Psomas Employee Reviews

Extremely good work environment.
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 3, 2017
As a project assistant my primary responsibility was billing. The survey department of this Engineering firm was very busy. The monthly billing for Survey along exceeded $100,000. When I was hired the office location was in West Los Angeles. They decided to move their office to Downtown LA. The commute became difficult.
The downturn in the construction industry eventually caught up to the Survey Division and workload decreased significantly.
Pros
Strong management always willing to guide
Cons
Office move to Downtown made the commute difficult.
Productive and fun workplace
Designer (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 15, 2016
Great place to work. The group was a group. A typical day at work is working on construction documents contracted by owners. My team was very helpful with all my questions. The only reason I left was for new opportunity.
Great opportunities and strong reputation
Oakland, CA, VP Surveys and Mapping (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 22, 2015
Strong management support

A One Psomas environment

Great co-worker synergy

There is very little that Psomas has not done in the 70+ year history in the survey arena.
Pros
Strong support in growth
Cons
Need more staff
Fieldwork position!
Technical Support I (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAOctober 24, 2014
I really enjoy the nature of this job, where I get to go up all the way to mountains, and down to beaches. I had fun as I encounter problems.
Stable, Sane and Rewarding
Administration (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 8, 2014
Covering all aspects of office administration, facility management, operational functions, fleet management. Heavy C-level support with BOD, CFO, Group Leaders, Team Leaders, VPs and Associates and all of accounting. Internal client relationships are key to success.

Management is tough. Co-workers are awesome. Not a lot of upward mobility for non-technical personnel outside of the Engineering realm.

The hardest part of the job is not being part of the team that is at the heart of technical expertise for the company - Engineering.

The people here are wonderful - and it has been an extremely stable and comfortable place of employment for many years during the economic downturn.
Pros
Comforatable, supportive work environment
Cons
Very little mobility within company
Engineering
Civil Engineering Designer II (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 20, 2013
Working with Psomas I was able to hone my engineering skills on several key Public Works Projects.
productive enviroment
Rodman (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTMarch 12, 2013
Gear up and stock the truck with all supplies needed for the day. i learned alot about gps and mapping for just being a rodman. i can catch mistakes the party chief might look past. loved the people and the management.
Pros
learning the equipment
Cons
the dead dry heat of utah
Productive and lots of room for growth.
Cad Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 5, 2013
Working with my project manager and a well built team. We delivered submittals on time to the city/county. With weekly meetings to help aid in any situation we may need improving, showed good support from such a big firm. I loved the support I received from human resources and the office.
Pros
meetings that helped improve our skillset.
Cons
felt i couldn't do enough to show my gratitude.
Good Multi-disciplinary Consulting Firm
Senior Planner (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 16, 2012
Survey, engineering, and planning consulting company with good people and interesting clients/projects.
Pros
interesting clients/projects
I found what i enjoyed to do
Cad Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  RiversideJuly 2, 2012
This company was one i was bought into formely known as CEG.It was exciting to see myself transition into another firm without seeking another position.I experienced the best of both world's.I enjoyed the project manajers and assistants that i worked with.They made it an awesome experience to work for such a firm.Which comes to why it affected me so much when the economy dropped on us.We had good laughs and good times.Glad i was a part of it.
Pros
good food and good times and working hard
Great company to work for
Land Surveyor/Instrumentman (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAMay 1, 2012
I would have retiered form Psomas if I was given the opportunity.