PSAV Presentation Services Employee Reviews

I Learned
Presentation Service A/V Tech II (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 28, 2015
Pros: A fun place to work
Cons: a day is too short sometimes for all the information you have.
in my 8 years as a master control operator I learned that given the opportunity, life gives you many lessons to be learned. I am greatful that I learned from people at that job that have been pioneers in the communications and information field since the earliest days of Radio and Television. I take that knoledge at heart, just as some of those pioneers that help me grow are no longer with us in life.
For that I am greatful for what I learned.
Fun! Freedom for part time people
Technician (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Good pay! Easy shifts!
Cons: Sometimes not enough shifts for weeks especially in the summer.
Huge company nationwide! Great chance for people who want to go full time and learn about the AV industry.Good job to start in the AV industry. Good for connecting with people from various backgrounds.
Good Company
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee), Elgin, ILAugust 13, 2015
Good working enviornment. the people were great. good working experience. learned a lot when I was there. I enjoyed working there
Technician (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, Get to work with a lot of experience Local Union Technicians and gain knowledge, Get to meet interesting clients
Cons: breaks can get interrupted, scheduling depends on buisness in the hotels, Work week hours could be high or Low depending on the week or amount of business.
The job has strenuous and random Hours. Compensation is not fees-able for a family income. Location of your job may vary at any time. The company is everwhere so there is means of moving around depending on performance and development. Training classes are very useful and build up your skills.
Good work and co workers just long hours for not enough pay.
Av technician and operator (Former Employee), dallas txAugust 6, 2015
Management are is very good. They will work with your needs just there is no work life balance. The scheduling is very sporadic and moving up in the company is very difficult.
Shady Environment
ETS-II (Former Employee), CAAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Free lunches at some locations, varied hours
Cons: Hours, Pay, Management, Hospitality=slave
Im sure every location is different but where i was, it was bad. So bad were the policies that a lawsuit was filed... Often we were interupted from lunch. People were sometimes asked to work off the clock. I've seen people fired for medical conditions. I regularly had less than 8hrs between shifts. It was typical to work until midnight then have to be somewhere else at 5 or 6 am. Promotions were pennies while the company hit record profits. We often included unjustified hidden fees that didnt make any sense to clients who were told, "thats just theway it is". Hours were routinely cut short so to – more... help employees survive, managers would pay out out unscheduled vacation days and 'burn' sick days so employees could pay their regular bills. Ive seen employees go on assistance to meet their regular bills while hours were low. I was eventually fired for something i didnt even do because management only cares about their clients and wont stick up for their employees. Im sure all locations are different but this was an abusive job. I reccomend that any skilled tech work freelance or union instead of supporting this company with your talent. That said, there are many great employees who made working there less miserable and even fun at times. – less
Changing culture
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Work life balance
Cons: Consultants rule the roost
Corporate headquarters has undergone a fairly complete metamorphosis since our sale to Goldman/Olympus. An army of consultants have effectively transformed the feel of what was a friendly "all in it together" organization to one that is exactly like every other corporate culture out there; bloated at the top, overly hierarchical, and pursuing policy for the sake of justifying high consulting fees.
Nice easy going place to work
Audio Visual Technician (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 18, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches at some locations
I enjoyed working there. Easy going people with minimal drama. Very understanding.

I worked in several locations around Los Angeles and all staff and managers are very professional, extremely focussed and easy to talk to.
Part-time Tech... Good company, great employees/management
A/V Technician (Former Employee), Providence, RIJune 24, 2015
Pros: Free hotel food. Strong team members. Good equipment. Great Managers.
Cons: Crazy hours, sub-par compensation.
I worked for PSAV for one year in Providence, Rhode Island in the hospitality sector. My managers were awesome, understanding, knowledgable and hardworking gentlemen. My co-workers we're equally knowledgeable, hardworking, fun. We took care of each other as much as possible. Definitely a great team vibe. I can't say much for the "higher-ups" as i never interacted with them.

However, everyone gets a 401K (if you opt in). The hourly rate was sub-par but Rhode Island is hurting anyway. I would work for them again if the compensation was adequate and I would expect more in another city.

I feel like promotion is immanent and very possible within a few years, but its all really what you want an your motivation.

You will work whacky hours. Nights, mornings, weekends or all day. At my properties we really took ownership in the projects/productions and we stayed till the job was done.

