Pruitt Health

Pruitt Health Employer Reviews

Poor work environment
Nurse Manager (Former Employee), Macon, Ga.February 3, 2015
Pros: it provided an income for the time employed
Cons: poor compensation for workload, no resolution to addressed concerns brought by employees, poor health coverage plan and too expensive
I, as a designated registered nurse, within three separate facilities have found the workload to be overwhelming with little compensation. The upper management was unwilling to listen to any concerns to help provide a solution. I felt I could not rely on my co-workers in these facilities, due to everyone's dissatisfaction with the company and the workload.
A good place if you are trying to stay long term.
House Keeping (Former Employee), Swainsboro, GAFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: 401k plan
Cons: smoke free facility
A typical day would be teamwork and making sure the residents were happy, healthy, and comfortable. The hardest part of this job was getting attached to the residents then they pass away. The most enjoyable part of the job was the stories the residents shared with the employees.
Business Office Manager (Former Employee), Macon, GAJanuary 27, 2015
I absolutely enjoyed the job and meeting with families. I relocated to a different area and was unable to transfer with the company.
Its a good company to work for.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Elkin, NCJanuary 27, 2015
Good place to work for, very friendly staff, and very clean and organized.
Hardwork
CNA (Current Employee), Atlanta, GaJanuary 19, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the residents smile. A typical work day is filled with laughter because I keep my spirit high to soothe my residents. Co-workers are are caring and most are hard workers.
Don't work here...
pharmacy technician (Former Employee), DurhamDecember 18, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: everything else
Do not work here!!! If you can avoid working for this company I would. They tell you a lot of things that you want to here and nothing is actually that way. You work very hard and get yelled at saying you are not working hard enough. They pay pretty well because they have to in order to keep the employees. I will never recommend them to anyone and I really wish I had read these reviews before I took the job. Please be smarter than me.
that place is terrible
CNA (Former Employee), Brevard, NCDecember 17, 2014
Cons: everything
They employ restricted nurses which means the regular nurses have to work harder. Corporate sucks and it trickles down to management. Don't apply there. Fake activities for the residents and false staffing schedules
Stressful Enivironment
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee), Norcross, GANovember 15, 2014
Pros: nice lunch for a reasonalbe price
Cons: lack of care and concern for others
This company works more like a collections agency and not a helpful, caring facility for senior citizens.
i have learned how to be more responsibile
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Rome, GANovember 2, 2014
i have learned alot at my work place..i love my job as a cna...i have meet different people and love to here then]m talk about when they where younger...my co-workers are the best to work with we never have a dull moment
Poor management from the top down - RUN
RN Case Manager (Former Employee), South CarolinaOctober 31, 2014
Pros: compensation for working 70 hours a week
Cons: no life and you cannot say no.
High RN turnover. Use RN's until they are burnt out. Told "if you aren't on board, move on." Great compensation if you do not mind working 70 hours a week. Constant conflict in the office. Administrators are marketers or previous sales people which cause ethical conflict between clinical and administration. It's all about the numbers. You do not have the time to be the type of hospice nurse you should be to a population so vulnerable.
Lacks professional environment
Clinical Transitional Nurse (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCOctober 27, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: see above
There was very little management support/resources. My manager was based out of Norcross Ga and was never available, and he had little knowledge of the market in NC.

