Providence Life Services

Providence Life Services Employer Reviews

Relaxed and very easy going environment.
CNA (Current Employee), Park Place of ElmhurstJuly 15, 2014
Pros: friendly christian environment.
Cons: the pay could be a little better. but i believe they're working on that now.
It doesn't get any better than this. The work is extremely easy. New CNAs would really benefit from working here. You really utilize your skills here. I love it. And it's not back breaking work.
First Job and the Start of my customer service skills
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee), Downers Grove, ILMay 12, 2014
A typical day at Providence Life Services as a Housekeeper was routine. I cleaned up to 13 residents rooms daily. I cleaned lobbies and activity areas. I was one of two housekeepers there so attendance was a key factor. My attendance was excellence. I really enjoyed talking with the residents and helping them out with problems and issues. Cleaning for – more... them was a huge obstacle and I was glad to be there to help. By it being a retirement home the residents there were elderly and most of them were ill and the hardest part of the job was when they had to move out to the nursing homes or when they died. – less
Management kept changing, ha 9 V.P. of home and community based services in 11 years. So with each management change work order was changed
Hospice Administrator (Former Employee), South Holland, ILDecember 27, 2013
Pros: great staff, very caring and supportive to the patients, families and each other. starting at 6:30 was able to leave at 4 (when able.)
Cons: working through most days without break, could not depend on back-up of vp r/t constant turnover, no backup from corporate office when survey's occurred.
Typical day started at 6:30 am before office staff arrived (best time of day as phones still going to service). Able to answer e-mails, and list what needed to be done for the day. Great for morale as made me more available to staff during office hours. Co-workers were hard working, taking their responsibilities seriously yet with smiles and humor shining – more... through.
toughest part of job was the hiring and firing of employees. Best part of job was being able to go out and see patients with staff and interact with families and patients. – less
fun workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Crestwood, ILNovember 19, 2013
Pros: close location
Cons: short staff
nice location and nice management. Love the resident and great working environment.
Great mission statement many employees who breathed it let go .
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), South Holland, ILNovember 7, 2013
Providence formerly Rest Haven South in the ten years with company gave me the opportunity to serve our elderly & disabled community , which in turn greatly blessed & gave meaning to my life .
Very flexible and relaxed environment
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), South Holland, ILFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: flexible scheduling, free lunch
Cons: poor management and organization
A very routine and relaxed job. Fairly fast paced. I learned basic skills and organization. The management wasn't very professional or organized. The hardest part of the job was adjusting to the constant changes in tasks. The most enjoyable part of the job was the co-workers and spending free time with them. They make the job enjoyable.
Overworked, understaffed facility with unsupported administration.
Patient/ Resident Representative (Former Employee), Palos Heights, IllinoisFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: quality rehab department.
Cons: dated facility, poor food quality, understaffed with payees not getting adequate care.
Hectic, daily schedule.
Administration non-existent.
Learned how important a supportive administration is in a long term care facility due to lack of administrative response.
Activities director holds the facility together, very professional and caring.
Co workers show frustration and lack of hard work ethic.
Difficult to appreciate a facility in such – more... dissaray.
Enjoyed assisting the residents and patients. – less
Good place to work through out college
Dietary Aide (Current Employee), Palos Heights IlJune 22, 2012
I set tables, serve residents meals and clean dishes and the kitchen. Management is okay, minus the fact that they tend to loose vacation requests. My coworkers are amazing and i love going to work with them everyday. I could use more hous though seeing as I only work 3 hour shifts

About Providence Life Services

Providence Life Services is committed to the Membership Covenant of the AAHSA Quality First program. Through this program all – Read more