PSR Employee Reviews in United States

Ou
Interpreter OU Family Medicine (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 29, 2015
it is a great place to work keeps you busy and is a constant learning and training, if you like medical environment that's the place
Pros
enviroments
Cons
salary
Fast pace, nice clinic with high potential
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Spring Valley, CADecember 16, 2015
Fast pace, busy phones, high volume of patients. I learned to prioritize, time management. Great co-workers but no time to socialize even during break, your break was always interrupted. Hardest part was seeing co-workers go and positions not filled until it was too late to train new employees correctly.
Pros
great bennefits
Cons
short brakes, short lunch, no growth
very lenient
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 11, 2015
great place for advancement private company.. 7 different regions.. great clients with a lot of community integration
Good work atmosphere
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 2, 2015
I learned how to schedule appointments for patients, reschedule appointments and send messages to their Doctors. Reassuring patients that their messages would get to their doctors, letting them know that they are our number one concern.

Management was always there to help if we had a problem and showed us how we could correct it. They never made you feel less important for asking questions.

One of the most difficult part of the jobs was having the patient tell you that they are miscarrying their baby, or they just lost a loved one.
The co-workers were the best, they were there to support you keep you smiling and would always have your back.

The best part of the job, making friends and hearing the new born babies on the other line as their parents were making their first appointment.
Pros
Employee support
Cons
mandatory overtime
• Ability to work in a variety of settings with culturally diverse families and communities with the ability to be culturally sensitive and appropriat
Admissions Registrar (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHAugust 26, 2015
I am a recent graduate in the Health Management and Policy program at the University of New Hampshire. I am currently working at Catholic Medical Center & Crotched Mountain Rehabilitation Center and have been working towards my goal of transitioning into a leadership role. I have lots of educational and in-hand skills and experience in this field and I am confident that I have what it takes to be successful. Additionally, I have seen an excellent example of leadership in my own managers. They have been preparing me for some time for the day that I would move in to this kind of role, and I feel very equipped to do so. I had participated in several Management training programs during my time at UNH. I also supervised teams of representative in management’s absence and performed other functions of my manager to assist her as needed. My success in my current role is an indicator of my commitment to excellence and my understanding of what it takes to be a great assistant/leader. I would embrace the opportunity to bring my expertise and insight to the table for the position.
fun place
Medical Assistant Lead (Former Employee) –  Providence Float pool Spokane waAugust 8, 2015
Traveled to and from lots of various specialty clinic learning lots. from pulmonary, to cardiology, neurology, orthopedics and then to working general practice and pediatrics. Was always a fun time to learn something new and it was pretty much everyday. Co-workers were always helpful when coming into a new place, bad part is finding each location and parking and having to pay for it some places.
Pros
learn lots of new things
Cons
driving all over the place, never in the same place everyday
Fun, social job with decent pay
Psychosocial Rehabilitation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDJune 14, 2015
Each school day, I was given the opportunity to interact with a minimum of two students and help improve their behavioral and social skills. I would go with them to all of their classes, recess and field trips. I learned that every child is different and comes from a unique background which effects how they behave in school, negatively or positively. I became to know my co-workers very well as we sometimes worked with the same students and would exchange tips and tricks to help the students to demonstrate appropriate behaviors. The hardest part of the job was experiencing a student have a behavioral problem that took them out of school for a certain amount of days. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a student take what you had taught him or her and practice it in the classroom or with peers.
Pros
Same schedule as the school (good vacation time)
Cons
No paid days off and no benefits of any kind
Good place to get trainee and intern hours
Specialist-New Vistas Crisis Center (Former Employee) –  New Vistas-734 10th Avenue, San Diego, Ca 92101May 20, 2015
The crisis house held 14 clients who stayed for two weeks on the average. PSR Specialist performed 1:1 therapy on each shift along with group therapy and a therapeutic walk. Management was supportive and the supervision was excellent.
Pros
Excellent experience.
Cons
Low wages and understaffed.
The people I work with are fantastic and lke family to me.
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lonsdale, MNApril 14, 2015
I enjoy working the front desk as I know that I can set the tone for the patient when they walk through the front door. With just a simple smile you can make them feel at ease.

I like to stay busy and never have a problem finding things to do.
loved working here
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAApril 10, 2015
Legal Sea Food on the Wharf was a great place to work. It was crazy busy but most of our guests were just excited to be there and came to have fun. I worked for some great people and really felt like a team. I met a few famous people who came in to dine which was exciting. Made good money.
Pros
free food
Cons
on feet running around like a crazy person...long hours
Koolsmiles
Call Center Rep (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAApril 9, 2015
Koolsmiles is a great place to work, but it does gets to be to much at some times. I have meet some good people, but it is just like any other call center.
Loved the job did not like who I worked for
Customer service of al passengers (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 16, 2015
I was in charge of passenger care for American Airline. It was fun and entertaining but the management did not care about us at all. They made it a very hard and unenjoyable place to be. That job was already stressful with it being baggage for the airline it did not need to be any more stressful and made unenjoyable.
Pros
different kids of people all day
Cons
the management
Hbi
PSR (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 7, 2014
loved the job that I was able to perform working with children and entry level psychology but the company not very employee focused, and often makes decision for children based on money
Financial Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 20, 2014
I enjoy the patients and co-workers. I get to work in multiple different areas learning multiple different jobs
Fun and productive workplace
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 21, 2014
Employees were great. Everyone had fun daily and were often friends outside of the office. I learned a lot about accounting and the healthcare industry. The work/life balance is very favorable.
Pros
employees and upper management
Cons
hard to advance
Provider Services
Patient Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTFebruary 20, 2014
I receive calls from Providers and Dr. offices to check status of claims, authorizations and elig.
Pros
stong company
Cons
no direct contact with patients
Very productive place
Schedular (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 15, 2014
PSR is an energetic place. You have to be self motivated. The expectations can be overwhelming if you have a family and are not willing to put the extra hours in. Supervisors are willing to educate and help in anyway to make the departments run smooth.
Pros
monthly lunches for employee's awards are given for hard work
Cons
merger caused more work less workers
Enjoyed patient relations
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Seaford, DEDecember 2, 2013
A typical day would consist of checking in patients, authorizing insurance, making them feeling comfortable while in a study. Unfortunately , through out my time at Delaware open MRI, their was a change in management. Procedures an policies were revised. There was not a head or chain of command to follow for quit some time. My co-workers were very friendly and helpful within the office as well as with patient relations.
Cons
short breaks (if any), no consistancy in hours
Fun and productive enviornment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOSeptember 12, 2013
I do clerical and clinical work so there is a lot of opprotunity for gaining new experience. I cherish my coworkers because they are supportive and we have grown very close. The most enjoyable part of this job is getting to know the clients and seeing them regularly.
Fun and educational environment
PSR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 28, 2013
I have learned that working in the mental field our consumers are normal people just like you and I, they just have a chemical imbalance that will not allow them to do all of the same things that we are able to do on our own. They are geniuses in their own right and if we really listen to them, they can actually teach us more than we know.
Pros
education on life lessons and balancing medication with everyday life.
Cons
better food for the consumers