PSC Metals Employee Reviews in United States

Contacting and presenting options to customers was a daily event.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHFebruary 20, 2016
PSC was a large company that experienced great financial losses which resulted in massive lay offs.
This was disappointing because early in my employment, I was laid off as were most of my associates that I worked with and the president who was the person who hired me.
horrid
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 30, 2016
a good place to work after hel freezes over, going down hill fast. hope to find a good job soon. really not any thing to tell so dont keep requiring to add more to the review indeeddotcom. :)
Pros
Cons
many
workers pull together and make things work in every scenario
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  new philadelphia, ohAugust 4, 2015
small group of individuals who work together and help each other on a daily basis at our Tuscarawas yard. very fast paced work, but it makes the days go by faster.
Working for PSC Metals was challenging and rewarding.
Ferrous, Non-Ferrous Ins., (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 29, 2015
One can not be afraid to get dirty at PSC. No matter your position. Your are expected to do what's needed. Working outside in every weather element helped me to stay focused under extreme distraction. Management expected production to stay at a profit even when short handed. My co-workers and I often played many roles. Balancing multiple departments often seemed tuff, but knowing how much profit the company made each day was rewarding.
Pros
Sales and Heavy Machinery experiance.
Cons
Weather elements can be extreme.
Interesting and fun environment
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Slippery Rock, PAMay 7, 2015
Fast paced environment. There is always something needing repaired so there isnt much down time. I made lasting friendships. Working outside in the winter could be challenging but you learn to make the best of it. I always found satisfaction in completing any maintenance especially when any changes made our jobs easier.
Pros
I enjoy Maintenance work.
Cons
salary
Great working enviroment
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHFebruary 17, 2015
Managed 2nd shift steel workers. In charge of all plant operations. Great place to learn scrap management and various types of non-ferrous metals.
An okay place to work.
Weighmaster (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 17, 2015
Co-workers are easy to get along with. Management is sub par at best. The most enjoyable part of the job is the paycheck. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the weather.
Pros
good pay
Cons
management
nice atmosphere
scale weigh master (Current Employee) –  midwest regionFebruary 10, 2015
nice atmosphere, loud due to shredder and trucks entering the yard, worked at various locations and every location is different, feel welcome when coming to work
Great Place
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 6, 2015
I very much enjoyed both of the people I worked directly with as well as the people I worked indirectly with via phone and email. Everyone was always very friendly and more than willing to help out someone who was learning the industry as I was.
great people, great learning experience .
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Canton,OHDecember 13, 2014
Would start the day inspecting machines. through out the day we would handle production and help customers. Management was good,the worst part of the job was the weather. The best part was the co-workers and customers.
Pros
the co-workers
Cons
taking away privliges

Want to know more about PSC Metals?

Ask a question
productive and good place to work
crane operator (Current Employee) –  Wooster, OHNovember 14, 2014
we have some of the best management in psc metals . the hardest part of the job is dealing with the weather . the co workers are really good people to work with.
Pros
overtime, and the skills you learn over time.
Cons
weather, pay, no medical insurance, no bonuses
I am a dedicated, organized individual that wants to learn the business, do the job, be the go to person for questions/problems,, and grow with the co
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Barberton, OHNovember 11, 2014
Review previous days activities to make sure all shipments have been picked up and delivered. I learned more about dispatching, arranging shipments, bills of lading and computer software.
The management of people was my highlight of the job everyone got along well and worked as a team.
As with any company, you have to get to know your co-workers there likes and dislikes and pull from them there joys of working at the company and overlooking there dislikes. There was no real hard part about working at PSC, everyday was a new learning experience.
The most enjoyable part of my day was working closely with my co-dispatcher in arranging and following through with dispatch procedures.
Pros
teaching others
Same as other review for PSC Metals.
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHSeptember 4, 2014
Same as other review for PSC Metals. I held different positions at the same company.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
no health insurance
Great place to work !
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Chesterton, INJuly 3, 2014
You could always get overtime.. People were great to work with .. Management was very understand for most part. Salary wasn't up to other company's , but the benefits made up for it.. I always enjoyed going to work ...
Pros
teamwork, co-workers, money
Cons
mostly outside..
not very organized
SUPERVISOR, CREW LEADER (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMarch 12, 2014
Not a good company to work for seems like there where to many chiefs and not enough indians things were not done correctly
Cons
several
Enjoyed doing physical work with a group of great guys
Labor/Torch cutter/Crane operator (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHFebruary 4, 2014
I enjoyed working outdoors and problem solving every day situations. I learned how to operate many different pieces of equipment, using a torch, and millwright work. I also learned many different skills on and off the job site from co-workers who had many years of experience in the field. The most difficult part of the job had to be working outside in northeast Ohio year round. The most enjoyable part of the job was the accomplishment of completing a big project and seeing your hard work at its finished stage.
Pros
enjoyed the work and guys i worked with
Cons
no job security, company locked the gates
Could be a Decent place to work.
Frag Operator (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHJanuary 30, 2014
Lack in structure work environment, a lot of things happen that wouldn't be allowed such as on the job drug use and alcohol abuse by many employees running heavy machinery. Good pay and some good foreman.
Pros
good pay
Cons
unstable at times, poor managment, unsafe
No Way !
scrap yard (Former Employee) –  Akron OhioDecember 28, 2013
Run away from this place. Low pay, bad management, slave drivers.....

CONSTANT TURNOVER ! Gee I wonder why?
Cons
pay, no advancement, politics, hr
run!
former crane operator (Former Employee) –  Navarre, OhioNovember 27, 2013
Don't work for this company. They're money hungry slave drivers. At the end of the day, they only look out for themselves.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Friendly people
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 22, 2013
Management looks out for employees. Works in the environment. Co-workers are friendly.
Pros
great benefits.
Cons
not enough training.

2.8