Providence Service Corporation

Providence Service Corporation Employer Reviews

Rewarding, Exciting, and Professional
LAC COUNSELOR, BEHAVIORAL HEALTH TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Tucson, AZSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: support, vacation time, opportunities to grow personally and professionally
Cons: health insurance is expensive
I work with the most amazing group of people. My clinical supervisors are professional, caring, and supportive, My colleagues are authentic people who care for their clients and work collaboratively to provide the best treatment for community clients.
High paced environment with daily challenges
Medical Case Manager (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJune 3, 2014
Pros: ability to work independently.
Cons: having to meet productivity per pay period
The daily routine meant meeting with clients at med review, contacts via the telephone, and the occasional Child Family Team meeting. I learnt aspects of mental health that encouraged research, and collaboration with peers, and supervisor. My co-workers were supportive, and allowed for enjoyable environment by breaking up the work day with engaging – more... conversations, and laughter. The most difficult part of the job was meeting the requirements of productivity while maintaining integrity, and ethical standards. Management was very stringent on getting the productivity requirements met, and there was no room for error. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting with the clients, and trying to meet the specific needs that best suited each. It was encouraging when families were thankful for the help provided, and an understanding that the purpose was to improve the quality of life for the client. – less
Nightmare!!! Run like somebody is after you!!!
Intensive In Home Counselor (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAMay 20, 2014
Pros: continuous training
Cons: management, paperwork, negative attitudes from management
I wouldn't advice or encourage anyone to work for FPS. The management is horrible and constantly lie to protect themselves. They don't care about the consumer's, families or staff. Minorities are rarely promoted. You're overwhelmed with paperwork.
Successful social service provider and BH Coordinator
Intake Clinician/Case Manager (Former Employee), Yuma, AZApril 16, 2014
Pros: limited supervision
Cons: exercised at will to terminate without cause
A typical day at work for me was conducted intake interviews, evaluated eligibility, provided initial assessments including preliminary DSM-IV diagnostic categories, and developed behavioral health service plans. Initiated services as well as facilitated care and referrals for adults with serious mental and behavioral health needs. Monitored client – more... progress, provided case management, coordination of services, and discharge planning through clinic appointments, home and community visits, and adult team meetings. Conducted annual and ongoing reassessments including eligibility determinations. Provided intensive case management services for adults with high acuity needs. Maintained electronic documentation of client records. Translated English/Spanish for doctor/client interactions. – less
HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK
Intensive In-home (Former Employee), Bedford VAMarch 27, 2014
Pros: the co-worker are awesome
Cons: the supervisors
This is the worst place I've ever worked at in my entire life. They are unprofessional, and always are negative. There are no support given from supervisors, and the communication is not there UNLESS you do something wrong. They do not train you at all, just throw you in the school and say figure it out.
Great concept
BAT/ BHP/Education Technician III (Current Employee), Bath, MEApril 20, 2013
Pros: supportive co-workers and a fun environment
Cons: no lunch breaks
Day to day you work with different clients working on behavioral issues. Engaging clients in their academic materials. Descalating crisis situations. Working at a team player with co-workers.
Productive and fun workplace.
Tutor (Former Employee), Largo, MarylandMarch 12, 2013
Pros: parties
Cons: in-home personal work-space.
A typical work day includes an articulate organization of tutorial materials accessible to tutors that instruct how to teach students to understand and be very effective and responsible in developing their own personal styles or skills of comprehension.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the cordial relationship between the variety of student families – more... that offers the opportunity for a mutual understanding that cuts through the dicotomy of professionalism and personal domestic bonding.
The hardest part of the job was saying goodbye to eager students due to no fault of their own but because of lack of funding for the program. – less
Great company
BHP/Targeted Case Manager (Former Employee), Hallowell, MEJanuary 18, 2013
I always felt supported by Providence and my supervisors and although they are a for profit company, I feel like they did their best to show employees that they matter.
Very supportive and encouraging workplace
Targeted Case Manager (Former Employee), Hallowell, MEOctober 28, 2012
Pros: flexible work schedule, more than ample paid time off, supportive management team
I learned very quickly that there is no 'typical day at work' here at PSC. Every day brought new challenges, and while the work I did there was very stressful, I always knew there were many avenues of support, and all were easily accessible. The management team was always available, no matter what level they were at. Expectations of activity and outcomes – more... were clearly communicated, and recognition of achievement and/or recognition of effort was always communicated not only to the individual, but so that all employees were made aware! The hardest part of my job was leaving it. I developed meaningful relationships with my colleagues and I will be eternally grateful for the support and experience I gained at PSC. – less
Behavioral Health Professional
Counsel children and families (Current Employee), Portland, MEOctober 2, 2012
Work with clients in the home setting in a virtual residential program. Helping them with home and community skills.
Clients and Families are great to work with
Behavioral Analysis Technician (Current Employee), Auburn, MEJuly 30, 2012
Pros: clients, families, compensation
Cons: paperwork, scheduling, administration
Very busy, lots of energy. Administration needs more structure and consistency. Co-workers are positive and flexible. The hardest part of the job is finding the balance between personal and professional life. The most enjoyable part of the job is the face to face time with the clients. It's extremely rewarding at the end of the day to know you made – more... an impact and formed a positive relationship. – less

About Providence Service Corporation

When it comes to social services there's not much that isn't in this company's providence. Providence Service Corporation operates – Read more