PS Salon and Spa Employee Reviews

I have had years of experience
Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 14, 2017
Very hard worker, many years of experience, a lot of expertise in cosmetology, love working with the elderly, have been doing it for many years, Was working at Rolland Park place a high stander community, love the peolpe and worked very long hours for 5 years, knew all my people by heart and loved it, looking for a similar environment to work in.
Over worked, under paid
Stylist, manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 29, 2017
They expect you to work full time with part time pay. They take advantageof you. Over worked, under payed. Stay away from this company. They tried to get their employees to write good reviews, because their ratings are so poor. Run far away from this company. Salon PS or PS lifestyles
Pros
Cosmetology, Lmt, District manager, stylists
Cons
They suck
Horrible Company, its all about $$$$$ not the seniors
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Hingham maJune 30, 2017
If you like being spyed on and scolded like a child , then you will love PS Salon. The management team couldn't be nicer, before we were actually hired!!! After you become an employee, you will be lucky if they ever respond to your text or phone calls. They interviewed us while eating their lunches, very unprofessional. They promised all sorts of improvements in the salon, all they actually did was clean the floors and put up cabinets in the back room. They hire inept managers, who are either untrained or very poorly trained. The amount of paperwork that the stylist have to do every day is utterly ridiculous!!!! Awful example of corporate America!!!!
Cons
I love caring for my seniors from my heart...
Stylist (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMay 19, 2017
I didn't appreciate SalonPS' 2017 new management team who were cut-throats and incompetent. I am an honest and very well liked person and I truly care about my seniors. I was involuntarily pulled away from my facility because that mean-hearted administrator had an unprovoked personal dislike for me and she definitely does not care about the residents who were kind of afraid of her. I endured emotional distress as I also know that my residents experienced the same upset once they realized that I was all of a sudden not there anymore. SalonPS does not respect and protect their employees, they only care about the contract. The pay is too low for all that we have to do as a cosmetologist and worst as a district manager.
Pros
Making the seniors happy and uplifting their spirits.
Cons
Healthcare, low pay, hairstylists and managers change too often, no tips are allowed at most facilities
Great relationships with clientele
District Manager/Stylist (Former Employee) –  Rancho Bernardo, CAMarch 24, 2017
I enjoyed the overall experience. I learned a lot from every client I serviced. I enjoyed the traveling required for the title I held. I'm proud to have worked for the company.
Pros
Real life work experience
Cons
Compensation didn't meet standard for hours worked
Rewarding place to work
Salon Manager and Stylist (Current Employee) –  Md City, MDMarch 22, 2017
This company is one that is ethical and thinks of well being. No long hours , takes appointments , thinks of the quality of life. They offer no benefits but the compensation is worth it to find benefits on your own! The company is continually growing which insures advancement if you are up to the challenge. The all around culture is great within these communities to know you are making someone's day beautiful!
Pros
Short hours, built in clientele
Cons
No benefits
Salon PS Great service for seniors
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  San Dimas, CAFebruary 21, 2017
I have worked for the company for over year, and have had many challenges and changes. I enjoy working with seniors, and serving them, have learned how to handle them, and enjoy working for them.
The company has had new management change in the year I worked for them, new manager is better and more communicative.
Overall, enjoy what the company does and helping out seniors.
Pros
working with people to better themselves, work at own pace.
Cons
adjusting to each retirment home or facility.
It's rewarding working with seniors. Compensation and prices to low.
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Buckhead, GAJanuary 30, 2017
50% commission Compensation and prices to low to make a living wage. The hardest part of the job is working with equipment not made for people with mobility or wheelchair issues. It's rewarding working with seniors.
Pros
working with senior citizens, built in clientele
Cons
no styling creativity, prices to low to make real money
Will not pay bills
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GADecember 2, 2016
This company does not pay you what you deserve. The job is amazing taking care of the elderly, but it's not worth not being able to feed your family. They lie about pay and just stay away from this company unless you're looking for work you love with little to no pay.
Pros
Elders
Cons
Pay, management .
Unprofessioanl, do not work for this company
District Manager/Stylist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 5, 2016
This company does not care about there employee's, hard work for low pay. Regional Manager has no clue what she is doing as well as corporate. Cheap company, no communication basically your just a number. There marketing strategy is all lies, what they promise is not what they deliver which has caused them to have a bad reputation. Cut out the middle man which is this poor managed company and get these accounts on your own.
Pros
Working with Residents
Cons
Poor management, cuts pay without reason, no value to there employees, high turnover, negative enviroment
Salon PS is a great place to go to work each day making senior citizens happy!
STYLIST (Current Employee) –  Riverview, MIJuly 8, 2016
Salon PS is a newer company that specializes in providing quality Salon service to all our senior citizens. They also publish a fantastic magazine that they provide free of charge to all the seniors. They call it a magazine, I call it a book. Its well done and includes everything senior. Including large print, pages for younger visitors, games and topics that will bring back memories.

