receiving care that they need. Medical staff recognizing/valuing social workers' opinion.
good place
first cook,lead cook, catering chef. (Current Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAFebruary 28, 2014
8 HOURS of work, one hour brake,LEARNED good communication, safety for me and everyone around me,MANAGEMENT focused on business and and employees,MY COWORKERS good teammates got along with them all. HARDEST PART OF THE JOB only when an Employee didn't show up calling on last minute, ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB when busy we worked hard as a team when not everyone calmed down checking equipment,sharpen Knives clean working areas etc.
Pros
very flexible schedules, family first, respect, understanding and free meals.
Cons
not geting staft when need it, sometimes other people get credict for something they didn't do, well...
Providence holy cross
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAJuly 2, 2013
I enjoyed working there because I love helping others .I assisted the therapist with patient care and made sure the treatment rooms were ready and cleaned for each patient. Co-workers were great people and taught me a lot of different things including front desk duties answering phone calls etc. The hardest thing I found in this job was not being able to help patients at time with pain or whatever else was going on with them.
Pros
free meals at times of hospital weeks or appreciation for empoyees
Cons
only half hour lunch breaks
mean
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Mission Hills, CASeptember 19, 2012
I was very stressed out here, I was the only Pharmacy technician working on 4th of July because I had less seniority. I think at the very least they should have scheduled another person to work with me, I couldnt even eat my lunch. I dont think this was right because it is a huge hospital and not only was the pharmasist I was working to lazy to answer the phone my head was spinning having to make iv's and deliver all the right meds to the nurses and answer every phone call!way toooo stressful. I very rarely was able to sit and eat my lunch.
Pros
pay was good but not worth the stress
Cons
lazy co workers.
Good place to work, very knowledgeable nurses and doctor's with great, efficient, and suffient skills. Very professional, Trauma center(5 stars)
Operating room (Former Employee) –  Surgical TechnicianIIINovember 2, 2011
Very good place to work. Excellent, nurturing, and professional doctors & nurses, as well as other staff, that are well trained to maintain their career. advancement comes with college degrees, CE credits, certifications, tec, They are cutting cost there at the present time,. So there are a few people that will be getting laid off soon. T
Pros
great & knowledgeable nurses and doctors
Cons
cutting hours
It was a fun place to work...I learned something new everyday.
Patient Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAMay 31, 2012
Going to wrok was hard specialy when there was not a set schedule and no organzation of where you were going to work such as in front,middle,or back. The ER Doctors,RN's and EMT were great no complains there,they communicated with us keep us aware of what was going on in the ER. As far management they didnt have good communication skills.
Pros
great group of people and fun
Cons
short staff, no lunch breaks
Absolute team-oriented, teaching and employee friendly facility
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAMarch 25, 2014
I worked on the Acute Vents/Pulmonary Unit, come to think of it, this was my primary unit. I floated every now-and-then. CNAs at PHMC are assigned 5 -7patients and the RN staff is excellent. I enjoyed the PHMC, the environment, the CEO's frequent visits to my unit and the Chief Nursing Officer, that was nice. There was a time the entire hospital was recognized for their work ethics and patient care. I miss that. This place is awesome, rewarding and are attentive to their employee's needs. Whom ever should read this, join PHMC, try this facility out. Every word stated here is from my own experience and I sincerely hope you will share the same.

Happy job hunting!
Pros
team oriented, employee equality overall beautiful place to work
Cons
employee parking
Fun workplace with co workers
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAApril 17, 2014
Teamwork with co-workers were so much fun and support eachother.
Learned from Medical Records classes at workplace.
My co-workers were so amazing to me and treated me as like as family.
The hardest part of the job : None
The most enjoyable part of the job was to do some research on Data information into the computer.
Pros
very positive job enivorment
Great hospital to work for.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAMarch 1, 2015
This company has been around for a very long time and to this day is doing great things with their patients and their community.
Pros
helping patients
Cons
violent visitors
great benefits, bad managers,high stress, low morale
Radiology Technologist CRT (R) (Former Employee) –  Main hospital, and outpatient centerNovember 7, 2012
One of the only non-union sites in the Providence Health"system" in California.HR puts you through a class stressing the importance of customer, teammates and quality statistics. In truth, managers have been "reassigned" and encouraged to leave after demonstrating lack of ethics, ignoring harassment allegations, and making terrible
capital expenditures. The result of all that is long term employees were dismissed and their jobs re-titled so cheap labor could take over. Remaining workers were making patient mistakes due to understaffing and the loss of staff expertise. I worked there after a promotion after 8 years, then,was harassed to the point of leaving a year later...

This use to be a GREAT hospital. Sadly, not a place you want to work at this time. Keep looking.
Pros
great location in the san fernando valley of la
Cons
horrible coo, ceo, marketing and respect for patient/employee
Its fun to work here staff is nice.
Central Supply Tech (Current Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAJanuary 25, 2015
Great place to work good benefits and great pay & hours.I learn a lot from this place.
Pros
free lunches on some days
Cons
healthcare
Administrative Support
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mission HillsApril 23, 2012
Check emails and calendar
answer phone calls and screen calls
print any reports required for the
complete outstanding project
Process payroll (mondays)
Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAJanuary 2, 2015
Working hours were nice. Learned how to create spreadsheets.
Pros
clos
Productive, fast paced environment
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAJanuary 4, 2013
Busy evening shift, that does not stop. From moment I come in to clock out time, it is busy. Constant discharge and admitting of patients.
Free lunches every Thanksgiving, Christmas and 4th of July catered and served by Administration
Administrative Communication Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAJanuary 21, 2015
My first job in this company as a Telephone Operator, Per Diem, after 2 years I made it to full time position. I did like what I am doing and I decided to go to a community college to study Medical Terminology, Coding and Billing, even if it was just basic. I got my tuition reimbursed and became the Lead Telephone Operator, like a supervisor, lots of responsibilities. I did like it except I know I was not rightfully compensated. After 5 years, I moved out and went to another company seeking for a better pay, but did not last, went to another company but they relocated to Texas. I decided to go back to Providence Holy Cross and this time I was a Administrative Contact Clerk for grave shift and handles all the floors by myself, I love it! Because I used what I have learned from school, terminology, lots of coding from emergency room, surgery, ccu, med surg and telemetry. But after 2 years, they have to do cut backs and I was included. But I have learned and experienced a lot in doing this job. The company too, they are really good to their employees.
Pros
free lunches every thanksgiving, christmas and 4th of july catered and served by administration
Cons
i just hate it when lay off came.