PSI Employee Reviews

Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDAugust 2, 2016
Work schedule is flexible,
I learned writing test plan and test cases directly in QC , Managing test defects in Business serena.
Manager is nice
Coworkers are friendly
Writing High level SQL
writing high level SQL and same time working on production, development and test bed
Excellent company to work for.
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 23, 2016
High paying work as a contractor there. They treated me well and were very attentive to my needs I would highly recommend this company to anyone in IT. Pay is great.
Nice place to work
Office Manager/Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAMay 9, 2016
Very hard work. It did pay off. The co-workers were all very nice and fair and worked with you to get ahead with the company. The hardest part of the job is when the company was bought out and everything changed. The upper management outside the office didn't work well with employees or the Temp workers.
Poor management and ethics
Security Officer at SCMC (Current Employee) –  Bend, ORSeptember 15, 2013
They pay a little more than the average industry in the area, but no medical benefits and we top out at a base pay. Our pay scale is the least in the company and we have the highest stress level, danger, and confrontation exposure. There's no room for advancement and any request for cross training isn't acknowledged. Poor communication in all levels of management, cause of poor moral. Favoritism is given to Officers who are the poorest in work ethics and overlooked. The best part of the job is the acknowledgement from our clients when they express their appreciation for your presents and efforts. They are the ones that keep me there, until or better opportunity is offered.
Pros
Client experience
Cons
Management, pay, advancement, benefits, communication
Fun place to work
General Machinist/CNC set-up (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CA 91324September 6, 2016
Machined parts to a print using various types of manual machine lathe or mill.
Set-up CNC operation small run project set tooling offset, Worked to very close tolerance
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Therapeutic Foster Care Agency
Training Director (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 24, 2012
The day would begin with meeting with social workers and therapist to review and obtain an assessment of staff's schedules and daily day operations.

I learned how to effectively prepare for state and city audits. The management style was employer friendly and encouraged open dialogue between staff and supervisor. My co-workers were like family and there was an overall pleasant work environment.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with suspected child abuse cases resulting in the removal of the child, and when foster parent requested that the child be removed due to their challenging behavior.

