Provo Canyon School Employee Reviews in United States

Student Life Staff is great
Student Life Staff (Current Employee) –  Utah County, UTJanuary 19, 2016
Most student life staff are great. They provide meals, the boys campus in Provo has great food, but the Springville girls campus.. Well my dog eats better. They have a 5 student to 1 staff.. But in reality its 2 staff per 16 students in the days and afternoon shifts. Night watch is 1 staff and 15+ students.
Some staff bad mouth the students which is not OK, but it doesn't matter.
The pay, well its awful and you only get one raise per year but have to be here one year to get it so if you start in July of 2015 you won't get a raise until January 2017. If starting pay goes up, yours doesn't. Meaning if you start at $10 and a few months later it starts at $11, you still make $10.
Management is awful and dictates everything even though they aren't working with the students. They do not communicate and people feel like their job is in jeopardy as they want less staff than they already have.
They are all about profit and not the kids that come here. The kids are dollar bills in their eyes and nothing more. Staff is over worked and severely under paid. You do not get weekends off unless you get it approved. If you plan a big trip months in advance and have your airline tickets or what not you are not guaranteed the time off. If they deny some or all of your request and you cannot find coverage, you either don't go and eat the money spent or lose your job.
More than half the night shift sleep and don't do their checks like they are supposed too. If you say something, it will either be ignored or backfire.
I love working with the students, but the management is horrible and
  more... staff is all replaceable.  less
Pros
Great benefits, free meals
Cons
Management, pay, favortism
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMarch 24, 2016
Helping at risk youth is one of the most rewarding jobs you can have as an adult. It takes patience but is worth it when you see the kids able to leave juvenile detention.
A place where you learn about patience but receive a lot of it as well
Team Coach (Former Employee) –  Springville, UTDecember 14, 2015
Has stressful moments constantly which can in turn help ones problems outside of work seem minimal or easier to handle.
Pros
Free Breakfast and Lunch
Cons
Working with troubled youth can be taxing create a lot of unecessary stress.
Unproductive place of work.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Springville, UTFebruary 5, 2014
Awful place to work. Good benefits but no security or room for advancement. Management isn't interested in workers who think for themselves only someone who will be a drone and do exactly what they say.
Pros
good benefits.
Cons
awful management.
Good Place
Coach (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTOctober 5, 2015
Good place, good people. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Constant Mnagement change
Fullfilling work with plenty of co-workers to interact with
Team Coach (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJune 7, 2014
Working for Provo Canyon was great because of it's health insurence. Working with at risk teens was a challenge but very fulfilling. I got along great with management and co-workers. The thing I enjoyed most about the job was that there was plenty of overtime!
Pros
benefits, overtime, free lunch, great work environment
A life learning lesson.
Clinical Services Coach (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTDecember 17, 2014
I provided structure and coping skills to troubled teens in a lock down facility. I also kept detailed logs of about 10-12 girls for the next staff who came on shift, supervisors, therapists, teachers, doctors and parents. This communication was key in each individuals progress for transitioning. I was certified in CPR and first aide at the time and often took on extra shifts when staff was short handed. I learned that my life wasn't so bad after all. It was a job that was hard not to take personally, I just don't think I have it in me. I have kids of my own and it was hard not to relate or get attached to what some of these girls were going through emotionally. I liked the job, but lacked the emotional detachment that it took. I also spent a lot time a way from my own children and needed a change in schedule, so I took a different job.
Pros
relationships, gratification, structure, meals provided
Cons
emotionally draining, lock down facility, scheduling
"Old-school" behavioral treatment facility.
Registered Nurse- PRN (Current Employee) –  Springville, UTFebruary 16, 2014
Days focus on medication administration and noting orders for 50-60 adolescents. Work environment varies and is dependent on the work ethic of the nurses that work before you. Monotonous and primarily paper work with a wide variety of nursing skills are not being utilized in this type of a job.
Pros
good pay and benefits, less stress.
Cons
monotonous
Great place to help kids in need.
Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Springville UtahAugust 2, 2013
I reviewed incoming applications and helped families find treatment for children who were struggling with mental health issues.
Pros
free lunch, great benefits, upword mobility
Cons
corporate oversight
Productive and fun.
Facility Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTOctober 24, 2013
I worked throughout the day. I learned how to be responsible with the tasks I had to do. My supervisors where very fun, respectful and helped me when I didn't know what I was doing. Some co-workers can be a little annoying, but for the most part they were ok.
When a co-worker decides not to do there task I sometimes have to do it for them and this happened to me quiet often.
I really liked the supervisors so I talked to them more than to my co-workers.
Pros
free lunch and meet new people
Cons
don't have and cons about this task.
Rewarding and fullfilling occupation
Program/Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springville, UTJanuary 12, 2013
Working with children and adolescents that are in great need of basic life and social skills and cognitive therapy is difficult. However, to see the success rate that this school produces makes it all worthwhile. Provo Canyon is also very fortunate to have incredible people working there to make a successful and positive team.
Pros
very fullfilling
Cons
can be upsetting to see certain things
Pcs
History Teacher (Current Employee) –  Springville, UTJuly 23, 2012
great teaching staff and support system but very high stree-not enough days off and not a chance to become a better teacher. Not the perks of being a teacher (summers off, christmas vacation)
Pros
free lunch, great teaching staff
Cons
only 7 vacation days which are not free but must be used with your own pto, low morale due to high stress and few days off
Obvious for profit facility
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Springville, UTJanuary 3, 2015
This is not a pleasant environment,
short staffed. High turnover for good reason.
Laid back, fun coworkers and supervisors
Clinical Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTApril 16, 2014
It was a good starting out job for me. Hardest part of the job was having power struggles with the patients.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
power struggles
Good place to work at.
Team Coach (Former Employee) –  SpringvilleSeptember 3, 2013
My co-workers made it a fun place to work, and I enjoyed connecting with the kids on a level that allowed me to be a key component in trying to be a positive influence on these kids.

2.8