PSAV Employee Reviews

Terrible company to work for
Event Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 30, 2017
I worked for PSAV for one year rite after graduating from college. They abuse their employees by overwork them and underpay them. They charge their clients so much for labor but you never get to see the money. Most employees and directors are decent people but the senior management makes it difficult. If you are fresh out of college, trying to get an experience , and learn skills its an okay company but definitely not a long-term company...unless you don't mind being miserable.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No work and life balance, under paid, over-worked
Great Opportunity To Advance If You Are A Go Getter -
Senior Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Southern CaliforniaJanuary 14, 2017
Fun Work - Great Learning Resources ( When They Work). Tremendous Opportunity For Growth -

The Compensation Is Below The Industry Median Range - ( considerably low) They Boast About Being A Billion Dollar Company - However; They Do Not Reward Those Who Make Those Billions Possible-

Operations Heavy , Little Support For Sales Teams .

Poorly Structured Infrastructure -Overworked and Squeezed For Profits-
Pros
Great Opportunity To Advance - Good Health Benefits- Good Tools Of The Trade Provided--
Cons
Underpayed, 401k Stinks, - Commission Structure Needs Improvement. To Catch Up With Industry Standards
A Great Job To Develop Your Professional Skills
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJanuary 10, 2017
I enjoyed my time at PSAV. Working in a convention hotel environment afforded me the opportunity to meet and work with some outstanding professionals. Each day presented new challenges and opportunities to learn. The most difficult part of this job was anticipating your work schedule as some months are intensely busy and others aren't. But if you're flexible, proactive, and don't mind working in a fast paced environment you have a better chance of succeeding in your career here.
Pros
Great opportunities to learn and grow professionally.
Cons
Work hours can be very long or short depending on business levels.
Not a bad company but not for everyone.
Assistant Director Of Event Technology (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 16, 2016
I worked in several roles with PSAV over 5 years. They had good insurance plenty of room for advancement. However most of the jobs they offer are in thier Hotel AV department and just know that the hospitality industry can be rough and takes a certain personallyamd is certainly not for everyone. But over all they took pretty good care of me while I was with them.
Pros
good people, advancement, benefits
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  National Harbor, MDDecember 6, 2016
Lax Work environment. A bit unorganized as a company overall. No real training onboarding to speak of. Good work life balance, friendly colleagues. Low Salaries.
Pros
Calm working environment, good work life balance, Friendly employees
Cons
unorganized. low pay.
Very focused on making sure the employees are prepared
Audio Visual Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 6, 2017
The face of P.S.A.V. was the employee helping the guests at the hotel. A lot of times there was just one person so he or she had to be very courteous to the guests and really had to know what he or she was talking about to solve whatever problem might come up.
Pros
Made sure the employees were properly trained.
Cons
None I can think of.
Overall rewarding job experience
Audio Visual Technician (Current Employee) –  Westlake Village, CASeptember 25, 2016
Learned many tools of the trade for audio visual events services industry. Advanced video and lighting sets. Honed live audio skills. Became skilled at mixing live bands and running event operations for high profile clientele.
Pros
Team building, Ample opportunity to improve technical skills and knowledge in a wide field of expertise.
Cons
At times overly physically demanding, Stressful situations stemmed from poor communication between management, clientele and technical team.
great company to work for
Shipping & Receiving Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Harbor City, CAJanuary 19, 2017
great company to work for great people all around .work with your times that you need company always has work always has over time there if need it
Pros
great managers great people to work with great company to work with
Cons
moved to Harbor city drive iss to long for me
very boring and corporate, got laid off due to lack of business after 3 months.
Audio/Video Technician (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 29, 2016
i didnt like it, you sat at a desk all day and did nothing.
7am to 3.