The company expected employees to pay out of pocket for expenses and to be reimburesed, however, the schedule of reimbursement lagged. I was owed over $2500 at the time I left, and this was money that was scheduled to be paid out 2 1/2 months prior to my leaving. I could not afford to continue paying these out of pocket expenses w/ no guarantee of reimbursement.
run run run!!!
Customer Service/billing (Former Employee), Norcross GaSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: benifits/everything else
This was the absolute worst company to work for. I hated going to work every day. Management very unprofessional horrible morale throughout the facility. Everything about this company was horrible. Pleas!!! I am begging you not to apply here!!!
High compensation for terrible everything else
Nurse (Current Employee), Durham North CarolinaSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: pay rate
Cons: hard work, cliques, discrimination, ridiculous expectations
The only reason anybody works with this company is because the compensation monetarily is much higher than other companies for the same job title, but trust me you will work for the difference. They pay more an hour for cnas and nurses than most other SNF but you work much harder, they are always short staffed, there is a culture of discrimination for one reason or another, age, nationality, "cliques", degree, and it is like many other SNFs "all in who you know". Corporate is based out of GA and adapts GA BON regulations although this is NC, there are things in GA that an LPN cannot do that they can very well do in NC but the corporate officials never take the time to look into NC BON regulations although this is the state they function in. There is much opportunity for growth within this company but only if you are an RN who is a part of the "clique" shall we say. Corporate would rather promote RNs who clearly don't have a clue than an LPN who had functioned in that capacity before, even if it was within the company. If you are an LPN who is lucky enough to obtain a position within the company and at some point management changes, your position will be advertised for an RN and be threatened although you have been doing it successfully for months or even years. Corporate encourages wrongdoing by administrative staff and then when there's a complaint to corporate that is valid they encourage a plan the exact opposite of what has been going on to the point that is discriminatory in a reverse capacity. Nurses are expected to work more than one hall at a time so on-call staff do – more... not have to come in or work as a nurse with no CNA, which can be a unsafe assigner either way by definition of nursing board & you are threatened with termination for refusing a work assignment or abandonment for those that don't know any better. There is entirely too much charting, double and triple documentation & although the company has a policy & procedure manual online which has 8000 policies in writing, it is not inserviced how to access it nor is it actually used...the management does what they want & don't follow policy. You are chastised for overtime & expected to get better time management but are expected to do the job of more than 1 person on the hall and in other positions throughout the company even outside if nursing period...the budget is ridiculous and they attribute it to the higher pay we receive but what it really boils down to is the bottom line if PROFIT...all they care about is the way the building looks, they actually have a thing called green sweep when corporate higher ups, even the CEO come to make sure it looks & smells pretty everyone the fact that it's fake and we always know when they're coming and everybody is miserable before you come and after you leave...I wish my part time job could give me a $7 raise, I would leave but that's the difference in pay. – less
A wonderful place to work; I would do it again
Senior Nurse Consultant (Former Employee), Norcross, GASeptember 13, 2014
Pros: good salary, insurance, pto, sick time, good place to work
Cons: sometimes the long drives after a tiring day
A typical day consisted of going into you assigned nursing facility and auditing a set amount of charts for various aspects of nursing, scoring each section and making recommendations on how to correct things found. Management was wonderful, co- workers were great, fun to work with and supported each other. The hardest part of the job was when you had been hard at work all day in a nursing facility and received a call asking you to go to another area and that area might be 8 hours away and they wanted you to leave right away. The most enjoyable part was the comradery between the co-workers and upper management, we all worked side by side, ate together; we worked long hard hours, but we still took time to play together. The accomplishment of a deficiency free survey or putting a facility back into compliance with State and Federal regulations was one of the greatest feelings of all.
love the patients
LPN (Former Employee), Franklin, GASeptember 12, 2014
every morning we would have a meeting with the whole team i thought that was great.
This particular facility that I work in under Pruitt Health Grandview is not organized or consistent on a professional level.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Athens, GASeptember 5, 2014
Pros: i was able to gain experience as a lpn and make a difference in someones life on a positive note.
Cons: enhancing the restraint to work in an un inviting atmoshere on a working level, staffing is poor, and employees are literally being over worked, and under paid and expected to perform efficiently
I am responsible for managing CNA's and monitoring up to 24 clients at a time.I administer medication,provide treatments per MD order, collect specimens,monitor vs,educate family and clients about medications,treatments etc. .I feel that there are a few in the building that exude the same passion and drive that I have for my job.I don't think that the management really value the direct patient care nurses.I think that everything is just handed off to the floor nurses for the most part and not enough help on a realistic note.I work with people whose work methods are defenitely not up to par where they should be whent it comes to providing the very best service you can.The hardest part of my job is working in an atmoshere where the integrity that I possess is not there and the lack of team work.The most enjoyable part is taking good care of my clients at the end of the day because they are the people I took an oath to care for and them acknowledging me for doing so.
rewarding place to work
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee), Moultrie, GAAugust 1, 2014
This place is just like home and family, we work hard, fight,and we play hard. but most of all we love hard especially those entrusted in our care, the residents.
Productive work place,
Financial Counselor (Current Employee), Estill, SCJuly 21, 2014
Pros: gratification of helping older adults
Cons: corporate expects too much of its employees
Company expects too much from their employees. Co- workers work well together and support each other. The most enjoyable part of the job is the joy you receive from helping the residents
run run now
NA (Former Employee), Atlanta, gaJuly 11, 2014
Pros: great residents & staff
Cons: senior managment
Pruitt does not care about the residents in its care or the employees. They only care about making a profit. Staffs hours are cut without warning or any chance to put plans into place to make sure the residents are cared for. Corporate has a unrealistic expectations. All senior management needs to spend a week doing each job on a line level to see exactly what a typical day is like. It is a shame to see a facility that was award winning and deficiency free for multiple surveys prior to contracting with Pruitt going down the tubes. Many talented long term staff members either have left or are leaving. Very sad.
Student
Nursing Assistant Intern (Current Employee), Brookhaven, GAJuly 10, 2014
Associate of Nursing program is an excellent program at this institution.

1 2 3 4 5