PSA Healthcare Employee Reviews

This is a good place to work
HOME HEALTH AIDE (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 8, 2017
During employment with the company I have received assistance with additional training needed to complete and perform care needed with in clients home
love the job
LPN (Current Employee) –  Franklin, GAMay 7, 2017
only complaints are:
no secured hours
no insurance
lower pay than other companies

the company is a great company, and the managers are amazing and very helpful. staff is like big family.
great opportunity to work in a child's environment.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Piedmont, SCMay 1, 2017
To prepare the feeding for the day crush medicine for Gtube . get patient up dressed and suction the patient after they awoke. document accurately on a tablet..
Pros
very awarding to care for a sweet child.
Cons
To be available at a moments notice.
flexiable
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plainville, CTMay 1, 2017
Ilove the fact that I made my own schedule.I chose when I wanted to work.This was my part time and the pay was reasonable The distance of cases was ok
I enjoyed the work, but would like a closer position, benefits such as insurance, and full time hours.
LVN Nurse (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXApril 24, 2017
A typical workday includes basic care for the patient like feeding either enteral or PO; medication administration, ADL's, documentation, accompanying patient and parent to appointments such as physician, speech therapy, occupational therapy, and physical therapy, and basic child care. The children are the most enjoyable part of the job, especially when you are lucky enough to observe improvement in their condition. Documentation is the hardest part of the job. No matter how busy the day is you are supposed to make entries at least every 2 hours. This is easy if the child is sleeping, but if the child is up running around, exploring, and in need of attention and entertainment; or vomiting, producing lots of drainage, and requiring lots of hands on attention, it is very difficult to complete timely documentation on the ipad.
Pros
Some good training and some wonderful clients.
Cons
Applied for local positions that were advertised, but clients were actually much farther away.
Amazing
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 24, 2017
Great benefits, friendly atmosphere, standard hours. Staff willing to take the time to teach you in aspects of the job that change or you may have not had previous experience with.
quiet place to work
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  United StatesApril 20, 2017
I enjoy working one on one patient. I enjoy being able to take the time to focus on one patient need. Where they are able to have my undivided attention
PSA Healthcare
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAApril 19, 2017
A lot of upper management change
Culture is different depending on the location you are at
We work very well as a team
Hardest part of the job is getting training on the current systems
Pros
Always something changing
Loved the kids.....
Clinical care manager (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 13, 2017
For an office job, I found the work rewarding and balanced. Leadership for a while was a joke but that changed not long before I left. The workload was doable with an organized mind but expectations of all in the office were not universal (even though they should have been). The kids were the best part of it all and I'm thankful for the opportunities.
Pros
Monday thru Friday, the kids!, not always behind the desk, able to build relationships, vacation time for office staff
Cons
Repetitive and incomplete orientation process for new nurses, lack of accountability for field (and some office) staff, poor leadership, PAY!!! (people can't live on the salary they provided)
friendly staff
Scheduling Coordinator/ Staffing Specialist (Current Employee) –  elkins park paApril 12, 2017
This is a very stressful job, having to be the middle man between families of sick children and the nursing staff. To meet all the requirements of both parties is nearly impossible.
Pros
helping families to make it through their days
Cons
stressful being the middle man to satisfy both families and nurses
PSA Healthcare
Location Director (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXApril 11, 2017
PSA is a great company, excellent work life balance. I woud recommend this company in any capacity to anyone who may be interested. It's a really family oriented atmosphere and I love working for the company.
hard work
Passenger Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 11, 2017
early morning start is the best. training is easy and fast. management are not as involved as should be. hardest part of job is the necessary energy to do the work.
Good company
LPN (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 3, 2017
I enjoyed my time there. I was just unable to find clients that met my own scheduling needs. The office staff was great. A wonderful open door policy.
switch and bait
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTApril 3, 2017
they do not hold up to what they promise,
they do not compensate well
they will have a lot of work but they pretty much just want you to take any shifts
Pros
pays weekly
Cons
too much driving
Not interested
VP of Sales and Operations - Texas (Current Employee) –  TexasApril 3, 2017
I am not interested in writing a review and find that it is silly for Indeed for makes this a required field to fill out. I recommend you take the requirement down.
Currently lpn with Psa
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 27, 2017
I've been working a little over a year with no benefits accrued.No PTO no adjustment in pay rate.Health insurance or lack there of,consists of a high deductible "wellness plan "basically a plan that help to upkeep the wellness of a already healthy person(so don't get sick).Families can be very "nit picky"and at times you may feel as if management is not on your side at all when it comes to the "trouble makers"(families with long track records of being difficult)other than that the work office itself is very inviting with very knowledgeable clinical nurses providing the inservices and training to new nurses.They will not stop training or send you to a home you're not ready or comfortable with going to yet.The pay is horrible for lpns. ' They are supposed to pay according to the care"level"of the client ex.level 3 patients (vented,feed tube etc.)is supposed to pay a higher rate but In fact I've worked and is considered a "level 3"nurse and still receive the same pay no matter what case I work or level they are classified as.Also your hours aren't always guaranteed every week unless you have a consistent case you're working if not you may be bouncing from case to case just make hours for the week.
Pros
Great training from clincal nurses, flexible hours, weekly pay
Cons
No PTO, no benefits, no room for advancement
PSA healthcare
Desktop Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 25, 2017
-Well rounded group of teams to work with and for.
-Monetary is compensation is good
-Great opportunity to for growth involving projects, and process improvement
Great Company to work for!
Dedicated Employee! (Current Employee) –  NCMarch 25, 2017
They are a great company to work for! They will train you and give you all of the tools to make you successful. There are opportunities for advancement within the company!
healthcare
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 24, 2017
good company too work for good benefits most hardest is the patients being sick and you create a personal relationship with them good customer service
Great place to work until we got a new manager
Payroll and Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Martinez, GAMarch 21, 2017
Management can make or break an office. In this case the Director has 4 or more case managers quit and soon I did the same.
Working with management that doesn't actually work is the worse stealing in my opinion.
Pros
Great Company, Wonderful Co Workers, Awesome Rewards
Cons
Getting a lousy Director

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PSA Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.