got laid off after 3 months. waste of my time. had to wear a suit, even though im dragging tables and chairs and setting up stages. had to dry clean them all the time.
Busy
AV Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 9, 2017
It is what you make it!! Some days are packed full of pop up shows and surprises and other days are very relaxing. The staff overall is a very creative and artsy staff. Everyone is usually on the same page and are very professional.
Pros
you get to work with different companies
Cons
parking and traffic
A wonderful place to work
Contract Senior Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 30, 2016
PSAV is a great place to work. They focus on mentoring their employees to the next level. They have fostered a culture of working together to provide excellent audio/visual and event technology to their clients, and an amazing workplace for their employees.
Avoid
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  AZAugust 30, 2016
Low pay, ineffective leadership, overworked staff when busy but cut hours when it's slow. Too many chefs in the kitchen- management is very inept at their job and will never listen to those who actually do the work for ways to improve. If you want to learn AV equipment it's not a terrible place to start but do not stay long. Go freelance if you ever consider corporate AV.
Pros
Experience with decent AV gear
Cons
Terrible management, unpredictable hours, no employee accountability making the job worse on those who care, extemely low pay
Co workers grate uper Management not so great
Warehouse Technician/Shipping / Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 8, 2016
Days start at 7 am schedule driver for delivery and pick ups of AV equipment ,and make sure team had what what need to get av gear out to shows and hotels .that just because your a manger dose mean you have say so in day to day operations . when I received the Mangers position I was told that I would get proper training but that never happens.every day had a new challenge as there wear always last Minuit orders that had to be made .some times using my own vehicle and never getting reimbursement and some times working more than 70hrsa week as a salary employee . working with a good team.
Pros
this company had its good days and bad ones High demand
Cons
Over worked as a Manager at times was told that had to work from home after working 10hr days
a lot of different facets
Asst Director of Event Technology (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 31, 2016
I was a manager and had a lot of different responsibilities and people to work with. On a good day when all went well, work could be very rewarding. Can be a bit overwhelming sometimes and you can get burnt out.
Pros
free food and other free stuff a lot
Cons
can be a lot of hours
Entry level dead end
Event Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 10, 2016
I got a job with PSAV recently and was told time and time again the position was one within my career path, which is not true. I don't get my schedules until sometimes a day before the next week of work and being part time is simply a way of them hiring you without full time benefits. I work anywhere from 30 to 60 hours a week, and worst of all is I have to do much of the manual labor and crawling around in the ceilings in a suit.
Pros
Free lunches at some properties, good entry level pay, nice like-minded workers
Cons
Position advancement with supplying benefits, work uinform (suit) gets destroyed within a week or two of work, no parking reimbursement, inability to plan life events around bad scheduling
Great employer, continuously improving
DET (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 6, 2016
By joining PSAV, you can expect to work hard, to have managers who listen and are willing to help you progress in your career. Work is fulfilling, and opportunities for advancement aren't scarce. A great place to thrive if you are truly service oriented. Benefits are good. Company is solid, very progressive in creating great work environment.
Pros
Good management, advancement opportunities, benefits
Cons
Schedule may vary week to week, hard to plan around job
Just a number
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  AZAugust 29, 2016
They mean well at the top,however doesn't make it way down to the bottom level. They acquire companies and discard the people they don't need. Upper management are not personable, just feed you corporate lingo to keep you out of there hair.
Pros
They pay well for the job you are hired for.
Cons
Will work you in to the ground. Treat lower level employees horrible.
It's a pretty good place to work at certain properties
Guest Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 13, 2016
PSAV is a very large company. After the merger with Swank, there were a lot of middle managers leftover from the Swank days. These people cause a lot of stress on their employees because of their lackadaisical management style. Overall, the company can be enjoyable to work for. Unfortunately, YMMV dramatically depending upon who you work with. I would recommend giving them a chance. The hardest part of my position is dealing with angry clients when you know your team member screwed up. Also, it's almost impossible to be fired if you are full time.
Pros
Job Security, Cheap Employee Cafeteria at Hotel Properties, Lots of Opportunities Within
Cons
Low Hours in Slow Season, 401K Matching is Terrible, Lazy Management, Unskilled Labor Causes Issues
Typical Day at work
Audio Visual Technician (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 21, 2017
I usually set up audio visual equipment for the clients that come in. Unfortunately I haven't gotten the chance to do any live sound even though I have live sound experience and I'm not sure why.
Will make you despise an industry you once loved
AVT (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 23, 2016
Horrible nepotism and incompetence. I've not met a single employee in 8 years who likes or respects PSAV's way of doing business. The customers despise them as well for price gouging of obsolete and broken equipment. Seems like they are trying to destroy an entire industry with a quick and vicious money-grab.
Pros
Cons
Every single thing except the other abused employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PSAV. Our community is ready to answer.