Prudential Employee Reviews

Love Working Here
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTFebruary 10, 2016
Supportive team members and great benefits. Lot's of changes that happen regularly so job security is always in question.
Excellent Employer with Great Benefits
Information Security Officer - GB&TS (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJFebruary 8, 2016
Prudential was like family. I loved the people I worked with and working for the company.Over the course of my time there I was able to work in many different areas and continually learn new things each and every day.
No advancement encouraged
Overpayment Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXFebruary 5, 2016
They start you out like any normal person but within months you are given more work as the person doing that work is moved to another department in india and you are soon doing the work of 3 people or trying to.
fun workplace
BILLING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAFebruary 1, 2016
Prudential is a big employer in many different department. I learned about some detail about the health insurance policy and learn how to process a claim for the client. The most enjoyable part of the job was nice friendly working atmosphere.
Pros
Nice supervisior
Cons
No overtime
Insurance University
Office Temp (Current Employee) –  Dresher, PAJanuary 28, 2016
This company is very knowledge and excellent in training of the insurance policies. This is soup to nuts of all types of insurances.
Pros
Insurance knowledge
Cons
short breaks
Great work environment
Account Manager, Agency Distribution Marketing (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 25, 2016
I have worked at Prudential for 19 years and it was always an exciting environment. A typical day would consist of working with over 2500 field employees helping them market themselves to their clientele and help them build their business. The hardest part of the job was to try to manage all of the on-going projects to ensure they were always on time and on budget. The most enjoyable part of the job was always being able to meet new people and help them with their business.
Great learning environment
Sales/Recruiting Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYJanuary 23, 2016
My duties were largely based around customer service, calling and receiving calls, inputting data using online websites and Microsoft programs, filing and organizing information. Great place where i was able to enhance my office skills.
Great company to work for, outstanding people and culture
Sr. Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 20, 2016
Great experience as a contractor. Too bad there wasn't enough work to continue. Loved my time here. Great culture and people.
Pros
Culture, work life balance
A Good Place to Work
Senior Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 20, 2016
I spent nearly 24 years with this company. I had the opportunity to travel a few times and was transferred to Florida in 1996 from Minnesota.
I made a lot of lifetime friends at this company and would recommend it to others.
Great work life balance
Senior Accounting Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 17, 2016
I worked for Prudential nearly 7 years and it is a great company with good benefits and work/life balance. The people are team oriented as well.
Great People with wide variety of job opportunities
Defined Contribution / Benefit Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAJanuary 16, 2016
Typical day at work: Log into all work related systems, including time tracking. Review lotus notes as well as outstanding work and prioritize daily workload. Complete departmental work within timing standards. Answer both internal and external client calls.

Learned: Prudential provides any type of training you desire. Can take internal online courses at any time to improve personally and professionally.

Management / hardest part of job: Management is driven by the work that needs to be completed within each departments own timing standards. At times, this would prove challenging to the team (more work, less people, more automation, etc.)

Co-Workers/Most Enjoyable Part of the Job: The people are what make Prudential great. Always got along with my co-workers and this made it more desirable to come to work each day.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Workload vs. Capacity
Day in the Life of a Prudential Financial Intern
Financial Professional Associate-Intern (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIJanuary 9, 2016
Working at Prudential Financial was a great experience for me personally and professionally. I learned a lot about myself and how to be a better, well-rounded individual. I concentrated a majority of my work day assisting the agency recruiter by phoning prospective applicants and scheduling face-to-face interviews. I had a lot of fun learning about different people and their backgrounds. Being able to communicate with people and "sell" the organization enabled me to grow as a professional the most. A small part of my internship with Prudential Financial was meeting with manager's of the firm and understanding where I fit in as an intern and also learn more about what the financial services industry entails.
Pros
Great hourly rate
Cons
Work Environment
Its a very energetic environment.
lead (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 5, 2016
I learned to be a very organized person and a great leader. Me and my co-workers get along well. Management is very good to me and my fellow co-workers. I enjoy coming to work and get on the job right away and other than that I like talking, laughing and interacting with my fellow co-workers.
Challenging and exciting place to work
Financial Professional Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 4, 2016
The harder you work, chances are the more successful you will be, using the standard measures. The difference from other industries is that most of the financial planners I know really enjoy their work. It connects them in a meaningful way to real people.The job can be stressful, particularly during economic downturns or when client expectations outpace reality. And if you’re working at a fledgling firm, you might work some long hours as you try and drum up business.
Depends on your department
Sr Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJDecember 31, 2015
Each department is different so your experience will be different. I've worked in two different areas and they were drastically different
N/A
Claims Examiner / Call Coach (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 30, 2015
I really don't have anything to say because it has been some time sense I work for this company, and I really can't remember anything how my day went when employed
Auditing of residential appraisals of relocating employees for their employers
Appraisal specialist/reviewer (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 30, 2015
As a former Realtor and having completed WA states appraisal course I was extremely qualified for the position of auditing the two or three home appraisals that were performed for relocating employees such as Coca Cola. The corporations had specific guidelines to be followed in order to buy the employees homes so they could be transferred to another location.

My job was to review/audit the appraisals for accuracy and compliance to the employers guidelines. It was a very detailed procedure. Each employers had their own guidelines. Their were also time lines that had to be met. If there were discrepancies between the appraisals it was necessary to resolve them with the appraiser.

The hardest part of the job was that Prudential's policy for upward mobility - that managers had to work in all departments to obtain a promotion. It was necessary for the auditor/reviewers to train their managers as well as do our own work. A manager often did not have the technical background to be able to evaluate our work or deal with upper management on time issues.

Co-workers would cross train and cover for each other for vacations or illness. Even though we had different companies we able to do this efficiently.

My most rewarding part of my job was being able to do quality reviews and auditing for my clients. One of my clients had worked with another less detail oriented co-worker and they were not happy with their reviews. As a result they required a Vice President to sign off on all reports. I was assigned that client and with in 3 months the Vice Presidents signature was no longer
  more... required.  less
Pros
Enjoyable working atmosphere.
Cons
Real estate market became depressed, employee reductions
Teamwork effective
Senior Processing Associate, Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJDecember 20, 2015
The company carried a positive work environment with a very diverse work force where all individuals worked together as a team to accomplish all tasks.
Management Training
Telecom Network Analyst (Former Employee) –  Roseland, NJDecember 17, 2015
The hardest part of the job was working under managers that definitely needed management training. It felt like I was Training my supervisor and they kept changing every year.
Pros
Programming
Cons
Work hours Structured, could not stay and work
A great place to start a career
Annuities Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Washington, PADecember 13, 2015
Overall, Prudential seems like an exceptional place to start a career and offers a great deal of job security. The customer service duties can be quite monotonous but there are always opportunities to move up in the organization.
Pros
Great benefits, vacation availability
Cons
Very corporate, typical office culture