Providence Life Services Employee Reviews

Run don't work there
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILSeptember 27, 2016
they can't keep staff people have no call no show and come back to work with no questions asked. very cheap company always run out of supplies they have los of overtime cause people always call off
Assisted Living, Homer Glen
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Homer Glen, ILJuly 31, 2016
Great place to work! Everyone so friendly. Management works with your schedule. Co-worker support. Everyone works together.
Pros
Free meals to staff on holidays
Cons
Raises stop after 5 yrs
Don't work in Palos heights!!
Evs (Former Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILMay 26, 2016
This company has no ethics. They will fire people who has worked for them for 20 years, 15, 10 years!! They make up things just to fire u after dedicated services. Cna's are treated like maids, nurses are lazy and do not help with the work. Management is awful, and will listen to liars before a long standing employee!!! I wouldn't work here unless there's an union put into this company. Believe me, this company needs an Union BAD!!
Pros
Staff develops great relationships with each other
Cons
Poor management, not a Christian-like facility
Enjoy Serving
Cook/Utility Steward (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 14, 2016
Loved serving the elderly on a daily basis, was proud when complimented on various preparation of dishes. Very fast paced work environment
Pros
meeting people
Cons
minimal advancement opportunites
You have to have a passion
Medical Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILNovember 9, 2015
I enjoy working for this company, I have learned alot from the staff, the management can be unfair at times but overall its a great company to work with.
RCA at Assisted Living
RCA (Current Employee) –  Crete, ILJuly 5, 2015
Love coming to work and seeing my Residents and co workers. I have a wonderful Boss who understands the day to day operations of Assisted and Independent Living. Every day is something new , Makes me appreciate the Elderly more each day.The only draw back for me is losing a Patient. This is a very hard process for me. I work with the best Women at this Facility. Nice to know that I can make a Resident smile and laugh .
Pros
Work with great people.
Cons
Sometimes there's not time for Lunch.
Good Company to Work For
HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILApril 23, 2015
If you are a early career CNA or Medical Assistant, this is a great company to get your start while serving a deserving segment of the community.
every one in there food service are jerks.
server (Former Employee) –  palosApril 13, 2015
Think twice before going to work at there kitchens. Fall language moths and no responsibility to each other. They put down there guest and residents.
Pros
nice view outside.
Cons
No breaks what so ever. the kids that work are all jerk. No such thing as leadership.
Productive and fun day if we have all our staff.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILDecember 13, 2014
A typical day at work is fun until you are not fully staffed for the day. Management does not seem to be on the same page all the time. I love making sure my patients keep good spirits through it all.
Relaxed and very easy going environment.
CNA (Current Employee) –  Park Place of ElmhurstJuly 15, 2014
It doesn't get any better than this. The work is extremely easy. New CNAs would really benefit from working here. You really utilize your skills here. I love it. And it's not back breaking work.
Pros
Friendly Christian environment.
Cons
The pay could be a little better. But I believe they're working on that now.
First Job and the Start of my customer service skills
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILMay 12, 2014
A typical day at Providence Life Services as a Housekeeper was routine. I cleaned up to 13 residents rooms daily. I cleaned lobbies and activity areas. I was one of two housekeepers there so attendance was a key factor. My attendance was excellence. I really enjoyed talking with the residents and helping them out with problems and issues. Cleaning for them was a huge obstacle and I was glad to be there to help. By it being a retirement home the residents there were elderly and most of them were ill and the hardest part of the job was when they had to move out to the nursing homes or when they died.
Management kept changing, ha 9 V.P. of home and community based services in 11 years. So with each management change work order was changed
Hospice Administrator (Former Employee) –  South Holland, ILDecember 27, 2013
Typical day started at 6:30 am before office staff arrived (best time of day as phones still going to service). Able to answer e-mails, and list what needed to be done for the day. Great for morale as made me more available to staff during office hours. Co-workers were hard working, taking their responsibilities seriously yet with smiles and humor shining through.
toughest part of job was the hiring and firing of employees. Best part of job was being able to go out and see patients with staff and interact with families and patients.
Pros
Great staff, very caring and supportive to the patients, families and each other. Starting at 6:30 was able to leave at 4 (when able.)
Cons
Working through most days without break, could not depend on back-up of VP r/t constant turnover, no backup from corporate office when survey's occurred.
fun workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crestwood, ILNovember 19, 2013
nice location and nice management. Love the resident and great working environment.
Pros
close location
Cons
short staff
Great mission statement many employees who breathed it let go .
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  South Holland, ILNovember 7, 2013
Providence formerly Rest Haven South in the ten years with company gave me the opportunity to serve our elderly & disabled community , which in turn greatly blessed & gave meaning to my life .
Very flexible and relaxed environment
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  South Holland, ILFebruary 27, 2013
A very routine and relaxed job. Fairly fast paced. I learned basic skills and organization. The management wasn't very professional or organized. The hardest part of the job was adjusting to the constant changes in tasks. The most enjoyable part of the job was the co-workers and spending free time with them. They make the job enjoyable.
Pros
flexible scheduling, free lunch
Cons
poor management and organization
Overworked, understaffed facility with unsupported administration.
Patient/ Resident Representative (Former Employee) –  Palos Heights, IllinoisFebruary 7, 2013
Hectic, daily schedule.
Administration non-existent.
Learned how important a supportive administration is in a long term care facility due to lack of administrative response.
Activities director holds the facility together, very professional and caring.
Co workers show frustration and lack of hard work ethic.
Difficult to appreciate a facility in such dissaray.
Enjoyed assisting the residents and patients.
Pros
quality rehab department.
Cons
dated facility, poor food quality, understaffed with payees not getting adequate care.
Good place to work through out college
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Palos Heights IlJune 22, 2012
I set tables, serve residents meals and clean dishes and the kitchen. Management is okay, minus the fact that they tend to loose vacation requests. My coworkers are amazing and i love going to work with them everyday. I could use more hous though seeing as I only work 3 hour shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Providence Life Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9