Prudential Employee Reviews in United States

Job Culture and Satisfaction depends on Department
Project Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 28, 2016
Job Culture, Work, Life Balance depends on where you are located in Prudential. I was recommended to come to Prudential based on the Work Life Balance but was surprised when it was not the case in our department and is subjective depending where you are placed.
Pros
Structured and Organized
Cons
Isolated
Flexible hours is great.
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYApril 27, 2016
You'll have to be productive constantly and extensively to get paid. Great benefits. Colleagues and culture as well as support from the company are good.
Csp
Customer Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEApril 26, 2016
The job is great, people are great, I enjoy the Job I do, I highly recommend prudential to anyone looking for a job in the disability field
met new people
Food Runner (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 24, 2016
I would come in, restock anything that is needed such as spoons and forks . then wipe down the tables and get everything else ready.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no breaks
N/a
Financial Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 24, 2016
Was not there long enough to provide enough details on typical day on job. Was only there for a few months. I only received my licenses and left afterwards.
Productive and fast-paced work environment
Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 23, 2016
On a typical day I will take between 40-60 claim related calls pertaining to short term disability, long term disability, and FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act). I assist callers with questions related to their claims/policies and document each call in detail. I help new hires with any questions they may have related to the work involved. I'll work on side projects such as mailing and emailing requested documentation out to our claimants. I also present in team huddles where I discuss with my peers any updated or revised procedures for a particular client. I have also spent time with our claims adjustors to obtain a detailed insight of what the position entails.

During my time with the company, I've learned the policies and provisions of short term disability, long term disability and FMLA.
In addition, I have learned techniques on how to effectively diffuse an escalated call when claimants may become angry or distressed. The job often requires informing our claimants of bad news, and breaking this news can lead to escalated situations. I have learned how to document my interactions in a detailed, yet time efficient manner.

I can honestly say that I have nothing but positive regard to the members of our management team. Since the day I started, they have always made me feel welcome and have always looked out for my well being. I believe that Prudential does a good job of hiring the right people. In my two and half years with the company, I can't remember ever meeting anyone that I had an issue with. In fact, each member seems to look out for one another. There is never
  more... a shortage of individuals who are willing to help out when a question arrises.

The most difficult part of my job is the somewhat high turnover. Shortage of staff leads to higher than usual call volume, and limits the opportunity for role expansion.

The most enjoyable aspect of my job is the feeling that what I do is very important. The individuals I speak to depend on me doing my job effectively because their livelihood hinges on it.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Limited staffing
Hard hit Area
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  New Hartford, NYApril 19, 2016
The Mohawk valley is a very hard place to start a career in financial services. No really large or quick opportunities so expect to take 10-15 years before you make a livable wage.
Do not work in annuities.
Annuities (Current Employee) –  Dresher, PAApril 18, 2016
If you value work/life balance, do not work for the Annuities side of Prudential. Management is unwilling or unable to figure out how to do their jobs. And will twist any piece of feedback or suggestion into a complaint. If you are a working mother and request to see your kids at the end of the day, your considered a hysterical woman. Prudential is a fantastic company to work for but stay as far away from annuities as possible.
Great place to work at, work variety in the Administrative Assistant field.
Administrative Assistant / Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 13, 2016
I enjoyed everything I did at Prudential. Working closely with the State of Colorado dental claims was always a challenge and I enjoyed making the customers happy with following thru on their requests. Working with Underwriting was great to get our brokers, clients the information they needed for renewal requests. I loved typing and preparing the proposals for potential clients. Busy environment and that is what I loved. Pay and bonuses were good and I was always rewarded with an extra day off each year for perfect attendance. I loved this job! It was a very disappointing and heart breaking day the day they told me they decided to down-size and I was one of those selected.
Pros
Great pay and benefits.
Cons
Can't think of one at this time.
Great company to work for
Senior Fund Accountant (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 9, 2016
The pay and bonuses are rewarding to those who are willing to work hard. The department I worked in was pretty antiquated. Could've used some automation to lessen the workload, but then that could lead to layoffs. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.
Pros
Great health and performance bonuses.
Cons
No work/life balance
Approachable company
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 4, 2016
Well defined roles and efficient teams. Executives are competent and very cordial. I love the long hours and added perks.
Challenging Industry
Financial Advisor & Agent (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 4, 2016
Must be highly motivated, organized, tenacious, hard-working. Training needs improvement, set your own schedule, great earning potential.
Productive workplace with long term career potential
Intern (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 4, 2016
I interned in the Treasury Department where I worked on the quarterly planning and forecasting model for Prudential and analyzed company financials.
Excellent Company
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 2, 2016
Position provided many opportunities to assist buyers and sellers. Also opportunity to use professional skills and provided financial reward for successful sales.
Exciting and challenging profession.
Self employed realtor @LPrudential Florida R (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 31, 2016
Opportunity to interact with people and help them with the largest and most expensive investment in their lives. People depend upon a Realtor to be an expert in all aspects of the home purchase experience. There are many pitfalls along the way and it was my pleasure to guide my clients through this experience.

The people I worked with were exceptional professionals. It was a great experience.
Pros
Every transaction was different and a real challenge.
Cons
Every transaction was different and a real challenge.
Good Environment
Administrative Assistant/Sales (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMarch 30, 2016
I enjoyed working at Prudential, Everyone in sales were very positive. Management not so great. I loved working with the sales team and buyers and sellers helping them find their dream home.
incomm
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 29, 2016
I enjoyed working for them overall good company great managers good hours.. that's as much as I can say about this company.......
Pros
great pay
Cons
great team
Fun workplace
Investment Accounting Associate (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 27, 2016
The office environment is great for entry level people who just graduated college. A lot of fresh out of college new hires. Other co-workers are a little older with lots of knowledge to teach the new hires.
• Working as a Sr. Solutions Architect providing design, architecture
Sr. Enterprise & Solutions Architect (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 23, 2016
• Leading the program for implementation of FAEM (Finance Adjustments and Entry Module) via a single user interface for SGL (balances), Indicative/Contract data and Common Balances cutting across multiple source systems like GENESIS, SGL, CDA, OpsPortal.
• Leading the technical solution architecture & design involving integration with various applications/systems across the Finance backbone.
• Lead the integration of .NET user interfaces with Java/JEE backend for various applications for GFTS and FRO supervisors and deployment to multiple geographical regions like APAC, EMEA and NAM.
• Worked with leading the .NET and Java teams onshore and offshore & responsible for managing delivery & key milestones on various GFTS initiatives.
• Lead the program both from functional and technical aspects as well as wrote the design specifications (High Level Design document, Low Level Design document).
Awesome co-workers
Senior Customer Service Annuity Representative (Current Employee) –  Dresher, PAMarch 23, 2016
Awesome co-workers. Management sucks. I wouldn't recommend and pay is low. Excellent mentorship and ethics program. I would not recommend.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Low pay