The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the children and adolescents, and providing training to staff and foster parents.
Pros
salary was very competitive
Cons
too many organizational changes
Active workplace with little to no advancement oppurtunities
Valet Parking (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 22, 2014
A typical day at work is filled with running (if you actually do your job properly), plenty of irate customers waiting for their car, rushing and fumbling, and dealing with the weather outside. Management is somewhat scarce with how much work you have to get done. The hardest part of the job is just constantly hustling and yet still keeping a positive attitude towards the customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help the customers.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Short break, few benefits, no advancement oppurtunity
no comment
Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 24, 2016
I prefer not to comment. Here is some more text and still yet some more text so I can hit submit. And I guess I need some more. Ok I hope that's enough. It's silly to require this.
productive workplace
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAMay 2, 2016
a typical day at work consists of going in at 7am, they tell you what you're going to work at that day and that's will you most likely stay all day. You usually have to simple tasks as in putting caps on shampoo bottles but you have to work as fast as the machine or you will mess up the whole line. other people have to package the boxes and put them on a palette where it will be brought to the stores.
Pros
a lot of breaks
Cons
short breaks, never stop working
Great work environment
Supervisor/Lead State Test Proctor (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJune 7, 2013
Typical day at work consisted of checking in/out candidates coming to take state licensing exams. I learned how to do livescan fingerprinting by becoming trained by a DOJ employee. My management was wonderful, always there when I needed them. Co-workers were ok for the most part, some listened, some did not. The hardest part of the job was dealing with demanding candidates and them getting mad at me for rules set by the state of ca. The most enjoyable part of the job was the location where I was at, and also seeing happy candidates pass their exams and become certified or licensed.
Pros
location, management, learning new exams as they came out
Cons
no benefits, rude candidates
Productive and fun workplace
Cognos Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 17, 2016
Amazing experience working for PSI, One can grow easily by working hard and making sure that they are able to deliver. Very friendly environment.
Pros
Free lunches, etc
Cons
short breaks, healthcare, etc
Always available and dependable
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, MDOctober 21, 2013
Typical day at work starts around 5. Ends around 4. Working on machine breakdowns and workorders. Special projects. Everyone in my department is outstanding to work with. Have taught me a lot. Hardest part of my job is management. Never get a thank you and always looking for the wrong in everything and why your doing this when I think this needs done first even when your doing what they asked. I enjoy my job because im doing something different everyday. The people I work with make it enjoyable.
Pros
schedule
Cons
Retirement and healthcare. salary
Assembly/Wielding (Former Employee) –  Ottoville, OHJune 24, 2013
PSI Had plenty of benefits and paid well but had poor management and
did not in my opinion treat there workers very well, they made you feel like you didn't matter. They had favorites and never worked with you. I worked 16 days in a row with each day being more then 8 hours a day, i had no problem doing so, besides the fact they never gave you a break unless you went to hr. I watched the same people get to leave after 8 hours every day while a few of us (all the same people) were forced to stay. I enjoyed the work and the co-workers.
Pros
Great Health Insurance
Cons
Over working, and Favorites
This company is disorganized and has children for management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, New MexicoMarch 26, 2015
This is not a stable company to work for and everyone who works at this office is not above the age of 28. Anything goes in this office. There are no rules and or regulations. My employers also discriminate other employees in the office as well as harrass.
Pros
Benefits, Raises
Cons
Management, Employees
Checking eyes and ears
RN (Current Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHFebruary 22, 2016
I really enjoy my days at my schools. Every school is different. I love doing vision and hearing screenings on the youngest students
kindergarten and first graders, They are so excited .and it becomes contagious.
I usually work alone at the schools. There is another RN in Toledo that does the same screenings that I do, but she has her own assigned schools. We did work together when I first started working at PSI, I really enjoyed that. But I really do not mind working alone. There is always someone from the school that is there if I need something
Pros
flexibility in scheduling
Cons
I only get paid once a month.
fast pace easy going self starting work place
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 18, 2016
Productive work place were you could grow with the company. the most enjoyable part of my job was working with others and being a good role model As far as coming to work on time how to respect others filling in when needed. Taking on extra shifts as needed.
Pros
love talking to people
Cons
helping others
Good job if you have the time/desire to get well-certified
Construction Services Tech II (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 13, 2012
PSI was a decent place to work. Not terrible, but not fantastic. I worked with great people and am still friends with many people I met there, but the corporate feel of the place was slightly de-humanizing; I, and many of my co-workers, often felt as though we were treated like numbers and not people. The work was fun though. We got to work all over the region with all sorts of people on all sorts of different projects. The hardest part was the drastic difference in hours based on the season.
Pros
decent benefits, very comprehensive safety training.
Cons
inconsistent seasonal hours, little room for growth.
Promotions
Assistant Center Director (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJJune 5, 2014
Support is inconsistent and spotty. There is a sense of "sink or swim" when working for this company, as expectations are sometimes unclear. No opportunity for advancement. Work is at-will and hourly; no benefits are provided, and if a school contract is discontinued or a school is on vacation, the employee is expected to resort to unemployment. There is a disconnect between reviews and actual expectations. Moreover there are basically no chances for advancement.
Job
Proctor (Current Employee) –  Bala-Cynwyd, PAJune 16, 2016
Great Place to Work for the pay. It is only a part-time position. Gain lots of learning experiences and meet new people everyday.
Quality Inspector / Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 20, 2016
Job is well to ado enjoy working with the people I encounter. Why do you need to know about this company I only won't to set a profile for a job not to rate previous employment....
Pros
Na
Cons
Na

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PSI. Our community is ready to answer.