Providence School Department Employee Reviews

good amosphere looking to grow in my career
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 7, 2016
I truly enjoy with students my only problem is that I have been substitute doe the last year in half. My intentions are to be a guidance counselor since I have a master degree in counseling and a bachelor degree in criminal justice. I feel like I work so hard to get an education but I am not using none of my degrees at this time.
Stress Stress Stress
Teacher (Former Employee) –  SchoolMarch 26, 2016
Providence Schools is a very stressful work environment. The children behave like animals. This is not a good place to work.
Pros
Vacation, Weekends
Cons
Terrible behavior from students
Providence School Department
Temporary Fiscal Officer (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJanuary 6, 2016
People in lower-level positions are very kind, welcoming and supportive. Nothing more to say about the Providence School Department.
Educational and fun work place
Administrative Assistant/Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 14, 2015
I worked with children in the first grade ages five through seven. I had to teach them the basics like reading, math, science, social studies, tying shoes colors etc.
Pros
learning from kids
Cons
some kids are just plain bad
well organized working place
 Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 28, 2015
good working environment, I've learned to be a great leader/ role model for the students. I've learned time management and patients. the most enjoyable part about my job is waking up every morning know what I do for work is something I love to do. the hardest part about my job and learning to understand every students needs on how to deal with them.
Very hands on environment
Internship (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 8, 2015
I found the job to be hands on and very helpful. The staff within the department where always willing to help when any issues arise. I learned how to disassemble hard drives and repair computer systems.
Productive, Professional, Feels like home.
Secondary LEP Math Teacher (Current Employee) –  70 Fricker Street, Providence, RI 02903March 2, 2015
I have set up a great classroom. My students follow a routine to achieve a daily goal of productivity and efficiency while keeping their learning curve active. I interact very well with my students and believe that all of them are capable learners.
With my 13 years of experience I have found solutions to many obstacles teachers confront; for example my strength roots off classroom management.
What I most enjoy about working is seeing my students grow academically, helping them to think more logically and giving them the opportunity to become a better member of the community.
Pros
Decent salary, professional colleagues, security, diversity.
Cons
NE weather
good
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  ProvidenceJune 24, 2014
• Teaching lesson plan to students
• Helping students with difficulties
• Gaining rapport with students
great job
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIDecember 29, 2013
fast-paced job good benefits decent pay scale Monday thru Friday 8-4 job.. excellent benefits package
great co-workers
Behavior Specialist (Current Employee) –  providenceSeptember 24, 2013
great environment to grow, great place to make a change in the lives of the youth. the co-worker are awesome people
Productive and Fun Workplace
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 30, 2013
A typical day at work is to provide instruction, encourage student progress, and manage the learning environment, enable each child to pursue his/her education as smoothly and completely as possible in the absence of the regular teacher.

I learned to maintain appropriate student behavior in the classroom.

Management offers a great work environment.

Co-workers are very helpful.

The hardest part of the job is that you get a call the day off at 6 o'clock in the morning which gives you little preparation for class.

I enjoy working with the students.
Pros
I really enjoy working with children
Cons
No Benefits
Very good and stable job.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 25, 2013
Assist, create and participate in the implementation and development of classroom exercises and skills for the students. Develop innovative lesson plans for multiple classes with the students from various countries and diverse backgrounds. Evaluate student growth performance and record progress routinely. Conduct parent teacher conferences to determine the most successful mode of action for the child to increase his or her classroom performance.
I have always had an excellent relationship with my co workers and administrators. The hardest part of my job was not being able to get to help every student. I work in a very diverse school and a lot of my students come from a low socio economic background. The most enjoyable part of my job is being a role model and know I am making a difference in peoples lives.

During my time practicing Real Estate I successfully worked with homebuyers and sellers to profitably list and sell homes while ensuring positive experiences for my clients. Market homes in the local community by utilizing proven marketing plans. One thing I particularly enjoyed about this job was it gave me a chance to connect with people. I had the opportunity to really challenge myself.
Pros
role model, help students
Cons
real estate market went bad
A productive and very nice work place
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Providence, Rhode IslandFebruary 18, 2013
Responsible for answering phones, data entry for student attendance into database. Assisted the guidance counselor and other office procedures.
Pros
excellent co-workers and a productive work place
It is a fast environtment but it well organized and we come prepare to accomplish the task every day plus new tasks.
Clerk/Assistant Principal Secretary (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 1, 2012
I know to Multitask and fun to work with, good working with people. I am been working for eight years at my present job.
Pros
good environtment
Cons
enjoy working with people
I love this job
Seasonal Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 7, 2012
I love working with the kids. I am a people person. This job has great benefits, but there is no room for advancement. There is no work durning the summer months that means there is no pay. I always need to find another seasonal job. The pay is very low so I have to work a second job. This means I am always looking for a job or working more then one partime job. I never have free time to spend with my family. I am missing them growing up.
Pros
the benefits
Cons
no work in the summer and the very low pay.
Keep your eyes peeled!
Bus Monitor (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 7, 2012
I'd come in early get he children from their stops then drop them off and proceed to the next school finish at about 9am return @ 1:30pm go to the first school wait for the kids to get out drop them at the stops and proceed to the second school and do the same. On the busses if we have children that don't want to follow the rules we would have to write a report out and turn it in to the school and my supervisor... some times I'd get a handicap bus with children that are in wheelchairs, these busses have lifts that help get the chairs on board, after they are on the bus we'd strap them in tight and make sure every thing is right etc...
Pros
benefits, sick pay, long break to handle what ever needs to be done
Cons
no check on the school vacations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Providence School Department. Our community is ready to answer.

Providence School Department Reviews by Location