PSA Healthcare

PSA Healthcare United States Employee Reviews

Friendly, efficient with real connection with client/patients, quality support.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLApril 7, 2015
Pros: flexible work schedules
Cons: low pay, minimal benefits
I love the office staff, they are friendly and efficient. I particularly enjoy my clients/patients and have a real connection to each one of them. This company has quality support for its nurses.
excellent per diem work
Enhanced RN (Current Employee), Columbia, SCApril 5, 2015
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: eyes on patient at all times
private duty nursing care for medically fragile patients, at times stressful due to family dynamics
rewarding opportunity to deliver holistic, total patient care
rewarding
LVN Nurse (Former Employee), Austin, TXApril 4, 2015
Usually work day ran smooth
the importance of the nurse for families of special needs
changed often
co-workers overall all their for same reason
when children would pass or be sick for a month
helping special needs and going to school with them
Home care provided
I gave extra care to those in need (Former Employee), Brockton, MAApril 2, 2015
To be able to walk into some ones house/home and give my full help in home and child care to a family less fortunate is truly a blessings. I enjoyed the 4 families I worked with and remain closed friends with them til this day.
love the one on one care enviroment
Pediatric Home Health Nurse (Current Employee), Daytona Beach, FLApril 1, 2015
this is a great place to begin your journey in nursing. They unfortunately do not offer any medical benefits, shift deferential, PTO or Holiday pay .
A good work place
Homecare nurse (Former Employee), Stratford, CTMarch 16, 2015
On a typical day, the nurse is monitoring patient including the ventilator and suctioning the trachea. This is a good working place but after a while it becomes routine for a RN.
With a positive attitude this can be a very rewarding career.
Pediatric Private Duty RN (level 111) (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLMarch 11, 2015
Pros: autonomy
Cons: shift changes d/t staffing issues (longer or shorter hours)
Supportive management. Opportunities for advancement. Intermittent staffing issues (short staffed). Positive team-player attitude throughout all levels of company. Lower end of the pay scale, and no benefits (vacation or sick time).
productive and fun place to work
Pediatric Care & Health Services Aide (Former Employee), Medical assaistantMarch 8, 2015
I felt fulfilled and loved every patient. liked working with the staff. the other staff was very helpful and caring.Hrdest part of the job was leaving for better job oppertunity is a new city. The easiest part was seeing and helping all the children feel good. I liked caring for each and everyone at PSA.
Enjoy
Registered Nurse. Level 3 (Current Employee), Winston Salem, NCMarch 2, 2015
Pros: one to one care
Cons: commute
I have enjoyed and am thankful for my position. Working with children and families has enriched my work day. The training and education has been invaluable to my education goals. My past work experiences have been updated to a new setting. The new skills in respiratory care and home setting care has increased my interest and knowledge in one to one care.
PSA Healthcare
Former Employee (Former Employee), Norcross, GAMarch 1, 2015
Company working environment is hostile to say the least. Upper management does not really understand medical billing guidelines.
Good
Field LPN/PRN (Current Employee), Metairie, LAFebruary 5, 2015
same company as earlier reviewed, caring for children in their homes, so that the family can take care of other oblongations.
The company as a whole, does not appreciate their employees.
Clinical Care Manager/RN (Current Employee), The Woodlands, TXJanuary 27, 2015
I have worked here for a while, both in the office and in the field. I felt like I was just a warm body to fulfill a purpose. I was not trained appropriately for the office position and when things were done incorrectly I was reprimanded for not knowing what was wrong and no teaching was done.

As for the field staff there is no appreciation what so ever. I have never once received any type of bonus or promotion for my field work. I have been told by families that I go above and beyond and am one of the best nurses they have had in their homes. The benefits are a joke at best. pretty much non existent. Overall I would say don't waste your time with this company. Go elsewhere and you will likely be treated with more respect and appreciation.
Just Not for me
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Port Allegany, PAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: good hours. clients. my location staff is great.
Cons: pay, orientation pay even worse, benefits, no breaks, no mileage reimbursement unless outside a certain radius.
Its okay for someone who enjoys one on one. I personally like working in a fast pace environment.
school health tech
school health technician (Former Employee), Fort Walton Beach, FLJanuary 16, 2015
• Responsible for maintaining student health records, developed care plans and held reporting meetings.
• Responsible for obtaining proper documentation administer and recorded all medications.
• Screened all students for baseline statistics. Screened for hearing, vision, BMI, and scoliosis.
• Responsible for enforcing school board policies and informing parents of policies and procedures through daily communication.
• Administer basic and minor first aid as needed while accurately documenting services provided in accordance with agency policies and procedures on the day of the services are rendered
Great place to work!!! Would highly Recommend to ANYONE
Valued PSA employee (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCDecember 29, 2014
Pros: flexibility for field nurses, great communication, very caring, very thorough training and making sure you are comfortable!
Cons: private duty- unpredictable environment, sometimes takes a while to find the right fit with a family
PSA Healthcare is a Great place to work! PSA is compassionate and caring and actually does go above and beyond for their nurses. If you look at the management team, at least in the Fayetteville office, they have all been in the field and are nurses and have worked with PSA for a LONG time. I really think that this says a lot about an agency. The Fayetteville location actually works with the nurses, cares about us, sends personal cards and helps us out when needed.

