PSI Employee Reviews in United States

Very rewarding workplace
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Parma, OHMay 16, 2016
A typical day at work would be to operate a schools clinic, including, administering daily medications and diabetic care ( glucose checks, insulin injections, ketone checks, and carbohydrate counting). The management here is great and understanding, and they are very friendly. The most rewarding part of the job is the interactions with the students.
Pros
Summer break, spring break, and winter break
Cons
very busy at times, repeative at times
productive workplace
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAMay 2, 2016
a typical day at work consists of going in at 7am, they tell you what you're going to work at that day and that's will you most likely stay all day. You usually have to simple tasks as in putting caps on shampoo bottles but you have to work as fast as the machine or you will mess up the whole line. other people have to package the boxes and put them on a palette where it will be brought to the stores.
Pros
a lot of breaks
Cons
short breaks, never stop working
I am a nurse for adolescents at a high school.
LPN School Nurse (Current Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHApril 25, 2016
I have up to 20 students come into the clinic a day. Most of the care that I give is minor like a scrap or cut from gym class. Other things like a concussion can get pretty serious and can require that the student be sent out. I also have students that come in daily for medication or diabetes care. I have great co workers who work as a team to be sure the students are taken care of. The hardest part of my job at times is determining whether a student should be sent home. The most enjoyable is working with teens and speaking about their future as I patch them up.
Fun place to work; great co-workers.
Secretary/Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXApril 16, 2016
I learned mostly on my own or asking administrative staff from other offices since we shared the same program. Co-workers made it a fun place to work. The hardest part of the job where the long hours. The best part was that everyone cooperated and worked hard.
Pros
Family environment. Boss very understanding to and flexible to time off regarding family.
Cons
Only had about a week of training.
efficient, productive and fair
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 14, 2016
this employer sent me on a project based assignment with a clear beginning and ending date, fair compensation and a work environment that fostered my ability to focus on and complete the task.

one of my very favorite employers so far
Pros
clear expectations, fair pay, productive environment
Cons
Under paid for the work you do
Proctor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 22, 2016
Working for PSI was okay to me. Definately a stepping stone job. There is NO room for growth. You get a whopping 2% raise every year. The job can be a little tedious. There's a lot of steps for a job with pay this low. Some fast food workers get paid more then PSI. I have been waiting for my check over a week. No one there when you need help.
Pros
No supervison
Cons
Long hours, under paid, no paychecks
Nice place to work
Office Manager/Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAMay 9, 2016
Very hard work. It did pay off. The co-workers were all very nice and fair and worked with you to get ahead with the company. The hardest part of the job is when the company was bought out and everything changed. The upper management outside the office didn't work well with employees or the Temp workers.
fast pace easy going self starting work place
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 18, 2016
Productive work place were you could grow with the company. the most enjoyable part of my job was working with others and being a good role model As far as coming to work on time how to respect others filling in when needed. Taking on extra shifts as needed.
Pros
love talking to people
Cons
helping others
Checking eyes and ears
RN (Current Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHFebruary 22, 2016
I really enjoy my days at my schools. Every school is different. I love doing vision and hearing screenings on the youngest students
kindergarten and first graders, They are so excited .and it becomes contagious.
I usually work alone at the schools. There is another RN in Toledo that does the same screenings that I do, but she has her own assigned schools. We did work together when I first started working at PSI, I really enjoyed that. But I really do not mind working alone. There is always someone from the school that is there if I need something
Pros
flexibility in scheduling
Cons
I only get paid once a month.
Good co-workers, poor managers.
Sr Developer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 25, 2016
PSI was a company that provided Java Development services to the Government via contract employment. The work environment was calm and open. I was laid off from my position after the contract ended. As of 3/25/2016 PSI has named a new CEO.
Cons
Supervisors were put under a large amout stress, The tendency was to pass it down to the employees.
Friendly and Family orented
Fulltime Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 31, 2016
Typical day was great supervisors and managers and other workers where very friendly and helpful always a great use of team work.
how to presort and manage incoming and out going mail, to clean a machines and feed machines how to tell the difference between 1oz, 2oz, and 3oz mail. Number and label skids. How to fix the small problems with the machines. How to barcode mail. How to clear a machine in under 5-10mins. Set up and continue the presort process.
Wonderful a pleasure to work with.
Nothing one the best jobs I ever had always had me moving and learning new thing and pushing me to work harder.
Very family friendly work place
Pros
Always has you moving and wanting to work harder to get new job titles.
Cons
good health care, breaks was relaxing
Fun but stressful environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 6, 2016
This company has great potential but needs new management and to treat long term employees better and offer advancement.
Pros
Raises every year and annual bonus every year
Cons
Shows favoritism and does not recognize dedicated long term employees.
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 15, 2016
Fast paced work establishment with co-workers that help you get the work out correctly and on time. The hardest part was when it was time to end your work day and you have another mail truck to unload but we enjoyed the teamwork.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Productive and fun workplace
Cognos Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 17, 2016
Amazing experience working for PSI, One can grow easily by working hard and making sure that they are able to deliver. Very friendly environment.
Pros
Free lunches, etc
Cons
short breaks, healthcare, etc
Keeps you busy. Job not secure
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT/BILLING (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CAMay 12, 2016
I enjoyed working here because it kept me busy and I learned a lot. But as a contracting company if the business is doing bad they drastically cut your hours and then lay you off.
Quality Inspector / Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 20, 2016
Job is well to ado enjoy working with the people I encounter. Why do you need to know about this company I only won't to set a profile for a job not to rate previous employment....
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Provide great insight of sales /also having team bonding events
Valet (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 6, 2016
My time at Dick's sporting goods was filled with memories and life lessons. Being able to establish connections with customer based of f of life similarities made being a sales rep have more meaning .
Incredible place to work.
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 20, 2016
The owners is an amazing person to work for. He has an incredible work ethic and is always looking to better everyone around him.
Vendors and customers alike, enjoy working with him.
Good company with the potential to be great.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLDecember 2, 2015
Work is not very difficult, though tedious and repetitive. Training and coaching is ongoing. Current client customers were generally pretty pleasant to talk to. Worked on night shift which is not bad. A decent call center job. Management tends to micromanage employees increasingly the longer their tenure. Morale of employees can be a downer and management can overemphasize the production goals ad nauseum making for a stressful environment at times.
Pros
Good client. Easy call work.
Cons
Can be tedious. Atmosphere and morale is poor.
Clients are a priority for services rendered,
Shuttle Driver (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 12, 2016
Good communication with workers as well as rapport with clients. Clients are always a priority for services and driving with caution is a priority for destinations.