PSA Healthcare Employee Reviews

PSA healthcare
Desktop Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 25, 2017
-Well rounded group of teams to work with and for.
-Monetary is compensation is good
-Great opportunity to for growth involving projects, and process improvement
Great Company to work for!
Dedicated Employee! (Current Employee) –  NCMarch 25, 2017
They are a great company to work for! They will train you and give you all of the tools to make you successful. There are opportunities for advancement within the company!
healthcare
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 24, 2017
good company too work for good benefits most hardest is the patients being sick and you create a personal relationship with them good customer service
Great place to work until we got a new manager
Payroll and Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Martinez, GAMarch 21, 2017
Management can make or break an office. In this case the Director has 4 or more case managers quit and soon I did the same.
Working with management that doesn't actually work is the worse stealing in my opinion.
Pros
Great Company, Wonderful Co Workers, Awesome Rewards
Cons
Getting a lousy Director
fun working with mental disability
Step (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 21, 2017
Give them the medicine and make sure they get ready for the day. I learned that I have a lot responsibility to take care to make sure the client is ready before going to anywhere
decent
Recruiter for LPN and RN Home care nurses (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 16, 2017
great place to grow and learn new material with recruiting. open door lunches time off benefits making job offers to LPN and RN (experienced) flexibility schedule
Awsome schedule, no bennifits
Health tech (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 13, 2017
The company as a whole id okay. The schedule is awesome. Monday through Friday with holidays and school vacations off. The only bad thing is that on those days off, there is no pay. They also do not offer benefits or any chance in advancement. The job is great for someone retired of someone who is just working to pass the time but defiantly not one that you want to rely on to support a family. (Especially on that income alone)
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
low pay, no health benefits
Considerate scheduling, caring staff
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 10, 2017
PSA does a good job training and orienting staff to ensure that their patients are well cared for. They are flexible in scheduling and work hard to meet the needs of their patients and staff.
Pros
flexible scheduling. Good training
Cons
seasona work speed, nice coworkers bad management
executive summaries and newsletters (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 27, 2017
Summers are busy, lots of mandatory overtime
winter is slow, lots of people forced to go home because it is slow
Management is strict and unfair, treats everyone unfair and disrespectful
Hardest might be feet hurting from so much walking
most enjoyable is helping and meeting new people
Pros
Tips
Cons
Management isn't respectful to employees, denies lunches
Low pay, flexible schedules, no benefits.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 24, 2017
Below average pay, no benefits but there is flexibility. Flexibility is about the only positive thing about working for PSA. There are other home health agencies out there that pay more, provide health benefits, and are flexible.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Poor pay, no room for advancement, no health benefits, high turnover.
Great work place
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 23, 2017
Great people, would like more days only working 1 days per week, Focused on team work. Work place culture is great, Learning a lot working with toddlers,
Pros
Great team
Cons
not enough work time
Great place to work, flexible schedule, good management, good cases
Private Duty LPN (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXFebruary 16, 2017
I've worked for PSA for close to a year now and have genuinely enjoyed the experience. I never imagined working with pediatric patients long term but this job has given me the confidence to pursue it. They have good cases versus other PDN agencies. Most of the families are quite decent and the patients are mostly stable. Management is great too and so is scheduling. I've been in school the entire I've worked for the company and have had a very flexible schedule and the schedulers really work with you. And the pay is better than most places too. Not every case is perfect or the right one for every nurse but management is pretty accommodating and won't force you into a case you're uncomfortable with. Plus we have electronic documentation. I've had an overall great experience.
Pros
Good pay, flexible schedule, good management, electronic documentation
Cons
Lunch break on your spare time in the pts home
Educational
LPN (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, WAFebruary 16, 2017
Working for this company is very educational. Nurse learn to work with medically fragile children, The hardest part of the job is when one gets attached to a child and then their health fails and you watch them pass away. The best part of the job is the one on one patient care and the relationships nurses make with these patients. I was able to learn how to care for children on ventilators to gtubes.
Pros
The education to care for any one no matter what level of care they need.
Cons
No consistent patients or hours.
Staff is very kind and professional
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Elkins Park, PAFebruary 15, 2017
I am glad that PSA chose me to be a part of their staff. They are very nice and professional and make my nursing experience worth while.
Pros
Continuing education
Cons
Short breaks
Always maintained Nursing Standards of Practice
Clinincal Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MAFebruary 11, 2017
I would return to work for PSA Healthcare. As a Clinical Director Always had clinical support from the vice president . of Nursing Services.
Pros
good benefits innovated company
Cons
traveling distsnce
Enjoyed working with pediatric population
RN (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 7, 2017
Driving to patient's homes and providing nursing care. Learned to become independent and confident in the care I provide. Management would be one call away and not necessarily behind your back. Hardest part is not knowing what your environment will consist of since the care does take place at a patient's home. Mostly enjoyed working with kids, I love working with kids and would do it again but in an acute care setting.
Pros
working with kids
Cons
driving to patient's homes
Good company overall
LPN (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAFebruary 7, 2017
Good management, always try to help out employee problems. Working environment at patient's home is comfortable and secure. Get paid on time, no other benefits.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
pay rate is lower
Changed management from CEO and below
Nurse (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 31, 2017
It became more of a money maker instead of a company to help children and their families and switched from pediatrics only to all ages. We were set apart more with doing Pediatrics.
Cons
expensive benefits
Helping Those In Need
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Clarks Summit, PAJanuary 23, 2017
I get to help those who are mentally an physically disabled, with their daily wants and needs. My typical day involves, helping my clients achieve their goals and having companion time with them. The hardest part of my job, is when my clients get frustrated when unable to achieve their goals. My favorite part of my job, is spending time with my clients.
Pros
getting to know new people, flexible hours
Cons
can be exhausting, difficult at tiem
Make your own schedule
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 17, 2017
This place is great the familys and patients are wonderful to work with. Management is good. NO benefits pay is ok but could be better. need to be able to know what to do because your on your own but management is aways a phone call away encase you have questions
Pros
make your own schedule.
Cons
no health care benefits or paid time off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PSA Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.