In response to "Loved my patient and family I worked with" review... I don't know of any job that allows employees to abuse the system as much as private duty nursing. I know lots of nurses that have family emergencies and call outs and they work with you. I know that one family emergency would not result in a termination with them, even if it were within your first 90 days of employment (like some places).

I know lots of times, families that we work with actually get tired of missed shifts and call the office to "fire" a nurse much quicker than the agency would take that nurse off the case. Unfortunately, I have found that sometimes, in those circumstances, that you do not get the truth from people, but one thing I can say, is this agency WILL be honest with you and keeps it real!

So, for any nurses who actually thought that this review helped, just remember, there are always 2 sides to the story.

So don't let someone, who we really don't know the full story on, ruin a chance for you to work somewhere where you are actually appreciated and thanked for what you- because I know lots of nurses at PSA that would have to disagree with this review.
Relatively new employee
LPN PRN (Current Employee), Elkins Park, PADecember 18, 2014
During the time I have been with the company, I like it.
The staff is friendly, enthusiastic and helpful.
Loved my patient and family I worked with
LPN (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCDecember 9, 2014
Pros: loved my patient and patients family
Cons: no hours, no benefits, unkept promises, no compassion
I would not recommend anyone working here. I started with this company and loved my patient and family I worked with although they promised me more hours that I never got, even when the family requested me as their primary nurse. They were always hiring new nurses giving away the hours that was promised to the nurses already working there. After 3 months I was terminated because my father passed away unexpectedly, I was unable to work for a week and had spoke with management about this issue to let them know on what date I would be able to return, they claimed I gave them a different date. How CRUEL to fire someone just because they lost a parent and needed a few days off!! The patients family was so upset over the matter that they also changed home health agencies. This company preaches that they have compassion, there is NO compassion for the nurses that work for them!!!!!!!!
Great job! Important to understand the dynamics!
RN (Current Employee), Ft Myers, FLNovember 16, 2014
Pros: 1 on 1 care, supportive management
Cons: prn work
I've read many poor reviews regarding pay, benefits, and job stability based on not understanding the dynamics of working in private duty. I have worked for PSA for over two years and have loved it, but it is important to understand a few things before deciding if this is the job for you :) First, all field staff are PRN employees, therefore this is not a position with benefits other than 401k with a 33 cent match on the dollar and a few other token benefits that change year to year. The job itself is working one on one with chronically ill children in their homes. Since you become an important part of the family dynamic it is important to find a good fit which may mean you have to change cases once or twice to find somewhere that you and the family both feel comfortable, but once you do many nurses go on to stay for years with the same patient/family. Pay is based on the acuity of the patient and not credentials. Medicaid decides whether the patient requires a LPN or RN to deliver care and reimburses the agency based on this decision. A RN can work a LPN case, but will be paid by the agency at LPN rate. This is not the agency trying to be cheap and only pay LPNs as I read in one review, it is simply how insurance companies have found another way to save themselves money. If you look up medicaid reimbursement rates for private duty nurses you will see the agency is not making very much at all and that dictates the pay rates. While you may not make "hospital money" you also will not be running around with 7 patients killing yourself. You will provide one on one care and it is – more... very laid back and rewarding. You also have complete autonomy within the limits of your plan of care, of course. You get monthly visits from your supervisor and can also go in to the office any time for education. There is also on line training available on many topics that you can utilize any time. There is always a staffer and clinical RN available to you 24 hours a day to answer any questions you have so support is literally a phone call away. If you can accept the parameters of a PRN job without benefits then this job is very rewarding and you will make a huge difference in life of a child and their family. If you require benefits or can't accept having a few days off without pay if your patient winds up in the hospital, then perhaps private duty nursing may not be the way to go. The office staff at this location is great and they are super supportive. You dictate what days and hours you're available and the staffer will offer you cases that fit your requirements. The office wants you to be happy with your assignment and is understanding if you request to change cases for some reason. They also have your back 100% if parents try to get you to do things outside of your scope of duty. All in all this a great job and you will really feel like you are making a difference in the life of a child!!! – less
I am satisfied with the work, except weekends,heavy lifting, and less socialization are the drawbacks. My education is not being used.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Aurora, CONovember 7, 2014
Pros: i enjoy taking care of children and adults.
Cons: working weekends stops socialization as a single adult.
PSA keeps us up to date with emergency respiratory care. They are very consistent about schedule.
Overall good company to work for
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee), Metairie, LANovember 6, 2014
The days are hectic and sometimes chaotic. there are times when you go in and never know what to expect . my coworkers are very hard workers. management is questionable

1 2 3 4 5