Hope this helps.
Great "learn on the job" environment
Event Specialist (Current Employee), Daytona Beach, FLJune 20, 2015
Pros: Strong team environment
Cons: Hours can be inconsistent and random.
I was lucky enough to be hired with very little A/V experience. I worked with a small group and learned very much in a very short amount of time while on the job. It's feels good to be a part of the team.
Do Not Work at PSAV
Audio Visual Specialist (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 11, 2015
Pros: Networking
Cons: Everything else
PSAV will be your life. Fresh out of college students who think this is a cool place to work, think again. If I had kids and a girlfriend, I would end up single and my kids would hardly see me. Don't ever call out even if you follow company procedure. You will be severely punished.The pay sucks, one of the lowest paying in the industry. If you plan to make money go freelance. I'm sad I been there for so long. Take the experience and learn everything you can and get another job elsewhere and never look back.
An OK Grind
Senior Audio Visual Technician (Current Employee), Seattle, WAApril 12, 2015
Pros: free lunches at certain properties, decent insurance and vacation
Cons: Scheduling makes it hard to plan or have a life
Enjoy the technology and customers. Good co-workers. Physically demanding. Pay could better reflect expected technical skills.
Good Company to work for
General Manager at Palm Springs Convention Center (Current Employee), Palm Springs, CAApril 2, 2015
Internal and external customer interface. Required decisions, actions and perceptions are all in a days work.
Every situation is different and thus must be handled as individual challenges with the big picture always on your mind. remember, every decision made somehow affects your bottom line. My team is exceptional and can be counted on to know what to do and when to to it, or else they will come for guidance. Hardest part of the job is insuring that at the end of the day, you accomplished something positive and made that impact someones future.Most enjoyable part is being the leader of a fantastic team with great attitudes that truly believe they are making a difference with customers and feel secure enough with the company to insure their personal growth.
forget about an outside life
audio visual tech (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Benefits, cool coworkers
Cons: Pay, long hours, can't advance, strict appearance guidelines
Very labor intensive job. The market is flooded with full sail grads that need to pay off student loans. Coworkers are a mix of newbies and veterans with 20 years of experience but everyone gets paid around the same wage. Schedule is crazy. 60 hours one week then 10 the next week depending on the season. Moving up is very hard since there are so many techs but not many management positions. Company likes to hire from outside for mid & upper level positions instead of promoting from within. Good benefits if you can get full time. Work with a lot of great people with the occasional professional with a bloated ego because the USED TO work on big shows a long time ago or they think they're the greatest tech ever. Old equipment and a lot of customer service in hotel environment. Appearance guidelines are very strict, based on Disney standards
Great Company
Assistant Director (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Potential to learn and grow
Cons: Work/Life Balance
Able to learn and grow in company. Classes that allow you to learn and expand your knowledge. Hardest part is finding that work/life balance.
Work till you drop, then hurry up and wait.
Technician (Current Employee), MinneapolisMarch 19, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: bad hours.
The industry is feast or famine but most of them pay more than this one. If you're trying to get into the industry this is a good place to start, they will quickly give you more responsibilities and slowly promote you, but this is only because as soon as employees learn enough they jump ship and go to a real production company that pays more. Expect to work until midnight and then be back at work at 6am.
Great company to work for.
Director, Event Technology IV (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 17, 2015
This company offers opportunities for advancement, training and is very structured in their practices. If you are looking to work for a large international company, this is a great one to work for.
High paced work enviroment. Good place to get your foot in the industry.
Audio Visual Technician (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: free lunch, free expenses.
Cons: bad hours.
Throughout the year sometimes is a lot of hours, sometimes is just dead with no hours. 40hrs are not always guaranteed. Over all is a good place to get knowledge.
Exciting place to work. Everday there's new client with a new event to produce
Sales Manager (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 23, 2015
I put myself through college with this job. A great place to work and develop yourself in both management skills and event technology, but the room for growth in management is limited.

In my current position I've learned how to meet client expectation and deal with difficulty the most.

The hardest part of the job is making sure you've communicated effectively to all parties. Being the Sales Manager, the client will come to you with questions and requests and the operations team will come to with questions and requests. Its managing both sides to the success of the event that is the hardest. The most enjoyable parts are the results and satisfaction that comes from a job well done.
Alright
Technician (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: co- works
Cons: almost everything
This job is alright, they treat you like a work horse with low pay. Also work schedule is all over the place and its not a stable company. everyone is out for themselves.
Headquarters