Prudential Financial Inc Employee Reviews

Only company that I worked for. 34 yrs Sales experience
Agent & Registered Representative (Former Employee) –  Pottsville, PAApril 26, 2017
Started with Prudential immediately after college. This career enabled me to build a new home, educate my 2 children and provide for a nice living for my family.
Pros
being commissioned the company did not put a ceiling on earnings.
Cons
being commissioned the company also did not put a floor as to how low your income could fall !
Prudential Newark
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJDecember 22, 2016
Newark location is awful. I almost got jumped in the Newark Penn Station area by 4 teenage girls. I stood up to them and was seeking security but nothing. People have been robbed at ATM machine.
Pros
not too many pros
Awesome
Business Analyst/UAT (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaDecember 2, 2016
A place i will recommend for all my peers who is looking for a change. Lot many opportunities to learn and expand our boundaries. Enjoyed every moment there and great place to work
Pros
Cafe
Cons
Excellent company to work for
Distributed Computing & Networking Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 10, 2016
Great reputation. Benefits are top notch. A growing enterprise with a promising future. Becoming a technology leader.
External Consultant
External Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 13, 2015
Great company who is striving to become the best in the industry. Great culture and employees who love to help people, and not just focus on the bottom line.
Great Place to work...if Willing to Work in Sales
FPA (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 1, 2015
Prudential is a great company and the people that they employ are wonderful as well. They are very invested in seeing you succeed and everyone is willing to help; there is no unfriendly competition, everyone works together. They could do a little more to prepare a new sales person for their job because once you are hired, they basically throw you out to the wolves with very minimal compensation to get you started. Don't get me wrong, any manager or associate is willing to run appointments with you but there still seems like there could be more training involved when getting started.

You need to be a strong sales person willing to work for commission or you will struggle. You get paid for how productive you are here and it WILL take a good amount of time to get to the level that you want to reach
Family Orientated
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJFebruary 5, 2015
Room for growth on each team. School Tuition Program, Team building, and a caring company. I am grateful for the knowledge I gained starting my career in healthcare.
productive
Intern (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 8, 2015
productive , helpful management, academia culture, very low pay
Great Company!
Compliance Intern (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 13, 2014
I love working here. The work environment is very tranquil. No yelling or screaming, just people wanting to get work done. Hardest part of the job is understanding the business as it has so many different aspects to its business. Then there is the Prudential acronyms. People that have been working there for years still struggle with all the acronyms. But, still the job is great as you learn something everyday given the company's size ($1.14T AUM!!!).
stable company with good work/life balance
Team Lead, Infrastructure Services (Current Employee) –  Livingstin, NJMarch 30, 2014
I have taken many different responsibilites in this job, such as performance tunning for various web-based application besides WebSphere, formed monitoring strategies which were not in place prior to my employment, installation/configuration of client certificates, as well as the ITIL framework and many more. All together mades my work exciting and enjoyable.

Want to know more about Prudential Financial Inc?

Ask a question
Poor
Financial Professional Associate (Current Employee) –  south windsor , ctDecember 5, 2013
You don’t get paid until you complete a 26 week cdp program that you have to pay for which costs $1500, in those 26 weeks you have to get the L&H, series 6, and series 63 exam. The managers rush you through it weather you have the money or not. Poor organization as each man explains the rules different.
Pros
one out of a few hits it big and makes a good salary
Cons
offfce location
Great work environment
Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 12, 2013
Worked in call center environment where I assisted clients and agents with processing disbursements and simple changes to policies. Prudential created a great atmosphere for employee morale
Close-knit supportive staff
Production Artist FREELANCE (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 14, 2013
Perfection was stressed even more than most studios. A software system called SMART was used to integrate artists files with writer's edits.The software was so demanding that anything less than a thorough understanding could be problematic and time consuming.
Excellent place to work!
Programming Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNSeptember 26, 2012
I worked for Prudential for many years and I enjoyed working there.
Prudential was a very fair company to work for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prudential Financial Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Prudential Financial Inc Reviews by Location