Providence Hospital Employee Reviews

Fun and friendly environment.Great staff and management.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALFebruary 1, 2017
Team players, flexible shifts, management was very helpful and understanding with issues that might arise at times and were resolved swiftly and appropriately. Enjoyable to go to work there.They salary was well calculated, and always room to advance.They also provided extra clinical teaching, to get out CEU's to help further out education and knowledge of new medical products,and curent educational seminars.And made these very flexible to attend for each shift.
Pros
Reduced lunches, friendly work environment with all staff and management.
Cons
Under staffed at times, however we would help out when needed extra.
Respiratory Therapist
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 22, 2017
I work on a PRN basis. This schedule is great for me as I can determine my own schedule. The management is flexible with my schedule.
It is a very diverse culture and the people are wonderful. It is a laid back environment. A member from the Joint Commission once complemented the hospital on how friendly the people were.
Pros
Able to determine work time. Friendly environment
Cons
pay is low compare to other hospitals in the area
A very loving atmosphere of healthcare workers
MRI Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mobile, AlabamaMarch 25, 2017
A challenging but rewarding career when dealing with patients in need.The environment can at times be very stressful, however the tasks achieved is somewhat worth the time.
Pros
Great health insurance benefits.
Cons
Emergency Department Triage Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mobile, AL 36619December 26, 2016
I do not want to review this company in detail because I am presently working. There is no room for growth and development. There is not enough or any management and upper management personal communication and encouragement among staff. Promotions are bias.
Productive, sometimes fun
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 12, 2017
Some days fast past. I learn time management. Management is teamwork. Workplace culture works. Having to come back on call. Knowing that I help to make someone feel better.
Nice diversification
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Washington DC, NE 20017December 28, 2016
Employees are very friendly and easy to work with. The culture is very diverse and inclusive. Though there's always complains about management.
Pros
Nice employees
Cons
Poor management
Positive work environment
Nutrition Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 7, 2017
Family oriented work environment; All caregivers regardless of what department they are in are supportive with each other; Most challenging part of my job- the physical strain it can put on my body always being on my feet; Most enjoyable part of my job- being able to offer compassionate care to people in a vulnerable time of their life and hope that it's made any sort of positive impact on them.
Pros
following our mission with fellow caregivers
Cons
over worked while understaffed; lack of compensation
Good Place.
CRNA (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 27, 2017
Good place to work. I learned a lot. Management is good. Excellent, workplace culture. Every day is enjoyable. Good team work. Everybody is positive.
Pros
Good Place.
Cons
Smile.
Only PT on most days with 20+ evals to attempt.
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  ColumiaMarch 16, 2017
After PT eval performed, good possibility the pt. would not get seen by PTA or another therapist due to staff shortage during their length of stay. This was very frustrating, and families not happy. Overall management seem caring, but upper management refused to hire additional staff yo accommodate of pt care. I enjoyed the learning experience with ill pts. and how to improve their quality of life.
Pros
compassionate co-workers for the most part
Cons
short staffed
Management has a lack of control and no way of report anonymously
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALFebruary 15, 2017
Spent several years there and management does not support the staff and will have favorites and will dump on the rest of the staff.
Upper management will not support staff and likes to sweep what middle management does under the rug and cover it up. Allows middle management to sleep with staff and give them easy work loads and makes othe staff members the heavy work loads
Pros
Cons
Lack of support for staff

Want to know more about Providence Hospital?

Ask a question
The first job I had in which I got to make my own schedule.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALFebruary 6, 2017
I worked as a CNA and I was prn (as needed). I enjoyed the flexibility as I was attending nursing school at the time. The management was eager to work with my schedule.
Pros
Flexibilty
Cons
Night shift was hard; I was split between two areas on the same floor.
This job wasn't the greatest job but study job
Storeroom Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 17, 2017
People was lazy the management didn't care unless it had something to do with him or someone that he likes. They gave you no help or support but they laid all the hard an heavy work on me with any help
Pros
free food
Cons
hard to get time off
Effective in patient care, productive and offered great benefits.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALNovember 30, 2016
Providence portrayed an effective healhcare facility regarding patients care, with great benefits for their employers. Supervisory staff were involved with the proper functioning of the facility and that policy and procedures were being followed that were in place.
horrible place to work they do not care about their employees
medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 7, 2017
I turned in a two week notice and got fired two days later they walked me out the building like I did something wrong I just wanted to leave my job properly
Pros
Positive work environment where teamwork is foremost.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJanuary 6, 2017
I believe the culture at Providence Hospital is positive and family oriented. The staff works well under tense and fast-paced conditions. Everyone there is caring, selfless and hard working. A typical day starts with information gathering , then it is a continually changing and fast-paced environment. The hardest part of the job is reaching far away resources. The most enjoyable part of the job is the bonds one makes with the patients and staff. The managers and supervisors always treat the staff with respect and understanding. If it is ever possible for them to help they always try their best to make the nurses successful. The learning experience at Providence Hospital is rich in opportunity and variety. Each day I learn at least five new and interesting facts and or skills. I have had the opportunity to talk with and learn from some of the best surgeon, doctors, respiratory nurses, Intensive Care Nurses and other experts in their field. The entire staff of the hospital is focused on and dedicated to patient care and patient well-being. As a nurse at Providence Hospital I am surrounded by professionals who love to help and want to teach others some of the skills they possess.
Pros
State-of-the-art resources. Some of the newest innovations in the field of health care and medicine.
Cons
Short staffed. The health care field needs more qualified nurses and other professionals.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 16, 2017
Good company to work with. Good management and positive and hardworking employees. Nice and nutritionist and a very good environment to work.
Loved working for this company.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Loved!
Practice Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 2, 2017
I loved this job! I had to move because of a personal issue. Otherwise I would have stayed employed here. I love my peers and managers. I kiss that place a lot!
Benefits
X-Ray Technologist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 19, 2016
The customer service here is great as well as the benefits. I really enjoy working with people. We work together as a team for the betterment of the patient.
Enjoy your work that you do always smile.
Phlebotomist Technician (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 6, 2016
The job was fine, but on morning shift there just wasn't enough help. All the phlebotomy techs quit and some nurses because of poor management. The supervisors and management always blame the workers. Why nit pick with your good workers to make them quit or you fire them for no reason. I think that providence Hospital really need a management change if they want stable and committed workers that will come to work and do there job. I love the job and work that I was doing , but supervisor and management make it very stressful to work and not even want to come in.
Pros
love the job the work that i do .
Cons
supervisor management make it very stressful to work
I do not recommend this hospital for an entry level applicant
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 11, 2017
This is a good hospital for treatment but not for employment for the laboratory. The manager there is very unprofessional. When you reach out to higher authority the issues are swept under the rug and never resolved.
Pros
co-workers will help you
Cons
attitudes are very unprofessional and rude from managers supervisors etc..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Providence Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.