Provident Bank Employee Reviews

I enjoyed my time there
Lease Collector (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 6, 2015
While my time was short lived I very much enjoyed my time. The people the warmth it was an amazing experience. I hope to have another employer such as this one.
Fun, busy place to work
Customer Representative III (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati , OHSeptember 10, 2015
Review and resolve customers banking issue that could not be handled at the branch level. Co-workers were nice but not a lot of interaction. Hardest part of job was trying to get help from outside parties to assist on problems. Nicest part of job was resolving the issues for the customer and feeling of accomplishment.
Pros
comfortable atmosphere, nice work area
Cons
office clicks
team work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Morris Plains, NJJuly 27, 2015
team work is the best at Provident Bank. Possess comprehensive knowledge of banking regulations and procedures. Working knowledge of Word and Excel.
Making, banking a great experience for the customer
Loved the fast pace, competitive environment!
Contact Center Telephone Agent (Current Employee) –  Iselin, NJJuly 3, 2015
Loved the fast pace, competitive environment! Although I can work by myself if the need arises, I always enjoyed being part of a team.
Cons
Distance
Nice Place to work

Nice place to work

Excellent Work Environment
Customer Service Supervisor
CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OhioApril 28, 2015
Managed a teller line with, cash vault, a great deal of small business relationship management, along with pedestrian traffic.
Pros
Met a great deal of wonderful people
Cons
Equipment
Comfortable enviroment
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Old Bridge N.JApril 9, 2015
The best company to work for. They are flexable with business and personal life. Provident care about their employees.
Pros
Excellent Management
Cons
NA
I will not recomend this organization.
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield Center / Brookdale office.March 13, 2015
This entire company is not working and do not know how to work on the same page.This company is the devils playground.Management pretends they see,hear no evil.
Productive, Fun place to work, Family oriented
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDMarch 13, 2015
A typical day was opening branch with two people and prep for opening by setting up teller stations and balancing and filling ATM. Once branch was opened, we assisted customer's needs with completing teller transactions, cold calls, sporadic audits, monitor security, completing night deposits, and answering questions. I was also responsible going out to meet with small business owners to attempt to acquire new business leads. I learned a great deal about multitasking due to staffing issues but we did an awesome job with facing those issues because of cross training at the platform and teller stations. I was part of the Management team and had a very good relationship with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was when Provident Bank merged with M&T Bank and eventually all in-store branches closed. It was difficult seeing co-workers lose their jobs because of the merger. The most satisfying or enjoyable part of the job was being of service to our customers and putting a smile on their face. I also enjoyed interacting with my co-workers about current events and being part of a company that valued as an employee and person with/without a family.
Pros
Small family oriented bank, Fun place to work
Cons
low pay
Good place to work for
Business Analyst - Data Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 3, 2015
Good place to work for but advancement within is very limited. People stay for a long time and it being a a community bank, it is hard to move up. Other than that, good and secure bank to work for.
Pros
Security
Cons
Limited Advancement
banking and customer servce
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 31, 2015
Working at provident bank is fun, they train you and they are patient, they all work as a team and you will continue to learn things every day. meeting customers and providing them service is an every day taks.
Productive place to work
Client Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Warwick, NYJanuary 9, 2015
Provident Bank was a great place to work. I love what I did. My customers were great too.
Fast pace
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 13, 2014
Performed rapid and accurate alphanumerical filing of banking customer leases. Retrieved and distributed file to appropriate co-workers Located files/information utilizing manual search and computerized database. Prepare voucher information. Balanced and keyed expense reports and traced orders. Mail sort and distribution of incoming mail: processed and mailed checks. Provided customer service and answered vendor and internal inquiries. Management was polite. My co-workers were quite and very busy. I enjoyed everything about the job.
Pros
Great Benefits
Loved this place!!!
Teller (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJNovember 19, 2014
Loved everything about this place. My co-workers were great.
Corporate enviornment
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Iselin NJOctober 13, 2014
I am currently a customer service agent i deal with the needs of Customers as well as following compliance within the company.
Pros
Paid Time Off
Cons
Part-Time only
Teller/Backup Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Burke, VAOctober 9, 2014
Have had an excellent customer service experience, satisfied customer, manage coworkers, the most enjoyable part of my job was just being there and be part of the team and take card everything related to my job etc....
Pros
NA
Cons
NA
daily
Client Service Associate II (Former Employee) –  Pomona, NYOctober 2, 2014
very flexible work schedule. not much room for advancement.
Loved the company
Specialist II (Former Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 30, 2014
Enjoyed going to work with great people.
Everyone treated you great
The hardest part was when we were sold
very easy going workplace
Sales associate / bank teller (Former Employee) –  Airmont NYAugust 23, 2014
my most favorite job by far, I absolutely love the profession. a typical day at work would be a coworker running to the deli for everyone's orders, then coming back having a meeting before we open up. giving each other high fives and encouragement.
Busy and Steady
Supervisor/Teller (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 13, 2014
Very busy and fast paced environment. Love my work enjoy working in Finance and banking. Co- workers were cool

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Provident Bank. Our community is ready to answer.