PSC Metals Employee Reviews

Interesting and fun environment
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Slippery Rock, PAMay 7, 2015
Pros: I enjoy Maintenance work.
Cons: salary
Fast paced environment. There is always something needing repaired so there isnt much down time. I made lasting friendships. Working outside in the winter could be challenging but you learn to make the best of it. I always found satisfaction in completing any maintenance especially when any changes made our jobs easier.
Great working enviroment
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Canton, OHFebruary 17, 2015
Managed 2nd shift steel workers. In charge of all plant operations. Great place to learn scrap management and various types of non-ferrous metals.
An okay place to work.
Weighmaster (Former Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: management
Co-workers are easy to get along with. Management is sub par at best. The most enjoyable part of the job is the paycheck. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the weather.
nice atmosphere
scale weigh master (Current Employee), midwest regionFebruary 10, 2015
nice atmosphere, loud due to shredder and trucks entering the yard, worked at various locations and every location is different, feel welcome when coming to work
Great Place
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJanuary 6, 2015
I very much enjoyed both of the people I worked directly with as well as the people I worked indirectly with via phone and email. Everyone was always very friendly and more than willing to help out someone who was learning the industry as I was.
great people, great learning experience .
Utility Worker (Former Employee), Canton,OHDecember 13, 2014
Pros: the co-workers
Cons: taking away privliges
Would start the day inspecting machines. through out the day we would handle production and help customers. Management was good,the worst part of the job was the weather. The best part was the co-workers and customers.
productive and good place to work
crane operator (Current Employee), Wooster, OHNovember 14, 2014
Pros: overtime, and the skills you learn over time.
Cons: weather, pay, no medical insurance, no bonuses
we have some of the best management in psc metals . the hardest part of the job is dealing with the weather . the co workers are really good people to work with.
I am a dedicated, organized individual that wants to learn the business, do the job, be the go to person for questions/problems,, and grow with the co
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Barberton, OHNovember 11, 2014
Pros: teaching others
Review previous days activities to make sure all shipments have been picked up and delivered. I learned more about dispatching, arranging shipments, bills of lading and computer software.
The management of people was my highlight of the job everyone got along well and worked as a team.
As with any company, you have to get to know your co-workers there likes and dislikes and pull from them there joys of working at the company and overlooking there dislikes. There was no real hard part about working at PSC, everyday was a new learning experience.
The most enjoyable part of my day was working closely with my co-dispatcher in arranging and following through with dispatch procedures.
Same as other review for PSC Metals.
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Current Employee), Mayfield Heights, OHSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: no health insurance
Same as other review for PSC Metals. I held different positions at the same company.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK !
Crane Operator (Former Employee), Chesterton, INJuly 3, 2014
Pros: teamwork, co-workers, money
Cons: mostly outside..
You could always get overtime.. People were great to work with .. Management was very understand for most part. Salary wasn't up to other company's , but the benefits made up for it.. I always enjoyed going to work ...
not very organized
SUPERVISOR, CREW LEADER (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYMarch 12, 2014
Cons: several
NOT A GOOD COMPANY TO WORK FOR SEEMS LIKE THERE WHERE TO MANY CHIEFS AND NOT ENOUGH INDIANS THINGS WERE NOT DONE CORRECTLY
Enjoyed doing physical work with a group of great guys
Labor/Torch cutter/Crane operator (Former Employee), Canton, OHFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: enjoyed the work and guys i worked with
Cons: no job security, company locked the gates
I enjoyed working outdoors and problem solving every day situations. I learned how to operate many different pieces of equipment, using a torch, and millwright work. I also learned many different skills on and off the job site from co-workers who had many years of experience in the field. The most difficult part of the job had to be working outside in northeast Ohio year round. The most enjoyable part of the job was the accomplishment of completing a big project and seeing your hard work at its finished stage.
Could be a Decent place to work.
Frag Operator (Current Employee), Canton, OHJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: unstable at times, poor managment, unsafe
Lack in structure work environment, a lot of things happen that wouldn't be allowed such as on the job drug use and alcohol abuse by many employees running heavy machinery. Good pay and some good foreman.
No Way !
scrap yard (Former Employee), Akron OhioDecember 28, 2013
Cons: pay, no advancement, politics, hr
Run away from this place. Low pay, bad management, slave drivers.....

CONSTANT TURNOVER ! Gee I wonder why?
run!
former crane operator (Former Employee), Navarre, OhioNovember 27, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
Don't work for this company. They're money hungry slave drivers. At the end of the day, they only look out for themselves.
Friendly people
Buyer (Current Employee), Nashville, TNNovember 22, 2013
Pros: great benefits.
Cons: not enough training.
Management looks out for employees. Works in the environment. Co-workers are friendly.
Ok Place
Roll-off Driver (Former Employee), Rockwood, TNSeptember 9, 2013
Very low pay
hard work
not a great environment
Good Equipment though
not enjoyable at all
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Columbus, OHSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: free lunches occasionally
A very political and back stabbing place. Not organized. E.G. Never had any idea how much vacation time or sick I got because they didn't know. We had to keep track of it ourselves and if we took any time off we were reprimanded.
Scrap Yard
Machine operator (Former Employee), Crystal City, MOAugust 10, 2013
Maintained strict performance, quality and production standards, trained new employees and monitored their performance during probationary period. Machine operator, cutter and metal shredder, CAT operator, maintenance repairman.
Interesting coworkers and customers
Cashier (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: coworkers
Cons: security
Interesting job, no two days were the same, enjoyed meeting all types of people.