Providence Place Employee Reviews

Enjoyable and rewarding place to work
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAMay 20, 2016
Its been a great experience. I never expected to ever have a job where I actually looked forward to going to work. Ha! Great management team and coworkers.
Pros
Atmosphere, friendly staff, rewarding, great benefits
Cons
Wonderful company to work for
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pottsville, PAApril 13, 2016
I have been working with this company for about 7 years
I am excited to see the daily changes that they are making to make resident's and co-workers lives better.
They are a family oriented company that listens to its co workers opinions and needs. They are also setting the bar in resident care at a personal care level.
Pros
Benefits / meals / great atmosphere
Cons
Health care is a hard but rewarding field
very employee basied
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJanuary 4, 2016
At providence place I went in got the details of the over night staff then started waking the residents up for breakfast then I would start baths then get the residents on my hall ready for lunch after that get them ready for the days activities then diner then bed and final bed checks
Beautician
Beautician (Current Employee) –  Dover, PASeptember 12, 2015
I've been the beautician here for 11 years. I've been an independent contractor, running the salon as best for residents. I'm not thrilled with the new job description they have to replace me. If you like the idea of working with senior citizens then you should apply but get them to go back to independent contractor status. It just makes more sense! You need to be able to control what you use and your time. You will be very busy and you can make good money! I'm only leaving for health reasons.
Pros
Flexible. Love the residents. Steady customer numbers.
Cons
No benefits as independent. Staff turnover is really high.
HORRIBLE place that will fire you without cause
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dover, PAAugust 26, 2015
Worked there for a short period. Had RAVE reviews by upper management. Then one day a new connections coordinator walked threw the door. Her attitude overpowered the ED and DOW. Suddenly everyone was being written up and fired for what they called "cleaning house". No one had a fair chance. I was fired without them following their own policies and procedures and they took PA's "employment at will" policy to a whole different level. Take my advice and stay away. They haven't had a stable management system for years and the DOW and ED don't back eachother nor are either of them on the same page with what random rule they are attempting to enforce that day. One says something then the other comes in the next day saying something completely different. They have no regard for their staff. PERIOD... END OF STORY. Their resolution is to fire first and make everyone shut up about it by informing them to stop talking and get back to work. Take my advise......FORM A UNION!!!!!!!
Pros
Benifits
Cons
MANAGEMENT
terrible place to work
general (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAAugust 25, 2015
Kitchen staff is a joke.
Do not work in the food services department unless you want to be disrespected constantly and put down every day by your supervisor
while receiving very little pay.
Miserable working environment.
benefits
Cons
everything else
Nice place to work
Front Office Receptionist (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCAugust 4, 2015
I have very much so enjoyed my time at Providence Place. My immediate manager and administrator among several others are a pleasure to work with.
Unorganized and unprofessional staff in great looking building
LPN (Former Employee) –  Dover PAJuly 23, 2015
Staff are backstabbing, management disorganized, no real policies in place that are helpful. Be prepared for disrespect by med techs and bad treatment to new employees, management sides with med techs, no cohesiveness or teamwork ethic, the staff make up lies and management will do their best to place blame on you and get you fired by consorting with other coworkers if you don't fit in or complain about needs. Training sucks.
Pros
clean building
Cons
disrespectful staff, lack of support from managment
Fun and rewarding place to work
Development Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 26, 2015
Boys & Girls Clubs of San Antonio was a great learning experience. My Director allowed me to pick up many different tasks. I learned about fundraising, grant preparation, donor database, payroll, HR. Co-Workers were like family.
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
pay depends on grants recieved
Good staff
Music THerapist (Current Employee) –  MinneapolisMay 12, 2015
I enjoy the staff at Prov Place. Some of the management isn't the best and turnover has been high over the last year or two.
Adoption Services including Domestic Infant Adoption, Older Child Adoption, and International Adoptions
Adoption Counselor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 10, 2015
Interesting and invigorating workplace. It offers a high potential for new and diverse personal and professional growth. The managemet is supportive and encouraging. The hardest part of the job is the dynamic schedule and travel requirements. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people with whom you work and the interesting work with clients.
