Provider Health Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great employees and a pleasant environment
Central Billing Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 16, 2017
A typical day was good because everyone had a basic respect for everyone job duties. There were a few management issues in addressing day to day issues. I did learn how a professional atmosphere can feel in the work world and met some great people. The hardest part about the job was the management issues that occurred due to their lack of experience in health care. They were nice people but they did not know enough about the industry to be in leadership. The company was eventually acquired by another company based out of Lousiana and most of the employees lost their jobs. They were very generous during this process by offering severance packages and unemployment. The most enjoyable part of the job were the personality of my co-workers and the flexibility of the job atmosphere.
Pros
great job atmosphere and co-workers
Cons
poor management caused a lay off for most of the employees
Great pay and rewarding work.
NP (Current Employee) –  Winnsboro, LAOctober 30, 2015
I have worked for PHS for over 2 years now. I can honestly say that it just seems to be getting better with time. The company has always had a very supportive management staff, and that has not changed. I have been blessed to work in 2 great facilities with some wonderful collaborating physicians. The worst drawback to the position is being on call for the facilities needs. It took some adjustment for me to get used to always keeping a cell phone nearby. Also, if you do not set clear boundaries and guidelines, it can be very easy to get overwhelmed by the staff and residents. The job can be emotionally demanding at times, as you work with a population with a high morbidity and mortality rate. I have always loved geriatrics so this was easier for me than many others. I like the fact that I get to know my patients and that I am improving their quality of life. The downside to that is that if you have a needy or demanding patient, you get to know them a little too well!

This company can be a wonderful platform for an energetic and motivated NP who craves autonomy and flexibility. YOU MUST BE INDEPENDANT AND CONFIDENT IN YOUR SKILLS TO DO THIS JOB! If you need to have a MD available at all times to help with decision making, this is not the job for you. While my physicians are usually available for collaboration, I often have to make decisions quickly re: critical situations.

I worked in the clinic setting for over 3 years, and there was always competition among the staff for holidays and CEU events. That all went away when I went to work for PHS. You can have the vacation
  more... dates you want, you can take the afternoon or morning off to attend your child's events. I can honestly say that this has been the happiest I have ever been in regards to an employer. May pay has increased every year since starting with PHS, and the recently added quarterly bonuses are great. They also upgraded to a workable EHR that is quick and easy.  less
Pros
Flexible hours, great pay, wonderful support staff
Cons
Taking call, Emotionally demanding
Np
Field NP (Current Employee) –  LouisianaOctober 29, 2015
I have only been with this company a short time, but so far I have had a great experience. They provide you with a great support staff and with all the materials you need to be successful at your facility. This job has provided me personally with a lot more flexibility with balancing my home life and my career. I would highly recommend this job if you are self motivated and have small children.
Pros
Flexibility, benefits
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LAJuly 10, 2014
I love my job but I need something full time. I go to work and do vitals and talk to my patients and let them know about any changes about their plan of care.
Pros
I meet new patients everyday
Cons
Letting a patient go when they expire
Terrific place to work
Operations Director (Current Employee) –  Field OperationsApril 19, 2014
PHS provides a terrific work environment, a family-like culture and atmosphere, and the opportunity to conduct life-changing work.
Pros
Work itself, work environment, company culture
n/a
Internal Auditor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 4, 2014
Work as an auditor reviewing notes daily. Coworkers are great and helpful. Hardest part can be lack of communication which makes my job a little hard. Own person space. No one micro managing your every move
Pros
no micro managing, personal office space
Cons
no communication
Great employer for motivated providers!
Regional Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Covington, LaJanuary 24, 2014
PHS, LLC is an excellent company for motivated Nurse Practitioners who like autonomy and flexibility within a structured organization. Because of the high demand for providers in long term care settings, PHS has experienced quite a growth spurt. This growth has not been without challenges at times. However, the salary and benefits remain highly competitive within the current market place. This company is a solid organization for providers who are knowledgeable about current health care trends. More importantly, it is a company which advocates for advances in geriatric and long term care.
Rewarding position, good company to work for
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJanuary 24, 2014
I enjoy the NP position with PHS. The population in the long term care setting has been underserved in the past. The addition of NPs has helped the patients tremendously. Previously all patient problems were handled by phone or fax to the MD office. The majority of MDs came once every month or two. Being in the nursing home setting is rewarding because you really feel that you are making a difference for the patients.
The company is growing fast which is exciting. I have only had a couple of minor issues during my emloyment and they were quickly addressed and resolved by management. The management staff is approachable and easy to work for.
Pros
Flexible schedule, patients and staff are very appreciative of the NP role
Cons
EHR system is a work in progress.
Great job if you don't mind working 24/7.
NP (Former Employee) –  TNJanuary 31, 2013
During the honeymoon phase of being a new hire, management, support, and IT are spot on. That support seemed to fade off after time. It became more difficult to get things taken care of. The pay sounds great at first, but you definitely work for it. By the time you average out what you make by the hours your putting in, you realize you're only making around $35/hr. You are required to take call 24/7 and the only reimbursement is $25 a month on your cell bill. Newer hires at least we're bumped up to $50, which should've been extended to the other NPs as well.
Pros
friendly atmosphere, sweet little old people who love you tremendously, promotes an atmosphere of continuing education and provides plenty of opportunities, flexibility
Cons
not for a np with a family or young kids. long work days/weeks, terribly lengthy charting system
Excellent Company
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 3, 2012
This is an excellent company to work for, however, day to day duties will be effected by the caliber of SNF in which you work.
Pros
flexibility and ability to earn a very competitive salary
Cons
jobs is dependent on the quality of the snf
management
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 30, 2012
In the 14 months I worked for PHS there was 3-4 different CEO's and with the most recent CEO the salary was cut drastically from a yearly salary to 50% of visit charge. Benefits were also cut.
Cons
poor management
I learned a lot and enjoyed workin with my collaborating physican
Adult nurse practitoner (Former Employee) –  Memphis tnJune 13, 2012
the beginning. of my morning consisted of seeing patients in the nursing home for any acute medical problems and reviewed all lab results.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Provider Health Services, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2