Pruitt Health Employee Reviews

Appointment Coordinator
Appointment Coordinator/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 6, 2017
Scheduled patient's appointments, also retrieved documents from patient charts to send to doctor's office. Put schedules out on the different floors of the patients for doctors and nurses. Made doctors aware of patient appointments and follow ups.
staffing very poor
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 5, 2017
words can't explain the many problems that building has. staffing is poor, management with incompetent people in positions. resident's are not treated with respect or dignity.
Not worth it!
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Ridgeway, SCOctober 4, 2017
I had 10 yrs experience as a CNA and they still gave me the starting pay.They are always low on staff, so you will have to stay over rather you have family responsibilities or not, meanwhile they are almost never hiring. The nurses treat their CNAs with little respect and they play favorites. As soon as you learn what is expected of you they will change it, so yeah, your license is always at risk. People will always try to find anything to make you get fired or in trouble which I will never understand due to the lack of help. Too much drama for sure.
Pros
Starter Job not Forever Job, Beautiful waiting Area
Cons
Horrible Pay, No Respect, Heavy Work Load
Not a good place if you're seeking stability
Biller (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GASeptember 28, 2017
This company's policies are not with the employees but with the dollars you can bring in. There's never any money in the budget to give raises not even a cost of living increase. Each year the cost of living goes up, your health insurance costs go up but your pay remains the same, a few pennies more at best. You get no paid holidays except for christmas day and that's if it falls on a week day. Whenever they decide to close the office you have to use YOUR PTO hours. Upper management seperates themselves from their subordinates as if they are lower class. This is an everyperson for themself type of place. I must say however, there are a fistful of caring managers.
Pros
Cons
High healthcare, low pay, non matching 401k, No paid holidays
Not for someone who has a life.
Dietary Manager (Current Employee) –  Blue Ridge, GASeptember 18, 2017
They treat the staff as numbers and the residents like number signs. There is a huge disconnect between corporate and the nursing homes. They will not pay for experience or dedication.
Cons
Terible care for there staff
Fair.
MDS Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GASeptember 14, 2017
Pruitt Health is a great company to work for. I have enjoyed my time in Decatur and I have learned a lot while there. I would recommend working there to anyone.
Pros
Job Advancement
extremely stressful
Clinical Nurse Liaison (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GASeptember 12, 2017
Extreme pressure from management. Inappropriate behavior from upper management. inappropriate harassment.. Too many hours worked and worked under extreme stress and harassment .
fast paced
LPN charge nurse (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 31, 2017
I enjoyed working at pruitt. I have relocated to continue my education in nursing and had to leave my job in Augusta GA.The work environment at Pruitt is fast paced and a lot of responsibility, multi-tasking and time management are a necessity.
Pros
alot of overtime
Cons
can be very stressful
fast paced environment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 16, 2017
This job is fast paced and demanding. The work load is heavy. There are many different kind of residents and co-workers to get accustomed to. This is not a job for slackers.
Fast-paced
Nurse Navigator (Current Employee) –  Union City, GAAugust 14, 2017
Everyday is busy! I have learned how to multi-task. Management are willing to think outside of the box. That can exciting and innovative or chaotic at times
Pros
Have the opportunity to prove yourself
Cons
Many deadlines

Want to know more about Pruitt Health?

Ask a question
Not a fun place to work at.
Senior Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAAugust 13, 2017
The pay was competitive if it was a 40 hour a week job. However when working 50 to 60 hours a week on top of being on call daily the salary should have been much higher. Poor vendors made the job harder than it should have been.
Pros
Friendly department environment.
Cons
Software Vendors were not easily available to contact. Company changed rules on the fly
I hope change has happened
Activity Programmer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 8, 2017
I ended my job there in 2007 so I hope a lot of changes have been made. However, during that time there was a hostile workplace full of discontentment; which directly affected the well being of the residents who totally depended on the staff for the care. The company's other buildings did not have the same dark shadows over it, as a matter of fact I love the company; however the building in Columbia, SC has always had issues, in spite of the company doing well in many other facets.
Very nasty wrok place
HOUSEKEEPING (Former Employee) –  Estill, SCAugust 2, 2017
The workers are great and does a great job with their job and helpful but management is very slack with having cleaning supplies and things to have to do your job
Cons
we do a lot stuff at pruitt i love it there
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  slyvester,gaJuly 24, 2017
Pruitt is the best cna job I ever had I make resident happy and laugh and keep them dry when I get old I would like to be at Pruitt I love my nursing and the cna we work at teams and help each other
Home health branch needs overhaul
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJuly 13, 2017
There are things this company does really well, but the Atlanta home health branch could never seem to get it together during the more than five years I worked there. We would get assurances that it would get better, but it never did. Staffing was continuously an issue and the clinicians who were faithful were stretched thin. Clinician can feel pressured to admit patients even if there doesn't seem to be a plan for who will be able to carry out the plan of care.
Great company to work for
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaJuly 10, 2017
I really enjoyed my time at Pruitt. I had moved from retail to LTC and really enjoyed my experiences learning a different side of pharmacy. The staff and upper management were all wonderful.
A job with potential
Unit Manager, RN (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 10, 2017
Having worked at Pruitt Healthcare, I can see there is potential. Like all Skilled Nursing Facilities there is room for improvement. The corporate edict is one that promotes that the customer is always rights, but is is tight with the purse strings. I work in a multi level facility, but my floor has no scale. I have asked the EA for one for 4 months with the response" I'm working on it" and still no scale. As a member of management, I do fight for my and promote/fight for my staff, but feel I have let them down down due to "budgetary concerns". I would stop short of steering dedicated healthcare providers away, but I would advocate doing your homework on the facility you are considering.
Its not the best job and now it has gotten worse
CNA (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAJuly 8, 2017
I enjoyed the job for months but now I feel there is not family feeling seems as if Its not the place I want to be they don't care for there workers and it makes me feel you can't feel secure on your job after all you do.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Nobody seem to care
Poorly run . Poor staff retention . Favoritism runs rampid.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Blythewood, SCJune 30, 2017
If I could place job culture a negative value I would. Pruitt of Blyewood was a horrible place to work . Patient care ...... I would not recommend this employer and would NOT return .
Pros
Pretty building .
Cons
Short staff, Favoritism., Budget cuts in kitchen effected patients food. Poor snacks for patients. Inexperienced staff .
Does not care about staff or residents
DHS (Former Employee) –  Greenville, GAJune 28, 2017
The company does no practice their mission statement. They talk the talk but does not walk the walk. There is discrimination and harrassment on the job. Critical short staffing that puts licensed staff at risk as well as resident safety at risk. Resident activities is non existent! Bullying from management and corporate staff happens daily. No training centered for DHS
Pros
Hands on staff is close
Cons
No support from management or corporate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pruitt Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7