PSA Healthcare Employee Reviews

Loved the kids.....
Clinical care manager (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 13, 2017
For an office job, I found the work rewarding and balanced. Leadership for a while was a joke but that changed not long before I left. The workload was doable with an organized mind but expectations of all in the office were not universal (even though they should have been). The kids were the best part of it all and I'm thankful for the opportunities.
Pros
Monday thru Friday, the kids!, not always behind the desk, able to build relationships, vacation time for office staff
Cons
Repetitive and incomplete orientation process for new nurses, lack of accountability for field (and some office) staff, poor leadership, PAY!!! (people can't live on the salary they provided)
friendly staff
Scheduling Coordinator/ Staffing Specialist (Current Employee) –  elkins park paApril 12, 2017
This is a very stressful job, having to be the middle man between families of sick children and the nursing staff. To meet all the requirements of both parties is nearly impossible.
Pros
helping families to make it through their days
Cons
stressful being the middle man to satisfy both families and nurses
PSA Healthcare
Location Director (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXApril 11, 2017
PSA is a great company, excellent work life balance. I woud recommend this company in any capacity to anyone who may be interested. It's a really family oriented atmosphere and I love working for the company.
hard work
Passenger Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 11, 2017
early morning start is the best. training is easy and fast. management are not as involved as should be. hardest part of job is the necessary energy to do the work.
Good company
LPN (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 3, 2017
I enjoyed my time there. I was just unable to find clients that met my own scheduling needs. The office staff was great. A wonderful open door policy.
switch and bait
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTApril 3, 2017
they do not hold up to what they promise,
they do not compensate well
they will have a lot of work but they pretty much just want you to take any shifts
Pros
pays weekly
Cons
too much driving
Not interested
VP of Sales and Operations - Texas (Current Employee) –  TexasApril 3, 2017
I am not interested in writing a review and find that it is silly for Indeed for makes this a required field to fill out. I recommend you take the requirement down.
Currently lpn with Psa
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 27, 2017
I've been working a little over a year with no benefits accrued.No PTO no adjustment in pay rate.Health insurance or lack there of,consists of a high deductible "wellness plan "basically a plan that help to upkeep the wellness of a already healthy person(so don't get sick).Families can be very "nit picky"and at times you may feel as if management is not on your side at all when it comes to the "trouble makers"(families with long track records of being difficult)other than that the work office itself is very inviting with very knowledgeable clinical nurses providing the inservices and training to new nurses.They will not stop training or send you to a home you're not ready or comfortable with going to yet.The pay is horrible for lpns. ' They are supposed to pay according to the care"level"of the client ex.level 3 patients (vented,feed tube etc.)is supposed to pay a higher rate but In fact I've worked and is considered a "level 3"nurse and still receive the same pay no matter what case I work or level they are classified as.Also your hours aren't always guaranteed every week unless you have a consistent case you're working if not you may be bouncing from case to case just make hours for the week.
Pros
Great training from clincal nurses, flexible hours, weekly pay
Cons
No PTO, no benefits, no room for advancement
PSA healthcare
Desktop Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 25, 2017
-Well rounded group of teams to work with and for.
-Monetary is compensation is good
-Great opportunity to for growth involving projects, and process improvement
Great Company to work for!
Dedicated Employee! (Current Employee) –  NCMarch 25, 2017
They are a great company to work for! They will train you and give you all of the tools to make you successful. There are opportunities for advancement within the company!
healthcare
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 24, 2017
good company too work for good benefits most hardest is the patients being sick and you create a personal relationship with them good customer service
Great place to work until we got a new manager
Payroll and Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Martinez, GAMarch 21, 2017
Management can make or break an office. In this case the Director has 4 or more case managers quit and soon I did the same.
Working with management that doesn't actually work is the worse stealing in my opinion.
Pros
Great Company, Wonderful Co Workers, Awesome Rewards
Cons
Getting a lousy Director
fun working with mental disability
Step (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 21, 2017
Give them the medicine and make sure they get ready for the day. I learned that I have a lot responsibility to take care to make sure the client is ready before going to anywhere
decent
Recruiter for LPN and RN Home care nurses (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 16, 2017
great place to grow and learn new material with recruiting. open door lunches time off benefits making job offers to LPN and RN (experienced) flexibility schedule
Awsome schedule, no bennifits
Health tech (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 13, 2017
The company as a whole id okay. The schedule is awesome. Monday through Friday with holidays and school vacations off. The only bad thing is that on those days off, there is no pay. They also do not offer benefits or any chance in advancement. The job is great for someone retired of someone who is just working to pass the time but defiantly not one that you want to rely on to support a family. (Especially on that income alone)
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
low pay, no health benefits
Considerate scheduling, caring staff
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 10, 2017
PSA does a good job training and orienting staff to ensure that their patients are well cared for. They are flexible in scheduling and work hard to meet the needs of their patients and staff.
Pros
flexible scheduling. Good training
Cons
seasona work speed, nice coworkers bad management
executive summaries and newsletters (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 27, 2017
Summers are busy, lots of mandatory overtime
winter is slow, lots of people forced to go home because it is slow
Management is strict and unfair, treats everyone unfair and disrespectful
Hardest might be feet hurting from so much walking
most enjoyable is helping and meeting new people
Pros
Tips
Cons
Management isn't respectful to employees, denies lunches
Low pay, flexible schedules, no benefits.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 24, 2017
Below average pay, no benefits but there is flexibility. Flexibility is about the only positive thing about working for PSA. There are other home health agencies out there that pay more, provide health benefits, and are flexible.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Poor pay, no room for advancement, no health benefits, high turnover.
Great work place
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 23, 2017
Great people, would like more days only working 1 days per week, Focused on team work. Work place culture is great, Learning a lot working with toddlers,
Pros
Great team
Cons
not enough work time
Great place to work, flexible schedule, good management, good cases
Private Duty LPN (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXFebruary 16, 2017
I've worked for PSA for close to a year now and have genuinely enjoyed the experience. I never imagined working with pediatric patients long term but this job has given me the confidence to pursue it. They have good cases versus other PDN agencies. Most of the families are quite decent and the patients are mostly stable. Management is great too and so is scheduling. I've been in school the entire I've worked for the company and have had a very flexible schedule and the schedulers really work with you. And the pay is better than most places too. Not every case is perfect or the right one for every nurse but management is pretty accommodating and won't force you into a case you're uncomfortable with. Plus we have electronic documentation. I've had an overall great experience.
Pros
Good pay, flexible schedule, good management, electronic documentation
Cons
Lunch break on your spare time in the pts home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PSA Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval