PSA Healthcare Employee Reviews in United States

An Appreciated and Satisfied Employee
Sourcing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 20, 2015
I have been employed at the corporate headquarters of PSA Healthcare for over 3 years.

During the course of my employment with PSA I've been well managed, encouraged to grow and learn, utilized to my full potential, appreciated, appropriately compensated for my work, and I've been given multiple opportunities to advance my career. All the while the goals and mission of company are such that I feel gratified at the end up my day knowing that everything we do is ultimately done to provide outstanding support and care to our patients and their families.
Valued and Supported
Corporate Office (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 20, 2015
I've worked at PSA for 5 years and plan to continue for the foreseeable future. My supervisor recognizes talent and potential and has given me more projects and responsibilities based on my abilities. I feel incredibly valued here at PSA.

I did not have a formal "training plan," due to the small size of my department, but my supervisor is always available for questions, as are other managers and department directors.

It is absolutely a fast-paced work environment, but it's great to be at a company that places importance on changing and progressing to make things better.

I am so grateful to PSA for giving me this opportunity 5 years ago - this is a great place to work!
Pros
Supportive, Fast-Paced, Evolving
Enjoyed working for the company, benefits were fair, job security questionable,job culture great
Staf Nurse, Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Brockton/Plymouth, MaAugust 27, 2015
Nice place to work, typical day was case visits, working in the office updating 485's, collaborating with director and peers, I learned on to be an effective manager and make good and safe decisions, the hardest part of job was getting use to very ill pedi clients as I always did adult patients.
Helping disabled/handicapped children was great
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Winterville, NCMay 3, 2016
as office manager-entered into computer programs billing for medcaid, answered phone calls, assisted location director, assisted clinical coordinator, ordered medical supplies for patients, Built good realationships with parents of clients, payroll, reports for corporate, set up new patient files, reviewed files to be sure all information was in it. Was on call for scheduling nurses to patients homes after hours. Rotated with the scheduling nurse.

I never worked in a home health care business. I learned so much about the different disabilities/handicaps children face. I learned that children/babies are stronger than I could ever become. Learned medical terminology, billing systems, medical supply information and how strong the parents these children are.

Excellent management and company

Great co-workers. Team players

Hardest part dealing with the loss of a child. Also leaving the job to go to work closer to home at the veterinary office. They offered me a job when I was not looking for one.

Most enjoyable part-seeing the children's smiling faces when I would help to deliver supplies to the homes. Knowing that we were helping a child by providing a service
Pros
excellent company, and benefits
Cons
loss of a patient
Great workplace! Very organized and accommodating to the employees.
Per Diem RN for pediatrics (Current Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILOctober 18, 2015
Supportive and flexible management and staff. Enjoyable part of the job is you're not just a nurse for the child, you're part of a family.
Pros
flexibility of schedule
Cons
none that I can think of
Pro nursing education
Liscenced Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILAugust 10, 2015
You work with kids, so naturally you want the best health care outcomes for the child. Care somewhat is monotonous but it is what comes with long term care.
I learned How to make critical care decisions in a home setting.
Management is great at teaching, and making sure their staff is up to date wit educational standards of health care practices.
Pros
working with children
Cons
very low pay
Rapidly growing company
Lead Material Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Romeoville, ILNovember 11, 2015
Expanding locally based company where all decisions, business solutions, and growth explorations are determined in-house rather than dictated by a "headquarters" out-of-state.
Great environment with excellent support
Location Director (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaAugust 24, 2015
PSA provides a great working environment with a true family feel. You can really on upper management for quick responses and always feel welcome no matter what office you visit. PSA is the top tier in this industry and no other companies rival their dedication to clinical excellence
Pros
Positive team environment
Cons
N/A
More like babysitting than nursing
Registered Nurse - Home Care (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 28, 2015
Nice staff.Did not the location that I worked. low salary for the market. RN's only make $2 more than LPN and I have BSN degree. No weekend/night dif.
Great place to work, helpful and friendly place.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLAugust 23, 2015
Typical day at work consisted of vitals and over all assessment, Assisting with ADL's, Medication pass with pain management procedures. Also dealing with any and all emergencies that may happen during the night.

Was first job after I received my RN license. I've learned so much from everyone I came in to contact with. Management would answer any questions that I could think of. The were always willing to help and work with me any way possible.

My co-workers were wonderful also, any question I would have they would try to answer. If i was uncertain about a procedure, the would walk me through it.

The hardest part of my job was the long nights. It gets difficult trying to stay awake when everyone is sleeping.

The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing my pt.s smiling face. It made me happy to know i was making a difference in someones life
Excellant Company to work for
LPN (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYAugust 28, 2015
I enjoyed my employment with PSA. The management was attentive to its staff and always addressed concerns in a timely manner. Training for the case assigned was always ensured for patients safety and the employee. I felt the pay was average for the case I worked. I only gave up the position because I moved out of state.
Caring company with staff who are always there to help
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 3, 2015
Management is very involved in communications with staff and families. Office staff is always willing to help and go above and beyond to assist. The hardest part of the job is exhausting all of your options and still not being able to help.
Pros
Flexibility
productive, challenging
A/R Research (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCNovember 28, 2015
I enjoy challenges and research. I enjoy multi-tasking and a sense of accomplishment. I believe team work is a very important aspect of being successful.
Horrible Place, Horrible environment
Collector (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GaSeptember 3, 2015
I wouldnt suggest anyone to work at this place the Turn over rate is 90% they just got out of a lawsuit for medicaid medicare fraud. The Management sucks, The employees feel like this is a club, very unprofessional, and unstable place to work.
Pros
Cons
Everything about this place
Great company with incredible mission
Chief Business Operations Officer (Current Employee) –  United StatesAugust 20, 2015
I've worked at PSA Healthcare since January 2009. I can honestly say that I've never worked with a finer group of people! From the nurses who work in our patient's homes, to the schedulers and clinical managers in our branches to the Location Directors and Regional VPs to everyone at the corporate office, to a person, every single one of them strives earnestly to contribute to our mission of providing the very best care to the patients and families we serve. That is to provide Trusted Care. Everyone at PSA takes their obligations to the patients, the families, the payers and regulating bodies, the referring hospitals and physicians and to one another very seriously indeed. I'm proud to say I'm part of this great organization that strives every day to make a difference in people's lives!
Pros
the mission, the people, the values
Cons
Wish we could do more each day.
Fub environment with a great Team
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  clinton, mdJuly 13, 2015
My work day consisted of resets and working with an amazing team of people. I worked with a great manager and district manager, they were very motivating and saw the potential I had to be a leader within the company. My coworkers were amazing we had so much fun and excitement each day we worked together. Some of the resets took a lot of time but as a team we got through it. The most enjoyable was working with my team and getting through the day.
Pros
hours, wages
Cons
location
Commitment to both patients and employees
Location Director (Current Employee) –  West Palm BeachSeptember 3, 2015
PSA has a great reputation for providing quality care and plenty of support to all employees both in the office and out in the field. There is a lot of training opportunities and opportunities to grow with a company that is leading the industry in quality home care. Flexible schedules and plenty of work opportunities are some of the greatest benefits of working with PSA. PSA has a strong leadership team in place that is working towards ensuring that our getting the recognition and acknowledgment that they deserve! On top of being a great company, caring for medically fragile children is incredibly rewarding and allows the nurses to increase their skill set with one on one patient care. I personally wouldn't work this hard for a greater cause and I love what I do!
Pros
Flexible schedules, Support, training oportunities, Reliable schedule
Cons
High demand for work, Last minute call outs, Varying schedule
Low pay
Registered Nurse- Pediatrics (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 18, 2015
PSA in Jacksonville has decent management, and flexable assignments. Did not like the feeling of being a babysitter. Home health is with pediatrics is not fun because you have to deal with parents as well as try to stay within your job guidelines.
not the best place to work
LPN (Former Employee) –  State CollegeOctober 13, 2015
hours long and pay is short... a lot of non professionalism going on in in homes of clients... that could and has endangered others including staff as well as patients themselves.
Pros
hours ..
Cons
no breaks ... long hours ... short pay...
Flexible Scheduling
HHA/CNA (Former Employee) –  State College, PANovember 9, 2015
Great company! Flexible scheduling. The more flexible you can be, the more hours you will get. Base rate is competitive and they offer differentials for shift worked.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PSA Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.