Providence Place

Providence Place Employer Reviews

A good place to work.
HOUSEKEEPER (Current Employee), Holyoke, MADecember 31, 2014
Pros: being able to help the residents
Cons: not having enought time in the day to be able to help the residents.
A typical day at work is hard. What I learn at work is life is harder when you get older. Management helps you when you need it. My co-workers help you when you ask. The hardest part of the job is none. The most enjoy part of the job is talking to the residents .
large work load
Rehab Staff RN (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSOctober 13, 2014
Pros: strong bond with co-workers
Cons: large work load
Good pay, close bond with co-workers, but large work load was difficult to maintain.
I enjoy the staff and residents.
Personal Care Associate (Current Employee), Dover, PAOctober 6, 2014
Pros: discount meals
Cons: no shows. no calls from some staff.
This is a great company to work for, I've been here over a year, and have grown fond of several residents and staff.
12 hour shifts, PCA
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee), ChambersburgAugust 25, 2014
Pros: off every other weekend
Cons: stressful work enviorment
I work 7am-7pm
I get residents dressed, fed, change diapers, lift residents who have lost function of their legs, etc
Just not the right job for me.
Director of Marketing and Sales (Former Employee), Drums, PAAugust 5, 2014
The setting was elegant and the process was long and drawn out for admission. Not fulfilling professionally.
Loved working with the people
office assistant (Former Employee), Chehalis, WAJuly 30, 2014
Pros: learned so much
Cons: the training program ended
Learned alot about office work, and enjoyed doing it.I learned about recertifations and filing. I learned how to get around mon a computer, and I really had a great boss and teacher.
Two Units in One Community
Med. Tech/Personal Care Aide (Current Employee), Dover, PAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: 1.50 meal price deducted out of pay check
Cons: short staffed, not enough prn employees for med techs/lpns
12 hr days if fulltime
4 hour days if part time
Not that much of a chance to go higher than Med Tech
I work in the Connections Unit which has residents with Alzheimers and Dementia
I administer medications, collect vitals signs and urine specimens
I help my co workers as much as possible
Hardest part of my job is being able to have one on one time with my residents when they need it.
Most enjoyable part is taking care of my residents and meeting their needs as best as I can.
Okay pay rate hourly
Feel like there is alot of unorganization in scheduling.
Lack of communication between administration and coworkers
Never really have enough people to find for coverage Med Tech wise or LPN wise
Great place to work!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), High Point, NCJune 25, 2014
Love working here such a good environment and wonderful people to work with.
LPN
lpn (Former Employee), Dover, PAJune 18, 2014
Pros: downtime
Cons: 16.00 an hr plus 1.50 shift diff. =17.50per hr!!!
get ready for people calling off hr before shift.. DON calling you and yelling at you over phone... covering your butt all the time.. med techs disrespecting you.. management siding with med tech over a nurse... only nurse in whole building at night.. one pca to cover whole building and med techs after there meds are passed NOT helping the one pca in whole building. management does nothing to help you.. many meetings in middle of day when you just got of working 12hrs over night and have to be there that same day to do another 12hrs overnight. med techs act like they know more than you and pcas answer to med tech not the nurse. stay clear of this place!!! plus they put you on carts they you were never trained on.. and when your short med tech you have two carts. management calls you on your days off and yells at you. very high school environment you never know when they are plotting on firing you.
Fast pace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSMay 28, 2014
You have a certain number of people that need to get up and ready for the day. Because I had so many resident to get up for breakfast I learned good time management skills. I also learned that my co-workers and I were a team and we worked good together. I enjoyed working with others I like being around people.
LPN Charge Nurse/DOW (Current Employee), Pine Grove, PAApril 6, 2014
It is a great place to work...much closeness with staff and residents
People friendly, productive, leadership to success and a great place to work.
7/2013Nursing Assistant Registry (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: everyone works as a team to provide the care and customer service.
Cons: being a union worker
Caring for someone take time and patiences, a typical day at work always run smoothly with a great team and leadership. To be able to work together to fulfilled the customer needs. Always stay positive and smile even when things seem a little challenge. To laugh and enjoyed doing work so that others can be happy is the kind of experiences I had at my previous position.
Director of Social Services (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNDecember 2, 2013
Pros: wonderful co-workers
Cons: working with limited resources
Great place to work. Kind, caring atmosphere.
Most enjoyable part of the job is working with the patients and their families. Most challenging part is working with limited resources.
Productive workplace
Volunteer (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 21, 2013
Pros: good poeple
Cons: nothing
It is easy going. How to work with others. the staff was very helpful. they were loud. nothing was hard.
lazy people co workers
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSNovember 16, 2013
Pros: cheap lunch
Cons: lazy workers rude nurses
nurses are rude to patients workers don't do anything they should be doing more worried about them and their personal lives then the residents.
Healthy Working Enviroment Helping People To Change Their Lives
Volunteer Liaison (Current Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 30, 2013
Each day that I volunteer at Providence Place brings joy to my life, knowing that by just being at the front desk to answer questions and direct them to the proper staff member I am giving back to society what was so freely given to me. The staff that I work with are very family orientated and are there to assist people in changing their lives for the better. Everyone has hardships, however there is a solution to every problem that we encounter. I love what this company stands for.
Dramatic Facility
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee), Dover, PAOctober 30, 2013
Pros: putting a smile on the residents' faces.
Cons: short handed, if you were on break and were needed you had to come back.
They were very short handed, many lazy workers, nobody took the blame for themselves, medications weren't given out correctly, residents' weren't changed out of their dirty depends, it was very clicky, and he said she said.
Good work place
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNAugust 26, 2013
To obtain a position as Nursing Assistant where I can utilize my experience providing patients’ direct care, data collection, supervision and reporting skills.
A lot of responsilbilty and hours with little pay
Med Tech (Current Employee), Chambersburg, PAJuly 31, 2013
Pros: nice breaks, and cheap homemade meals three times a day
Cons: twelve hour days and little pay.
I love my job now dealing with my residents and family members, taking on the amount of responsibility and challenge. I have learned time management, scheduling doctors appointments, medical charting and coding, administering insulin (free class), medicare and medicaid. I would start at 5:45 am and have 4 med passes to 42 residents daily and get off at 6 pm. I took vitals every other weekend, and helped manage the residents ADL's and also assisted them with whatever they needed. My co-workers are great, but not many of us get a lot of respect from our charge nurse. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I am helping people and getting to know them and their families.
Not what you would expect
Director Business Services (project) (Former Employee), Glendale, AZJuly 8, 2013
Was one of the hardest position I have had in that the management did not back my position as Director of Business Services. The staff ran things and would not be changed. But worse the management would not require them to be managed.