Prudential Employee Reviews

Commission based
FINANCIAL PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 27, 2016
Excessive travel, commission based job. Good place to increase your knowledge but unstable pay. Flexible schedule but long days when all the traveling is considered.
Prudential is a great company.
Agent (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHSeptember 27, 2016
I loved being able to help people with their planning needs for the future. I loved being able to set my own schedule. However....working on commission only is not easy and the company really has not made that any easier on anyone. If you do not strive to own your own business in your own office they really don't work with you as much. Some people really don't want the hassles of your own office.

I also loved some of the other Agents you get to work with. We were like a family yet it was still cut throat and it is still a Good Old Boys network!
Pros
Working your own hours and the people you meet!
Cons
Commission only
You are essentially running your own insurance business
Financial Professional (Current Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CASeptember 24, 2016
The best part of working for Prudential was the ability to have a work life balance. The worst part of working for this company was their Management... pretty much non existent along with their Training. You are on your own and if you ask anyone for their help, you better believe they will want part of your commission. This is a commission based position only. Prudential definitely lacks culture as well as office spirit.

The worst part of the financial professional position is that they charge you $500 a month for a cubicle... or $300 a month to rent a cubicle.
Pros
work life balance & benefits along with a pension
Cons
you have to pay to work there, commission only, draw pay structure, lack of management, lack of training
Fast Pace
Western Divisional VP (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTSeptember 23, 2016
Leadership was always changing and the support was low. High turn over, pressure and not much balance in you life. Co workers were all nice but everyone always felt like a number.
Pros
Big company Brand recognition
Cons
No balance in you life
It is a good company to work for and there are opportunities to learn and to advance.
Annuity Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dresher, PASeptember 21, 2016
It is a solid company to work for and there are growth opportunities. There are various departments, managers, and the company always looks to remain at the top of the list compared to other companies.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
no negative comments
Work Life Balance at Prudential
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Dresher, PASeptember 15, 2016
From the time you start a typical workday the challenges of monitoring the cash accounts as well as other pertinent day to day operations activities keep one engaged.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Very challenging and forward looking company
Systems Manager (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 15, 2016
Pru retirement has full stack development opportunities in many different platforms, the folks are great, and the business partners are very knowledgeable.
Productive great Environment and Corporate philosophy
Realtor, Real Estate Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Bruno, CASeptember 14, 2016
The Company's Mission Statement says it all and they live by it! I worked for Prudential in various capacities first in Zurich Switzerland and when I returned to California I worked for them here, it was weird to walk into a brand new office for the first time and have the feeling I was coming home after a long trip!
Pros
Very horizontal management
Cons
Building your own book of business
Great company to work for.
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  East Hanover, NJSeptember 14, 2016
Straight commission. Still building my brand. Looking for a salary position to supplement straight commission work.
Great Company
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTSeptember 6, 2016
Great company with great co-workers. Too bad I was laid off after just a few months on the job. I miss the team I worked with.
Prudential Real Estate
Realtor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLSeptember 5, 2016
Enjoy working with clients and realtors
enjoy helping people getting into a house
working with other people
computer work
Pros
Love working with realtors
Cons
nothing
relax place to work
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PASeptember 2, 2016
lovely place to work,received the mails first thing in the morning, and fun begins,sort them out with co-workers while we have conversations and work together.
Pros
lots of break
benefits
Great Firm
Director Managed Accounts Investment Operations (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 31, 2016
Worked for Prudential for many Years , Honestly one of the best firms to work for..
a typical day would consist of running a team of 15 employees, everyone would get along great almost like a family..we all had many years with the firm..
I ran the service Desk and the operations team.
Hardest part was the commute since they are located in Jersey ..
my day was very busy and went very fast.
Pros
Great Healthcare, Competitive Salary
Cons
Distance to travel to work
Professional Nationwide
Realtor (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 31, 2016
Communicated with my business partner in the morning for a daily game plan.

I made sure all purchase agreement stipulations were met in the time frame designated.

I stayed in contact with clients on a regular basis to update them on progress of the sale or purchase of their property.
Productive and fun place.
Project Manager/Senior BA (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTAugust 30, 2016
Prudential is a great place to work. Friendly environment and strong work ethic. Everyone is focused and talented.I would any given day go back to Prudential.
great work and benifits
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNAugust 30, 2016
great team and managers re-freshed from nt3.51 to nt 4.0 to windows 2000, Imacs were properly scheduled. I managed imaging and group administration
Pros
great benifits
Cons
was outsourced
Valuable experience
Software Developer Intern (Former Employee) –  Roseland, NJAugust 27, 2016
I interned at prudential in Summer 2015, and I really enjoyed the experience. And really learned a lot during the internship and I enjoyed working with my team.
great work environment
FINANCIAL ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 26, 2016
management was awesome. very helpful. Assisted with anything that was work related. hardest part of the job is constantly working the phone and using redundant information.
Pros
provide leads
Cons
commission only
The Prudential brand has earned worldwide respect and its employees are devoted to it.
Senior Marketing Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 25, 2016
The CEO has committed from Day 1 that he wants talent management to be the cornerstone of his stewardship of the company. There has been significant movement in that direction.
Pros
The company takes very good care of its employees and is devoted to the communities served
Cons
Legacy systems and processes require patience and partnership when trying to make changes
positive employment
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dresher, PAAugust 24, 2016
Compensation and benefits are top notch. Consistant management, Advancement is acheivable. Flexible work and life.Great co workers, nothing bad to say,