PSA Healthcare

PSA Healthcare Employee Reviews

Great place to work as a new nurse
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 6, 2016
PSA Healthcare is a great place to work. They hours are flexible. An employee can work as many or as few hours as they choose. There is not a lot of interaction with other nurses or other employees. I am able to provide one on one quality home healthcare to children and families in need. This has been a great experience for me as a new nurse. With the flexible hours I am able to attend school to further my education. The downside is I am not gaining any new nursing experience. There is no advancement opportunities or pay raises. The enjoyable part of the job is having the time to focus on one patient and getting to see patient improvement over time. Management is always a phone call away to answer any questions or concerns.
Free For ALL
Staffing and Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 4, 2016
While this organization has the potential to be great in this area, ( as it is in other areas) poor leadership, communication, absence of any organizational structure will keep this place floundering.
Pay substandard, working envirnment depends on clients.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Greenacres, FLDecember 24, 2015
I enjoyed PSA but was hounded constantly to take cases that I did not want to take. Had to be firm and pick cases carefully. Management not always in touch with real needs/what is medically appropriate for clients and nursing can be stuck in the middle between what they have promised and what is realistic and ethical.
Pros
Pick own cases
Cons
Untrained office staff, lots of turnover in that staff.
Flexible Scheduling
HHA/CNA (Former Employee) –  State College, PANovember 9, 2015
Great company! Flexible scheduling. The more flexible you can be, the more hours you will get. Base rate is competitive and they offer differentials for shift worked.
Great workplace! Very organized and accommodating to the employees.
Per Diem RN for pediatrics (Current Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILOctober 18, 2015
Supportive and flexible management and staff. Enjoyable part of the job is you're not just a nurse for the child, you're part of a family.
Pros
flexibility of schedule
Cons
none that I can think of
PSA Healthcare
Full-time LPN (Current Employee) –  South Barrington, ILOctober 6, 2015
PSA Healthcare is a great agency. We work as a team and value our patients. We care for them and do the best we can to practice within the scope of Nursing, save lives and teach our patients' guardians how to maintain their health.

The hardest part of the job is facing the budget cut. Despite all, we PSA Nurses still continue providing quality care to our patients with a smile in our face because we care.
Variety of pediatric patients
RN, Pediatrics (Current Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILSeptember 28, 2015
Decent place to work. Can create your own schedule. I haven't had a chance to work with new computer system. Office staff very nice.
Low pay
Registered Nurse- Pediatrics (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 18, 2015
PSA in Jacksonville has decent management, and flexable assignments. Did not like the feeling of being a babysitter. Home health is with pediatrics is not fun because you have to deal with parents as well as try to stay within your job guidelines.
LPN Home Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  Elkins Park, PASeptember 17, 2015
Good place to work because I get to spend time with the patients. I'm not burnt out by the end of the shift. Flexible to your lifestyle. Love working with children.
Pros
Can spend quality time with patients
Cons
hours are not guaranteed
Horrible Place, Horrible environment
Collector (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GaSeptember 3, 2015
I wouldnt suggest anyone to work at this place the Turn over rate is 90% they just got out of a lawsuit for medicaid medicare fraud. The Management sucks, The employees feel like this is a club, very unprofessional, and unstable place to work.
Pros
Cons
Everything about this place
Commitment to both patients and employees
Location Director (Current Employee) –  West Palm BeachSeptember 3, 2015
PSA has a great reputation for providing quality care and plenty of support to all employees both in the office and out in the field. There is a lot of training opportunities and opportunities to grow with a company that is leading the industry in quality home care. Flexible schedules and plenty of work opportunities are some of the greatest benefits of working with PSA. PSA has a strong leadership team in place that is working towards ensuring that our getting the recognition and acknowledgment that they deserve! On top of being a great company, caring for medically fragile children is incredibly rewarding and allows the nurses to increase their skill set with one on one patient care. I personally wouldn't work this hard for a greater cause and I love what I do!
Pros
Flexible schedules, Support, training oportunities, Reliable schedule
Cons
High demand for work, Last minute call outs, Varying schedule
Caring company with staff who are always there to help
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 3, 2015
Management is very involved in communications with staff and families. Office staff is always willing to help and go above and beyond to assist. The hardest part of the job is exhausting all of your options and still not being able to help.
Pros
Flexibility
Excellant Company to work for
LPN (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYAugust 28, 2015
I enjoyed my employment with PSA. The management was attentive to its staff and always addressed concerns in a timely manner. Training for the case assigned was always ensured for patients safety and the employee. I felt the pay was average for the case I worked. I only gave up the position because I moved out of state.
Enjoyed working for the company, benefits were fair, job security questionable,job culture great
Staf Nurse, Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Brockton/Plymouth, MaAugust 27, 2015
Nice place to work, typical day was case visits, working in the office updating 485's, collaborating with director and peers, I learned on to be an effective manager and make good and safe decisions, the hardest part of job was getting use to very ill pedi clients as I always did adult patients.
Great environment with excellent support
Location Director (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaAugust 24, 2015
PSA provides a great working environment with a true family feel. You can really on upper management for quick responses and always feel welcome no matter what office you visit. PSA is the top tier in this industry and no other companies rival their dedication to clinical excellence
Pros
Positive team environment
Cons
N/A
An Appreciated and Satisfied Employee
Sourcing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 20, 2015
I have been employed at the corporate headquarters of PSA Healthcare for over 3 years.

