Providence Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

MRI Tech-Aide (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 28, 2016
I loved working at this hospital. It felt like a family and I always looked forward to going to work everyday. I only left because I need a full-time job and the position was part-time.
Pros
helping people
Cons
hours
Patient Advocacy (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 23, 2016
Providence is a great place to work and the people are very friendly. The pay could be a little higher, but then again, other hospitals pay less in the area. They care about their employees and is an overall good place to work.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Getting a raise
My first position as administrative Assitant
Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  District of Columbia, DCApril 21, 2016
While I was there I enjoyed it very much. The residents alwasy made my day. They always had a story to tell and just wanted someone to talk too. My co-workers were also great!
Wonderful professional environment to expand and grow my knowledge base
Vascular Technologist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 12, 2016
Wonderful coworkers and supervision. I always feel "part of " decision making future direction of our department. I look forward to working there and being part of Providence as long as possible
Pros
Cons
Wish I could have found this job sooner
great place to work
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 11, 2016
If you value work relationships this is a great place to work!
Great team work, senior staff good with education.Clergy on staff prayer on intercom .
Pros
relationships
productive
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Oak Park, MIApril 11, 2016
I was a volunteer and I loved it. I rotated in different units as patient care. Its a very good atmosphere. everyone says hi walking by. the doctors acknowledge you
Pros
experience
Cons
Great benefits but huge turnover rates
NA (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 2, 2016
Providence has great benefits and compensation however the management was very poor. There is never enough people which causes current employees to be highly over worked and underpaid.
A Divine place to work
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 31, 2016
Some of the most kind, friendly, and caring people I have ever met.
Simple, straight forward objectives. Help people and help each other.
Pros
Cons
Traffic
Compasionate and caring environment
Volunteer at the Case Management Department (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 30, 2016
Great workplace, that gave the opportunity to increase my knowledge and skills in the social service industry. A typical day at work consisted of assisting elderly people with their medicare documents.
hospital
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMarch 23, 2016
when i was working or there it was difference an i love it the patient was nice i was working in the dietary i had to take the trays food to the patient
Excellent start off job
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 22, 2016
A typical day at work would be checking in patients, pulling charts and making sure every patient gets their allergy shot in the order that they've came in. I would also give patients their skin test, draw up serums, and take history from new patients.
Pros
Very nice patients, fun job to do, keeps me on my toes.
Cons
Not enough hours.
Fun place to work helping others.
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  1918 S. Hayes Ave. Sandusky, OHMarch 14, 2016
You felt needed and able to help others. I learned that it is a great responsibility to be in healthcare. Everyone had to work together to get the job done. The hardest part was when we lost a patient and the most enjoyable part was when the was discharged back to their family well again.
Pros
Having a cafeteria to go to for lunch for a hot meal.
Cons
Working on the week-ends and not enough pay.
very clickish.
ENVIORMENTAL SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Seaside, ORMarch 5, 2016
was a very clickish enviorment. worked as a housekeeper in enviormental services.management was pretty one sided when I would call issues to her attention.co workers not very helpful or friendly, really didn't care for out siders.the hardest part was rotation of shifts.the most enjoyable part was my last day.
Cons
Productive and proffessional facility with a family feel
Phlebotomy Clinical Internship (Former Employee) –  Centralia, WAMarch 3, 2016
I enjoyed working at Providence Centralia. The people I worked with were pleasant and professional and very efficient. They were generous with their time and skills. I preformed venipunctures every 2 to 5 minutes and honed my skills as a phlebotomist. My manager was friendly and understanding. She was very good at keeping things running smoothly and attended to any problems with kindness and authority. The hardest part of the job was getting to know some of my clients and then having to leave the job after I had completed my internship. I enjoyed that setting and getting to know the regulars. They were receptive to help me perfect my skills and the geriatric patients were tough and funny and just a joy to work with.
Pros
Regular patients
Cons
long drive from my home
Antiquated system
Registered Nurse, RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 3, 2016
Antiquated system, management not engaged with employees and the employees are not committed or motivated to go above and beyond.
Productive and learning work place
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 26, 2016
Everyday is full of learning at this hospital, I run into a lot of different people I have some easy day and I have some hard days. I work with about 5 to 12 patients a day. the hardest part of my job is knowing that we did everything we could and things don't come out the way it was planned. Most enjoyable part is being an ear to my patients and being able to put a smile on there face with the care that I provide
Compensation and Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 17, 2016
Guiding and training, and putting out fires pertaining to associates benefits because of the problems that are not resolved by corporate call center. I know 99.5 percent of my co-workers and they know me. If they have a problem or question about anything they come to HR and see me. I greet them with a smile always. Not have the access I need to do my job. The most enjoyable part is that I know that I have helped my co-workers when needed in the good time and the bad, and just being a part of their lives.
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
Self Service Portal is not user friendly for benefits
A Community Based Catholic Hospital in DC
Business Development Specialist Medical Imaging (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 6, 2016
Typical Day: Early Morning Visit physician practices within the medical building making them aware of our openings in MRI and CT
-Check on front desk staff and schedulers
-monitor work flow
Early Afternoon: Gather statistics on referring doctors, follow trends, amke adjustments to the strategic plan I created for medical imaging
Review the utilization report
-check on front desk staff and schedulers
-monitor work flow
Afternoon: Visit referring doctors and potential clients outside of the hospital
Evening: Call patients reminding them of their appointments. Make random calls to patients on the previous day schedule and ask them about their visit. How was the service? Did providence imaging meet your expectations

What I learned? To never give up on a potential client

Management: We worked well together, even though I wasn't given a big enough budget

Coworkers: great staff thats passionate about helping our patients

Hardest part of the job: Listening to a doctor yell about an issue

Most Enjoyable part: Interacting with our patients and learning from them.
Pros
Commission structure, Interacting with our patients
Cons
not having lunch
Providence
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXFebruary 3, 2016
Great place to work. People there are nice and treat the patients very well. Benefits are very good. Staff work hard and compassionate.
Pros
Team approach
good place to work at
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 2, 2016
I learned how work as a team and get the job.
I love working with my co-worker.
It great benefits working at the hospital.
I learned a lot in past months working at the hospital.