PSA Healthcare

PSA Healthcare Employer Reviews

Excellent Company
LPN (Former Employee), State College, PAJuly 7, 2014
I liked the company they kept me busy in the areas I requested and with the specialty skills I have trach and vent suction J/G tube etc
Home-based health care
Certified Nurses Aide (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 1, 2014
Certified Nurse Aide, in home healthcare. Assists parents with children that have special needs. Light house cleaning. Clients are located all over the city, so it helped me learn to become familiar with a relatively new city.
PSA Health Care as an New LPN
Pediatric LPN Homecare (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJune 23, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule.
Cons: travel to patient home can be over 30 minutes to 1 hr central florida
Provides skilled nursing care to children with special and serious medical needs raging from respiratory, neurological, orthopedic, and others. Great place to start out. You have the opportunity as a new nurse to be oriented to potential cases. Flexible schedule/hours. Hourly pay low compare to other employers. May have to travel a distance to patient home (travel is not reimbursed).
Look for a different job!
School RN (Former Employee), Pensacola,FlJune 23, 2014
Pros: other employees, school personnel, children
Cons: difficult management
Difficult inexperienced supervisors. High turnover rate due to unclear , often changing and unrealistic job expectations.
Unprofessional supervisors
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Allentown, PAJune 18, 2014
I enjoyed my clients and doing care on them, the families were very nice.
open cases
LPN (Current Employee), Stratford, CTMay 29, 2014
Pros: interaction with people and cultures
Cons: pay rate low
there are many cases all over new haven county and fairfield county that are open.
FUN AT WORK!
LPN (Current Employee), Media, PAMay 25, 2014
Pros: team work!
Cons: taking by surprise
I ONE TIME HAD A DAY WHERE IT ALL STARTED BAD, WHERE A CLIENT, FOR NO APPARENT REASON, STARTED TO HIT ON ME, AND THROUGH MY EXPERTISE, AND TRAINING, I HANDLED IT PROFESSIONALLY; INVOLVING OTHER TEAM MEMBERS, TO DEESCALATE THE SITUATION.
IN THE END, CLIENT CALMED DOWN, AND APOLOGIZED FOR HIS ACTIONS, AND I MADE HIM TO NOT FEEL GUILTY ABOUT IT.FROM THAT PROFESSIONAL INTERVENTION, WE GOT ALONG AND THINGS WENT WELL FOR THAT DAY.
Great for Supplementary Work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Aurora, COMay 19, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling, fulfilling work
Cons: no paid time off or vacation, no insurance benefits, wages mildly lower than average
PSA Healthcare is a home health agency that places nurses in the homes of pediatric clients with a variety of needs. Hours and shifts are not guaranteed as a result but the work itself is extremely fulfilling. You are in the home of a child who is in need of your care, your love and your support. You become part of a family because you are such a vital person in their lives. Dependent upon your skill level you are expected to be able to work with a multitude of client difficulty levels from as basic as a child who is tube fed and semi independent to a totally dependent child breathing via a ventilator and fed via total parenteral nutrition. This job does require travel as clients can be scattered in a wide radius but you can dictate how far you are willing to travel. Hours vary according to the client needs and like any health care position holidays and weekends are usually required. Currently there is no insurance or paid time off as all nurses hired are considered PRN employees therefore this is a consideration to make. This type of work is definitely suited in that way for nurses who are looking to supplement their income or are able to function going without pay or benefits.
If you are looking for stability this isnt the job!
PEDIATRIC LPN (Current Employee), Williamsville NYMay 9, 2014
Wish I wouldve listened when everyone said it wasnt a good company to work for!
not so easy to take care of the kids
HHA/CNA (Current Employee), Brockton, MAMay 7, 2014
The hardest part of the job is when the kids get out of control. but I enjoy taking care of them
If you like being badgered by management, take this job.
LVN (Former Employee), Dallas branchMay 5, 2014
Pros: you get paid.
Cons: you pay dearly for it.
I got hired to take on a brand new case opening up in my area. I kept a good attitude through the death by power-point and monotony of the orientation. I passed the competency tests with flying colors even when covering more advanced subjects that didn't involve my case.

I was handed a poorly started case with a child fresh out of the NICU. The parents had a lot of questions which, thanks to my prior home-health knowledge, I was able to answer. The HQ gave me a lengthy tome of policies and patient notation guidelines to read over at my convenience. I was the ONLY nurse available to do coverage for the case, and so was aggressively badgered to work 80hrs a week despite my child care issues I had previously informed them about.

