PSEG Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Manager Procurement Business Support (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 17, 2016
I started at PSEG in April of 2008 as a IT Category Lead for Procurement and moved up within the Procurement department throughout my career there.

Utility companies are conservative by nature so don't expect to see the latest technologies but overall a good place to work if you want someplace you can stay long term.
Needs improvement
Materials Management Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJune 30, 2016
Great job and great company. Training for incoming supervisors is terrible. I received 1 day of training and then was left on my own. was not given all the proper information about what is required of me as well as all the rules and regulations. the only time I heard from my management was when there was a problem.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
poor training, lack of support, deaf ears to recommendations
I hated working their
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 30, 2016
I have nothing decent to say about this company however, I did work for three attorneys that treated me very well, which doesn't say much when a company is as large as PSE&G. If your not a V.P. you are garbage to them.
Pros
Great Healthcare benefits
Cons
Not a nice place to work
very productive day
Meter Reader (Current Employee) –  Cranford, NJJuly 17, 2016
Very safe and great company to work for. Just not enough pay for meter reader job and not permanent position no benefits until full time employee!
typical work day at PSEG
Temporary Nuclear Worker (Former Employee) –  Hancocks Bridge, NJJuly 3, 2016
Walked around and helped permanent workers with whatever they needed help with in order to complete the mission at hand.
working lie
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJune 5, 2016
use&g is a good employer that looks after its employees in the form of wages, benefits and safety. training is excellent.
love this job
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ridgefield, NJMarch 3, 2016
Love this job, the pay is great, can be very challenging at times but comes with a lot of benefits. Bonuses ,credit union, schooling, extensive training
pseg
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cranford, NJJanuary 27, 2016
I love to working for pseg I because provide quality customer service to thousands of customers. However it is nice place to work at, pays great,
besides politics there & the union is a joke.
Money to be made however, at the loss of a social life
Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJDecember 14, 2015
My days on the construction site always vary. I never know when I'm leaving for the day. I never know if its going to be a "normal" eight hour day or an eighteen hour day. I typically work between 60-90 hours a week. Seven days a week. I've learned to perfect communication skills in the work place. My co-workers are often different crew members. I bounce around quite often. Hardest part of my job is balancing a life. A life I don't have, too many hours and not enough time left in the day to do much. All for a bigger and better goal. Moving to Los Angeles. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with my crew members. I'm a very social person so if I can make their day a bit better with a laugh or some encouragement then I'm a happy man. The most enjoyable part of my job is ensuring the fact that my men work safely and follow OSHA regulations and above all, go home to their families at the end of the day.
Pros
Pay and overtime.
Cons
Long hours, long stressful days, nonstop running around, typically not enough time to take a break.
eh
Engineering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 18, 2016
ok to work for they are very professional but they favor more people with experience rather than people that want to learn to get ahead in the company
Productive and Efficient
Financial Analyst, Business Strategy&Planning Cost (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 16, 2015
8am-5:30 am, Monday-Friday (some weekends)

Emails

Ad hoc request

day to day/ month to month file maintenance and reporting (externally/ internally)

one hour lunch

Provide input to senior management for allocation capital dollars. weather it be in a meeting for finical reports and statements.

Communicate/resolve issues with each LOB (Fossil, Nuclear, Trading, and Power Support)
Great Place
Sr. Project Consultant (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 16, 2015
Flexible work hours and open door policy makes this a top tier company to work for. Management is open and understanding and values their employees.

A person would join this company and stay.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Under staff
Exceelent Work Enviorment
Fire Protection Operator (Former Employee) –  Salem, NJJuly 8, 2015
Walked to certain areas at a certain time to check for fires and cleaned certain areas. Worked well with management and coworkers. I learned how to work with other people through communication. The hardest part of the job, yet the most enjoyable was walking.
Business objects developer
Sr Business Objects Developer (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJFebruary 25, 2015
• Having 8+ years of experience in providing viable business solutions using SAP Business Objects Suite BI 4.0/3.1 XI/R2/6.5,5.1.7, IDT, Designer, WEBI, Info view, DESKI, Import Wizard, Upgrade Management Tool, Report Conversion Tool, Publishing Wizard, Crystal Reports, BO Explorer and Visualizations tools Xcelsius and Tableau.
• Experience interacting with stakeholders, gathering requirements and assigning priorities to each of them.
• Expertise in creating complex Ad hoc Universe and reports using BOXI 4.x/R3/R2/6.5/5.1.7
• Worked in all the phases of the project life cycle using SAP Business Objects technologies.
Good Work environment
ABAP Developer (Former Employee) –  NewJerseySeptember 14, 2015
Good Work environment. Very supportive management. Have a very good team members who helps when in need of help . Having fun time at Team outing and also many fun activities.
Great Learning experience with nuts and bolts of accounting
Sr. Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 2, 2014
Pretty routinized with varying information received that must be reviewed, interpreted and journaled to the General Ledger. Very busy environment and multitasking a must. Got a very thorough experience closing the books of record for the month and developing IT skills. Most individuals are great to work with, few issues with some of management that are beyond my control. Successfully closing the books even without adequate support system, has made me a stronger accountant.
Pros
Bonuses, vacation time and a well run company overall with adequate resources.
Cons
Lack of support/teamwork opens door for unecesary issues with timing, and potential for errors.
Enjoyed the different types of investigations
Asset Protection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 22, 2014
A salaried position with normal working hours. However, I enjoyed the hours were flexible based on the types and locations of assigned investigations. Co-workers were high motivated professionals that cared about the quality of there work and the company.
Pros
Freedom to be creative and take the initiative to accomplish Investigative tasks
Cons
Written report process
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is a publicly traded (NYSE:PEG) diversified energy company headquartered in New Jersey, and one of the ten larg
Sr. SAP PLM, NPDI, cProjects, xRPM Consultant (Former Employee) –  NJSeptember 24, 2014
Developing Blueprints as per Business requirements, validating the requirements with Business, Master Data Preparations, Supply Chain Planning, Organization Structure discussions, Configuring pilot systems as per Project Business scenarios.
overworked
Unappreciated former employee (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJFebruary 18, 2015
Many are doing the jobs of 2-3 people with very little recognition. Manager played on their ipad on fb for a majority of the day when not in meetings they created. There is definitely favoritism and some work none stop all day while others walk around socializing and get credit for everything. Very old school procedures.
hardworking and benficial financially
Meter Reader (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 26, 2014
Typical work day consists of meeting residents of nj, reading their gas and electric meters while giving them a friendly and pleasant encounter. I have learned through this position just how the people of Northern Nj live and work hard to build for their families. Management within the meter reading department is fully supportive and very helpful to me as an employee. The hardest part of this job is to walk around the various neighborhoods day after day despite any weather conditions. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting different people, and not having to be confined to a desk or a room for a full days pay.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
physical damage to the body

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PSEG. Our community is ready to answer.