Very unorganized workplace.
Personal Care Assistant (PCA) (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCFebruary 2, 2015
This company was very unorganized. It was also misleading with the job duties that your position required for you to do. The pay was also to little for the job duties.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
short breaks for 12 hours of work, unorganized, terrible management, terrible food
Work Overload and Fast Employee Turnover Rate
FORMER Maintenance Director (Former Employee) –  Drums PaJanuary 1, 2015
If your looking for employment that you don't have to worry everyday about not having a job this is NOT the place for you. The Turnover rate especial with CNA's is outrageous. The Departments are understaffed and low payed which causes boil over and work overload. If you are not in the 'Click" you will be treated as an outsider and the Upper Management is very in experienced in the main office. My position was filled about 8 Times in 10 years they are never happy with anyone.Take my advice and tread lightly at this place if you think the grass will be greener on the otherside I would consider rethinking any type of employment with this company and talk to anyone that works there first.
They will let you go WITHOUT ANY warning and not even a warning or a write up. Then they will do anything they can to prevent you to collect unemployment. I was lucky enough to get a job 3 days after I was let go.
Last but not least Jobs are hard enough to come by these days I wouldn't take the risk of leaving what you have to work for this company take it from my horror story. I gave 6 Hard months of work for this company and cleaned up there mess including middle of the night call in's working extra hours, going the extra mile in everything they needed and got nothing but jobless for it.
Pros
Great Lunch, Residents are Easy Going
Cons
High Turnover, Work Overload, Under Staffed, Poor Upper Management
A good place to work.
HOUSEKEEPER (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MADecember 31, 2014
A typical day at work is hard. What I learn at work is life is harder when you get older. Management helps you when you need it. My co-workers help you when you ask. The hardest part of the job is none. The most enjoy part of the job is talking to the residents .
Pros
Being able to help the residents
Cons
Not having enought time in the day to be able to help the residents.
large work load
Rehab Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSOctober 13, 2014
Good pay, close bond with co-workers, but large work load was difficult to maintain.
Pros
strong bond with co-workers
Cons
large work load
I enjoy the staff and residents.
Personal Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Dover, PAOctober 6, 2014
This is a great company to work for, I've been here over a year, and have grown fond of several residents and staff.
Pros
discount meals
Cons
No shows. no calls from some staff.
12 hour shifts, PCA
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  ChambersburgAugust 25, 2014
I work 7am-7pm
I get residents dressed, fed, change diapers, lift residents who have lost function of their legs, etc
Pros
Off every other weekend
Cons
Stressful work enviorment
Just not the right job for me.
Director of Marketing and Sales (Former Employee) –  Drums, PAAugust 5, 2014
The setting was elegant and the process was long and drawn out for admission. Not fulfilling professionally.
Loved working with the people
office assistant (Former Employee) –  Chehalis, WAJuly 30, 2014
Learned alot about office work, and enjoyed doing it.I learned about recertifations and filing. I learned how to get around mon a computer, and I really had a great boss and teacher.
Pros
Learned so much
Cons
The training program ended
Two Units in One Community
Med. Tech/Personal Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Dover, PAJuly 14, 2014
12 hr days if fulltime
4 hour days if part time
Not that much of a chance to go higher than Med Tech
I work in the Connections Unit which has residents with Alzheimers and Dementia
I administer medications, collect vitals signs and urine specimens
I help my co workers as much as possible
Hardest part of my job is being able to have one on one time with my residents when they need it.
Most enjoyable part is taking care of my residents and meeting their needs as best as I can.
Okay pay rate hourly
Feel like there is alot of unorganization in scheduling.
Lack of communication between administration and coworkers
Never really have enough people to find for coverage Med Tech wise or LPN wise
Pros
1.50 meal price deducted out of pay check
Cons
short staffed, not enough PRN employees for Med Techs/LPNs

2.9