Prudential Employer Reviews

You are a Number
Agent (Former Employee), Chalfont, PAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Friendly coworkers
Cons: Get your licenses and leave ASAP
Worked as an Agent, the corporate side is less toxic towards employees

No salary, paid commissions only. Training was adequate but has since been scaled back like everything else, in order to pinch every drop of blood out of their agents as possible before they inevitably quit. You are expected to sell terrible financial products that continue to scale back in benefits as the economy (and Pru's stock price) climbs. You can't get fired because Pru has nothing invested in you to begin with besides a few hundred dollars in licensing. During orientation you're pumped up about all the "bonuses" you can earn, which are really just a fractional -return- on what Prudential is harvesting off of you passively. Think of it as paying taxes twice, when you have no salary to begin with.

The medical benefits and 401k are quite good, but agency distribution only looks out for #1 at all times. The extremely high turnover reflects this. Compliance is also a nightmare to deal with and will spite you whenever possible. AVOID!!
Real Estate Company
Realtor (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZMarch 23, 2015
It was a great company. I'm not sure the company is still in business. The owner was very generous with the tools that she brought to her agents.
great place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee), Encino, CAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: free tuesday morning breakfast
The moment I walked in to the moment I walked out I was on the go. I loved coming to work because the agents and staff were so friendly. The Management was very nice and easy to work for,
Agency is in desperate needs of change
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 21, 2015
Pros: nice location
Cons: benefits, salary retention
Very limited assistance
Training is very limited and repetitive
Focus is only on sales of insurance products
Investment platform is very limited
Great place to work. Good culture promoting a fair work/life balance.
Manager - Financial Analysis (Former Employee), Newark and Roseland, NJMarch 19, 2015
Pros: great culture with lots of opportunity for advancement.
Cons: a lot of down-sizing was taking place there as budgets were being cut.
Great place to work. The company is big so there are many options for you if you want to look for other positions within Prudential. My hours were reasonable and there always seemed to be a lot of flexibility by management.
Great place to work at
Account Receivable Cash Receipts Associate (Former Employee), Moosic, PAMarch 19, 2015
I was working there as a contractor and I've enjoyed the environment and the people there.

they have a strong work ethic and diversity.

just glad to have the experience working at prudential with these great people.
Great experience Retirement Department
Admin Assistant / Retirement Plan Operations (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 18, 2015
I learned so much working with the retirement team, I appreciate my experience with the company and proud of the knowledge i've gained from being apart of the team.
It was fun management was always involved
Realtor (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 15, 2015
Pros: live close to off and clients base.
Owned rental property at the time and be able to balance out both was great. Working on clients paper and phone calls. When business was slow, The great part was the phones kept ringing at times.
Prudential
Senior Calculations Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Washington, PAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: employees
Cons: outsourced
The processing of Insurance policy requests which are premiums, payments, changes, cancellations, reinstatements, and refinancing are part of the activities associated with this position. Adhere to all Prudential laws, tax laws, and state requirements to insure a proper life insurance policy for all policy holders. Process all requests with sensitivity and quality.
Pros: employees
Cons: outsourced
Leave of Absence Manager (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZMarch 10, 2015
Pros: great work environment, excellent benefits and work/life balance, consistent management, plenty of opportunity for growth and promotion
Cons: commute is difficult and far if living in far west valley
Ample training is provided prior to being given clients for processing claims.

All procedures and processes are consistent across the board. All teams function in the same manner with the same quality standards.

Team work and socialization among co-workers is promoted on a routine basis.

Management is extremely flexible and fair and values an honest work/life balance.

A daily work load is very manageable and backup is always provided and available when needed.

Additional training and classes are readily available for anyone wishing to promote or learn a different skill set.
Excellent employer who provided me invaluable tools
Director, Process Management (Former Employee), Shelton, CTMarch 10, 2015
I learned how a multitude of areas operated during my time at Prudential. In addition to Customer Service, Sales and Research, I also learned about the strategy employed to make a multi-billion dollar corporation run efficiently.
Account manager
Financial Planning Associate (Former Employee), White Plains, NYMarch 6, 2015
Pros: Freedom to network and prospect
Cons: No guaranteed income
grassroots business building based on referrals and networking, all expenses,licensing, marketing out of pocket. Limited investment offering
Great Company!
Sales/Account Management Department (Current Employee), Sherman Oaks, CAMarch 5, 2015
Great company and excellent culture. Reputable organization...highly regarded; strong career path and growth opportunities. I recommend working for this organization.
Excellent work environment
Investment Advisor (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: flexible
Cons: not enough generated income
Supporting an advisor rather than doing all the sales-my main focus is managing the portfolios of the existing clients of the advisor. Great position but the income is not there to support my needs.
Job duties
CSR (Former Employee), Horsham, PAFebruary 27, 2015
I provided a professional and empathetic customer service experience to over 90 clients daily with questions and concerns ranging from basic policy clarification to death benefits requisites. In addition, I maintained all client files as they came in. With any updates and or notes for that account.
Helped me through college
Lead Cashier (Former Employee), Fort Washington, PAFebruary 25, 2015
If I could do this part of my life all over again, I would. The guys I worked with were team players, easy-going, and easy to get along with.
It had all the benefits of working for a large company
Office Services Associate (Former Employee), Iselin, NJFebruary 25, 2015
At the time I worked there, the benefits were excellent and there were advancement opportunities. I enjoyed my time there.
Awesome Benefits and Work/Life Balance
Administrative Associate (Current Employee), Roseland, NJFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: benefits, flexibility, work/life balance
Cons: ability to promote from within
Prudential is a great place to work. They have amazing benefits and they allow employees to work from home.

They encourage and require personal development, but when it comes to trying advance inside the company, that is difficult. Depending on what area you work in, there could be a lot of flexibility.

Co-workers are great.
Busy and chaotic work environment
PERSONAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Ocean City, NJFebruary 19, 2015
This was an entry level position. The office was always busy and the job itself was always interesting and non-stop. Ultimately, the pay and benefits where not enough to keep me their.

1 2 3 4 5

About Prudential

For more than 135 years, Prudential Financial (NYSE:PRU) has helped people grow and protect their wealth. We offer individual – Read more

Prudential Salaries