Prudential Employee Reviews

Enjoyable while it lasted
Senior Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  Roseland, NJFebruary 22, 2017
I have fond memories of my time working for Prudential. The skills of my peers and immediate management were impressive and I made quite a few lasting relationships. However, my time there was limited due to the sale of their healthcare services to another company and my position was eliminated.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIFebruary 21, 2017
People are very kind and generous. Friendly to all employees and very polite to places of being located. Needs improvement on pay rates. Good training and trainees with positive attitudes towards their careers.
Pros
Lunch breaks
Cons
Great locations
Can't say much
Business Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 21, 2017
Worked here as a temp associate. Cannot speak too much for company. Not bad. Insurance is not the best place to work though. People are nice and building isn't bad,
Pros
Stuff
Cons
Stuff
Very Good Company Filled with Unprofessional Women
Associate (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 16, 2017
Excellent company to work for. But, the women are catty and petty. If you work here the best thing to do is to stay to yourself.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Toxic environment
Not strategic or open to new ideas
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJFebruary 15, 2017
The culture is not welcoming to new employees from the outside, the knowledge on how to get things done is not shared by long time employees. Its very political. Strategic ideas are never welcomed
benefits
Cons
not strategic or welcoming of new people to the company
Risk Averse
Ex (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJFebruary 13, 2017
Good work life balance & friendly co-workers. Technology outdated & needs major overhaul. Culture a bit dry and they do 360 performance reviews which are completely unfair - others opinions of you matter more then your own bosses - a complete popularity contest.
Fun workplace with access to Wellness Center and gym
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Dresher, PAFebruary 12, 2017
Prudential was a wonderful company to work for. They had such a great job work/life balance. You never had to worry being a full-time working mother. With the Wellness Center provided and gym you were able to keep a healthy lifestyle which is what they wanted. We were able to work from home when needed.
Pros
Great Benefits and Diversity
Cons
Favortism in department
N.A
Financial Planning & Analysis (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJFebruary 11, 2017
Your experience depends on the department you work just like every other company. The people who you work with will impact the outcome of your success. It's corporate at the end of the day.
Insurance and Investment Sales Associate
Financial Professional (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIFebruary 8, 2017
Outdoor Sales
Great Management
Good Workplace culture
Hardest part of the job was to make appointments weekly
Flexible scheduling is the most enjoyable part of the job
This job served as a great experience to meet and help people with their financial needs
Old Role
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJFebruary 7, 2017
Worked here many years ago but while there I waist various locations, so I got to work for different departments. I did enjoy the experience and I had GREAT managers each time that I built good working relationships with. As the years have progressed this company has become a corporate staple in NJ to work for. If you get placed in the right department, good things will come from it and it will pay off in the long run.
Pros
location, office cafe
Cons
None to think of at this time
Claims closer
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 7, 2017
I enjoy completing a claim from beginning to end with a agreeable resolution with the claimant. This involves settling the claim within the reserves and within a timely matter.
By keeping the claim on a diary this helps the claimant know that you are thinking about them and paying attention to their need.

Enjoy reviews from management. Helps me strengthen my work product.
Great place to work. Great culture, people and very talent-minded.
Executive Assistant to the VP, GI Compliance (Former Employee) –  Dresher, PAFebruary 6, 2017
I really liked working at Prudential. I had a wonderful boss and co-workers, and supported them in a number of ways, i.e. scheduling meetings, creating graphs and presentations, coordinating business conferences, etc. Prudential stresses such importance about diversification, honesty and integrity, and they have a very talent-minded culture. I was always taking classes or attending conferences to enhance my skills. I enjoyed it very much and was sad they had to lay me off.
Pros
Great culture, training, benefits, people
Cons
Got laid off due to a budget cut.
Financial Planner (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJFebruary 4, 2017
You are your own boss. One hundred percent commissions. You have the ability to grow your practice the way you seem fit. Be ready to work, but could be a great career
Great company, no flex schedule
Sr. Associate, Regulatory Supervision, CTR (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJFebruary 3, 2017
I worked for Prudential for 8 years. As much as I had bad days, it was still a wonderful company to work for. The compensation was fair, the benefits were very good. The only thing that would have made it better is if they offered a flexible work schedule. They are still behind the times on mothers returning to the work force, despite having MANY young female employees.
The disadvantages of the job.
Security Guard for Prudential (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIFebruary 2, 2017
The hardest part of the job was not having the materials to get the job done. The Ceo did not care if the job was going well or not. At the end of the day you have a relief it has ended.
I loved Prudential
Senior Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Dresher PaFebruary 2, 2017
I worked with Prudential for twenty years. My children grew up with that company. I met friends that I still have contact with. Benefits and compensation were good.
Pros
Relaxing environment
Cons
Management style was an eye opner
Associate Manager - Controllers (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJFebruary 2, 2017
The working relation between staff and management was close.
Management tried to bridge gap between staff and management.
During late nights work they ordered food for the entire department.
There were times when staff were taken out for a boat ride during working hours, day at the race and other events were organized.
Pros
thoughts of staff and did outing few times in the year
Cons
if you were sick for more than 3 times you were written up
Productive work place with positive team building methods.
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAFebruary 1, 2017
Researching and posting premium payments, contacting clients in different time zones to confirm accuracy of premium payments, when insufficient information is received. Running valuations.

How AD&D departments function.

Management is: very relaxed.

Work place culture: playful.

Hardest part of the job: none.

Most enjoyable part of the job: work hour flexibility
Pros
Flexable work hours
Advancement
Telecommunications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJFebruary 1, 2017
At the time advancement opportunities for woman were minimal.
Work Family Balance was encouraged. The most enjoyable part of my day was the relationships I developed with my coworkers
Expense Driven Ethos
Account Manager/Sales (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 31, 2017
The truth is, this is a great company... on paper. Like most jobs, the first 6 months are amazing and you quickly realize that people are both friendly and willing to work with you. However, accountability and communication is a major pain point for the organization and you should expect to take on the weight of several job functions. Further, the company has no problem letting 100+ employees go on any given day.. Teams operate in silos, communication is never clear and management tends to gloss over things.. a lot! Overall, it is a good company to get your career started in but if you want to earn money, get promoted, and be challenged (not frustrated) this is not the kind of place you stay long term..
Pros
Working Remote
Cons
Pay, Management, Turnover, Lack of Prmotions, and the list goes on and on..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prudential. Our community is ready to answer.