PSA

PSA Employer Reviews

Job Description
Personal Service Asst. (Former Employee), Beatrice, NEOctober 30, 2013
I worked all 3 shifts, I did laundry, take residents to bathroom, feed the residents, chart, did rounds every 2 hours, clean all night, bathe.
Government work unstable
Program Administrator (Former Employee), Springfield, ILOctober 19, 2013
Cons: poor leadership
Poor leadership, very political atmosphere. Union does not back employees, unfair job awards, rising benefit costs
This was a really nice place to work.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Tinley Park, ILOctober 18, 2013
At Shawnee Gardens we catered to elderly clients. A typical day involved coming in receiving report and making sure that staffing was adequate to ensure quality care for clients. I learned that communication is a key factor in order for anything to run smoothly. My co-workers worked well with one another and for the most part were team players. The hardest part of the job was having to be in two places at once. All the residence family wants to talk to you and everyone feels like their concerns are priority. The most enjoyable part of the job was providing quality care to clients and working with a team that didnt mind working.
Fast paced and Customer focused
Product Service Associate -Lowes in Culpeper VA (Current Employee), Culpeper, VASeptember 20, 2013
Pros: good pay, close to home and great hours.
Cons: retail
A typical day consist of reseting beams and products per planograms. Downstocking products. Its a steady pace of working. We sometimes work as a team and sometimes independently. I enjoy seeing the finished product of a reset. I also enjoy helping cutomers.
awful management, low pay, and hardly any hours
Assisting people in and out of the planes (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 15, 2013
This is the worst job I've every hard! The management is no good at all, you get paid 8.25hr which isn't anything when they give you 4-6hrs for 3 to 4 days a week.
flexible scheduling
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Buffalo, nyJuly 30, 2013
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: lack of affordable benefits
good place to work. lack of benefits(very expensive). provides flexible scheduling
BEST JOB EVER
Pediatric Home Care Nurse (Current Employee), Stratford, CTJuly 25, 2013
Pros: wonderful company, supervisors
Cons: per diem hours not reliable
Love the company, love the supervisors, love the coworkers, love the clients! Hate the "per diem" It's really the ONLY negative thing I can say about my experience with them. My supervisors and schedulers have worked with me to get clients in my area, the hours I want to work, etc. Any questions/problems are addressed immediately and positively. Just can't say enough good about them!
temp
Temp, Kelly Services (Former Employee), Oak Brook, ILJuly 25, 2013
Temp as a PSA for Advocate Home Health care. I was lead PSA for the office. I entered patient plan of cares in the systems, and fax them out to the doctors for signature, as well as processing pay roll, schedules for the nurses, ordering supplies for the office, staff and the patients. Making sure all paperwork needed was ordered as stocked on the shelves. Taking inbound and making outbound calls to doctors and families
awsome company to work for
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Somers, CTJuly 24, 2013
Pros: travel
Cons: away from family alot
psa was great they were very good about safety an they always had fun in all they do
A OK PLACE TO WORK
PERSONAL SERVICE ASSITANCE (Former Employee), Bastrop, TXJuly 23, 2013
Pros: overnight
Cons: classes you take during the day when you worked all night
THE PERSON DONT KEEP THINGS CONFIDENTAL SO ITS HARD TO GO AND TALK ABOUT A PROBLEM YOU HAVE OF YOUR JOB.I LOVED WORKING WITH THE EDLERLY THEY ARE SO SWEET . I LEARNED WHAT O DO IN A EMERGENCY WITH THE RESIDENTS
Fun place to work at
Lead PSA (Former Employee), Wheelersburg, OHJuly 16, 2013
A day at work varied depending on what shift you worked. The day and evening shift we did meal, washed dishes, passed medicine, activites, showers, and just made sure the residents were well taking care of and made them feel like they were right at home. The midnight shift did the cleaning and laundry, checked on residents frequently. Overall its a fun place and good environment to work in.
stock shelves
team facilitator (Former Employee), santa clarita caJune 9, 2013
downstocking product. clean product and displays. fixing price labels.
employee friendly, management easy to get along with
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), eorgiaMay 30, 2013
Pros: the patients
Cons: sometimes hard to get another case when your patient goes into the hospital.
A typical day at PSA was pediatric patients can teach you alot. How to pay attention to how your patient is acting any suttle change in their demeanor which most of the time indicate that something is going wrong with their health condition. I learned to pay attention to facial expression and non verbal cues.
Conducting surveys
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Denver, COMay 29, 2013
Pros: great team to work with
Cons: not enough hours
Conducted surveys for current issues. The environment was great to work in
Challenging and Family Friendly enviroment willing to go the extra mile for Employees
Medical Billing Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Florence, SCMay 20, 2013
Pros: advancement opportunities, mgt workshops, positive feedback
Cons: off shoring
PSA is a motivating environment that challenges you to go above and beyond for patients. I learned countless medical billing procedures and policies as well as impeccable management skills. Management and coworkers became more like family and there was little to no personal drama. The hardest part of my job was when PSA started off-shoring and cutting jobs in my department, it was bittersweet. The most enjoyable part of my job was supervising and training my employees successfully, which resulted in positive feedback from Patients and Upper Level Management.
Fabulous job and superb work environment helping veterans
Patient Services Administrator (Former Employee), Marianna, FLApril 14, 2013
I was a contract temp and was virtually promised to have the job when it became officially permanent in a brand new VA clinic; Obama's freeze on federal hiring at the start of his first term is the only reason I am not still there
Hostile unsafe work envirnment
Mass Market (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 10, 2013
I worked on the phone calling people doing public opinion surveys.
the good the bad and the lucky
LPN (Former Employee), Brockton, MAFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: good pay, steady influx of new cases
Cons: upper management, high competition
The pay is good.Schedulers are overworked but competant even though YOU will have to call them back to find out if you got a meet and greet or whether the meet and greet went well.You have to get lucky to get a good family and case north of boston.If you are a male nurse this goes double as families can get away with discrimination that the company cannot.The families can and will fire you over the drop of a hat so if your 6th sense tells you something is out of place listen to it and get off that case and get a new one.Seriously,Don't feel bad cause they wont when they do it to you.***If enough meet and greets go south or enough families replace you justified or not PSA themselves will get rid of you*** that being said it is worth applying to this company if you are looking for work.
Fun place to work that felt new everyday
Product Services Associate (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: getting to bbq on customer appriciation day
A typical work day for me started at 6:30am. We would start our day with a team meeting to go over our tasks for that day. My co-workers worked great together and our manager was always there to help us. the hardest part of the job was handling angry customers. That helped me learn how to better handle those situations. The most enjoyable part of my job was how good i was at it.
Great working envirement
New York City Police Officer (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: helping the people in the neighborhood
Cons: thankless job
Co-workers were fantastic, great learning experience. Helped lots of people in the neighborhood when the crime rate in the area was extremely high.

PSA Salaries