Providence Medical Center Employee Reviews

Really liked Providence
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJanuary 4, 2017
Really enjoyed Providence, friendly staff, charting was done on the computer which was a plus, Nurse to patient ratio was good. Never really had to stay late charting.
great to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSOctober 26, 2016
I Love to work @ Providence Medical Center that's all I can say the Boss are nice HR are nice people are nice to work with. if is not really I moved here in Florida I will not going to resign because I love to work in this company
Pros
every holidays there's free lunch
Cons
enought breaks
A great work experience
Patient Courier (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, OROctober 19, 2016
A typical day included signing in patients for their doctors appointments, delivering specimen to the lab, providing information, and engaging in conversation with patients while I discharged them.
Pros
friendly environment, productive, and rewarding
Cons
computer complications
Greatly enjoyed working at this facility.
Clinical Data Analytics, Quality, Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJuly 31, 2016
Excellent working conditions, advancement opportunities, caring staff. Education opportunities for training in new skills. Working with well trained co-workers, supported by management.

Productive and enjoyable environment. Only hard part was commute to work.

Typical day at work was basically the same, but if flexibility or coverage was needed, all worked on a plan to cover the daily case load and helped other staff as needed.
Pros
Modern, extensive services facility
Cons
Parking spaces
great place to work
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJune 15, 2016
great team effort to nursing, busy fast paced care, best cardiology group around. quality patient care, new innovative radial caths done by most all cardiology doctors.
Pros
great bosses
Cons
had a great time and mentored many who went on to better things
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 4, 2016
this was a time of learning and mentoring that I shall never forget
It is good to know that some techs went on to become RN's, NP's and doctors
we always seemed to work in synch and had fun doing what was needed to care for patients, families and other staff
good place to work.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSFebruary 13, 2016
Enjoyed working there would recommend to friends. Friendly staff with a commitment to exceptional patient care and a nice place to work.
Easy job but work environment needs help
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSFebruary 3, 2016
I work for Healient Physician Group In Leawood Ks. The staff nurses are mean and rude. The only enjoyment about the job is the free breakfast and lunch everyday. The front desk ladies are nice and provide good customer service to the patients but they have to deal with nonsense from the nurses and dr. I have worked in the health field for over 15 years and never have I had a work environment like this. This place needs new management and new nurses! Patient care could use some adjustment as well, being that they are not enough rooms to put patients in so the waiting time is doubled. We constantly overbook patients on the schedule. It seems to be all about the money and not the care.
Pros
Free Breakfast and Lunch Everyday
Cons
no breaks, staff nurses are mean, no pay raises
New Ownership
PC Technician/ End User Analyst (Current Employee) –  KSDecember 15, 2015
Just as expected when there is new management there will be lots of changed that most will not like
I have learned a great deal that is significantly improved my technical skills on a mass lever
I was the PM Nutritional Supervisor of Food Service
Food and Nutrition Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORNovember 14, 2015
I was in charge of Scheluding empolyees, I monitiored the production of the foods to be served to the patients of the hospital with varied diets. I was in charge of education and training of employees. I evaluated and maintain records of employment
Pros
Good Job, Balanced Life, good job security, good health benifits, Good management, Education in Nutrition
Cons
PM shift and had 2 small children so it was hard to be with them

Want to know more about Providence Medical Center?

Ask a question
Fun place to work.
Radiographic Technologist Internship (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAOctober 29, 2015
Very well managed hospital. Employees are great to work with. Technician work together to make sure the job gets done right the first time.
Great place to work.
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  KSSeptember 14, 2015
Management was supportive, loved taking care of patients, teamwork with co-workers, very loving atmosphere and prayer based company.
Pros
Great cafeteria, supportive management.
Cons
Worked nights.
Staff RN at the Healient Office
RN (Former Employee) –  Kansas city, KsSeptember 4, 2015
Nurses and Management are rude, and unfair. I have been in the medical field for numerous years, and this is by far the worst place I have ever worked at.
Pros
clean facility
Cons
Nurses, Management, Salary
Providence is perfect
Patient Registration Representative (Current Employee) –  Newberg, ORAugust 2, 2015
Providence offers great wages and benefits for it employees and is a great place to work! Since I have started working at Providence I have acquired more in depth training on insurance, learned to work with 8 specialty providers and their teams in varying ways.
My co-workers are among some of the finest in their profession and have taught me many invaluable lessons. My providers are humble and hard working and even on our toughest days, I love my job!
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Long commute
people were good to work with
Nurse Practitioner-cardiology (Former Employee) –  Kansas CityJuly 30, 2015
Was not a stable working enviorment at that time due to being taken over by another company. Staff was good. Management was not as helpful at times
Pros
great professional staff
Good Employees and Helpful
CPD Tech (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJuly 11, 2015
Providence Med Center is not a bad place to work. It was being sold to Prime Health. Didn't receive a raise for 4 years. Was unable to advance in the company. Pay was far below other hospital for the same position.
Pros
Friendly, Kind
Cons
No Advancement, Low pay, No hours
fun and productive environment
Patient Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 20, 2015
PPMC is a great company to work for there is endless work opportunities, great group of people to work with, continued educational opportunies.
Pros
potlucks, Christmas lucheon, just a all around great group of workers
Cons
n/a
highly poductive and enriching experience
Clinical-Teaching Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  seattle washingtonApril 22, 2015
The opportunity to work so closely with the medical team at Providence Medical Residency was a great experience for me. A typical day would be seeing a certain group of patients in the morning, at lunch every day there would be a guess lecture. The afternoon would be working with the medical staff. Management at the residency was excellent. My co-workers were supportive and very dedicated in their work. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing and feeling of providing a much needed service.
Nurses very helpful, fun but serious when necessary. Very easy place to work.
CNA II (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORApril 8, 2015
Day started at 7am with a team huddle with night shift charge nurse giving report on patients. we each got an assignment with anywhere from 8 to 14 patients, then we get the first set of vitals, assist with restroom needs, help ordering breakfast, answer call lights as needed. CNA's did all baths except for 3 in which the nurse did those 3. Each CNA had 2 or 3 nurses that they worked under.. Everyday I learned patience, love, tolerance, listening skills, how to be a team player, how to deescalate a amped up detox patient. I learned how to be a friend and a worker. Hardest part of my job is when one of my patient passes away. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my patients.
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  KSFebruary 20, 2015
Co workers were great, management was ok. Didn't care for the call so I found another job with out. Lots of late nights but that is the case for a hospital.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Providence Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.