PSI SOLUTIONS Employee Reviews

No organization, poor communication, no support for employees
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHOctober 28, 2017
Received almost no support from PSI staff when problems arose at my placement to the point of being placed into an extremely uncomfortable position that ultimately led to me leaving the company. PSI did not properly communicate with me while I worked for them and there was little to no organization within the company.
Pros
Paid well
Cons
No organization, no support for staff, misleading information given, will alter or change your position if they want to
Negligent and Dangerous
Intervention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 3, 2017
They steal taxpayer's money for educating poor, inner-city children in charter schools. They deny children the services they need, provide employees with absolutely nothing, lie to you, ignore you, and you'll never even see their faces. They think IEPs are profit opportunities. Disgusting. But the check$ are FAT. I reported it all to the Ohio Department of Education.
Example: 45 on my caseload, Severe ED but no CPI. Gun threats ignored, dangerous
Pros
Hold out for big money, they're desperate
Cons
Corporate Greed, Government Corruption, Might Die
it wasa good job
Engine Assembler (Former Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILJune 19, 2017
the job was not bad it was just the pay i liked the hours and i liked my co workers just needed to pay a little more moneyyou get hired through a temp agency and they never kept anybody people kept quiting or got fired.
Good
Intervention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHJune 5, 2017
Worked at a separate location.
Supervisor was helpful.
Placements vary, could be a great position, could be a very difficult working conditions.
Work with a variety of people.
PSI's culture was very supportive.
For the most part you work on your own at a separate location, but supervisors available when needed
Pros
Most of the People are easy to work with
Cons
No guarantee that you will have a position from year to year
Fantastic place to work!
Intervention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Parma, OHMay 19, 2017
Fantastic place to work with supportive supervisors. Many professional development opportunities and trainings. Opportunities to work in a variety of school settings.
Great way to stack up some cash
Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 11, 2017
A job where if you need to hustle extra cash on the side or if you need to save up some money this is the right job for you because you keep what you earn.
Good starting point
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHApril 28, 2017
Pros: great supervisors (especially for SLPs in their CFY), supportive, helpful, holidays/school breaks off

Cons: low pay, expensive health insurance, no dental insurance, no 401K match until after 3 years of employment, limited amount of tests/materials
If you love working with children, this the place for you.
District Nurse WHCSD (Current Employee) –  Warrensville Heights, OHMarch 2, 2017
I love my job. I work with students, parents, teacher, administrators and other public school staff. This job is great, because I do not work nights, weekends or holidays.
Pros
Working with students
Cons
Low pay, few benefits
Fair
HEALTH AIDE (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHNovember 30, 2016
Does not allow for growth. Position is not mentally challenging. Also lacks diversity. Requires an extra job to make ends meet. Management staff at times helpful but expect the impossible.
Pros
staff ok
Cons
Salaried, part time, benefits to high poor salary
A True Family Friendly Place to work
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 16, 2016
PSI is really focused on taking care of not only the children in the schools but also it's employees. The pay and benefits may be a little less than other places but the flexibility and camaraderie is by far the best I have ever worked in. Management wants to hear new ideas and really appreciate's it's staff. Employees are pushed to develop professionally and spread their wings.
Pros
Flexible schedule, Professional Development, Family oriented
Cons
Salary/benefits
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 18, 2016
The hardest part of the job was having to fire people. Because I would always try to work with people before i let them go. Finding out what the problem was and try to find a way to fix it some time the only way to fix it was to let them go.
Pros
learned not to be bias
Cons
working with people
Best company I've worked for!!!
lpn (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 7, 2015
Everyone at PSI is caring, knowledgeable, and GRATEFUL for all of their employees! It's wonderful knowing you are appreciated! I love the hours, the staff at the school, and the training provided! I'm a lifer!
Pros
Work hours, friendly management, supportive
Cons
N/a
Great Place to work
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  OhioNovember 6, 2015
This company should be listed in great place to work. They care about the employees. You are treat as a valued part of the team.
Pros
Great company to work for.
Cons
Pay is very low
fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLSeptember 30, 2015
was fun once you had a grasp on the system and the insurance and how to tell if patient had coverage, once new all that it was a fun place to work. Work and home life batrainilance was good also.
Pros
training
Cons
the fact that they closed here.
Great company to work for.
LPN-Substitute School Nurse (Current Employee) –  Twinsburg, OhioJuly 11, 2015
I assist students in various schools with medication administration and with any illnesses or injuries while at school.
great company to work for
School Psychologist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 4, 2014
I have LOVED every minute with PSI and Life Skills. I have become a better school psychologist in my time here by surrounding myself with the most knowledgeable and professional people I have ever worked with. If I hadn't moved across the country, I would've been a lifer. PSI placed me in schools with some of the most dedicated staff I have worked with to date. I will miss everyone and know you will continue to hire great people to help support some of the most rewarding districts in Ohio.
Pros
7 hour day
Owner and Management Team respectful of each employee
ESL Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cleveland OHJune 13, 2014
In 2010 I started helping to set up the ESL program with management and another employee. I felt that my background and experience brought a lot of information to the table and felt the response of PSI to be positive. A new program was being developed and PSI followed the State and Federal Guidlines to insure that it would be properly implemented.
As we added new ESL teachers we found that all were passionate about this unique field of education. All those that I've worked with make the students feel #1 in their priority of teaching.
The most enjoyable part of the job is who I work with and watching the second language learners smile when they "get it!" They are loving children and can't wait to go to ESL small group class.
Pros
Flexibility when needed
Cons
Building conditions where we teach
Very Positive Experience
Human Resource Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 16, 2014
Having worked for PSI for more than a year, I would highly recommend the company to anyone. The management team is caring and supportive. The supervisors I work with are available to answer questions, offer guidance and help resolve problems. Each PSI employee I work with is professional, dedicated and focused on providing the best quality services to the students with whom they work. I would not hesitate to refer friends and family to work at PSI.
Pros
Convenient Schedule (School based hours/ breaks) plus knowledgable, caring staff
Cons
The pay rate. The convenient schedule is worth the trade-off for me and my family.
As a contractor for this company...........
School Psychologist (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, OhioMay 12, 2014
I have had a great experience with PSI. This was my first year contracting in a different state and it couldn't have been a better first experience. The management staff is so helpful and very friendly. PSI employees are a team and treat everyone as a valued member of that team. They have taken the time to understand my specific situation and worked with me to make my work experience positive. I truly appreciate the support, kindness and understanding during my first year transitioning into a different state. They have provided training opportunities and made me feel like a valued member of a wonderful team. They are up to date on their regulations and understanding of state law in the area of education and relay that quickly to their staff. I truly appreciate the opportunity to work for such an amazing company that truly cares about what they do and the their employees.
Pros
Management, staff, flexible work environment and a team mentality
Cons
None at this time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PSI SOLUTIONS. Our community is ready to answer.