Providence Life Services Employee Reviews

Stressful
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILAugust 23, 2017
Constant pressure and large workload, not much appreciation or respect for the nurse assistant role from management. Rewarding aspects from patients and family.
FOOD SERVICE AIDE (Current Employee) –  Crete, ILMay 15, 2017
Started when I was 16, excellent starting job. Hours are decent if given and staff is pleasant. Residents are also very friendly. Would highly recommend a career here.
Wonderful Company
Marketing Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILApril 10, 2017
My experience with Providence Life Services has been one of the most fulfilling experiences to date. I find this job to sometimes not even feel like work as it is rewarding. Getting to interact with families and help them find peace knowing their loved one is cared for by staff who truly enjoy what they do is the best part. I am proud to be a part of a team who shares the common mission to serve others.

There is a lot of opportunity here at Providence whether you enjoy working and talking with families through marketing, providing care or working on dining staff. This is one reason of many that drew me to working here. Being able to mesh my faith with my passion for healthcare and to serve others, I really could not ask for anything more out of a company.

Overall, I highly recommend Providence Life Services and I am a very satisfied employee.
Good company to work/ Growth Knowledge
DCNA/MEDICAL RECORDS (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILApril 10, 2017
I been working at Providence for 14 years definitely a great place to work I could say it’s my second home. If you are hardworking and career minded there are many career opportunities for you. It means a lot to me personally to work for a faith based organization with true values and holds true to its mission.
Pros
Always acknowledge employee.
Excellent opportunities for career minded professionals.
Talent Acquisition Manager (Current Employee) –  Corporate, TInley ParkMarch 14, 2017
I am really enjoying my employment with Providence Life Services. If you are hard working and career minded there are many career opportunities for you. It means a lot to me personally to work for a faith based organization. Even more, an organization that holds true to it's mission.
Pros
Faith based, opportunities for growth
Love coming to work everyday!! Great co-workers, boss,and company!!
Housekeeping/Laundry Director (Current Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILMarch 9, 2017
I was the Housekeeping Supervisor years ago and left to work for another company. When I was asked to come back to work at Palos Providence for the current Administrator, I said yes immediately. She follows the Providence Christian values which I believe in. My typical day is to be on the "floors" making sure everything is being taken care of for our residents. Our Administrator, as well as, the other managers are also on the "floors" to make sure the residents needs are being met. That is what I love about Palos Providence is that people are not sitting in their offices. We are working together making sure that our staff are getting their tasks accomplished for our residents.We are really all hands on deck. I'm always getting my staff started in the morning, etc. I like knowing that I work for a company that cares for their residents. And you really feel it here at Palos Providence. I really think it starts at the Top. At Palos Providence, our Administrator and DON make sure that we follow up on any concerns immediately and that also makes me personally happy. These are the type of people I like to work for. I would definitely recommend Palos Providence a great place to work!!
Pros
Christian values, great benefits, great Admisitrator, corporate training
Home Health, Hospice and Private Duty
Administrator of Home Care Service (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILMarch 8, 2017
They are a Christian based organization that provides Home Health, Hospice and Private Duty within the community.
I enjoyed the challenges and finding solutions to those challenges.
Growing me as an Individual and a Professional
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Zeeland, MIMarch 8, 2017
I've been working at Providence for a little over a year and continue to find myself being amazed at the opportunities they are providing me! They have invested in me personally and are growing me as a young professional. Providence takes their mission to heart and daily strives to enhance the lives of their residents and employees! My colleagues and superiors have been excellent resources for me and have always been willing to help answer my questions. I'm grateful to work for Providence and am honored to join in their mission!
Pros
Supportive and Caring Culture, Professional Development, Personal Growth, Opportunities to Make a Difference
Nursing (Current Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILMarch 8, 2017
I have been an employee at Providence for many years and it's a great place to work. It's a pleasure to take care for the clients here and it is a great work environment.
Pros
great work enviornments, good benefits, learning opportunities.
GReat Company to work for
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 8, 2017
Providence is a great company! The staff genuinely cares for the residents and is dedicated to them. They are dictated to the advancement of their employees.
Pros
Rewarding work, Good benifits freindly coworkers
