PSA Healthcare Employee Reviews

RN (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 22, 2018
I loved working for this company, i have worked with similar companies before but this one is by far the best. From the office staff to the clients, i have had a great experience.
Pros
flexible schedule, organized and friendly and competitive wages
Cons
this job feild does not pay enough but they pay the same if not more than other companies
Relaxed on most occasions, somewhat disorganized
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Powdersville, SCJanuary 19, 2018
Psa was an ok place to work. I enjoyed getting to know tge families in their natural environment, however, the whole process is slightly disorganized at times. The communication process between field nurses, supervisors, and doctors could be improved and the pay could be better. Overall, it is a good home health agency for medically fragile children.
Pros
Relaxed setting, fun getting to know families
Cons
Liability being on your own in the field, pay could improve
Great beginnings
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJanuary 18, 2018
I learned to collect on outstanding Medicare accounts
Collections competitions/bonus
Benefits
Vacation
Family Day
Not much mix culture
Management on sit all the time
Pros
learned experiences
Cons
traffic
Kids
Home Care LPN (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 18, 2018
The kids are amazing and some families are. Hardest part is dealing with opinionated parents. Great for first job to gain some experience. Nor guaranteeded hours.
Pros
Kids, families, weekly pay
Cons
Pay
Na
Accounts Receivable Specialist/ Medical Collector (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAJanuary 17, 2018
I enjoy working for PSA. The company offers quarterly bonuses and management is easy to work with. I enjoy being able to plan my work day at a pace that works for me.
The hardest part of the job
LPN (Current Employee) –  Clark Summit, PAJanuary 15, 2018
I loved working for this company. the staff is wonderful and willing to go the extra mile to help you. the only part that was the hardest was once a client moves away it can take anywhere from months to a year to find you a new client.
Pros
benefits, hours, staff, classes
Cons
travel time
Administrative Assistant/Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJanuary 12, 2018
It is a wonderful company to work with. It is fast paced company and I learned a lot during my tenure. Th work environment is great and had the great colleagues.
Cons
Loved the work, hated the manager and 0 training.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJanuary 11, 2018
Had 0 training from company. Quit do to lack of management competency. I had to fight to get up to date orders. It wasn't worth the stress. Sad it didn't work out.
Pros
Flexible schedule.
Cons
Lazy manager. Fought to get supplies needed and up to date orders.
Awesome for new nurses
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 6, 2018
Working pediatrics is very rewarding. Typical day included one-on-one care for a client. Great for new nurse that wants to get comfortable with basic skills.
Rewarding experience
Private Duty LPN (Current Employee) –  Hammond, LAJanuary 6, 2018
At PSA I was able to set my schedule and work any overtime I wanted due to a shortage of nurses in my area. The best part was being able to focus my skills on one patient and provide the best care to that patient. Management was easy to communicate with and express any questions or concerns to. The hardest part of the job was when my patient would enter the hospital because there was no guarantee of when I would be back to work. Overall it has been a rewarding experience compared to other places I've been.
Pros
Rewarding and availability of hours
Cons
low compensation
Very low pay rate, no room for advancement.
LPN (Current Employee) –  Greenacres, FLJanuary 5, 2018
PSA is a good job choice for a nurse who is a new graduate. It allows one to add experience on a resume. Management tries hard to be accommodating and that makes it easier. Other than those positives, PSA has many negatives that nurses should be aware of. Pay is extremely low and odds of you getting a pay increase are even lower. It's also hard to be in a patients house for 10 to 12 hours a day. Especially if the family is difficult. There are no paid days off and if a family cancels you are left without income. It's also painfully slow, most days are spent watching tv. If you enjoy being active and learning, this job isn't for you. Also, you dont get a real lunch; you have to eat in the patients room, which can be unpleasant.
Pros
Nothing really
Cons
Low pay, difficult families, no advancement opportunities.
Fast Paced
School Health Technician (PRN) (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 4, 2018
Working for PSA in the school setting was fast paced and interesting. You never knew what kind of problems the kids would encounter, and what kind of first aid you were going to have to administer.
Not this location
LPN (Former Employee) –  DuBois, PAJanuary 4, 2018
PSA overall has a good review, but this location is disorganized and not good to work for. They pay for nurses is great compared to surrounding areas, but they have few hours available to fill.
great
Customer Service Representative-Billing (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJanuary 3, 2018
I received a generous compensation package for the following month when I was only there for 3 months due to corporate closing the doors. Was given the initiative to do my job.
No gauranteed hours/ poor communication
LPN (Current Employee) –  Villa Rica, GAJanuary 2, 2018
Liked working with the pediatric pts in their homes but wouldn't recommend this job for anyone that has a family. No guaranteed work/ schedule even though full time hours are promised. No communication or return phone calls rom RN S oir schedulers. Trainingis are good and thorough for the c client tha t you ate assigned but trained on a patient and then patient was given on assignment to another nurse.woukdnt recommend this comoany.
Pros
Good training
Cons
Low pay and no gauranteed assignment
pediatric home care nursing
Pediatric LPN (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 2, 2018
I learned many new nursing skills working in pediatric home healthcare..some were taught in the office but most were learned on the job. Recently there has been much more training given by the company to the nurses before being sent out to work in a home, thankfully.
Not worth it
Lpn (Former Employee) –  Somewhere, usaDecember 28, 2017
Low pay, nonexistent benefits, cut throat environment. This company only cares about profits and operations. Patient care will always come second. It's not worth it for your license to be in constant danger for such a low wage and no benefits. If you ever see the company names Epic, PSA, or Aveanna run the other way!
Cons
Low wages, no benefits, no hours
Great place to work while balancing military life
LPN- Private Duty Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCDecember 27, 2017
PSA was a wonderful company to work for. I was very sad to leave the company, but due to unforeseen circumstances I had to relocate. I would recommend PSA to friends and family, as they are very family friendly, allowing you to choose the days you work, and the days you may need off for Dr. appointments/dental appointments or just life. Being a military wife, this came in very handy.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
not enough PRN nurses, leaving families without care if you had to call out
Good place to work. I have recommended it to other nurses.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Elgin, ILDecember 23, 2017
A very good place to work. I was part time by choice. The on-line training and in-service training was great. The managers and office staff were co-operative and easy to work with.
Pros
flexiable hours
Don't work here
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  GADecember 20, 2017
They do not pay you all the hours you work. I get shorted a minimum of 6 hours a week on my paycheck. Then all I get is excuses of why I'm not getting my full pay.
Pros
Good for when getting higher degree
Cons
Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PSA Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.