During the course of my employment with PSA I've been well managed, encouraged to grow and learn, utilized to my full potential, appreciated, appropriately compensated for my work, and I've been given multiple opportunities to advance my career. All the while the goals and mission of company are such that I feel gratified at the end up my day knowing that everything we do is ultimately done to provide outstanding support and care to our patients and their families.
Great company with incredible mission
Chief Business Operations Officer (Current Employee) –  United StatesAugust 20, 2015
I've worked at PSA Healthcare since January 2009. I can honestly say that I've never worked with a finer group of people! From the nurses who work in our patient's homes, to the schedulers and clinical managers in our branches to the Location Directors and Regional VPs to everyone at the corporate office, to a person, every single one of them strives earnestly to contribute to our mission of providing the very best care to the patients and families we serve. That is to provide Trusted Care. Everyone at PSA takes their obligations to the patients, the families, the payers and regulating bodies, the referring hospitals and physicians and to one another very seriously indeed. I'm proud to say I'm part of this great organization that strives every day to make a difference in people's lives!
Pros
the mission, the people, the values
Cons
Wish we could do more each day.
Valued and Supported
Corporate Office (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 20, 2015
I've worked at PSA for 5 years and plan to continue for the foreseeable future. My supervisor recognizes talent and potential and has given me more projects and responsibilities based on my abilities. I feel incredibly valued here at PSA.

I did not have a formal "training plan," due to the small size of my department, but my supervisor is always available for questions, as are other managers and department directors.

It is absolutely a fast-paced work environment, but it's great to be at a company that places importance on changing and progressing to make things better.

I am so grateful to PSA for giving me this opportunity 5 years ago - this is a great place to work!
Pros
Supportive, Fast-Paced, Evolving
Great place to work!
Area Director (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 20, 2015
As a nurse, I have enjoyed my time with PSA Healthcare. The company has a culture of excellence and commitment to providing the best quality care to medically fragile children.

I am most impressed with the training that the nurses receive. Updated education is rolled out frequently. The office team is energetic and often volunteers their own time to work in the community.

The most difficult part of the job is losing a patient, however being able to be there for the family makes it worthwhile.

I recommend this company if you love children, want to make a difference every day that you work, and love to continually learn in the area of nursing.
private care
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 11, 2015
Private care. One on one remains pretty much stress free. Nice working with parents and families. Able to make a change in their lives.
Pros
individual care/one on one