PSI

PSI Employee Reviews

Very interesting work from what seems another life ago.
Designer (Former Employee), Telford, PASeptember 16, 2014
The job was very simple and very detail oriented. I designed machine parts that had to work together with very critical tolerences.
Very professional,great organization
Data entry (Former Employee), Bristol, PASeptember 15, 2014
Pros: that i could experience having time with people with different types of needs
I would pick my clients up at a assigned time at a certain location.my job was to secure the wheelchairs on my van for saftey and i love to put a smile on everyone face and let them know they are no differnt than i am
• Conduct daily safety and health inspections
Project Safety Manager (Former Employee), Honolulu HawaiiSeptember 9, 2014
Cons: resolve health and safety deficiencies
• Conduct daily safety and health inspections and maintain a written log which includes area/operation inspected, date of inspection, identified hazards, recommended corrective actions, estimated and actual dates of corrections.
• Evaluate results and make recommendations as necessary for maintaining compliance with regulatory agencies.
stable work environment with few restrictions and very low key
Office Assistant (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 21, 2014
There are some days that are busy and other days where it is very slow. To me the work load is easy and very manageable. I have learned more about the criminal field and although it is interesting, I am seeking more responsibility. The management and co-workers are great and it's awesome to be a part of a team!
Productive and fun
Cashier/Boothworker (Former Employee), Kanawha City, WVAugust 13, 2014
Pros: a lot of frendly people
Cons: not good benefits
Productive and wonderful environment. you meet a lot of people.
Nice place.
Packaging (Former Employee), Ocala, FLAugust 7, 2014
Co-workers were nice. The hardest part of the job was separating some of the rolls, they were hard.
Great jobs
Warehouse assistant (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 29, 2014
They will help you find the jobs but some jobs just end before they really start.
Great Atmosphere
Test Proctor/Clerk (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 2, 2014
Pros: great
Cons: part-time no benefits
The work day is smooth. I enhanced what i have learned on previous jobs and gain valuable experience at PSI. My co-workers are awesome to work with. The job is not hard just very detailed. I enjoy working and meeting new people and serving them to the best of my ability.
Promotions
Assistant Center Director (Current Employee), Paramus, NJJune 5, 2014
Support is inconsistent and spotty. There is a sense of "sink or swim" when working for this company, as expectations are sometimes unclear. No opportunity for advancement. Work is at-will and hourly; no benefits are provided, and if a school contract is discontinued or a school is on vacation, the employee is expected to resort to unemployment. There is a disconnect between reviews and actual expectations. Moreover there are basically no chances for advancement.
Love it
Data Entry Technician (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 4, 2014
Pros: pay, flexible schedule, benefits
Cons: short breaks, unprofessional co workers
Great company to work for! They have assisted me in every way possible to further advance. Small local office in Las Vegas, NV keeps the culture pretty close knit.

Work is very fast paced with lots of training on a weekly (and sometimes daily) basis.

Management is awesome and there is a very friendly open door policy.
Great work place fun environment
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee), Twinsburg, OHMay 30, 2014
Had great training and like the independence that I have at my job site.
Basic work environment, construction testing facility, workable office environment.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OhioApril 7, 2014
Pros: working hours, flexibility
Cons: because an admin's salary is a direct cost, this is the first position to be eliminated.
My day always began with a review of the daily schedule, and voice mail for any additions/deletions from the schedule. Review with the Branch Manager daily priorities/general information. Update the schedule accordingly, create work orders and ensure project folders were up to date for each assigned project. Enter work orders from the previous day from my branch location/technicians and any work orders for "borrowed" technicians for our branch projects. Enter daily testing break sheets, laboratory results or retests. Begin geotechnical reports for current projects, as needed, enter geotechical testing data into proprietary reporting system. Order office supplies, as needed. Review and process to the Branch Manager any AP invoices for approval, maintain AR Branch list and make customer contact for any AR issues, as needed. Maintained AR list and communicated status to HQ office. Daily learned more detailed information regarding the construction testing industry, including multiple laboratory softwares.

I was very fortunate to have a Branch Manager willing to take the time to further my education and to also allow me to assume more responsibilities in my position. He also taught me how to better work to support our field technicians, making both of our jobs easier.

The most difficult issue faced in this position was to clearly understand the terms and processes needed within the construction testing industy, I did well but it is an ongoing learning process.

Finally, the most pleasant portion of my day was the feeling of accomplishment I felt upon completion of a project, knowing that I helped to support a successful outcome.
Friendly and helpful workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAMarch 31, 2014
This was a friendly helpful workplace with supportive management. Referrals that may not meet the needs of the client. At times very busy with constant telephone calls.
below
Interviewing Clerk (Former Employee), Port Saint Lucie, FLMarch 20, 2014
Pros: cheery place, always an excuse to celebrate anything
Cons: too far commute
This job was very interesting to me because it gave me the opportunity to help children in need of free or reduced health insurance become eligible by requesting the income and assets verification and processing it. This gave me a sense of pride and a feeling that I was making a difference for a child. Every day was a productive day. Every day was a challenge. Co-workers were great, worked together to achieve results. Good company, great program.
Customer Service
Cashier (Former Employee), Mentor, OHMarch 17, 2014
Pros: always busy
Cons: not applicable
Great people to work with and learned a lot of skills from this position
Nice Place to Work
PROCTOR and Office Administrator (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYMarch 6, 2014
Pros: work independently, good work hours, opportunity for extra hours
Cons: communication glitches via other employees working in different locations in parts of the country.
A good place to work with reasonable hours. Management was very good about allowing one to work with just the right amount of supervision; respected your abilities to work independently.

Some communication problems and assumptions rose with remote location employees who did not know or care to take the time to understand when one worked as a part time employee.

A lot of room for extra hours, etc.
Alright place to work
Plumber (Former Employee), Wichita, KSFebruary 11, 2014
I was laid off in 2009 and went back in 2010. Flexible work hours
good company
Alarm Technician (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: good company
Cons: not enough money maker
my first alarm company learned a lot how to do service on all type of systems,got good experience
good company
Alarm Technician (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: good company
Cons: not enough money maker
Productive and efficient office.
Customer Service Representative/Lead CSR (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMFebruary 7, 2014
We were subcontracted by the state to process construction contractors and journeyman license/certificate applications. I learned about working with the state of New Mexico and management skills for a mid-sized office4.

The hardest part of the job was that my direct supervisor did not keep work business and personal business separate. Made it very hard to work if you were not on her good side.