Providence Medical Center Employee Reviews

Peer reporting system simply does not work
Technologist (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAOctober 17, 2017
I have never worked in such a hostile and non team orientated environment. The same people have been working there forever and any new ideas introduced are seen as threats.
ok if you need a temp
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSOctober 6, 2017
patient care is moderate and place is not well managed as per guidelines. Lot of new things without training come up. patient care enforced without equipment.
management was hardest to work with
Critical Care RN (Former Employee) –  Medford, OROctober 3, 2017
Working with patients was great. Staff got along for the most part. Management was a bit cut-throat and constantly demanded more from the staff. Overall a good experience
Pros
good benefits
Cons
often worked under staffed
Providence Management
PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 28, 2017
The management at Providence needs to communicate with each other more. The management was also bad at communicated with the regular employees in the PBX department.
Cool place to work
Pharmacy Technician Extern (Former Employee) –  Tarzana, CASeptember 22, 2017
Learned every thing you need to be a pharmacy technician in a hospital setting. Covered all shifts the facility had to offer to a Certified Pharmacy Technician.
Pros
great experience
Cons
would be nice to have more good looking girls workin there
Fast-paced environment with quick turnaround of patients
RN-CVICU/ICU (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSSeptember 19, 2017
I learned so much working here. I exposed to a variety of patients which helped build my skills set. However, I did find that there was a lot of floating nurses to other units that I did not like very much as well as gossip which was very unprofessional.
Pros
Great place to build your nursing skills
Cons
Short-staffed a lot
Team spirit
Information System Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSSeptember 14, 2017
1. Co-workers are the best, willing to help in anything

2. manage are great care deeply for their people

3.hardest part of the job is dealing with corporate headquarters on issues that we have no control over and we have to wait on them to fix.

4. Lack of guidance from corporate on what they want done, and then when you think you have it right they come in and change it all because it was not to their liking.

5. Lack of acknowledgement from corporate, but the Director and manager of the office were stellar in rewarding their employees and recognizing our achievements.

So there are good and bad in working for Prime Health Care which is who owns Providence Medical Center.
Pros
good co-worker
Cons
no guidence from corporate headquarters
my day at prov
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Everett, WASeptember 6, 2017
Greet and assist all patients initially as they enter the clinic.
Check-in patients and check out patients. (copy ID’s and insurance cards) Answered mutli-line phones, pre-screened new patients. Confirmed appointments for next day.Set up patients appointments for surgeries, x-rays and return visits.
I helped with phone calls for drs. I would send faxes for prescription refills. I opened and closed. I would get money bag ready for pick up.
Pros
I was liked in alot of the locations.
Cons
I was on-call and floated to different places to work.
Positive team work environment
Post Anesthesia Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 1, 2017
I was a post anesthesia care tech at Providence medical center. I assisted surgeons and nurses in the recovery room with direct patient care. I also maintained a safe working environment and stocked the recovery room with all the necessary equipment and medical supplies.
Good place for beginners to work
Staff Technologist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSAugust 22, 2017
Very much routine work with some challenges in record keeping. management was not always accommodating when needing updating equipment. Salary was not always competitive.
The best company I worked for.
RN (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 21, 2017
Treated their employees as family. Encouraged growth and education. Really worked for the community that they served. The staff were happy and treated well.
Desktop Support Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSAugust 16, 2017
I loved my job in IT. Staff was awesome and the overall experience was great, minus me and a ton of other ppl getting layed off. I would advise anyone to apply
Pros
staff
Cons
senior upper management
Stressful Work Environment, Understaffed
Medical/Surgical & Pediatric Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXAugust 9, 2017
Hospital is old and in need of some updates. However they often prioritized making things look nicer instead of providing staff with necessary tools to complete daily tasks (BP cuffs, etc). High stress environment. They cared more about whether the patients would give a good review than if their nurses were happy. Often put nurses in situations that were not safe for the patient or nurses. Workers were generally friendly, but didn't stay for more than a couple of years before finding a better job.
Cons
What is a break?, Lots of Overtime, Understaffed
Very Good place to Work.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 4, 2017
Friends,Co-Workers great people to Work with.Team Effort.Nice People.Very Effective ,Very Good relationship with Supervisors,Doctors,and Other Team members.
Very professional,Dedicated Group.
Pros
Excellent Friendly Co-Workers.
Cons
At Times Short on help.
Great employer!
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAJuly 31, 2017
The hiring process was a breeze and the person I worked with in HR was very informative. Providence is very supportive and it is easy to balance my work life with my home life. They genuinely want what's best for you!
Human Resources Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJuly 26, 2017
Friendly staff hard working a typical day would start off everyone very busy assisting customers with benefit and HR related questions. Management was very helpful with assisting with any questions. Hardest part of the job was not being able to assist everyone that called in due to the call volume. I enjoyed the family environment there always had great parties.
Pros
Staff very friendly
Cons
short lunches
Bad place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 21, 2017
Not a very nice place to work very bad place to work for.directer is mean with her employes. i would not reconmended would not recommend this place for nobody bad service. so i would tell people to not work thiere.
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
some times no breaks
They do nit staff floors properly always understaff. Treats staff with no respect
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas city ksJuly 17, 2017
I feel they do not respect their Rn's and cna's they are always understanding for cost reasons not go they show nursing how much they are appreciated the company that took over Prime Healthcare who is located in California treats the staff as they treat their own staff in California not knowing the worth of rn's and CNAs.
Pros
No lunches most time
Cons
Disrespectful to staff
See my review
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJJuly 12, 2017
Nice place to work,staffs are receptive. It is a great place to work. i enjoy working there. The culture is great. It is always busy, productive, and fun workplace.
Pros
Great place to learn
Cons
Like everything there
Specialty hospital
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJuly 12, 2017
Hospital is very nicely updated, giving it a modern and clean look. Facility large enough to accommodate different health issues. Cafeteria was expensive and food wasn't that good. Personal somewhat reserved, and not easy to approach.
Pros
large facility
Cons
cafeteria

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Providence Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.