PSAV Presentation Services

PSAV Presentation Services Employer Reviews

Be Ready to work you butt off everyday
Event Technology Specialist III (Current Employee), San FranciscoOctober 12, 2014
The only good thing about this job is that you'll always have hours. Be ready to work weekends
Exciting, stressful, occasionally rewarding
Technical Specialist (Current Employee), Detroit, MISeptember 30, 2014
Cons: bad management from the top down. cutting corners is always preferred.
If PSAV would stop trying to monopolize the industry and attempt at being the best, instead of the biggest, this company would make major headway with growth and culture.
Great Experienced
Director, Event Technology - Hilton Garden Inn (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILAugust 18, 2014
I really enjoyed this experience. I learned a lot about management and operations of a location. Very good experience.
Management lacks communication; sometime is kind of weird place to work.
Consultant (Former Employee), ChicagoJuly 29, 2014
Management lacks communication; sometimes is kind of weird place to work for.

I have been for a while there and DETs or RVPs (most of them) lack respect and knowledge about financial and accounting function of the entity. It was a pain to explain them and make a real connection.
PSAV
DET/ Manager (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAJuly 23, 2014
I enjoy working with a dedicated and professional company regarding Audio and Visual rentals.
No one cares
Audio/Visual Technology Specialist (Current Employee), Miami, FLJuly 1, 2014
In South Florida, PSAV revolves around the regional managers and how much money they can make at anyone's expense. They avoid using their part timers from around May to about August. Lastly, they will not fight for their own employees regarding any issues with hotel staff nor clients.
Similar to AAVC, but less personal work environment
Event Technology Specialist III (Former Employee), Half Moon Bay, CAJune 25, 2014
Pros: some enjoyable co-workers
Cons: bad management
I wasn't pleased working with this company. Every employee seemed to only be a number. They had a antiquated training program that took up time without having any real payoff, and they were required to be completed.
Fun workplace, everyday is different and exciting
Video Technician (Current Employee), Calgary, AB. BMO StampedeJune 19, 2014
Pros: different every day
Cons: pay could be better
Continuous opportunity to grow and learn in the industry, Great people to work with and everyday is exciting and different.
A great place to start in the industry
Event Technology Specialist (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJune 11, 2014
Pros: free meals usually, some training, connections to better contacts and companies
Cons: management!! all techs are disposable and some managers make sure you remember that.
If you don't have kids and you want to learn how the AV world works. Psav is basically AV 101. They don't pay well at all, and they expect a lot of time. However... thats the way the AV world works. The benefits are good, and the work environment is fun. Be warned, you can not support a family at their wages.
Good Company
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAJune 7, 2014
Pros: free lunches, adequate on-going training
Cons: excessive work hours at times. heavy politics at times
Good Company, going through growing pains. One of the industries top growing companies but still needs to update their CRM systems to accommodate their growth. High demands lend to longer hours than expected.
Fast paced to get the show ready
Event Technology Specialist III (Current Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FLJune 6, 2014
Pros: some placews do feed you
Cons: the work can slow down in the summer months lack of hours
You follow a set of instruction on what needs to be set and what equipment will be used for the event.
You gather what is needed and you go to the ballroom or meeting space to set it up.
you are given the help that is needed to complete the job.
there are long days and in some events have to do some heavy lifting.
you do get to see some very unique – more... sets for the convention type shows or private events. – less
Great company to work for.
Director, Event Services (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 15, 2014
Great company to work for - day to day work is fun and fast paced. Always changing and keeping us on our toes.
Review
SALES MANAGER (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZ; St. Louis, MO; Kansas City, MOMay 12, 2014
Gained valuable experience and training during my 8 years with Swank Audio Visuals (currently PSAV Presentation Services).

Please contact directly if interested in full review.
Good place to work with a lot of opportunities
Event Technology Specialist (Current Employee), Princeton, NJMay 9, 2014
this company provides excellent training and support staff to move up in a bunch of different ways
You're Disposable!
ETS3 (Former Employee), MinneapolisMay 7, 2014
Pros: usually free food, many technitians are awesome guys, training... kinda
Cons: pay!!, "area management", equipment is outdated by about 8-10 years, mandatory crazy hours, labor laws do not apply
I have worked in 2 different cities with this company. DC and Minneapolis. DC was great, fair pay, good managers. Minneapolis on the other hand is a black hole. Management through the city is unstable. Nobody wants to pay employees any kind of reasonable wage. Advancement is random and unpredictable. Meaning: They will tell experienced employees that – more... they do not have enough experience to get a promotion, then hire someone cheaper with less experience. Higher management BRAGS about being able to replace employees.

