Prudential

Prudential Employer Reviews

Training Associate
Financial Service Training Associate (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDOctober 16, 2014
Acquired excellent skill set not limited to marketing, financial assessment and planning, interpersonal relationships and communication development
Productive and fun working place
Dot Net Developer (Former Employee), Newark, NJOctober 15, 2014
The Prudential Insurance Company is one of the largest life insurance companies that provide health insurance to millions of Americans. Electronic sales agent is a web based intranet application. Customer can get a multiple suitable health plans by walking through easy steps. Customer can register by selecting best suitable health plan from these multiple – more... quotes. Registration process involves reasonable information gathering, making the purchase process easier in the future for the user – less
Want to learn about processing disability claimes? Join this team.
Claims Manager (Former Employee), Livingston, NJOctober 15, 2014
Pros: being able to flex your hours or even your complete schedule.
Cons: half hour lunches and having to stay inside during the full work day.
I loved processing the disability claims for NJEA. I met some of the nicest teachers and administrators in New Jersey doing this job. There was also opportunity to grow and learn other fields as well which I took full advantage of.
Great company culture and they're dedicated to developing talent.
Financial Analyst Associate (Former Employee), Dresher, PAOctober 10, 2014
Pros: company culture, talented employees
Great company culture and they're dedicated to developing talent.

My day would start off with a morning meeting, which was motivating and good spirited.
Good corporate company to get into
Claims Examiner (Former Employee), Scranton, PAOctober 10, 2014
I really enjoyed working with Claims here at Prudential. The bosses were nice, as were the employees.
Great
Financial Professional (Current Employee), Sherman Oaks, CAOctober 8, 2014
Great company to work for. Great benefits, challenging but rewarding career.
Experience depends on what you bring to the table
Financial Professional Associate (Former Employee), Needham, MAOctober 6, 2014
Pros: scheduling
Cons: 100% commission, lack of useful experience in management
It was not what I was expecting. I got the feeling they just hire people as fast as they can to increase production. Its just a numbers game. Support was not there, my sales manager knew next to nothing and was only able to advance my knowledge to a negligible degree. The official training was more or less useless to me in the day to day.
My managing – more... director always wanted to help but it was not very helpful without the rest of the management being up to snuff. A lot of focus on getting sales right out of the gate and very little focus on the quality of training provided. Constantly had people asking me about sales/meetings/leads etc. If you go in with a natural market and money to live on for a at least a few months, I am sure you will have better experience than I did. In my opinion, being brand new to the area they should not have hired me at all.
That being said, management does want you to succeed and will do what they can to make sure that happens. – less
Flexible work schedule, ability to telecommute from home
Senior Medical Insurance Underwriter (Former Employee), Roseland, NJOctober 3, 2014
One of the benefits of working at Prudential was that the work schedule was flexible.
Interesting, rewarding and challenging environment
Regional Sales Vice President (Current Employee), North FloridaOctober 2, 2014
Pros: challenging, fun
Cons: distribution identity and product struggles
A fantastic job providing opportunities to work with first rate advisors and their high net worth clients in the areas of estate and business planning.
Entry level insurance sales
Financial associate responsible for sales (Former Employee), Portland, MaineOctober 2, 2014
entry level insurance sales. Lots of cold calling. If you can cultivate a relationship with a veteran agent, you'll be better off.
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 1, 2014
Handled incoming telephone calls for automobile & homeowner policies.
Great established company
Compliance Analyst (Current Employee), Iselin, NJOctober 1, 2014
Pros: decent benefits, great co-workers
Cons: commute, salary
Prudential is a great company to work for. The employees are like family and the work environment is very welcoming. I learned a lot about myself and will take what I learned far. Management encourages self development and enhancement. Hardest part of my job is the commute. I hate the Parkway!
Laid back environemnt
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 30, 2014
Pros: easy going environment
Cons: low wages
Great place to work. I had an administrative role and marketing which gave me experience in the industry.
Good starting job
Typist (Former Employee), Wayne, NJSeptember 30, 2014
Company liked to hire people with no experience and then train them. I learned a lot in my time there. What I didn't particularly like was that the jobs are so specialized. I did the same thing day in and day out.
A great place to work
Disability Products and Absence Management Intern (Former Employee), Roseland, NJSeptember 25, 2014
Everyone was always friendly and willing to help. If you're willing to learn something then someone will be more than willing to teach you. It's a very team-oriented atmosphere which was great.
good company
CLAIMS ADJUSTER SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 24, 2014
worked through a temp agency never hired on as a regular employee
Nice set up as a production line type of work
Real Estate Agent (Former Employee), State College, PASeptember 24, 2014
Big place with a bunch of cool people, and everyone is working together.
Typical Insurance Corporation
Senior Actuarial Associate (Former Employee), Newark, NJSeptember 23, 2014
It is exactly what you would expect: good benefits, good security, decent pay, good work/life balance, boring work, boring environment. It didn't help that I had a manager with anger control problems yelling at people left and right.
Great company, depends on which group you work with
RECRUITING (Former Employee), Newark, NJSeptember 19, 2014
Prudential is a great company and has a good reputation. Your experience depends completely on the group you work within. The company has several departments and all are managed individually.
Many opportunities to improve yourself and great benefits.
Financial Analyst (Contract Employee) (Former Employee), Roseland, NJSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: lunch and learn
Cons: it's hard to get a full time job there.
This is a great place to work, there are plenty of training such as systems update or changing policies in Insurance side and the benefits are great.

1 2 3 4 5

About Prudential

For more than 135 years, Prudential has addressed financial challenges for its individual and institutional customers. Today, – Read more