Prudential Employee Reviews in United States

Great company to work for, productive, limited advancement.
Specialized Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 22, 2016
My job was very complex, face paced, quality driven, project oriented, detailed with vast amounts of research, phone calls, meetings for process improvement, daily management reports, managing large dollar reallocation request for life insurance policies (same day processing), spontaneous, and the most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that everyday is a constant challenge and I am making a difference toward providing World Class Service, not only to our customers but individuals as well.
Pros
Lots of food days for birthdays, events, and celebrations, fun atmosphere with a variety of committees, awesome benefits
Cons
Limited advancement and pay
Prudential Group insurance was an amazing place to work
IT Intern (Former Employee) –  Roseland, NJJune 21, 2016
Every single day was excellent, The people were very happy at work. I learned a lot and felt very valuable even as an intern. I was treated as a fair member of the teams I was a part of and was very happy to go to work in the morning. I would definitely work there again if ever given the opportunity.
Pros
Parties, great lunches, learned so much.
Cons
lunch was only half an hour
Interesting place to work, with friendly staff
Business Analysis Associate (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PAJune 16, 2016
-Long hours but highly productive work-day
-Awesome co-workers
-Fair Management
-Random and periodic staff lunches
-Hardest part of day is when you do not have your work completed because your co-workers did not complete their portion.
Pros
Periodic lunches
Cons
No breaks, poor treatment of temporary employees
FPA Trainee
Financial Professional Associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJune 15, 2016
It will take 3 years before you find success ($$$) in smaller markets.

You pay for your own licensing then the company pays you back after you get sales.

Bug friends and family and random people about their financial situations.

Job really just depends on what kind of person you are or what kind of person you're willing to become.
Pros
Employees, Your own schedule.
Cons
Commission, long time to get licensed (2 months)
It has been 12 years since working at Prudential
Executive Assistant to Vice President (Former Employee) –  Roseland, NJJune 14, 2016
Held positions at Prudential for 20 years. Very good benefits. Very good culture. Still meet with people I worked with 12 years ago.
Great Place, great people good company
Net Developer (Current Employee) –  New jerseyJune 10, 2016
Excellent place to work. very supportive people and very good management group.employee benefits also very good. career growth also very good as always more opportunities to explore on different tasks.
Free lunch and game room
Claim Examiner (Former Employee) –  Millville, NJMay 27, 2016
This was 34 years ago, not interested in writing a review. The building is now a middle school. The grounds are very lush.
It is the one of the largest Insurance Company of America also known as a "Rock Company"
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJMay 26, 2016
It is unfortunate on my part that I don't wish to be in the business of Insurance as all through out my career, I have been associated with Banking, Finance & Accounts jobs
Fair professional atmosphere
Sr Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMay 24, 2016
Interesting, learned a lot , great benefits and work life balance, Great staff and great membership. Highly recommend working here as it is a great source for networking
Good Company, Would Recommend
Director (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 18, 2016
Overall a good company and I would recommend to someone seeking employment. Been with company for several years and I've seen allot. The company is going through a transformation, that ultimately will be for the better. Generally most people are collaborative, supportive for each other.
Pros
Benefits, Work Life Balance, Employee Services, Emphasis on Health & Wellness
Cons
Lacking advancement opportunities for minority groups
Great Company to work for
Senior Associate, Marketing Review Unit (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 11, 2016
Love my years at Prudential. The culture, the camaraderie and the atmosphere. I really enjoyed learning about the company and the opportunities I encountered.
Pros
Fosters a caring environment
Cons
room for advancement
Professional environment with dedicated employees
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dresher, PAMay 8, 2016
Prudential has been an excellent foundation for me to build my versatile skill set. Supporting various Vice Presidents has made me highly adaptable in any situation.
Productive and good place to learn.
Business Analysis Internship (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 5, 2016
I worked as an intern at Prudential, my overall experience was very good. Culture and environment is very good, lot of diversity. I learned a lot during my internship at prudential.
Team friendly
Planning and Analysis Specialist (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 5, 2016
Very team oriented environment, flexible with schedules as well as very diverse. There is much to learn about the different business areas and the ability to partner with business units as well as with colleagues across the enterprise makes the experience valuable.

Don't wait for your boss to promote you based on your work performance being great, you have to pretty much demand the promotion. Sometimes if upper management (who you may not even interface with regularly) makes the ultimate decision and if you're not well liked you may be overlooked.

Do not take that as terrible feedback, it's just a reality and you cannot stay in one department longer than 2 years or you become an unpromotable fixture.
Pros
Excellent working relationships with team mates.
Cons
unclear metrics when promotions are made.
Job Culture and Satisfaction depends on Department
Project Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 28, 2016
Job Culture, Work, Life Balance depends on where you are located in Prudential. I was recommended to come to Prudential based on the Work Life Balance but was surprised when it was not the case in our department and is subjective depending where you are placed.
Pros
Structured and Organized
Cons
Isolated
Flexible hours is great.
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYApril 27, 2016
You'll have to be productive constantly and extensively to get paid. Great benefits. Colleagues and culture as well as support from the company are good.
Csp
Customer Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEApril 26, 2016
The job is great, people are great, I enjoy the Job I do, I highly recommend prudential to anyone looking for a job in the disability field
met new people
Food Runner (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 24, 2016
I would come in, restock anything that is needed such as spoons and forks . then wipe down the tables and get everything else ready.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no breaks
N/a
Financial Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 24, 2016
Was not there long enough to provide enough details on typical day on job. Was only there for a few months. I only received my licenses and left afterwards.
Productive and fast-paced work environment
Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 23, 2016
On a typical day I will take between 40-60 claim related calls pertaining to short term disability, long term disability, and FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act). I assist callers with questions related to their claims/policies and document each call in detail. I help new hires with any questions they may have related to the work involved. I'll work on side projects such as mailing and emailing requested documentation out to our claimants. I also present in team huddles where I discuss with my peers any updated or revised procedures for a particular client. I have also spent time with our claims adjustors to obtain a detailed insight of what the position entails.

During my time with the company, I've learned the policies and provisions of short term disability, long term disability and FMLA.
In addition, I have learned techniques on how to effectively diffuse an escalated call when claimants may become angry or distressed. The job often requires informing our claimants of bad news, and breaking this news can lead to escalated situations. I have learned how to document my interactions in a detailed, yet time efficient manner.

I can honestly say that I have nothing but positive regard to the members of our management team. Since the day I started, they have always made me feel welcome and have always looked out for my well being. I believe that Prudential does a good job of hiring the right people. In my two and half years with the company, I can't remember ever meeting anyone that I had an issue with. In fact, each member seems to look out for one another. There is never
  more... a shortage of individuals who are willing to help out when a question arrises.

The most difficult part of my job is the somewhat high turnover. Shortage of staff leads to higher than usual call volume, and limits the opportunity for role expansion.

The most enjoyable aspect of my job is the feeling that what I do is very important. The individuals I speak to depend on me doing my job effectively because their livelihood hinges on it.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Limited staffing