Prudential Employee Reviews

You are essentially running your own insurance business
Financial Professional (Current Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CASeptember 24, 2016
The best part of working for Prudential was the ability to have a work life balance. The worst part of working for this company was their Management... pretty much non existent along with their Training. You are on your own and if you ask anyone for their help, you better believe they will want part of your commission. This is a commission based position only. Prudential definitely lacks culture as well as office spirit.

The worst part of the financial professional position is that they charge you $500 a month for a cubicle... or $300 a month to rent a cubicle.
Pros
work life balance & benefits along with a pension
Cons
you have to pay to work there, commission only, draw pay structure, lack of management, lack of training
Candor not welcome
Management (Former Employee) –  Roseland, NJNovember 21, 2016
Associates afraid to speak up when they care about the company and want to make it better. Lack of management focus and VP's mostly need a formal process to make the simplest of decisions.
Pros
Mostly good remote locations, good pay and benefits.
Cons
Home office in Newark, NJ., Employee candor/feedback mostly not welcome., Has a strong favorites system, performance ratings not based on true performance results, lack of risk taking approach or innovation., Depending on the department mostly competitive within the financial services industry, I saw too many good people leave.
Great place to work - sence of community and comaradery
VP, Platform Services (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 9, 2016
I worked in Prudential for 16 years and left because my unit was sold. I loved to work for Prudential - it's a large company with endless opportunities to learn and advance.
I was fortunate to get an exposure to all Pru business units and analyze many businesses.
My team was great, we had a great working relationships and actually enjoyed coming to work. We worked hard and had a lot of fun.
Management at Pru Investments was very approachable, we had an Open Door policy - so employees could walk in with any questions, concerns or issues.
Pros
Benefits package, pension plan
Cons
I don't see any cons
Great company to work for, productive, limited advancement.
Specialized Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 22, 2016
My job was very complex, face paced, quality driven, project oriented, detailed with vast amounts of research, phone calls, meetings for process improvement, daily management reports, managing large dollar reallocation request for life insurance policies (same day processing), spontaneous, and the most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that everyday is a constant challenge and I am making a difference toward providing World Class Service, not only to our customers but individuals as well.
Pros
Lots of food days for birthdays, events, and celebrations, fun atmosphere with a variety of committees, awesome benefits
Cons
Limited advancement and pay
Great Firm
Director Managed Accounts Investment Operations (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 31, 2016
Worked for Prudential for many Years , Honestly one of the best firms to work for..
a typical day would consist of running a team of 15 employees, everyone would get along great almost like a family..we all had many years with the firm..
I ran the service Desk and the operations team.
Hardest part was the commute since they are located in Jersey ..
my day was very busy and went very fast.
Pros
Great Healthcare, Competitive Salary
Cons
Distance to travel to work
Excellent Company; unfortunately cannot say the same about some managers
Business Quality Tech Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNNovember 29, 2016
Unfortunately with the merger, it was necessary for realignment of responsibilities, which resulted in elimination of my position.

I would have stayed at Prudential for at least another five to ten years.
Pros
salary, compensation, people, location, education opportunities
Cons
nothing specific
Great Place, great people good company
MSBI Developer (Current Employee) –  Roseland, NJNovember 10, 2016
Excellent place to work. very supportive people and very good management group.employee benefits also very good. career growth also very good as always more opportunities to explore on different tasks.
Great place to work. Challenging and fun.
Financial Professional Associate (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CANovember 30, 2016
Flexible, entrepreneurial career at its best.
Awesome Team.
Good Benefits Options and support.
Create your own business and life balance.
Knowledge is power.
Pros
Flexible schedule and great compensation
Great starting point
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Marlboro, MANovember 7, 2016
Flexible work environment, great management with a great ability to make an uncapped salary. great for driven hardworking people who love competition and have a student mentality
Pros
great competitive enviroment
Good Company, Would Recommend
Director (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 18, 2016
Overall a good company and I would recommend to someone seeking employment. Been with company for several years and I've seen allot. The company is going through a transformation, that ultimately will be for the better. Generally most people are collaborative, supportive for each other.
Pros
Benefits, Work Life Balance, Employee Services, Emphasis on Health & Wellness
Cons
Lacking advancement opportunities for minority groups
Good Company
Financial Specialist (Former Employee) –  Roseland, NJNovember 14, 2016
Good solid company, good benefits. Your experience is going to be based on you business unit and department. Large company but run like little companies with their own hierarchy and clicks.
Pros
Senior Leadership
Cons
lack of training for managers of people
financial advisor for Prudential (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 28, 2016
Prudential offers some of the best compensation in the industry.
The management team works hard with each of their employees to achieve success.
The work week and hours are flexible.
positive employment
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dresher, PAAugust 24, 2016
Compensation and benefits are top notch. Consistant management, Advancement is acheivable. Flexible work and life.Great co workers, nothing bad to say,
Relaxed work Place
Financial Professional (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILSeptember 28, 2016
Flexible work place but 100% commission. Work hours are 40 to 60 hours per week. Management is fine. most co workers are good
Pros
Relaxed and flexible work place
Cons
Compensation is 100% commission.
Great place to work at, work variety in the Administrative Assistant field.
Administrative Assistant / Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 13, 2016
I enjoyed everything I did at Prudential. Working closely with the State of Colorado dental claims was always a challenge and I enjoyed making the customers happy with following thru on their requests. Working with Underwriting was great to get our brokers, clients the information they needed for renewal requests. I loved typing and preparing the proposals for potential clients. Busy environment and that is what I loved. Pay and bonuses were good and I was always rewarded with an extra day off each year for perfect attendance. I loved this job! It was a very disappointing and heart breaking day the day they told me they decided to down-size and I was one of those selected.
Pros
Great pay and benefits.
Cons
Can't think of one at this time.
Great company...Innovation is everywhere
Director, IT - Annuities Technology PMO (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJJuly 14, 2016
Good company with great benefits. IT projects are numerous and opportunities abound in many areas to work across BUs. People are generally interested and excited about the work they are doing. Collaboration is part of the culture.
Great company with strong leadership.
Sr. Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 7, 2016
Excellent company that genuinely cares about it's employees and clients. I enjoy working with the people in my office. The company works to maintain client relationships and develop new ones.
Pros
Benefits, culture, work environment
Great company, desire to move from sales
Financial Professional Associate (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJJuly 25, 2016
Great company and great colleagues. I desire to return to work I did previously from 1989 to 2003 as a financial analyst with PNC bank. Flexible schedule and great benefit package.
Pros
Good opportunity
Cons
No salary
Great co to learn
Disability Claims Manager (Former Employee) –  Roseland, NJJuly 15, 2016
Pru is a great company to learn; however salary is not competitive, managers are poorly trained and there is not much in the line of advancement
Great opportunites
Payroll Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJuly 29, 2016
This is a great place to work if you have a business or accounting background. Their benefits package is exceptional as well as their compensation package.
Pros
growth opportunites