They hire their stylists as employees. Then they provide all that we need except our electrical tools. If a stylist enjoys being with the seniors, its the perfect job for a younger woman.
Pros
Built in clientelle
Cons
The job is hard on your body
Friendly environment
Licensed Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 7, 2016
A wonderful place to meet new people and provide services to senior citizens to provide them with continuity of lifestyle prior to joining the retirement community.
Pros
keeps skills sharp
Cons
compensation is low
just dont do it! horrible company
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 15, 2016
They are very demanding and will not pay you fairly. Run do not walk..Salon Ps will try to sell you on helping the elderly, its so wrong.
manager unprofessional
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 2, 2016
You are having to do everything. From pedicures, manicures, waxing and all aspects of hair.
I started at new place and had to set most things up myself. Puting everything away and taking all rollers out of wappers etc. Marking labels for clean, soiled disinfected. Also had to get maintence to help put wheels on dryer and to hang different things on walls.
Manager never gave me support I needed as she was always to busy.
Manger told me because it was a new place would get salarly plus commission. Ended up I made $3.50 for 6 hours after commission.
Had to stay 1 hour after working to wash and dry towels for free.
This company and manager is not worth working for.
Worthwhile rewarding work
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 4, 2015
Seniors and children are similar in that they are hard work, but rewarding. The time listening to their stories is amazing. They love getting pampered so they look forward to coming in regularly. Customers are right down the hall! As a worker we don't pay for any products for clients.
Pros
Rewarding work, regular hours, commission pay
Cons
Time off can be difficult--normal for stylists in any salon, somewhat monotonous.
Good Luck
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 10, 2015
Each day was the same: a "bucket full of crabs". For the educated and hard working, your knowledge and experience will be left at the door because it doesn't seem to apply here.
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Terrible company to work for
Administrative (Former Employee) –  cleveland, ohioJune 5, 2015
The turn over rate is ridiculous. Corporate office has hired extremely incompetent Controller and accounting "supervisor". They lie constantly, benefits are awful and you are like a robot there. There is absolutely no room for growth. Awful awful awful miserable place to work.
Pros
Cons
The Accountant and Accounting "Supervisor"
envoronment
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 22, 2015
Management is extremely dishonest, environment is very quiet and somber. Accounting department refuses to change and improve procedures. Idea behind the company is great....... accounting department makes it a very miserable, depressing place to work.
Pros
work hours
Cons
management, communication
fun place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 14, 2015
i enjoyed working there you don't make a lot of money but if you enjoy working with the elderly you would enjoy this job. enjoyable and nice people.
do not need to work for this company
stylist (Former Employee) –  coloradoApril 21, 2015
you can find your own location and you keep 100% of the money,, no need for the in between guy you do the work for them and they take half of the profits, pretty stupid if you ask me
Pros
really no pros
Cons
you give some one half of the profits for what in return

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PS Salon and Spa. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6