Nice Christian corporation
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Homer Glen, ILFebruary 1, 2017
Wonderful place to work. Management is fare makes you feel appreciated. Nice friendly great environment. Light work load. Best CNA/patient ratio. 5 to 1. They also have great pay.
Pros
Good management
Cons
No Teamwork at times
Refuse to work for them
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Homer Glen, ILJanuary 20, 2017
Refuse to work for them. They wasted my time by bringing me in for an interview and then dismissing me for bogus allegations about being ackward around their worthless staff members.
Positive wok environment with with flexible scheduling!
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Homer Glen, ILJanuary 11, 2017
I started off working at Victorian Village Assisted Living as a CNA. I was still going to school and they were able to work with my schedule to create a great balance. The staff that work here are not just co-workers. Friendships develop and management truly takes a care in our well-being. The residents that live here are great. It is a very clean work environment and if I ever had any questions, everyone was willing to lend a helping hand. A typical day at work would include helping residents with taking their medication, dressing, and getting them ready for their day. Charting and monitoring for any change in condition was very important. As I advanced my degree through school, they were able to hire me as an LPN. The responsibility is much greater but I learned so much and was given experiences that I will utilize throughout other opportunities. The LPN would essentially supervise the CNAs, process orders, administer treatments and medications, maintain contact with the family and other health care professionals. Charting and documenting everything was also very important. What I liked most about Victorian Village was the strong communication between workers. We were all on the same page and it really made things run smoothly. Another great thing is that if a CNA or LPN has an idea that might benefit the resident or make things easier on the workers, our superior always listens and tries to implement that idea to see if it works. They always worked with my changing school schedule which helped tremendously. Everyday was different which never made work boring. I have worked  more... at many facilities but I really enjoyed my time at Victorian Village the most.  less
Pros
Flexible, respectable pay, equality, home-like feeling, benefits
Cons
Can get busy - but that is healthcare in general, some newer technology would be nice
Overall Good Company
Clerical (Current Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILJanuary 11, 2017
The company is growing, so there is job security. Good comp and benefits, and management typically is understanding. For the most part, the culture is good, but it is also very busy.
Great place to work!
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILJanuary 11, 2017
I just started a few months ago but it has definitely been a great experience so far! Everyone is great! I love that Providence is very family orientated. Everyone has been very friendly, very helpful with any needs I may have had. I am glad to be part of Providence!
Saint John Indiana terrible place to work
Care Partner (Former Employee) –  IndianaJanuary 6, 2017
Whatever shift you work rather it's days evenings or midnights if the shift before you care partner calls off you have to stay over and work another 8 hour shift literally they will mandate you if you can't stay you will be terminated... The place is under staffed.Nancy is the Adminstrator over there and she sucks big time ... Don't fall for the okie doke over there those ppl are users and nuts for the amount of work they want you to do..
Pros
Free lunch by the cook there
Run don't work there
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILSeptember 27, 2016
they can't keep staff people have no call no show and come back to work with no questions asked. very cheap company always run out of supplies they have los of overtime cause people always call off
Poor place to work.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILAugust 12, 2016
The nursing supervisor is a lpn whom is lazy and never helps anybody but her buddies. They were overall ignorant, prejudice and lazy. Ppl always called off which left Cnas with 14-18 ppl at times.
Pros
Got to learn a lot
Cons
Poor management/Always short staff
Don't work in Palos heights!!
Evs (Former Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILMay 26, 2016
This company has no ethics. They will fire people who has worked for them for 20 years, 15, 10 years!! They make up things just to fire u after dedicated services. Cna's are treated like maids, nurses are lazy and do not help with the work. Management is awful, and will listen to liars before a long standing employee!!! I wouldn't work here unless there's an union put into this company. Believe me, this company needs an Union BAD!!
Pros
Staff develops great relationships with each other
Cons
Poor management, not a Christian-like facility
Enjoy Serving
Cook/Utility Steward (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 14, 2016
Loved serving the elderly on a daily basis, was proud when complimented on various preparation of dishes. Very fast paced work environment
Pros
meeting people
Cons
minimal advancement opportunites

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Providence Life Services. Our community is ready to answer.