I was a medic for the airborne infantry in the U.S. Army. I was given all kinds of colorful names and told to do all kinds of tiresome and strenuous work at the beckoning and call of a sergeant with a serious case of sociopathy. Given that my superior had such an eloquent way of communicating, I was still treated with respect at the end of the day when the work was done.

PSA will fill your head with corporate lingo and insincere niceties until you want to vomit. What work you have done means nothing and will be treated as a footnote or dollar amount listed on their reports to be dismissed until that amount ceases to add to the bottom line.

The management at PSA is so focused on squeezing the money out of the client that they have little regard for the nurse's needs or the dynamics of the situation.

Seriously consider how much you value your independence and self-respect before venturing onward, my dear colleague.
My job as a Peds and adult nursing-30 yrs of experience in hospital,outpatient facilities,peds, and home health, and 5 yrs as a Radiology nurse.
Private Duty Home Care Nurse (Current Employee), Cary, NCMay 5, 2014
Pros: good orientation with most patients, good staff, who works hard to give you work.
Cons: healthcare dependent on hours worked, spaces between cases at times.
I worked many shifts, especially nights. I would first go in, assess patient,vitals, give meds, change diapers, interact with child-days-followed each patient's routine, including some school experience.I worked by myself, with help from the parents, and also going in and orienting before working with the patient. I have had experience with ventilators, trachs, g and j-tubes, suction, feeding pumps like Kangaroo ,central venous catheter use, meds-po and g-tube, physical examinations, and teaching patients/parents about care, when necessary. The hardest part of the job is getting used to different shifts for me to get used to. The most enjoyable part is the bond you develop with the peds patient, and their families-it really can be so good to interact with them, and gaining their trust. /Simply put, I love working with people and their ,kids, I learn so much from them. I have worked with many different cultures, and my patients teach me as well as my teaching them.
Productive and Professional Workplace
Lead PM Staffing Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 29, 2014
Pros: flex schedule and work from home
Cons: most hours required at night / weekends
Work flex schedule with service excellence as the main objective every day for every client.
Outstanding Management and Leadership experience
Amazing co-workers
Hardest part about the job is finding placement for every nurse for every patient.
Most enjoyable aspect of the position is resolving open care issues by finding the right nurse and services for the patient.
Benefits are not the greatest
Lpn (Current Employee), pensacola. flApril 25, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: no descent healthcare benefits
I have been with this company for over two years and have never gotten a raise. They do not appreciate their nurses. We don't even get a thank you card for nurses week. They never give us any kind of a reward for our dedication to our work and patients. Their healthcare and dental packages package prices are outrageous. The office staff don't even greet you when you go there. They walk around with their nose in ther air.
Work with a purpose
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 23, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: management seemed overwhelmed. communication
Working with children was amazing. To feel like your making a difference is a great feeling.
Flexible schedule
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Greensboro,NCApril 8, 2014
Flexible schedule that meets your specific needs. Competative salary and great benefits.
Love my " one" client
LPN (Current Employee), Macon, GAMarch 31, 2014
Pros: pay decent, only work two days
Cons: no breaks, small amount of hours and being thrown in on cases you know nothing about.
This was my first job after looking for a while. Was very happy about it and excited to workin pediatrics. I have a great pt and family, but it does seem like babysitting. And I cannot get another client and get very few hours. Don't know what the problem is bc they supposedly have PTs everywhere. Coworkers? What are those? I work with one other person I never see, but acts like my boss. Just chalk it up to just being a job...
Hours available are not consistant
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Savannah, GAMarch 10, 2014
Care of medically fragile children. I learned how to care for children on vents. Management does not reward hard work. It is difficult to maintain enough hours to work. Work has been sporatic. Caring for children is the enjoyable part of this job.
Unprofessional
Pediatric Home Healthcare Nurse (Current Employee), NJMarch 5, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: low pay, unprofessional
Too many miscommunications. They don't call to let you know about schedule changes so you show up at the patient's house only to find out your shift is canceled. No one takes responsibility for any miscommunications.
Great experience working with the disabled
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: spending time with children
wonderful working with children who have disabilities, great satisfaction. I have been working with a child who uses a g-tube and I am able to disconnect and clean it. Its a great job to have I enjoy the work place and my co-workers. I just need to have full time hours.