Prudential

Prudential Employer Reviews

Productive atmosphere
Annuity Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Dresher, PAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: no work life balance. mandatory late nights
Hard to advance
great benefits
great people
management needs more training
I learned a lot about insureds and beneficiary claims.
Correspondence Consultant (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 16, 2014
Pros: received several bonuses for teams i lead.
Cons: i had no cons.
I was promoted 4 times in the 7 years I worked there. Job duties ranged from filing, making claim payments to a correspondence consultant, composing letters to be used company wide.
Productive environment that provides environment of open discussion
Administrative Associate (Current Employee), Roseland, NJJuly 15, 2014
Pros: benefits, vacation days
Cons: strict break times
Daily routine is fairly rigid; however, there is ample opportunity to involve yourself in the departments events and projects. The community is a diverse cast of employees with an atmosphere of accessibility.
Through all this, production numbers must still be met, and a dialogue of exceeding quotas and standards is stressed.
Great long term employment opportunity
Senior Helpdesk Associate (Former Employee), dresher, paJuly 15, 2014
Pros: great pay, great benefits
Cons: job security
I loved working at Prudential. Every day was something different. Management was always supportive. Co-workers were always friendly. Hardest part of the job was knowing we were being outsourced and just waiting for the final day. Best part of the job was being able to work from home and balance life/work/family.
Career for those who are determined and dedicated to the mission at hand
FPA Intern (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: free lunches each month for company roadshow
Cons: large turnover in industry
I completed a full year internship with Prudential and was at the forefront of recruiting, operations, and assisted the life insurance and wealth management team there. Being a Financial Professional Associate is a tough position since much of your income is generated based on clients and the natural marketing plan. Although sometimes it gets extremely – more... tough to handle, being an FPA is really great and starts you off on a career as a Professional in the financial service sector. – less
Excellent benefits but not very direct with communication to employees
Sr. Service Specialist (Former Employee), Woodbury, MNJuly 14, 2014
Very top heavy with management and it takes a long time for any changes to occur. But they do try to offer nice benefits and have a good work life balance.
Racist
Advanced Systems Coordinator (Former Employee), Roseland, NJJuly 10, 2014
Pros: you have a job.
Cons: too numerous to list.
The nature and culture of Prudential Ins Co. when I was there was racist. When they couldn't understand why the moral of the employees was so down they hired an outside consultant. Upon being given the results of the survey was not pleased. As they began researching and interviewing the staff members they stood with intimidation to make people not admit – more... the truth of what they felt. I told the truth. They asked and I answered honestly. For that I was given a conference by my manager, director and VP in their offices and different time being told the same thing....We are applying the glass ceiling to you. You will not have any other position in this company. – less
Prudential Financial
BPO Relationship Manager (Current Employee), Dresher, PAJuly 8, 2014
Prudential has provided me with a vast amount of experience and knowledge during my tenure
An excellent American corporation to work for.
Director, Corporate Contributions (Former Employee), Newark, NJJuly 7, 2014
Pros: size. compensation.
Cons: poor internal management controls. poor leadership accountability.
Pros: Large, diverse company.
Work/ Life balance is good. Employee assistance programs are available. Flexible work arrangements are available.
Compensation is at par with other corporations in New Jersey. However, you may find it sub par for NYC corporations.

Cons: Management is not held accountable for poor leadership and egregious behaviors. Appraisals – more... and compensation, particularly in HR areas, are driven by relationships, rather than results.

Company culture and employee morale has seriously deteriorated since the retirement of Art Ryan.

Company attitude toward the Newark community is negative. – less
Prudential is an Outstanding Company to Work for very good benefits
Marketing Associate (Former Employee), Downers Grove ILJuly 7, 2014
Pros: benefits
Working for Prudential has given me a lot of knowledge in the Financial Arena. With Prudential you learn something new everyday, the management team is a 10 and then some they care about you achieving your career goals with them. Time management is a must. The co-workers are like family. You have to stay on top goals met are very important to go to – more... the next level. Prudential is an Awesome Company to be apart of ;-) bonus – less
great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), jacksonville flJuly 7, 2014
Pros: great
Cons: great
It was great working for this company. Working for this company was fun
A intense and fast pace working environment
Temporary Employee (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 2, 2014
A typical work day would be answering phones, setting appointments, and viewing policies . I learned how to balance my time and juggle many things at one time. The most enjoyable part was helping people on a day to day basis.
Fun working enviroment
Financial consultant (Former Employee), Singapore, S00July 2, 2014
Pros: freedom
Cons: requirs good fundation
Nice boos and fun working enviorment.
career advancement is good, iwith the personally experience, I think this job requires lots of good fudation in terms of culture, knowledge of government rules and regulations, and mostly important is the socila circle.
Going through constant organizational changes
Employee Benefits Sales (Current Employee), Irvine, CAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: flexibile hours, telecommute, constant peer interaction
Cons: poor management, poor training
I am responsible to maintaining and building relationships with outside brokers in my territory. This job allows you to create your own hours and provides a lot of social interation. The company is currently going through organizational changes and management and training has not been readily available.
Great company for long term employment
Senior Helpdesk Associate (Former Employee), Dresher, PAJune 30, 2014
Pros: great hours, pay
Great opportunity to advance and or change jobs. Always something new every day. Scheduling was very flexible.
Ok place to work, very little support.
Financial Professional Associate (Current Employee), Quincy, ILJune 28, 2014
Pros: self directed job
Cons: very little support from company
I work here and have for over a year. It's quickly coming to a close for me because I'm not beating the bushes to sell to my friends who no longer speak to me because I "sell insurance" now.
Good Work Life Balance. You need strong personal network to survive.
Financial Professional (Former Employee), Egg Harbor Township, NJJune 25, 2014
Pros: great training program, great support from office staff
Cons: hard to earn enough money, managers play favorites and support weaker candiates by teaming them with veteran reps
A mixed bag. The office I worked in had a great office staff. Most people are friendly and easy to get along with. This is a great company for a recent grad to get experience with a major company. The downside to that being your confidence could take a hit if this is your first real job. Most people who enter whats known as the CDP program fail as they – more... cant meet the minimum policies required to transition to full time and more importantly get your first paycheck. Once you do make it through the CDP program the "Productive" number is very difficult to hit. Over the long term Prudential has a difficult time retaining their employees. Prior to my departure the 24 month retention rate was under 30%. I was there just over 3 years and that retention rate was likely significantly less than the 30%. Prudential has a great training program and its a great place to get started in the insurance industry. You can obtain all of your licenses that will help you down the road. They will also pay many of your licenses and tests once you pass them of course. – less
love it
Secretary (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAJune 24, 2014
the company is great , encouraged me to work, love the environment and people
Excellent opportunity to deliver results
Lead System Specialist (Former Employee), Roseland, NJJune 24, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: telecommute opportunity
Co-manage team to deliver enterprise solutions
Upgrade and maintain enterprise systems
Provide 24x7 notifications to ensure infrastructure monitoring
Customize environment with scripting
experienced life, short and long term medical underwiter
Senior Medical Underwriter (Current Employee), Roseland, NJJune 23, 2014
Pros: working at home
Cons: declining people for coverage for life insurance
a typical day at work consist of processing anywhere from 10-20 applications for life, short and long term disability claims, gained experience in processing claims for Nea ( national education association) knowledge in offering at a lower dollar amount for customers who may be considered a risk. work well with a diverse group of people with years of – more... experience. hardest part of the job putting in long hours at the job during peak season.
most enjoyable approving customers for coverage – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Prudential

For more than 135 years, Prudential has addressed financial challenges for its individual and institutional customers. Today, – Read more