PSS World Medical Employee Reviews

A medical suppliers provided services to meet customer's satisfaction guaranteed.
I am a picker/packer/printing (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CASeptember 10, 2016
A typical day for me at work is always fun and poised to oriented orders by focusing.

I have learn that mistakes can loose customers.

The management team is professionally handling issues and great leadership.

My co-workers and I always get along, we get things done faster as a team.

The hardest part of the job is when a co-worker call in sick, and the branch manager complaints about over time.

The most enjoyable part of this job is the same task everyday.
Pros
Problem solving in a professional manner.
Cons
Management is focus too much to beat other branches
Amazing place to work
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 16, 2016
Before PSS was bought by McKesson, the culture was great. I really miss the CEO and the VP of Human Resources. They did everything they could to make it fun and exciting.
Pros
Fun, fun, fun
Cons
Great company before being bought out
Global Imports Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 8, 2016
PSS was one of the best companies I've ever worked for...before they were bought out. Very family focused company that knew how to take of their employees.
Pros
Family Focused
Cons
Advancement
Fortune 500 company that actually cared for their employees as much as their vendors and clients
Account Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  4345 Southpoint Drive Jacksonville, FloridaApril 11, 2016
Looking back, 5 years of a wonderful learning experience!. Working in the Account Payables Department as A data entry operator, was satisfying to know I could achieve both quality invoice processing and vendor satisfaction, if there were any unresolved problems, they were immediately forwarded to the appropriate team and or leaders and resolved,. This made my time very pleasant to know I made a positive difference in a large company.
Teresa Alvarez
Pros
Constant gratification
Cons
Problems did occur and were forwarded appropriately
PSS Ecom Applications is an e-commerce application built using spring framework. Through this application, the sales representatives and various other
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 26, 2016
• Involved in designing and coding using Java/J2EE and Spring
• Analysis and understanding of the business requirements and transform them into technical design documentation.
• Working with JSP tag libraries.
It was a very cool place to work, love the culture
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 30, 2016
You had plenty of work to do everyday, but everything was manual. My co-workers were cool and respectful.
Pros
Quarterly bonuses
Cons
The work conditions during the summer
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Schertz, TxJanuary 26, 2014
PSS was a wonderful place to work, I started on the pick/pack team and moved up to Administrative Assistant for one of the sales reps.
I was very lucky to work there and had a good time. The management there was overall great, not too much drama, great benefits and many people moved up in the company provided you actually showed interest and work ethic.
Pros
free lunch/dinner, great benifits room for advancement
Cons
Out of touch with reality.
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Rogers, MNMay 1, 2013
First of all, If you look at the good reviews, they are from the home office in Jacksonville, Fl. Do not believe any of them, It is just HR trying to make it sound like a great place to work for. I was working over 50 hours a week, and than getting written up for the over time. The manager in charge, does NOT listen to his employees, we were over worked, Management did not care about it's employees at all. He even tried to put a stop to us getting 2 10 min breaks. He said we will have to punch out if we want a break, because their is nothing in the handbook about paid breaks. If this is the kind of place you want to work for. Be my guest. They only pay 10/ hr and you work your tail off and get no respect at all.
Pros
Every 3 months you might get a little bonus, if you work hard enough.
Cons
Managment is out of touch with everything. Long hours, No respect from Management.
Wonderful company that had an entrepreneurial culture
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 7, 2016
I was able to participate in the rapid growth of this company through the 15 years I was there and through life long relationships and mentors, developed my own leadership skills.
Values?
Pick Pack Worker (Former Employee) –  Rogers, MNFebruary 1, 2013
You work in the warehouse completing orders and operating a forklift. You are critiqued everyday all day long on your speed and accuracy, it will never be up to par and when it is the minimums will be increased.

They have a major set of values and policies that they preach every single day but do not practice. The most prominent value is "Life Balance", if you are bombarded with work they will have you working a 16 hour day while the supervisor leaves after 6 hours.

Management has a major disconnect with the warehouse team and feels no need to become aware despite complaints.

Compensation and bonuses is good but when you are too exhausted to do anything but sleep, what's the point?
Pros
compensation, bonuses
Cons
overworked, mistreated, undervalued
Great culture
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 28, 2013
Great culture with room for advancement, recently acquired by McKesson corp.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Salary for analysts low
Accountant
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 5, 2016
Accounting for medical supplier with offices throughout the United States. Assisted in warehouse inventory semi-annually.
Good company
Product landler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 1, 2016
This was a great company to work for. I would highly recommend this company to anyone. This company was also bought out by a new company.
Promote from within TEAM CULTURE.
Regional Sales Trainer (Former Employee) –  Michigan,Ohio,Indiana.December 30, 2013
Great company to work for.
Work hard , Play hard culture.

Home grown management team.
Pros
Reward for proformance.
Cons
Changing industry is always a challange.
PSS World Medical
Financial & Business Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 3, 2015
Loved working for PSS, great company, always work life balance, every boss in 12 years I've had was wonderful, always promoted from within, Leadership was always willing to listen to employees thoughts and suggestions
Good Co-workers
Delivery Professional (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 4, 2015
McKesson overall is a decent company but seem to only recognize their employees when something bad has happened and not so much when an employee constantly excels or does well in their position. While they do preach safety they don't always want to make the expenditure such as buying power jacks for their freight delivery drivers as the other companies in the industry do.

Most of the people I work worth are decent guys and willing to help and that makes things easier and more enjoyable.
Warehouse setting that was good for awhile, but changed in the time that I spent there
Cherry picker driver/Pick pack worker (Former Employee) –  Leetsdale, PASeptember 19, 2013
I was a Cherry picker driver/Pick pack worker. I worked pulling orders and packing them for customers in a warehouse setting. I was trained to use Red Prairie on a handheld RF device. My co-workers and direct shift leader were great. Upper management, however, had no respect for the warehouse employees, nor did they realize that working 55 hours per week and being on the road for 10 yielded no time for sleep and no life, hence my reason for quitting. The most enjoyable aspects were simply feeling fulfilled after putting in an honest day's work and having good people around on my shift to get along with. The worst parts I already mentioned.
Great place to work until it was bought by McKeson World Medical
PURCHASING AGENT (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GANovember 4, 2013
Start work at 7:30am, checked with team members on production schedule. Made a daily list of products needed to fill customers orders. Conferred with management on special orders or new customer requirement. Ran inventory report and created purchase order from all of the above. Went to vendor websites to order. All team members were fun to be with and we all worked toward daily goals. Hardest part of purchasing was getting special and new customer requirements on a timely bases. The best part of the day was the actual compiling and ordering.
Pros
quarterly bonus
Cons
no over time to complete timely operations
Was great before it became McKesson
IT (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 3, 2013
Best work culture I've ever seen. Management cares a lot about their employees.
Pros
company really knew how to treat their employees
Cons
sale to mckesson - future unknown
Worst place i ever worked
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Orlando,FlOctober 8, 2013
Low pay,bad management,long hours. Co-workers were fun,but everyone was always stressed out.
Pros
Cons
Management treats you with no repect.