PSAV Employee Reviews

Really good work environment and very professional and will cause you to push yourself to the best of your abilities.
Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 15, 2017
In the 3 years I have been working here with Psav, I can see that it is a lot of work but well worth it. It is an awesome experience and the company will bring the best out of you.
Pros
Great team and great hours.
Cons
Schedule might be a little crazy at times.
Flexible
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VADecember 13, 2017
I enjoy working for the company and the property I am assigned to in DC. My management team is very flexible and understand the meaning of work life balance.
Company claims to be high end but is run cheaply for a $1B+ operation
Project Manager- Westin Diplomat (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLDecember 11, 2017
The company treats all employees as replaceable widgets, little or no appreciation for individual value.
Very limited reinvestment in high-end gear, items put onto client's shows that should have been retired a decade ago.
Some work days that are 20 hours long with no company support for onsite accommodation or meals.
Fun place to work for a few months.
Audio Visual Technician (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 7, 2017
Fun place to work for a few months. If you want to be high paid and work on cool gigs you have to be with the company for a while or have a decent amount of training under your belt.
Long hours & medium pay
Director of Audio Visuals (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 27, 2017
Global AV provider for Hotels & Resorts. Striving to be the best in the industry. Some growth opportunities, in some areas of the country. Good training on equipment. Good corporate culture.
Pros
Good Benifits
Cons
Good Company to work for!
Inventory Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Elgin, ILNovember 18, 2017
You feel like part of the family at PSAV. Executive Management is approachable, fair and makes communicating with the employees a priority. The work/life balance is good. You are treated like a person - not just an employee number.
great hands on experience
Lead Audio Visual Technician (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 14, 2017
Enjoyed my time with the company, upper management was awful. Hours are abundant but can occur a undesirable times. Job can be as difficult or easy as you would like it to be.
Pros
Down time, over time, hands on experience
Cons
Long days, small career advancement
Great team and resources to help you succeed!
Director, Event Technologies (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 13, 2017
A great place to work with plenty of resources available to help you be successful in your career. Plenty of advancement opportunities, with a boundless amount of career opportunities.
Good old boys club
Senior Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 6, 2017
working at PSAV was very rough. It was a good old boys club and my area director did not think i was qualified to work in a hotel as i lacked the experience he said.

I had 20 years of hotel experience in the industry. He did not like to promote women
Good Company to work for
Director of Sales (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 6, 2017
Good company to work for, especially if you join at the entry level. Lots of opportunity to advance your career in sales, operations, or event technology.
Pros
Great People, Great Clients
Cons
Long Hours, Stressful
See below
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 1, 2017
Nothing to say really
No work life balance
Highly Stressful
Places Hotel Contracts over their employees
DET's aren't honest and are allowed to wreck havoc on the team
Difficult working environment
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 24, 2017
Salary levels are way below average. Advancement is political and not based on skill level. Better training needed on a more consistent level. More diversity needed.
Psav is bad
Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 23, 2017
PSAV has lost its way. Stopped caring about anything other than the bottom line and started treating its employees like trash. Trying and failing to go public. Avoid at all costs.
Cons
Low pay, no career advancement
Stressful, cut throat enviornment
Audio Visual Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 22, 2017
Worked as an audio visual tech for 3 years with this company. Did not receive a single raise even after attempts at seeking them. I also know that this was this case for other employees. Director was a brown noser who only wanted the best for himself to move up in the company and actively kept the regional manager away from employees to speak in private with him about his advancements in the company. Tried to advance in the company as well through proper procedures such as applying for positions, but found out later on those spots were filled before we could fill out an application.
Pros
The other co workers
Cons
No room for advancement. Employees replaceable.
Great people to work with
Senior Event Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA 02110October 18, 2017
There are a lot of great people in this company. The business sadly is too inconsistent. A few months out of the year are very slow due to lack of business therefore your hours are cut back. Then some months are so busy your working understaffed most times. Turn around rate for employees is increasing. Still not a bad company to work for if your interested in technology.
Great place to begin your AV career, not to end it.
Lead Audio Visual Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 16, 2017
Typical workday hours and location can change based on the needs of the company. PSAV offers a variety of classes online and in school room settings. Many of these are excellent. Management isn't the best, but they are getting a lot better. The hardest part of my job is working with other technicians that do not know the job and leave me alone to complete the assigned task for the day. That and being held back in certain positions because Im good at my job and the company can't find anyone to replace me. The most enjoyable part of the job is the customer service. I love to make a client happy with my lighting cues or how I may assist them with a power point presentation. It always make my day to make a nervous client feel at ease. I know I have done my job when that happens.
Pros
free lunch at most properties, company will pay 10-50% of most work related bills, free job related education and certifications
Cons
healthcare not the best, no hours during non peak seasons, hard to advance in career
stressful place to be stuck in
AV Technician (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 12, 2017
This company is a great way to get your foot in the door, but a horrible place to remain. There is little opportunity for career growth, and the pay is below standard. Not to mention that the gear sold is antiquated and none seems to know how to do their job well, and the ones that do leave.
Pros
flexible schedule, no experience needed
Cons
everything is a hot mess
bad boss
Technical Director and show caller /switcher (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 7, 2017
I Had a bad boss so I quit. People don't quit on jobs, they quit when they are treated, and managed poorly. In order to be a leader, you must first lead.
Audio Visual Technician (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 5, 2017
Needs better management. Needs to provide training for employees.
Also doesn't promote employees who deserve it, they promote employees that they like even if the employee do not have the skills to do the job.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Psav
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCOctober 4, 2017
The work enviroment at PSAV was unbearable. The higher ups don't really consider their employees. There are a few onsite managers (sales/ operation) that do care about their staff. However the higher up only care about making themselves look good. Very cut throat and couldn't trust a co-worker. If you need a job to make ends meet, then go for it. But if you have another alternative, then I wouldn't go to PSAV.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PSAV. Our community is ready to answer.