Provident Bank Employee Reviews

Good staff
Manager (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJApril 24, 2017
The majority of management and staff persons worked very well together. The CEO of the organization was very involved with the staff members and staff members worked very well together.
High Energy. High Standards
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAApril 19, 2017
Fast paced learning. High volume calls. Team work is encouraged. I learned patience with angry irate customers. The hardest part of the job was calculating the compound interest on their accounts. I enjoyed the employees and the customers.
Pros
Large company. Excellent training.
Cons
Highly inflexible.
fun place
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, NYApril 13, 2017
it is a good place to meet people and learn alot. There are sales and lots of money handleing involved. i enjoy my time working here. they should focus more on customer service then forcing sales thoug
Friendly environment
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAApril 6, 2017
Sometimes the environment was very fast paced but never too stressful. The workplace culture was professional yet friendly. Every morning we baked cookies for customers and worked on building good relationships with them.
Pros
helpful coworkers
Cons
supervisor had a bad attitude
Expanding
Banking Center Supervisor/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJApril 3, 2017
Provident is expanding, looking to become a larger bank and provide the same services that other large banks offer. Positive work environment, average compensation.
Great workplace limited position
Cluster Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ocean Grove, NJMarch 28, 2017
Provident Bank was a great work place to work. Friendly atmosphere by Knowing the customers by their name. Sales can be a challenge. The team worked together to get the daily task done. Followed guidelines and procedures
Baltimore based savings bank with typical retail banking products and services.
Branch Manager, AVP (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 28, 2017
Branch banking offered good sales and service opportunities. Excellent training for all departments. Branch managers managed daily functions of the branch, sold annuities and life insurance products and worked with small business lenders for business loans and accounts. Management was difficult due to employee turnover.
Pros
Great training and skill development.
Cons
Excessive staff turnover
Information Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 15, 2017
Company was sold to National City so it is hard to write a review. It was a good company to work for and my manager was awesome. The Cybersecurity team was great to work with and I quickly became a team lead.
Pros
company was sold to National City
Cons
company was sold to National City
Provident Bank is community bank
Bank Associate II (Current Employee) –  Dover, NJFebruary 19, 2017
Provident Bank has closer relationship with customers than other banks I'd work for. The bank is conventional with modern technology customers can choose from.
Great place to work at
Bank Associate (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJFebruary 15, 2017
Constant work to do. Anything from client conversations either face to face to through the phone. Product knowledge and constant refreshing of work.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
No Cons
Loved this job
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 4, 2017
This company did a good job with showing appreciation for their employees. I have never had to ask anyone to do something more than twice. I miss this job so much.
Computer Operator
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 25, 2017
Initiated console operastions duties, batch processing, IPS's

Swapping front ends, testing controlers. Worked with a lot of

Professinals, Network and Production Control.
Pros
A lot of good People
Cons
Realy liked working there
Enjoyed my time with this employer
Banking Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJDecember 26, 2016
I sharpened my management skills at Provident Bank. I wore many hats during a typical day. Many days I was a teller as well as filling in for the branch manager. It was absolutely a good learning experience.
Pros
Great branch manager that I reported to
Cons
it was a good temporary stop in my career.
AVP; Commercial Collections Manager (Former Employee) –  Montebello, NYDecember 12, 2016
it appeared to be a good small regional bank in which to work but I soon found the HR dept. head to have neither integrity nor a truthful manner in dealing with employees. And my manager was interested more in controlling my portfolio than allowing me to properly do my job.
Typical Corporate Office Lifestyle
Banking Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  NJNovember 18, 2016
At Provident Bank, I had the chance to learn learn from my upper management on way to handle all types of personalities, customers, management, departments and co-workers. Which in some cases were very challenging at times, however, most were also smooth.

The normal day at Provident consists of focusing on customers and their needs, meeting sales goal, coaching the team, reports, excel spreadsheets for branch goals, networking, ordering supplies.
Pros
Incentives, 401k, Benefits
Cons
Sales Goals
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 9, 2016
This bank is now PNC Bank haven't work their since 2004. But I thought if you been at an job past 10 you don't need any information about any other job.
Pros
Parties
Cons
Short breaks and we 8 hrs regardless
good work place, friendly cowokers
teller supervisor (Current Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 26, 2016
is a good place to work, the only problem is not a lot of place to move as a professional, good staff, the salary is to low compare to others banks
Small Community Bank
Branch Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAAugust 23, 2016
Small community bank, great to work for. Competitive pay at management level. Benefits are reasonable, paid holiday, vacation and sick time accrual available.
Benefits
Cons
its a good company to work
BCS (Current Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 22, 2016
its a community bank, small bank. lot to do. great co workers. hardest part of job would be make your sales goal. pretty slow branch.
productive and fun place to work
Senior Automobile Engineer (Former Employee) –  New jersyAugust 11, 2016
its a good place to work and the co workers are very friendly and they work like a family. I learned lot of things while doing a job in that place .The management was very good and friendly.There is no hardest part in that job i enjoyed every movement at that place.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Provident Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval