Prudential

Prudential Employee Reviews

Prudential Securities was a great firm in it's day!
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 26, 2015
I loved working with this company and the team. The company culture recognized all levels of employees being important to the goal.
An organization that was good to me in the numerous years I was there.
Annuity Call Center, Associate Manager (Former Employee), Dresher, PAMay 24, 2015
Pros: Brand recognition, learning & development, compensation, diversity and advancement opportunities
Cons: frequent redeployment of jobs and downsizing
Overall, a great company to work for! Superior training, excellent compensation, benefits and advancement opportunities.
Great Working Environment
Disability Claims Examiner (Former Employee), Livingston, NJMay 22, 2015
This was my very first career job out of college and I learned a lot. The staff was great and very welcoming. Time management was a skill that I developed working there and still use to this day.
Advancement Optainable
IT TECh (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 20, 2015
Management helpful and encourage advancement. After 25 years with Prudential I was part of many changes on how they do their business. I was able to grow along with all those changes.
50/50
Senior Planning & Analysis Specialist (Current Employee), Newark, NJMay 19, 2015
Pros: Treatment of Employees
Cons: Work-Life balancee
Prudential treats their employees very well. I have increased my knowledge of Excel, Essbase, Oracle, model creation, forecasting, and budgeting.
Great opportunity if you have a mentor or are able to self sustain in income while you build your practice
Financial Professional (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 18, 2015
Pros: Flexible Schedule
Cons: Pay
You need to have money or a lot of friends with money. This position is not for someone starting out in the industry. A competent mentor will make a huge difference. You need someone to show you the "ropes" on penetrating different markets and establishing yourself as a professional in those markets. Furthermore, you need to be able to eat and pay your bills while you build your practice.
I had looked forward to waking up and going to work every day.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Dresher, PAMay 18, 2015
Pros: They rewarded us with gift cards & comp time.
Cons: We get discounts at certain places just because we worked for the company
Prudential was a great company to work for which allowed you to move up in the company. My co workers were good people, for the most part we got along pretty good. Management kept us aware of changes within the company. The downside is they do a lot of layoffs.
Managed the internal control balance sheet attestation process
Director of Accounting (Former Employee), Newark, NJMay 18, 2015
Pros: Good place to work
Cons: N/A
Managed the internal control balance sheet attestation process coordinating 175 account owners of approximately 8,000 accounts in this new public company. Member of the 3 person Sarbanes-Oxley Implementation Team directing and monitoring the involved 800 Prudential associates.
A professional company to work for.
Sr. Administrative Associate (Former Employee), Roseland, NJMay 18, 2015
Pros: Perks, discounted tickets for certain shows at The Prudential Center
Cons: Healthcare packages, 401K plans and Pension
A typical work day at Prudential is busy and there is always new things to learn. The Company keeps you abreast with valid information you need to know as for insurance point of view and the corporate world in general. I've expecience a diverse range of co-workers which was a good exprience for me, and for the company because we are living in a country with people from all walks of life who is the foundation of this great nation!
The hardest part of my job was the fear of change, and thinking outside the box. I've since learnt to face my fear of change, and that has since opened my eyes to not limit myself, and to also think outside the box.
The most enjoyable part of the job is that you are awarded for your hard work.
Multi Claims Examiner with many responsibilities
Senior Claims Examiner (Former Employee), Roseland, NJMay 8, 2015
Pros: Work from Home Access, Dail in Meeting
Cons: Alternate Life Insurance benefits, Health Insurance
Service the customer through out the day.
Confirm coverage
Review medical for confirmation of diagnosis of being classified as being unable to work due to disability.
Multi task to work with others on team for absence or work load
Enjoyed communication with customers, which also allowed the customer to feel better about self being that they are unable to work.
Managed interns and trained new hires on process and day to day job responsibilities.
Overall a good experience while continuing my career in Real Estate.
Associate Broker (Former Employee), Silicon Valley, CAMay 8, 2015
Pros: Good money
Cons: Long hours and sharing the commission with the broker in charge
As a Broker Associate I was an independent contract as all real estate agents in California. I developed and worked my own business plan.
Great Place to Work
Investment Operations Associate (Former Employee), Newark, NJMay 7, 2015
Pros: Good benefits, Good vacation
Cons: Poor Management
Constantly busy and opportunity to learn new things. Job challenge was good. Great co-workers. Poorly managed and high turn-over
Great work life balance
Sr. Claims Examiner (Current Employee), FloridaMay 4, 2015
Pros: Work Life
Cons: Stessful work enviornment
Overall Prudential has good benefits and excellent work life balance. Upward mobility, promotions and advancements are limited. Overall compensation is on par with other companies.
Great Company
Financial Professional (Current Employee), Downers Grove, ILMay 3, 2015
Fast paced, Customer focused, problem solving, enjoyable work.
*Know all facts about the job before signing on
*Work/life balance can be disruptive at times
*Co-workers are very friendly
*Hardest part is not making sales to earn a comfortable living
work life balance was wonderful
Sr Commissions SME Associate (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 30, 2015
Pros: free parking garage attached to building
Cons: alot of the jobs are being outsourced out of America
I worked for Prudential for 17 years. Unfortunately, outsourcing caught up with me. I loved my job, I loved my clients, I loved my accomplishments.
Current Job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Fort Washington, PAApril 27, 2015
I am currently looking for a job to develop and grow more than my current position. I do not have a flexible work/life balance and would like this to improve. The team is great, and the people are supportive.
Staff anixous to learn and perform duties with excellence
Manager, Client Services (Former Employee), Dresher, PAApril 27, 2015
Pros: Collaboration between departments
Cons: outsourcing positions
public company reducing costs led to outstanding associates positions being eliminated
developing staff to achieve their personal goals very rewarding
Enjoyed the work environment, challenges and the ability to work on a team and individually.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNApril 24, 2015
Pros: Flexible work schedule, excellent benefits, close to home
Cons: Outdated software
A typical work day consisted of processing life insurance distributions such as surrenders, 1035 exchanges and partial withdrawals. I also ran illustrations and responded to customers' correspondence requests via email, mail and fax. My co-workers and I treated one another with respect and courtesy. What I enjoyed is the ability to work independently, which I earned after proving that I was able to process high quality results in a timely manner. My manager was flexible and fair. The hardest part of the job was working with outdated software. The most enjoyable part of the day when I was able to reach a solution to a difficult problem.
Strong support staff
Financial adviser *Mutual Fund (Current Employee), St Louis Park, MNApril 24, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, great salary potential
Cons: Fee and Commission based only, Finding leads
At Prudential, you're in an environment that is truly about growing as a team. As you grow in your own practice, you learn a lot about: teamwork, being a self-starter, dealing with stress, handling different personalities, working in a partnership, and learning how to manage your efforts effectively overall.

Hardest part of being a Financial Professional is keeping activity high enough to sustain the level of income you believe you deserve. With tons of attention to every detail of your client, it would be hard to have a large book of business doing everything on your own.

However, the most enjoyable part of my job is when the end result of all my research and efforts generate a solution for the client.

Overall, I'd have to say that this company makes this industry a lot easier do the the understanding and collaborative efforts of the people around you.
Receptionist, customer service and telemarketer.
Receptionist/Telemarketer (Former Employee), Southbury, CTApril 21, 2015
Pros: I enjoyed my position.
Cons: None.
My position as receptionist, customer service and telemarketer helped the customer base grow thus making the business grow. It was an enjoyable experience.

1 2 3 4 5

About Prudential

For more than 135 years, Prudential Financial (NYSE:PRU) has helped people grow and protect their wealth. We offer individual – Read more

Prudential Salaries