PSA Healthcare

PSA Healthcare United States Employee Reviews

If you are looking for stability this isnt the job!
PEDIATRIC LPN (Current Employee), Williamsville NYMay 9, 2014
Wish I wouldve listened when everyone said it wasnt a good company to work for!
not so easy to take care of the kids
HHA/CNA (Current Employee), Brockton, MAMay 7, 2014
The hardest part of the job is when the kids get out of control. but I enjoy taking care of them
If you like being badgered by management, take this job.
LVN (Former Employee), Dallas branchMay 5, 2014
Pros: you get paid.
Cons: you pay dearly for it.
I got hired to take on a brand new case opening up in my area. I kept a good attitude through the death by power-point and monotony of the orientation. I passed the competency tests with flying colors even when covering more advanced subjects that didn't involve my case.

I was handed a poorly started case with a child fresh out of the NICU. The parents had a lot of questions which, thanks to my prior home-health knowledge, I was able to answer. The HQ gave me a lengthy tome of policies and patient notation guidelines to read over at my convenience. I was the ONLY nurse available to do coverage for the case, and so was aggressively badgered to work 80hrs a week despite my child care issues I had previously informed them about.

I was a medic for the airborne infantry in the U.S. Army. I was given all kinds of colorful names and told to do all kinds of tiresome and strenuous work at the beckoning and call of a sergeant with a serious case of sociopathy. Given that my superior had such an eloquent way of communicating, I was still treated with respect at the end of the day when the work was done.

PSA will fill your head with corporate lingo and insincere niceties until you want to vomit. What work you have done means nothing and will be treated as a footnote or dollar amount listed on their reports to be dismissed until that amount ceases to add to the bottom line.

The management at PSA is so focused on squeezing the money out of the client that they have little regard for the nurse's needs or the dynamics of the situation.

Seriously consider how much you value your independence and self-respect before venturing onward, my dear colleague.
My job as a Peds and adult nursing-30 yrs of experience in hospital,outpatient facilities,peds, and home health, and 5 yrs as a Radiology nurse.
Private Duty Home Care Nurse (Current Employee), Cary, NCMay 5, 2014
Pros: good orientation with most patients, good staff, who works hard to give you work.
Cons: healthcare dependent on hours worked, spaces between cases at times.
I worked many shifts, especially nights. I would first go in, assess patient,vitals, give meds, change diapers, interact with child-days-followed each patient's routine, including some school experience.I worked by myself, with help from the parents, and also going in and orienting before working with the patient. I have had experience with ventilators, trachs, g and j-tubes, suction, feeding pumps like Kangaroo ,central venous catheter use, meds-po and g-tube, physical examinations, and teaching patients/parents about care, when necessary. The hardest part of the job is getting used to different shifts for me to get used to. The most enjoyable part is the bond you develop with the peds patient, and their families-it really can be so good to interact with them, and gaining their trust. /Simply put, I love working with people and their ,kids, I learn so much from them. I have worked with many different cultures, and my patients teach me as well as my teaching them.
Productive and Professional Workplace
Lead PM Staffing Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 29, 2014
Pros: flex schedule and work from home
Cons: most hours required at night / weekends
Work flex schedule with service excellence as the main objective every day for every client.
Outstanding Management and Leadership experience
Amazing co-workers
Hardest part about the job is finding placement for every nurse for every patient.
Most enjoyable aspect of the position is resolving open care issues by finding the right nurse and services for the patient.
Benefits are not the greatest
Lpn (Current Employee), pensacola. flApril 25, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: no descent healthcare benefits
I have been with this company for over two years and have never gotten a raise. They do not appreciate their nurses. We don't even get a thank you card for nurses week. They never give us any kind of a reward for our dedication to our work and patients. Their healthcare and dental packages package prices are outrageous. The office staff don't even greet you when you go there. They walk around with their nose in ther air.
Work with a purpose
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 23, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: management seemed overwhelmed. communication
Working with children was amazing. To feel like your making a difference is a great feeling.
Flexible schedule
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Greensboro,NCApril 8, 2014
Flexible schedule that meets your specific needs. Competative salary and great benefits.
Love my " one" client
LPN (Current Employee), Macon, GAMarch 31, 2014
Pros: pay decent, only work two days
Cons: no breaks, small amount of hours and being thrown in on cases you know nothing about.
This was my first job after looking for a while. Was very happy about it and excited to workin pediatrics. I have a great pt and family, but it does seem like babysitting. And I cannot get another client and get very few hours. Don't know what the problem is bc they supposedly have PTs everywhere. Coworkers? What are those? I work with one other person I never see, but acts like my boss. Just chalk it up to just being a job...
Hours available are not consistant
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Savannah, GAMarch 10, 2014
Care of medically fragile children. I learned how to care for children on vents. Management does not reward hard work. It is difficult to maintain enough hours to work. Work has been sporatic. Caring for children is the enjoyable part of this job.
Unprofessional
Pediatric Home Healthcare Nurse (Current Employee), NJMarch 5, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: low pay, unprofessional
Too many miscommunications. They don't call to let you know about schedule changes so you show up at the patient's house only to find out your shift is canceled. No one takes responsibility for any miscommunications.
Great experience working with the disabled
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: spending time with children
wonderful working with children who have disabilities, great satisfaction. I have been working with a child who uses a g-tube and I am able to disconnect and clean it. Its a great job to have I enjoy the work place and my co-workers. I just need to have full time hours.
Excellant opportunity to work with children
LPN (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: working with children, education, support, flexible scheduling
Cons: pay could be better
LOVE my job here!!!! The families are great, the children are precious, pay is on the low end but I work here because I love it...not because of the pay!
Someone is always available in the office to answer any questions I have, whether it's a clinical question or regarding staffing...or anything else I have to talk about!
Office girls are so helpful and kind when you call or stop in.
The staffer always works around my schedule.
The director of nursing is very knowledgable and takes time educating.
Overall, I think PSA is a GREAT place to work and does an amazing job helping families and patients that really need it!
decent, but totally depends on who your patients are
Private Duty Nurse (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: highly independant work, no one looking over your shoulder all the time, flexible schedule if they have open slots when you are available to work.
Cons: pay very low for home health, luck of the draw whether or not your patient and their family will suit you.
Completely objective review: the REAL truth is that your experience working with PSA completely depends on the patient and the patient's family where you are assigned to work.

