PSCH, Inc Employee Reviews

Great QA Team
Coordinator of Training (Former Employee) –  College Point, NYOctober 13, 2014
Coordinated training's in regulatory subjects for NY and NJ.
Pros
had autonomy.
Cons
little job security
Fun work place.
Habilitation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYMay 10, 2014
I work with clients that have mental illness. How to work with the MH population. Management is alright depending on who you are managed by. Co-workers are great people. The overwhelming paperwork and work they want you to do with the clients for little pay. Most enjoyable part of the job is watching consumers with MH return back to a normal way of living day by day.
Pros
flexibility, fun loving atmosphere.
Cons
low pay
A good experience.
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  College Point, NYJune 11, 2013
I enjoy working with the group of indivials I am currently working with. It was a great experience. I am confident that the knowledge I have gained will be valuable to my next employer.
Good for gaining experience in the field
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYFebruary 11, 2013
They say there is room for growth/advancement, but it does not seem so. It seems like although you can apply for positions in other departments they would rather hire from outside instead of giving someone from within a chance.
Pros
benefits/lenient work schedule
Enjoyed the team I worked for
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 7, 2013
Worked with mental health provided assistant to the team leader and associates.
Great work place
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  College Point, NYJanuary 14, 2013
day consisted of custodial maintenance work and interacting with others (Customer care). Get my work orders, go to the property and carry them out. If the customers have other issues that needs to be fixed i would then make up my own work orders and do them them then and there. I learned how to fix alot of things and being that we were trusted enough to be unsupervised we only called on them if we hit a snag. S we were all hands on physically and verbally. Co-Workers were great and supportive. Really was know hard part of the job when you got use to the work.
Pros
meet new people all the time
Fun Collaborative Work Environment
Assistant Residence Manager (Current Employee) –  Rosedale, NYJanuary 11, 2013
I love the work that I do everyday, working for and with the developmentally disabled is the most enjoyable part of my day. I enjoy working in a team where all works for one positive outcome.
Great place to work!
DEPUTY DIRECTOR - D D SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYNovember 26, 2012
A wonderful experience. I learned a great deal about management and administration.
Pros
great management team; very progressive
Cons
low tolerance for poor quality
A Great Place to Work!
DEPUTY DIRECTOR - DD SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYNovember 9, 2012
A wonderful work environment with excellent benefits. Administrators are very focused on ensuring that quality care is foremost in all of the services provided. The organization works hard on providing the best, cost effective care for the mental health and developmentally disabled populations. Great, supportive people to work with. A great opportunity for people wanting to get a good first experience with a human service organization.
Pros
excellent benefits, good supports for staff and consumers, responsive management
Cons
low tolerance for poor quality
Very Rewarding Experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYOctober 8, 2012
I enjoyed working with PSCH, Inc because I was able to help people in need. I had a great relationship with my staff and manager. We took consumers out on trips and planned birthday parties for them. When needed, I often assisted the staff with showers, etc when my work was complete. The hardest part of my job was that many of the consumers had behavioral issues and they cannot their tempers. We were given S.K.I.P classes and CPR to protect ourselves and the consumers in the event there was an issue. The most enjoyable part of my job was that I loved working with the consumers. We had alot of laughs with all of them
Pros
helping people
Cons
i didn't have coworkers or peers. i worked in the residence with staff and my supervisor