PSA Employee Reviews

A very ethnically diverse work envirnoment
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 16, 2015
Position requires a call in daily to determine if there is survey projects. Often there weill no projects in the last ten days of the month. Computer equipment is not updated and some headsets don't work at all. The one bread and butter account is called by hand dailing and calling cell phones which may or may not have been called frequently. In a four hour period may call over 300 calls and get one completion.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Poorly matained equipment
Fun place to work that felt new everyday
Product Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 8, 2013
A typical work day for me started at 6:30am. We would start our day with a team meeting to go over our tasks for that day. My co-workers worked great together and our manager was always there to help us. the hardest part of the job was handling angry customers. That helped me learn how to better handle those situations. The most enjoyable part of my job was how good i was at it.
Pros
getting to bbq on customer appriciation day
A helpful place to teach the mentally disabled.
Southern Choices PSA Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vidalia, GAApril 23, 2015
A typical day at work was helping and teaching the mentally disabled. I learned that you have to take more special time with the mentally challenged individuals than just common people. The manager was always super nice and very considerate. Most of the coworkers were easy going and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the mentally challenged individuals mood swings and the weird hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to put a smile on peoples faces!
Fun place to work If you need a part time job
Mass marketing associate (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 2, 2012
Getting to talk to people and get there point of view is fun and also a typical day at work so that makes it worth while. The managers are very relaxed and flexible. The co-workers need to learn to separate job and home so they don't bring problems to work. Lastly the worst part of the job is the fact that it is a feast or starve job that has not confirmed time or schedule.
Pros
people i get to talk to are very neat
Cons
hours that we get for work are horrable
employee friendly, management easy to get along with
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  eorgiaMay 30, 2013
A typical day at PSA was pediatric patients can teach you alot. How to pay attention to how your patient is acting any suttle change in their demeanor which most of the time indicate that something is going wrong with their health condition. I learned to pay attention to facial expression and non verbal cues.
Pros
the patients
Cons
sometimes hard to get another case when your patient goes into the hospital.
Let's not be negative
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCSeptember 1, 2014
I started working for PSA in 2005 as a full-time employee. In 2012, I had enough of the issues that were going on with the company, and I wasn't sure if we were out-sourcing. I don't like talking bad about a company, but I think better management would make the employees a lot happier. I am not working part-time at night and I love it.
Pros
able to work from home
Cons
management
Pro nursing education
Liscenced Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILAugust 10, 2015
You work with kids, so naturally you want the best health care outcomes for the child. Care somewhat is monotonous but it is what comes with long term care.
I learned How to make critical care decisions in a home setting.
Management is great at teaching, and making sure their staff is up to date wit educational standards of health care practices.
Pros
working with children
Cons
very low pay
Fub environment with a great Team
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  clinton, mdJuly 13, 2015
My work day consisted of resets and working with an amazing team of people. I worked with a great manager and district manager, they were very motivating and saw the potential I had to be a leader within the company. My coworkers were amazing we had so much fun and excitement each day we worked together. Some of the resets took a lot of time but as a team we got through it. The most enjoyable was working with my team and getting through the day.
Pros
hours, wages
Cons
location
Challenging opportunity when I joined as COO
Chief Operating Officer-Chief Financial Officer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 25, 2015
I turned around a company that should have been a business failure. After 8 great years , I felt I needed a change and so I left in order to become a general business consultant.
Pros
We made PSA an industry powerhouse
Cons
The basic business model was limited, and we did the best we could to expand the opportunities for our customers and our employees
Customer care at its convenience
Photo tech, cashier (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTJune 12, 2014
In a days work I would move around from the pharmacy, to the front store and than to the photo lab. I was able to work in every department and help whenever it was needed, I learned how to work with many different diversities and age groups as well as learning how they all love to be treated. It was enjoyable for me to help anyone that needed it.
Pros
career growth
Best job ever
Pediatric Home Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  Stratford, CTJuly 25, 2013
Love the company, love the supervisors, love the coworkers, love the clients! Hate the "per diem" It's really the ONLY negative thing I can say about my experience with them. My supervisors and schedulers have worked with me to get clients in my area, the hours I want to work, etc. Any questions/problems are addressed immediately and positively. Just can't say enough good about them!
Pros
wonderful company, supervisors
Cons
per diem hours not reliable
temp
Temp, Kelly Services (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJuly 25, 2013
Temp as a PSA for Advocate Home Health care. I was lead PSA for the office. I entered patient plan of cares in the systems, and fax them out to the doctors for signature, as well as processing pay roll, schedules for the nurses, ordering supplies for the office, staff and the patients. Making sure all paperwork needed was ordered as stocked on the shelves. Taking inbound and making outbound calls to doctors and families
Fun place to work at
Lead PSA (Former Employee) –  Wheelersburg, OHJuly 16, 2013
A day at work varied depending on what shift you worked. The day and evening shift we did meal, washed dishes, passed medicine, activites, showers, and just made sure the residents were well taking care of and made them feel like they were right at home. The midnight shift did the cleaning and laundry, checked on residents frequently. Overall its a fun place and good environment to work in.
Multi-task...
Product Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MAJune 12, 2014
I've been with this company a few years and job security is great, howeve,r I'm getting bored. No two days are the same and that can be good to mix things up but I like to keep busy. This work enviroment has taught me a lot of patience and a lot of multitasking skills!
some employees are more important that others
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 28, 2015
I have learned that even if you have a disability they really don't want to go by what your doctor has told them to do. Great co workers, very "thick" in the air feeling all the time.

office manager would tell you one thing and do the exact opposite.
A ok place to work
PERSONAL SERVICE ASSITANCE (Former Employee) –  Bastrop, TXJuly 23, 2013
The person dont keep things confidental so its hard to go and talk about a problem you have of your job.I loved working with the edlerly they are so sweet . I learned what o do in a emergency with the residents
Pros
overnight
Cons
classes you take during the day when you worked all night
The company is a great company that helps me provide customer service to those in need in the Ohare International airport
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 7, 2015
The job is ok for now but I dont agree withe the pay rate. I feel I Deserve a better paying occupation for mywork ethic. The company takes tips from my personal check that I make on my own withe the passenger.
Pros
One on One customer service
Cons
Short breaks
Fast paced and Customer focused
Product Service Associate -Lowes in Culpeper VA (Current Employee) –  Culpeper, VASeptember 20, 2013
A typical day consist of reseting beams and products per planograms. Downstocking products. Its a steady pace of working. We sometimes work as a team and sometimes independently. I enjoy seeing the finished product of a reset. I also enjoy helping cutomers.
Pros
good pay, close to home and great hours.
Cons
retail
What I love most about working with the public is that you are faced with many challenges.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAOctober 10, 2012
Working with people is a great joy for me. I love being around people and being able to help them as well. The best part of my job is when a customer leaves me with a smile on their face.
Pros
customers, co-workers
Cons
pay, benefits
Fabulous job and superb work environment helping veterans
Patient Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Marianna, FLApril 14, 2013
I was a contract temp and was virtually promised to have the job when it became officially permanent in a brand new VA clinic; Obama's freeze on federal hiring at the start of his first term is the only reason I am not still there