The ADL's part of the shift is the hardest part of the day. I worked with one patient every other weekend, but he was older and extremely histrionic, which made for a very frustrating day.

Pretty much, you are left to your own devices with minimal supervision, which is good if you are a knowledgable nuse...bad if you are not and have lots of questions.

If you get along with your patient and the family, your experience will be good. If your patient and family are jerks or annoying to you, you will hate it..and THAT is the bottom line truth about this job.
Home care give portray different prospective of nursing
Registered Nurse, Pediatric Population (Current Employee), Sparta, NJJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: autonomy
Cons: poor salary
As new registered nurse home care was not my first option. When I started my new position as an RN, I learn that home care not only give autonomy compare hospital environment; you also become part of the patient family. You advocate for them and became friend, the most important person for them. Nursing is more than delivering medical treatment. In home care you treat the patient and the family as well. You become a good listener. Nurse have total control managing patient care, you build strong communication skills a key component in nursing. I also have good communication with the patient multidisciplinary team working conjunction to optimize out patient health status.
knowledgeable
Certified Nursing Assistant/Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Brockton, MAJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: family environment
Cons: no healthcare
Caring for any child can be fun and rewarding. I have grown attached in so many ways.
horriable place to work
RN (Former Employee), tampa,flJanuary 22, 2014
Cons: low wages, lack of staff
worse job i ever had. they send you to nasty, roach infested homes for little pay. they dont care for their employees no raises no type of bonus for long drives poor management always changing staff. stay away from that company
Excellent
HR and Staffing Manager (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 16, 2014
Great Company

typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
YOU FEEL VERY HELPFULL
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Brockton, MAJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: works with your time
Cons: not enough hours
FEEDINGS , SHOWER ,PLAY WITH PT
VITAL SINGS
AND FALLOWED CARE PLAN
if you get the job, don't stop job hunting.
LPN (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 29, 2013
Pros: tons of hours, wonderful patients, would work with days off/availability
Cons: pay, short staffed, constently changing management, not organized
PSA was my first LPN job. I got one day of training, which I found alarming because of the acuity of my patient. I loved my patients and families but the work was so boring! basically babysitting. No enough staff, probably because of the low pay and nonexistent benefits. The office staff has changed so much in the three months I've worked here, which says alot about the company. PSA doesn't care about the patients, families, or nurses. We're all just dollar signs to them.
All that being said, if you want to work a million hours a week basically just babysitting or hanging out, this maybe the job for you.

PSA Healthcare Salaries