The best scenario for working for PSAV: You need to be young, fresh out of school, living with your parents and have no obligations (wife/kids). If you dont have to pay much for rent, or take care of anyone... Then this is a great place to learn how to do the job. Then when you're ready for a real job, quit and take all the training with you to get paid a real wage. – less
Productive and fun Workplace
A/V Technician (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJApril 29, 2014
Typical day at work was great. I would review the set sheets for the day and set rooms accordingly. Best part about of the job was meeting new clients and the challenges the presented when meeting different deadlines, and sets. I learned responsibility, flexibility, and excellent costumer service. Also learned a great variety of thing in the audio visual – more... and it department. My co-workers and management were excellent. Showed great motivation for the job and were very supportive to teach me new things when i entered. The hardest part of the job was handling long hours at times. Overall loved the job and very thankful. – less
A company that is going through a lot of changes! Not Bad just major challenges.
Director, Event Technology V (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 24, 2014
Pros: great team! awesome property! great measured growth!
Cons: older technology, needed twice the staff for the size of the property, too much upper management, two mergers, over worked team members.
While I worked there, a week after I was hired, there was a merger with another company, when I resigned a year to the same month later the merger was in flux and I found out a month later they went through another merger. Also there were too many upper management roles and not enough focus on each individual properties team members and needed additional – more... staffing. My team members were amazingly good at their jobs. Each technician I was responsible for, I made sure to help them get where they wanted to be, including: transfers, promotions, wage increases, I took care of the team. I helped my assistant director get promoted to another location, and one of the technicians to get promoted to a lead rigging position, which more than doubled his salary. The challenges were tough but my team was strong, we all went through hard times being the largest property in the region. As a tier 5 property we not only had our property to look after, we looked after all the other properties. My team increased the customer survey scores from a low 53% when hired, to over 90% within 6 months. Attained customer service rankings of 100% for 4 months and averaged a 93.2% for the other 8 months. We also took a 1.2M property to a 1.5M dollar property in 6 month period, with revenues projected to 2M within 1.5 - 2 years forecasted. Based on KPI. The Area Manager, Regional VP and the HR Manager all supported my team and I well while there. I learned a lot about doing as much, with very stretched resources and very tired and overworked technicians, and making it the best out of a challenging situation with the great help of an awesome team. – less
A very professional atmosphere with good people to work with.
Audio Visual Specialist (Current Employee), Boston, MAApril 3, 2014
Pros: always somewhere new
Cons: not getting enough hours
Early mornings are typical at PSAV. Sometimes its necessary to find the location in Boston where I'm most needed. I usually have a pre-conference meeting with the project manager and Client to see whats needed. I then see what we have in stock then tell the project manger what we will need to cross rent. On setup day i Usually will set most of the video – more... needs and collaborate with the in-house network representatives to tell them what the client needs and get routers and/or switches with any cabling needed. Once the rooms are set I operate to make sure things go well. – less
Diversity in Job duties
Video Technology Specialist (Former Employee), Charleston, SCApril 2, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: inability to plan anything-never knowing schedule from week to week.
The resort I worked at was awesome and so were the staff there.
However, there was NO consistency with a schedule and many times hours and days changed at a moments notice. Many long hours too. Impossible to plan anything around work, even doctor appointments. That was a big con. The pros were interacting with clients and creating a professional Audio/Visual – more... set-up that satisfied the client's needs. Learning more about lighting and audio, and computers was interesting and fun. I enjoyed most of my co-workers and my original boss was great. New boss was too, but not as flexible. A lot of hard physical work, but overall, I enjoyed that part. The cons of that though were the possibility of getting hurt. – less
Not a good place to work
Events Technology Specialist (Former Employee), Saint LouisMarch 25, 2014
Please stay away from PSAV!!! Bad place to work expect too much of your time. No time to spend with family of social life. Management lack skills to run their properties and manage their staff upper management is horrible. Lack compassion in other words it sucked working there!!! If you are looking for a job stay away from PSAV PLEASE!!

1 2 3 4

About PSAV Presentation Services

This company puts a little show biz into business. Audio Visual Services Group, doing business as PSAV Presentation Services (PSAV), – Read more

PSAV Presentation Services Photos