PSC Metals Employee Reviews

greedy corporation
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Paragould, ARFebruary 10, 2018
They don't care about employees. Workers are looked down upon. Their only concern is to increase bonuses for upper management. They don't care if you have any issues. They don't want you to bother them. Just work and take the peanuts they pay you.
Pros
Absolutely none
Trash Job
Laborer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 28, 2018
Pay very poor in stl location you make 12.50 a hr to deal with bs the work out weigh the pay PLEASE don’t waste your time thus company is the worse!!!
Pros
You learn how to operate forklifts etc to go get a better paying less stressful job
Cons
Pay it’s all about money company sucks
Scale Inspector
Cashier / Scale Inspector (Former Employee) –  Sikeston, MOOctober 30, 2017
The crew I worked with were pretty solid. The previous manager was a thief and was fired thankfully but the newly appointed one was excellent. Fast paced day. Great attitudes
Pros
Fantastic people
Cons
6 days a week
PSC is a fast paced environment. Multitasking is required.
Junior Dr, St. Charles (Current Employee) –  Wright City, MO 63390October 24, 2017
Half of the day is doing labor work. The other half is doing office work. Being able to multitask is a must. Working Saturdays and being able to drive long distances is a requirement as well. It is a dirty job and you need to be okay with working in hot and cold weather conditions.
good place to work with the right management
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Union City, GASeptember 27, 2017
wanted to get hired permanently because it was close to home and i like working with others i also was looking forward to moving up and i like working with cars. they just needed a better manager in my department
Pros
good co workers, good hours and most of the managers were good to work for
Cons
wrong management in some departments
Greeneville facility only operated for about 8 months
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNJuly 25, 2017
Paid training in Knoxville. Enjoyed training, learned a lot in very short amount of time.Great management in Knoxville. Sorry to say not nearly the same in Greeneville. Doomed to fail from day one. Poorly designed facility. Greeneville facility lacked ambitious, qualified leadership in management resulting in little cooperation/team-work between co-workers at this location.
Pros
Happy to have had the opportunity in metals industry.
Cons
sorry it did not work out even though it was low pay
Steady flow, productive
Weighmaster/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 7, 2017
Steady work flow but sometimes busy, Most of the customers are friendly. I enjoyed having my own little office to my self. I learned to work on a touch screen computer and everything that their is to know about scrap metal from steel to copper.
Pros
No work on weekends
Cons
30 minute lunch
It ok to work at no health insurance
Second opp (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 23, 2017
It a friendly environment no health insurance and it a dangerous place to work at they have taken everything u earn away from us some people here like working the long hr n all the over time
Pros
No insurance
Cons
Pay is good
good place to work
Local Area Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 21, 2017
Good people to work with. Management was ok. I like the job. Easy to do. Sometimes the places i had to go to was a little difficult to get to. Somme places was not bad
Challenging environment
Metallurgical Technician/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJanuary 24, 2017
Working outdoors presented it's own challenges but co-workers made it worthwhile.
Each manager had his own style which had to be adapted to. Office people were understanding.
Unsatisfactory
Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioJanuary 22, 2017
Constant turnover in the Corporate office has created low morale and is causing talented people to find employment elsewhere. The culture has become, "do this or else", and people are not the most precious commodity.
Director of Network Operations (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 17, 2016
The work life balance here was great. The management was easty to work with and for. The only draw back was they had no health insurance and the pay only ok.
Pros
Work life balance was good
Cons
No Health Insurance
Company is making cut backs right
Shipping and Receiving Manager (Current Employee) –  Barberton, OHNovember 3, 2016
My typical day is very fast paced and busy. I received my tow motor license. I learned a great deal about non ferrous material. Extremely filthy job. Going through management changes and cut backs in all areas.
very poorly run
industrial buyer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 19, 2016
All hard work will not help for this new industrial position,they can not handle the new business brought to them.

There is no training .

Other buyers are not industrial buyers, position was created to go after new business. People were friendly.

High turn over, management,and buyers.
Pros
Cons
poorly run
Finally manager who appreciate his employees
Cashier/Weighmaster (Current Employee) –  Granite City, ILFebruary 23, 2016
Compensation is very poor, different manager every 6 mos average.

I have finally seen some encourgement. But the salary and benefits are not good.

I love what I do at this company.
Contacting and presenting options to customers was a daily event.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHFebruary 20, 2016
PSC was a large company that experienced great financial losses which resulted in massive lay offs.
This was disappointing because early in my employment, I was laid off as were most of my associates that I worked with and the president who was the person who hired me.
Finding prospects that produce scrap metals as part of the priocess.
Sales/buyer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 1, 2016
This was very challenging due to the large geographic area that I was assigned. I learned the value of shredding material.
horrid
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 30, 2016
a good place to work after hel freezes over, going down hill fast. hope to find a good job soon. really not any thing to tell so dont keep requiring to add more to the review indeeddotcom. :)
Pros
Cons
many
good peple work there
Class B Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHDecember 1, 2015
but upper management doesnt have a clue maybe thats why they cant make money but for 21 years i enjoyed working there the last two have been miserable i was layed off after 23yr of service
Good Environment to Work
Dispatch Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 4, 2015
I enjoyed my time at this company and gained knowledge into the metals side of logistics.I would advocate others to seek employment here.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
No Benefits