Provident Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
A good place to work.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 17, 2015
Usually start work alittle early. Love learning new jobs. I was a team lead at Gardan very challenging but rewarding. The hardest part of is the first day. Meeting new people and what I can learn today.
Pros
To let people know when doing a great job.
work
Youth Support Worker (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 28, 2015
my typical day at work are lesson plans and focusing on the children with homework and activities. we focus really hard on encouraging the kids to do homework and step out there comfort zone.
My job is community based. Provident provides various services. Counseling, Life Crisis Support, Afterschool Programs.
Community Outreach Specialist/ Case Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, Mo.November 25, 2012
A typical day at work would be addressing the needs of my clients, Seems like I'm always putting out fires! ( Which is most rewarding) I work with Seniors half day and school age children the second part of my day. I've learned that the elderly are the forgotten population, their needs are great. The hardest part of my job is seeing the elderly struggle, most are alone they barely have family. They have very little to no money. I'm restricted on how much I can asst them with financially due to my small budget. It's touching. The most enjoyable part of the job is assisting the seniors with various resources, having wheel chairs repaired, assisting them with medical coverage. Knowing that I made a difference.
Pros
flexability
Cons
budget restraints
productive and flexable
Agent (Former Employee) –  west daytonMay 18, 2015
during my time with provident what i loved the most was meeting the people and the flexibility with work and being a mum.

hours were very flexible which worked around the school run and the hardest was getting people to keep up with payments.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
being ignored by those whom don't want to make payments
The work place was productive and fun. Management and co-workers were good. It was family oriented.
Medical Social Worker Three (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 12, 2013
The work place was definitely productive. Each Social Worker was assigned to a particular number of patients. We still found time to vent our concerns. It was a family atmosphere. We laughed, cried and had disputes, which was settled in a professional and loving way. I had no problems with co-workers because we communicated with each othe if there were any problems or concerns. Each day brought about a different challenge a hard to please patient, a difficult supervisor on one of the Nursing Units or a difficult employment outside of the Social Service Office. As a Social Worker, I had to manage all patient cases in a timely manner. I managed the office when the SW Director was absent. SW Director was great! As long as we did our work, she did not bother us. The hardest part of the job was finding appropriate services for some of the patient, due to lack of insurance, prior criminal records or service cuts. The most enjoyabal part of my job was being able to help people and teach them something new, watching their faces light up because the understood what you are teaching them and realizing that you are able to help them.
Pros
free in-services lunches provided by different home health agencies, paid days off for ceu's, off and paid for all major holidays, 12 sick days, flexed hours, good salary.
Cons
poor dental plan, swiping in and out
Productive and fun work place with very good atmosphere
Assistant marketing (Former Employee) –  Bradford, PAMay 27, 2012
I have learnt marketing tips
Co-workers were very nice
I have learnt more about banking management
Pros
lunches very cheap
average work place
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 1, 2012
My day at provident was to open up. set up work station and complete transaction by cashing or depositing customers checks. handling small customers complaints closing out the branch. clean up restock deposit slips brochures. my co-workers at this job was very reasonable and extremely nice. the hardest part of my job was ten hour shifts but the best part of my job was you only had to work four days a week. the manager was ok he was nice as well.
Pros
paid holidays, four day work week.
Cons
disgruntle customers.
Great Company
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 13, 2012
Provident provides a community of care that creates hope, builds self-reliance and drives social impact.

Founded in 1860, Provident is one of St. Louis region’s oldest family service nonprofit agencies. Provident’s tradition is to engender hope and self-reliance in individuals, youth, families, neighborhoods and the larger community where we serve.

Helping People through Tough Times
Filing
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 7, 2015
Did filing for this Company. I learned how to file records and got to talk to people. It was fun. But not something I wanted to do long term.
Pros
leaning something new
Cons
alot of paper cuts
Agency is very passionate about their mission
Director of Community Outreach (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 2, 2014
Oversee staff, programs and budget for entire Community Outreach department. Manage more than 40 employees, 9 offsite locations and other responsibilities when necessary.