PSG

PSG Employee Reviews

Overall awesome place to work
bartenfer (Former Employee), Toledo, OHMarch 23, 2015
Pros: employee activities, fundraisers
Cons: healthcare
Typical day at work consisted of going into work and enjoying my time there. Management and staff are really involved with one another. Most enjoyable time of the day was on weekend nights and the hardest part was trying to memorize thousands of drinks.
There's a reason they rank so low on Yelp
Admin Asst (Former Employee), BostonJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: they seem friendly enough
Cons: low pay, no healthcare, poor life balance, rude staff
Despite it's low reviews on Yelp, I decided to try them out anyways. Immediately they had a job offer below my going pay rate on my first interview but I was willing to at least listen. I turned them down for that job but my PSG rep said she would work to find me something that matched my skill set and current pay rate. In the end she talked a big game but didn't deliver by getting something that paid – more... even less. She explained it was just a way to get my foot in the door of the company and I could work with the supervisors from there. Not only did meeting with the supervisors go nowhere, the commute was much too far and PSG couldn't find me something closer to home. I thought it can't hurt to try and see what the company could offer so I agreed to a short stay and after 3 days it was definitely clear a supervisor would not be speaking to me about better positions available especially when the that supervisor had had those days off. So I contacted my rep to let her know it wasn't working out and not worth my 52 round trip miles daily commute. I was simply told by her "If you don't like it, we will find someone else that will" and she acted as I was the offending party. Thanks for being compassionate, polite and helpful... After that I was done when it became clear they really aren't interested in your background and what you can bring to the table. They tell you what you want to hear to get you through the door just to fill the mostly entry or low level jobs they have so THEY can get paid. Also, the jobs listed on their website are mostly fake. Definitely earned their low ranking on Yelp. – less
Working at a management company for the first time
Customer Service / Receptionist (Current Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
A typical day at work would be answering the phone and meeting new people.
At first I didn't know that much about that field area, but I learned a lot and it became a lot much easier to grasp.
As far as co-workers I was basically by myself at times, but I got use to it.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the tenants reactions when it came time for me to help them with their problems and situations.
Young company, Old games
waste management, (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: professional talker that will get the contracts needed for her employees
Cons: minimum wage regardless of contract, six month minimum before consideration for perm employ
biggest issue with this company is receiving pay. had to wait over a month and a half to receive a check i was supposed to receive after the first two weeks. an accumulation of owed checks were distributed one by one even though the manager was in possession of all owed funds. no compensation was offered for out of pocket expenses. wound up putting out more money to take on assignments -as a favor – more... to the manager (first indication of a poor working atmosphere)- which i informed the employer i would not be able maintain when first offered. was cajoled and promised that a favor garnered favor, only to be used at the managers whim.
manager is very upfront though and will tell you that when it is time for promotions she will inform the employers to either "use" you as you are not a preferable employee or to promote you according to how much back bending you have done for her...manager spends too much time arguing with employees, creating a hostile working environment. you are, also, not allowed to seek employment with any of the contracted employers for up to a year after leaving PSG – less
Was placed on assignment quickly
Temporary Worker (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 25, 2014
The job site was clean and co-workers were very professional. It was a nice place to work.
The jobs are too far and few between
Seasonal Employment (Current Employee), Elizabethton, TNAugust 30, 2012
When work is available, it is a great job, but I am looking for something more stable and full time.
One of the employment agencies in Boston, MA
Claims/Billing Processor (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 9, 2012
Pros: new jobs ready when assignment is over
Cons: sometimes it is pretty slow, a job seeker can slip through the cracks
After the registration process, they find jobs that match any skills or experience you might have. In addition to this, they offer training to update your skill which enables you to be more marketable.
Headquarters