Provident Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Its a job
Teller Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 19, 2016
Its a job not sure where it will take me or you, I come in to work do my job ask myslef why do I come here and will it get better. Supervisors talk down to customer and customer are always closeing account and management doesnt thinks they are at fault
Pros
YOU HAVE A JOB
Cons
WHERE TO START
Provident Bank Associate
Bank Associate (Current Employee) –  West Orange, NJMay 14, 2016
The teller aspect of the job is easy, but prepare to be hounded every day to make sales, even after your monthly goal is met.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Retail, Pressure to sell sell sell
Excellent Bank
Mortgage Consultant (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 3, 2016
Provident employs a great staff and is on the leading edge of the mortgage field. The management is great and the company allows room for growth.
Provident Bank
Teller Platform (Former Employee) –  South River, NJJanuary 28, 2016
It was hard to become structured when we switched managers every 3 months. There was no real balance. Besides Management issues working for Provident was a great experience, it opened doors for me in different professions.
not good
Provident bank-Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Roseland, NJJanuary 25, 2016
working their advancement is very slim to nothing. If you like working with people who stress you out on regular basis this is the place lot work.
Pros
hours are good
Cons
unrealistic goals
Good Company, Poor Managment
Bank Teller/Accounts (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 30, 2015
It was a good company to work for but the management wasnt always sure what to do. Overall it was a great experience to learn from and grow
Pros
Good company
Cons
Poor management
Great Place to Work-
AVP Banking Center Manager III (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 27, 2015
I Managed all aspects of a successful business including resource management, internal audit controls, team building, managing cross functional teams, training proficiency, productivity improvement, building and retaining customer relationships. Proactively identified and managed risk by leveraging the risk framework strategy. I learned all aspects of the banking centers from In-Store to Traditional branches. I acquired my passion for Small Business development along with strengthening my knowledge around Branch banking.
Pros
Great Company, Work Life Balance, Career Advancement Opportunities
Cons
Company was bought out
I enjoyed my time there
Lease Collector (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 6, 2015
While my time was short lived I very much enjoyed my time. The people the warmth it was an amazing experience. I hope to have another employer such as this one.
Fun, busy place to work
Customer Representative III (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati , OHSeptember 10, 2015
Review and resolve customers banking issue that could not be handled at the branch level. Co-workers were nice but not a lot of interaction. Hardest part of job was trying to get help from outside parties to assist on problems. Nicest part of job was resolving the issues for the customer and feeling of accomplishment.
Pros
comfortable atmosphere, nice work area
Cons
office clicks
team work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Morris Plains, NJJuly 27, 2015
team work is the best at Provident Bank. Possess comprehensive knowledge of banking regulations and procedures. Working knowledge of Word and Excel.
Making, banking a great experience for the customer
Loved the fast pace, competitive environment!
Contact Center Telephone Agent (Current Employee) –  Iselin, NJJuly 3, 2015
Loved the fast pace, competitive environment! Although I can work by myself if the need arises, I always enjoyed being part of a team.
Cons
Distance
Nice Place to work

Nice place to work

Excellent Work Environment
Customer Service Supervisor
CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OhioApril 28, 2015
Managed a teller line with, cash vault, a great deal of small business relationship management, along with pedestrian traffic.
Pros
Met a great deal of wonderful people
Cons
Equipment
Comfortable enviroment
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Old Bridge N.JApril 9, 2015
The best company to work for. They are flexable with business and personal life. Provident care about their employees.
Pros
Excellent Management
Cons
NA
I will not recomend this organization.
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield Center / Brookdale office.March 13, 2015
This entire company is not working and do not know how to work on the same page.This company is the devils playground.Management pretends they see,hear no evil.
Productive, Fun place to work, Family oriented
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDMarch 13, 2015
A typical day was opening branch with two people and prep for opening by setting up teller stations and balancing and filling ATM. Once branch was opened, we assisted customer's needs with completing teller transactions, cold calls, sporadic audits, monitor security, completing night deposits, and answering questions. I was also responsible going out to meet with small business owners to attempt to acquire new business leads. I learned a great deal about multitasking due to staffing issues but we did an awesome job with facing those issues because of cross training at the platform and teller stations. I was part of the Management team and had a very good relationship with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was when Provident Bank merged with M&T Bank and eventually all in-store branches closed. It was difficult seeing co-workers lose their jobs because of the merger. The most satisfying or enjoyable part of the job was being of service to our customers and putting a smile on their face. I also enjoyed interacting with my co-workers about current events and being part of a company that valued as an employee and person with/without a family.
Pros
small family oriented bank, fun place to work
Cons
low pay
Good place to work for
Business Analyst - Data Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 3, 2015
Good place to work for but advancement within is very limited. People stay for a long time and it being a a community bank, it is hard to move up. Other than that, good and secure bank to work for.
Pros
security
Cons
limited advancement
banking and customer servce
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 31, 2015
Working at provident bank is fun, they train you and they are patient, they all work as a team and you will continue to learn things every day. meeting customers and providing them service is an every day taks.
Productive place to work
Client Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Warwick, NYJanuary 9, 2015
Provident Bank was a great place to work. I love what I did. My customers were great too.
Fast pace
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 13, 2014
Performed rapid and accurate alphanumerical filing of banking customer leases. Retrieved and distributed file to appropriate co-workers Located files/information utilizing manual search and computerized database. Prepare voucher information. Balanced and keyed expense reports and traced orders. Mail sort and distribution of incoming mail: processed and mailed checks. Provided customer service and answered vendor and internal inquiries. Management was polite. My co-workers were quite and very busy. I enjoyed everything about the job.
Pros
great benefits