Provident Credit Union Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAMarch 2, 2015
Provident Credit Union is an exceptional place to work. They staff is very knowledgable. Everyone within the company was willing to help you learn.
Pros
excellent pay and benifits
Cons
only one location in the greater sacramento area
"Excellent Company to Work For"
Personal Account Advisor (Current Employee) –  Redwood Shores, CASeptember 25, 2014
"Awesome loan rates and benefits, also includes many incentives that drive you to boost your knowledge to assist members with clarity. Training was great and gave you a good taste of exactly what to expect and guided on the best route to take to assist members in the most beneficial way possible."
fast paced atmosphere
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Eureka, CAAugust 4, 2014
busy branch, a lot to learn with not much down time to learn it in, heavy traffic. Managers were friendly.
Good for students and those right out of college.
Account Advisor, Call Center Department (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAApril 11, 2014
N/A I have nothing to write in regards to Provident Credit Union. I have mixed reviews on working there.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Great Place to Work!
Branch staff (Current Employee) –  OaklandFebruary 21, 2014
Provident is a great place to work because of its people and because of its great compensation and benefits. My team is fantastic, and I love coming to work every day. Although I have to work very hard, I feel my Manager values my feedback and suggestions.
Pros
benefits, current team, supervisor
Cons
no dependent care or flexible work hours like telecommuting
good or bad
Staff (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJanuary 9, 2014
The company is a non-profit organization . The employees are very social and good. But the management style is not great.

No opportunity to grow neither.
Salary is low
Pros
good employees
Cons
management get higher paid
Financially Strong Company
Call Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Redwood ShoresDecember 4, 2013
The work day is a good fast pace environment.
There is an opportunity to learn other areas of the company and allows room for growth.
There is an opportunity to affect positive change in members' lives and provide an excellent member experience.
Pros
great benefits, pay, job stability.
Cons
commute
Fun and evolving environment in corporate offices.
Member Sales & Services Represenative (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 4, 2013
A typical day at work are some what predictable for the most part. Like any other company, we're busiest at the end/beginning of the months with members and our reports. I've gained a lot of new knowledge not only with using new systems and programs but with products as well. I've had the opportunity to work outside my main branch and met a lot of other associates, and by far it's one of the friendliest and unified staff I've had the chance to work with. The hardest part of my job can vary day to day depending on the member and the type of situation it is. My most enjoyable part of my job is my commute; short and simple.
Pros
raffles almost every week
Cons
expensive healthcare programs
No Opportunity for Growth
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAApril 3, 2013
When I first got hired at this job they told me that I would be eligible for a promotion after 6 months. A few months into the job, I quickly learned that would probably never happen. This place has an extremely high turnover rate, inadequate staffing, and the management always runs away and delegates their duties to others. The job itself isn't really so hard, but for all of the referrals that are required you barely make any incentive. Most of the incentive goes to management because they do not give any referral credit to the employees. As far as my coworkers, they were generally nice. If you think that you'll have a fair chance here to grow and advance, you can kiss that goodbye. The whole branch was segregated and the manager glorified one employee over the rest of us. This was the most unorganized place that I've ever worked for. The only good thing about working here were the benefits. If you are a full time employee, your benefits will pretty much be paid for. Overall, I would not recommend anyone to work here. The management is horrible and there is virtually no room for growth with this company.
Pros
benefits, nice coworkers
Cons
horrible management, useless incentives, high employee turnover, no advancement opportunity, inadequate staffing
Fun working environment
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Redwood Shores, CAMay 28, 2012
Local community small scale credit union based in Redwood Shores. Fun working retail environment.