PSA Healthcare

PSA Healthcare Employer Reviews

Flexible schedule
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Greensboro,NCApril 8, 2014
Flexible schedule that meets your specific needs. Competative salary and great benefits.
Love my " one" client
LPN (Current Employee), Macon, GAMarch 31, 2014
Pros: pay decent, only work two days
Cons: no breaks, small amount of hours and being thrown in on cases you know nothing about.
This was my first job after looking for a while. Was very happy about it and excited to workin pediatrics. I have a great pt and family, but it does seem like babysitting. And I cannot get another client and get very few hours. Don't know what the problem is bc they supposedly have PTs everywhere. Coworkers? What are those? I work with one other person – more... I never see, but acts like my boss. Just chalk it up to just being a job... – less
Hours available are not consistant
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Savannah, GAMarch 10, 2014
Care of medically fragile children. I learned how to care for children on vents. Management does not reward hard work. It is difficult to maintain enough hours to work. Work has been sporatic. Caring for children is the enjoyable part of this job.
Unprofessional
Pediatric Home Healthcare Nurse (Current Employee), NJMarch 5, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: low pay, unprofessional
Too many miscommunications. They don't call to let you know about schedule changes so you show up at the patient's house only to find out your shift is canceled. No one takes responsibility for any miscommunications.
Great experience working with the disabled
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: spending time with children
wonderful working with children who have disabilities, great satisfaction. I have been working with a child who uses a g-tube and I am able to disconnect and clean it. Its a great job to have I enjoy the work place and my co-workers. I just need to have full time hours.
Excellant opportunity to work with children
LPN (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: working with children, education, support, flexible scheduling
Cons: pay could be better
LOVE my job here!!!! The families are great, the children are precious, pay is on the low end but I work here because I love it...not because of the pay!
Someone is always available in the office to answer any questions I have, whether it's a clinical question or regarding staffing...or anything else I have to talk about!
Office girls are so helpful – more... and kind when you call or stop in.
The staffer always works around my schedule.
The director of nursing is very knowledgable and takes time educating.
Overall, I think PSA is a GREAT place to work and does an amazing job helping families and patients that really need it! – less
decent, but totally depends on who your patients are
Private Duty Nurse (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: highly independant work, no one looking over your shoulder all the time, flexible schedule if they have open slots when you are available to work.
Cons: pay very low for home health, luck of the draw whether or not your patient and their family will suit you.
Completely objective review: the REAL truth is that your experience working with PSA completely depends on the patient and the patient's family where you are assigned to work.

The ADL's part of the shift is the hardest part of the day. I worked with one patient every other weekend, but he was older and extremely histrionic, which made for a very frustrating – more... day.

Pretty much, you are left to your own devices with minimal supervision, which is good if you are a knowledgable nuse...bad if you are not and have lots of questions.

If you get along with your patient and the family, your experience will be good. If your patient and family are jerks or annoying to you, you will hate it..and THAT is the bottom line truth about this job. – less
Home care give portray different prospective of nursing
Registered Nurse, Pediatric Population (Current Employee), Sparta, NJJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: autonomy
Cons: poor salary
As new registered nurse home care was not my first option. When I started my new position as an RN, I learn that home care not only give autonomy compare hospital environment; you also become part of the patient family. You advocate for them and became friend, the most important person for them. Nursing is more than delivering medical treatment. In – more... home care you treat the patient and the family as well. You become a good listener. Nurse have total control managing patient care, you build strong communication skills a key component in nursing. I also have good communication with the patient multidisciplinary team working conjunction to optimize out patient health status. – less
knowledgeable
Certified Nursing Assistant/Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Brockton, MAJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: family environment
Cons: no healthcare
Caring for any child can be fun and rewarding. I have grown attached in so many ways.
horriable place to work
RN (Former Employee), tampa,flJanuary 22, 2014
Cons: low wages, lack of staff
worse job i ever had. they send you to nasty, roach infested homes for little pay. they dont care for their employees no raises no type of bonus for long drives poor management always changing staff. stay away from that company
Excellent
HR and Staffing Manager (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 16, 2014
Great Company

typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
YOU FEEL VERY HELPFULL
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Brockton, MAJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: works with your time
Cons: not enough hours
FEEDINGS , SHOWER ,PLAY WITH PT
VITAL SINGS
AND FALLOWED CARE PLAN
if you get the job, don't stop job hunting.
LPN (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 29, 2013
Pros: tons of hours, wonderful patients, would work with days off/availability
Cons: pay, short staffed, constently changing management, not organized
PSA was my first LPN job. I got one day of training, which I found alarming because of the acuity of my patient. I loved my patients and families but the work was so boring! basically babysitting. No enough staff, probably because of the low pay and nonexistent benefits. The office staff has changed so much in the three months I've worked here, which – more... says alot about the company. PSA doesn't care about the patients, families, or nurses. We're all just dollar signs to them.
All that being said, if you want to work a million hours a week basically just babysitting or hanging out, this maybe the job for you. – less
Very Unprofessional Company to Work For
Clinical Care Manager (Former Employee), Cary, NCDecember 9, 2013
Pros: nationwide, cares for sick children
Cons: very low pay, poor management
I was hired as a clinical care coordinator and never quite had an experience like I had at this company. I enjoyed the working part of the job itself, and was responsible (so it was said anyway) as part of the hiring process. I have never seen such unprofessionalism. The scheduler runs the office. She is rude to callers, yells over the phone at other – more... employees and patients families, and intimidates the office staff. I am puzzled by how this company is set up, it gives the scheduler position way too much power, and if one places a power hungry person in that place it is a recipe for disaster. I dont know why they continue to allow her to be there. The best advice I could give is - look somewhere else. This is not a good company to work for. – less
Flexible hours, long drives
LPN - Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee), clermont, floridaNovember 29, 2013
Pros: can be easy
Cons: can be very boring, feels like baby sitting, low pay
I have worked any where from 8 hr nights to 12 hr days and drive anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour+ one way. This is home health so the atmosphere really just depends on the family you are working with, I personally feel like I am not learning anything from this job, as a new nurse I am not developing skills that I need for working in an office or – more... hospital. This type of work seems more reasonable for a nurse looking to have an "easy" job or for a student. The pay is the lower end for LPNs.
No shift diff, weekend pay, holiday pay, PTO
I gave 2 stars for security b/c if a family decides they don't need care, don't like you or there is no available cases then you are just without the hours. – less
Awesome company
RN (Current Employee), Cochranville, PANovember 13, 2013
Pros: management is very supportive
Cons: can't really think of any
Great company to work for. When I applied I had never cared for children before. They were very supportive and taught me everything. They are very flexible with scheduling. I work shift work usually night.
PSA
LPN in homecare setting w/ children (Current Employee), Plainville, CTNovember 1, 2013
Excellent place to work. I have learned so much! There is never a dull moment. You will use all of your clinical skills, and also have fun as well. Everything is about the Nurse's comfort level.
nice pple
LPN (Current Employee), Plainville, CTOctober 5, 2013
nice company to work for, respect their workers.will recomande them to any parent looking for homecare
VERY POOR AND DISAPPOINTING COMPANY
RN (Former Employee), Macon, GaOctober 2, 2013
Pros: difficult to find any
Cons: not truthful to prospective employees
When I went to work for PSA, I was told there was plenty of work and that it would be no problem getting 16 hours a week. In 10 weeks, I got 5 shifts (one being a 4 hour shift to help out the scheduler!). I was in frequent contact with the scheduler, who kept saying she was trying to find a case for me. I am still waiting for a return call from the – more... supervisor after calling 5 weeks ago with a question. I am an RN with 30 plus years full-time experience (20 years in Neonatal ICU). They will work LPN's over RN's as they are cheaper labor. My references were stellar and I was flexible. My employment ID was never made (how long does it take to fix a camera??) To say that the management and scheduler in this office are not truthful is an understatement. Benefits are very poor and supervisor support almost non-existent. They do not tell you that when you go for training, you are paid only 65% of your hourly rate. I would not recommend PSA, especially the Macon, Ga office, to anyone. Out of all the jobs I have had in my career, this one has to have been THE WORST!!!!!! They do not even deserve one star in the ratings. PS...I was able to get another job based on experience and references in one day!! – less
Home health nurse caring for critically ill children
Home health nurse (Current Employee), Greenville, NCOctober 1, 2013
Home health nurse caring for critically ill children with multiple disease processes. Level III nurse caring for patients with tracheostomy, vent dependent and gtube fed patients. Ability to float to several patient homes and adapt to the patient and family needs. On call nurse duties to answer questions and concerns of nurses in the field. Assumed – more... care coordination for patient care. Administering post-op medications and monitoring patient for changes after being discharged from hospital setting. – less