Provo Canyon School

Provo Canyon School Employee Reviews

A life learning lesson.
Clinical Services Coach (Former Employee), Orem, UTDecember 17, 2014
Pros: relationships, gratification, structure, meals provided
Cons: emotionally draining, lock down facility, scheduling
I provided structure and coping skills to troubled teens in a lock down facility. I also kept detailed logs of about 10-12 girls for the next staff who came on shift, supervisors, therapists, teachers, doctors and parents. This communication was key in each individuals progress for transitioning. I was certified in CPR and first aide at the time and often took on extra shifts when staff was short handed. I learned that my life wasn't so bad after all. It was a job that was hard not to take personally, I just don't think I have it in me. I have kids of my own and it was hard not to relate or get attached to what some of these girls were going through emotionally. I liked the job, but lacked the emotional detachment that it took. I also spent a lot time a way from my own children and needed a change in schedule, so I took a different job.
Fullfilling work with plenty of co-workers to interact with
Team Coach (Former Employee), Provo, UTJune 7, 2014
Pros: benefits, overtime, free lunch, great work environment
Working for Provo Canyon was great because of it's health insurence. Working with at risk teens was a challenge but very fulfilling. I got along great with management and co-workers. The thing I enjoyed most about the job was that there was plenty of overtime!
Laid back, fun coworkers and supervisors
Clinical Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Provo, UTApril 16, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: power struggles
It was a good starting out job for me. Hardest part of the job was having power struggles with the patients.
"Old-school" behavioral treatment facility.
Registered Nurse- PRN (Current Employee), Springville, UTFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits, less stress.
Cons: monotonous
Days focus on medication administration and noting orders for 50-60 adolescents. Work environment varies and is dependent on the work ethic of the nurses that work before you. Monotonous and primarily paper work with a wide variety of nursing skills are not being utilized in this type of a job.
Unproductive place of work.
Cook (Former Employee), Springville, UTFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: good benefits.
Cons: awful management.
Awful place to work. Good benefits but no security or room for advancement. Management isn't interested in workers who think for themselves only someone who will be a drone and do exactly what they say.
Productive and fun.
Facility Maintenance (Former Employee), Provo, UTOctober 24, 2013
Pros: free lunch and meet new people
Cons: don't have and cons about this task.
I worked throughout the day. I learned how to be responsible with the tasks I had to do. My supervisors where very fun, respectful and helped me when I didn't know what I was doing. Some co-workers can be a little annoying, but for the most part they were ok.
When a co-worker decides not to do there task I sometimes have to do it for them and this happened to me quiet often.
I really liked the supervisors so I talked to them more than to my co-workers.
Good place to work at.
Team Coach (Former Employee), SpringvilleSeptember 3, 2013
My co-workers made it a fun place to work, and I enjoyed connecting with the kids on a level that allowed me to be a key component in trying to be a positive influence on these kids.
Great place to help kids in need.
Director of Admissions (Former Employee), Springville UtahAugust 2, 2013
Pros: free lunch, great benefits, upword mobility
Cons: corporate oversight
I reviewed incoming applications and helped families find treatment for children who were struggling with mental health issues.
Rewarding and fullfilling occupation
Program/Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Springville, UTJanuary 12, 2013
Pros: very fullfilling
Cons: can be upsetting to see certain things
Working with children and adolescents that are in great need of basic life and social skills and cognitive therapy is difficult. However, to see the success rate that this school produces makes it all worthwhile. Provo Canyon is also very fortunate to have incredible people working there to make a successful and positive team.
PCS
History Teacher (Current Employee), Springville, UTJuly 23, 2012
Pros: free lunch, great teaching staff
Cons: only 7 vacation days which are not free but must be used with your own pto, low morale due to high stress and few days off
great teaching staff and support system but very high stree-not enough days off and not a chance to become a better teacher. Not the perks of being a teacher (summers off, christmas vacation)