PSC Industrial Outsourcing LP Employee Reviews

Hydroblast Technician (Former Employee) –  Belle Chasse, LAOctober 24, 2017
Great place to work. Must be quick on your feet and use a lot of safety and common sense. All about who you know for job advancement. Other than the company offers great benefits.
Deceptive hiring practices
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  IndianaOctober 21, 2017
Deceptive hiring practices at the Indiana location. Culturally insensitive and NO diversity and inclusion. After company merged with Hydrochem, the bottom fell out. No job security with merger. Everyone is kissin’ a— to prove their worth and being cutthroats is the name of the game.
Pros
Easy commute to location
Cons
Deceptive hiring practice
i hated working for them
Chemical Technician (Former Employee) –  Woods Cross, UTOctober 17, 2017
I hated working at psc it was the only job I could find at the time they treat you as if your an inmate barely give you hours and they have there picks of who they select for a job
Pros
some good people
Cons
no hours
Decent company. They play favorites.
Technician (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHAugust 27, 2017
It's hard to move up unless you're friends with the boss. I saw a supervisor get demoted, because the bosses friend needed a stable position.
The pay is bad, And the only way they will pay you good money, is if you get your CDL License.
Pros
We're guaranteed 40hrs at my location, even if there is no work. One hour lunch. Decent benefits.
Cons
Management doesn't seem to care too much about their employees.
Great place to work until you make it up the ladder, lobster pot theory of every crawling over everyone else to get to the top.
Recruiting Manager/Safety (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 20, 2017
Had many great years but lots of jealousy from others that covet your position. Leadership are very poor communicators and will mislead you frequently
Pros
Great salary, great co workers (mid level management), great opportunities to gain experience to build your resume
Cons
Poor leadership that do not standby their commitments, lots of backstabbing from some departments. Upper management will mislead you to better themselves, lots of upper management running to take credit for accomplishments they had nothing to do with.
Amazing place to work
Centrifuge Technician (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAJune 11, 2017
Every day at wok is fulfilling and the people you work with are incredible. The quality of this kind of job is almost unparalleled. This company has a strict focus on safety because they care about their employees.
Pros
Per diem, very good pay
Cons
may have to travel which is difficult if you have a family
Ok place to work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, LAMay 30, 2017
It's a good place if you don't have many plans and love to work but if you have a family it's not one of them places you want to be. But overall great coworkers to be around
Pros
Work as much as you won't
Cons
No enough personal to cover work so you just being over worked all the time
great place to work but there is no guarantees
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 26, 2017
depends on if its daily maintenance or if there is a shutdown going on. Get with shift supervisor or crew leader for report on whats done or what needs to be done. conduct safety meeting. get crew together, tools and equipment that we may or may not need. then go to work. i love the people I work with. Thats what keep me working is relationships that you develop with people. Hardest part is being pushed by managers who know nothing about the actual work that we do.
Pros
per diem traveling
Cons
compensation, breaks, long hours
Great employees to work with
Operations Support (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXApril 12, 2017
Nice work environment. All employees worked as a team. Flexible schedule for those who have small children to tend to. Able to work from home as needed.
Pros
Great employee relationships
Cons
Lack of compensation/benefits
Worst Company I ever worked for
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 31, 2017
Micro Mange company by Area Manager, will have you do all dirty work and treats you horrible. When heat is on, all responsibility is on you, even with decisions being made above you
Convenient and exciting
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Leland, MSFebruary 13, 2017
Nice workplace, suitable environment, friendly and great people to work with. Pay wasn't enough for the hard work. Great forklift training environment.
dangerous atmosphere, road dog, never home
industrial cleaning (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Rapids, WIJanuary 4, 2017
if you like watching supervisors sit on there azz, while you work like a horse. injuries are covered up and they dont back there benifit policies. then this is the job for you. you'll never be home you live hotel to hotel. say no more fam your hired. eat your heart out with the shi*iest job you'll ever have. OSHA doesnt exist with them
Pros
money
Cons
everything
Productive workplace
Hydroblaster (Current Employee) –  Scott, LAOctober 8, 2016
Good company to work for. just never know when you're gunna have to work. Bad communications with managers. Expect you to work everyday without a day off
Busy work day, but very enjoyable
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MISeptember 23, 2016
I spent the majority of my day creating bills on computer based systems called Citrix, OMA, Oracle. I had several locations that I created bills for and along with the programs, I would be sent invoices from companies that we outsourced work to that I would have to manually add to created bills with in the billing program. It was my responsibility to ensure customers received their invoices in a timely fashion and according tho their requirements and ensured processed invoices were paid in a timely matter. In order to keep track of when invoices were scheduled for payment and paid on time, I would research invoices through a customer based payment portal, where I would receive information about early pay discounts, invoice acceptance/rejection, scheduled payment date, and payment status. I maintained Excel spreadsheets to record invoice and track the status of processed invoices. I kept my desk and paperwork very well organized as to not lose any important information I might need.
The office atmosphere was quite laid-back. We were encouraged to interact with our fellow co-workers and management. We were a team and family and would often help each other when someone was over-whelmed from a busy day, whether it just be an ear to listen or helping with work that needed to be done. We all wanted everyone to succeed and would do what it took to make sure that happened.
The hardest part about my job was processing our month end invoices. We were pushed to get as many bills processed and ready to be invoiced to avoid bills being carried into the next month. This often required
  more... extra steps and communication with location managers to ensure items being billed were correct and accurate.  less
Pros
great working atmosphere, free lunches, flexibility to work from home
Cons
healthcare
Good place to begin career
HRIS Administrator II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 12, 2016
This is a good place to begin a career. I had an enjoyable experience with PSC overall and did not leave under bad circumstances. I would be open to returning to the Company should the opportunity present itself.
It's work
Tech (Former Employee) –  Columbia, ILAugust 21, 2016
Work is the same as any other enviro-consulting firm. Plenty of opportunity to cross train in various lines of work. Co-workers are great. Relaxed environment.
great enviornment
Hazmat Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJuly 11, 2016
great productive days at work the managers was wonderful great co workers some days the customers didn't agree with the setup of the way we had to do our job
Pros
free food free travel
fun job
gritblaster (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 25, 2016
traveling is exciting I have made lots of new friends I have seen lots of new places I have learned lots of things I didn't kno before I took this job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  LouisianaJune 17, 2016
Equipment was up to date, they did not mind spending money on fixing it.Continuing to buy new and improved equipment. 24/7 work schedule.
Over worked and under appreciated
Driver 2 (Former Employee) –  Benicia, CAApril 16, 2016
I worked for psc two different times out of the Benicia, ca office. The first time I worked there I was a tech hydro blasting and tank cleaning back then in 2012-2014 you get hired on and they tell you after 90 days you'll get a rasie that doesn't happen. I didn't receive a rasie for over a year also as a tech i didn't have medical, vacation, sick, or holiday pay. I needed up getting my cdl and after working there for over 2 years they offered me less money than the hire new drivers off the street offer was $18. The second time I worked there i was a driver 2 starting pay was $23 but that was only due to me working for the competition where i was making $23.50 clean harbors. As a driver you don't get any vacation time until after a year the 401k is 1% and they just started doing that. You are on call 24 hours and are not compensated for being on call you'll kill yourself 40-80 hours a week. This is a okay job for short timers with no experience as soon as you get 2 years driving you can go anywhere making alot more money and you'll be able to have a life outside of work. Clean Harbors and KM are better companies and better pay.
Pros
A place to learn how to drive.
Cons
Pay, health benefits, vacation time, 401k, work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PSC Industrial Outsourcing LP. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6