PSS World Medical

PSS World Medical Employer Reviews

Employee Focused, Progressive Thinking.
Operations Manager, for Global Sourcing Division (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 10, 2014
Pros: took care of it's employees during hard-times (family like)
Enjoyed working at PSS World Medical. This was a progressive moving mid-side company that hired well and empowered their employees to be proactively involved in the success of their business units. Every department worked well together for the good of the corporation as a whole.
A great team that faced and overcame many challenges.
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee), Gainesville, GaJanuary 27, 2014
This was a great opportunity for many to grow and develop as we faced many challenges, all while still maintaining a focus on safe product for the customer. I will truly miss them and wish all of them the best as we all move on to new challenges and opportunities.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Schertz, TxJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: free lunch/dinner, great benifits room for advancement
Cons: long hours
PSS was a wonderful place to work, I started on the pick/pack team and moved up to Administrative Assistant for one of the sales reps.
I was very lucky to work there and had a good time. The management there was overall great, not too much drama, great benefits and many people moved up in the company provided you actually showed interest and work ethic.
Promote from within TEAM CULTURE.
Regional Sales Trainer (Former Employee), Michigan,Ohio,Indiana.December 30, 2013
Pros: reward for proformance.
Cons: changing industry is always a challange.
Great company to work for.
Work hard , Play hard culture.

Home grown management team.
Productive workplace with good benefits
Order Puller/Shipping (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXNovember 15, 2013
Faced paced productivity
Understanding Management
Work friendly enviornment
Great place to work until it was bought by McKeson World Medical
PURCHASING AGENT (Former Employee), Gainesville, GANovember 4, 2013
Pros: quarterly bonus
Cons: no over time to complete timely operations
Start work at 7:30am, checked with team members on production schedule. Made a daily list of products needed to fill customers orders. Conferred with management on special orders or new customer requirement. Ran inventory report and created purchase order from all of the above. Went to vendor websites to order. All team members were fun to be with and – more... we all worked toward daily goals. Hardest part of purchasing was getting special and new customer requirements on a timely bases. The best part of the day was the actual compiling and ordering. – less
Started good ended with getting the shaft
Pick pack worker, Order puller, Sorter, QA (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FloridaOctober 21, 2013
Company sold to McKesson Medical & Surgical. It was a great place to work in the beginning but after the company was sold they used dirty tactics to terminate people who had been there for a while so they could bring in people and pay them less money typical Corporate America.
Worst place i ever worked
Former employee (Former Employee), Orlando,FlOctober 8, 2013
Cons: management treats you with no repect.
Low pay,bad management,long hours. Co-workers were fun,but everyone was always stressed out.
OK place to work
Picker and Packer (Former Employee), Fullerton, CAOctober 7, 2013
I would grab a order sheet pick the items and pack them for nxt day shipping
Warehouse setting that was good for awhile, but changed in the time that I spent there
Cherry picker driver/Pick pack worker (Former Employee), Leetsdale, PASeptember 19, 2013
I was a Cherry picker driver/Pick pack worker. I worked pulling orders and packing them for customers in a warehouse setting. I was trained to use Red Prairie on a handheld RF device. My co-workers and direct shift leader were great. Upper management, however, had no respect for the warehouse employees, nor did they realize that working 55 hours per – more... week and being on the road for 10 yielded no time for sleep and no life, hence my reason for quitting. The most enjoyable aspects were simply feeling fulfilled after putting in an honest day's work and having good people around on my shift to get along with. The worst parts I already mentioned. – less
typical warehouse environment. performed varied and repetitive warehouse tasks including operation of forklift, hand truck and manual lifting of boxes
Pick pack worker (Former Employee), olathe ksJuly 25, 2013
Pros: the p@l meeting we all way got feed very well and the hollday partys were awsome
Cons: they pushed verey hard and hight stress
we stared the day with a kick off meeting, were we tacked about what's new what we need to change and what problem's we need to address.
the first part of the day was out bound shipping for ups, so between 3-7 pm we shipped out ups and had to meet the dead line or cut off for ups after 7 pm we stared the St. louse routs building pallets for varies medical – more... orders. this lasted till about 930 pm and at this time we stared the local order that we delivered our self.

my boss were the best people I ever worked for. all ways learning how to be a leader and how to speaking in front of large groups of people. – less
National sales meetings, awards, recognition of performance.
Several different titles held. (Former Employee), Kennesaw, GA, Jacksonville, FL, Ridgeland, MSJuly 9, 2013
Pros: national sales meetings, meeting new people & being responsible for resolutions to problems.
Cons: leaving due to family illness.
I worked for this company right at 9 years and I learned so much about the company, the customers our products. Was able to take tests & receive certificates just a great place to work.
I started out in customer service at their call center, I was recognized for attendance, performance, going above & beyond to take care of our customers. After about – more... 6 months was approached by management & supervisors to be promoted to the company corporate office to help start a new division strictly taking care of our sales reps around the United States.
I accepted & the company paid for me to move to Jacksonville, FL was there 5 years, was nominated for this company's highest award & attended the National Sales Meeting in Grapevine, TX had a blast. After that I accepted another promotion to the company's #1 branch as an Admin. Sales Assistant.
No matter which department I worked in or had associations with the co-workers were fantastic, we ALL worked together as teams to make a difference in the company as a whole which later while I was at the corporate office our stocks sky rocketed & we became a Billion Dollar Company which got the company recognized by Wall Street this was a phenomenal experience knowing I was part of this.
The hardest part of the job was leaving when my mother became ill & I had to come back home to Mississippi.
The most enjoyable part of this job...ALL of THE ABOVE...I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT HERE! I help so many customers & sales reps, resolved so many issues & problems I was very happy! – less
friendly co workers with stress free work enviornment
Imaging Specialist for Accounts Payable Department (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 12, 2013
this temporary position was appropriate due to the fact that I just moved from buffalo, ny to Jacksonville florida. employees were very nice and respected me
Great culture
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 28, 2013
Pros: work life balance
Cons: salary for analysts low
Great culture with room for advancement, recently acquired by McKesson corp.
GOOD PLACE TO WORK
Receive & Stock Worker (Current Employee), KENNESAW,GAMay 14, 2013
RECEVING PRODUCT, STOCKING PRODUCT, PULLING ORDERS FOR UPS
Out of touch with reality.
Shift Lead (Former Employee), Rogers, MNMay 1, 2013
Pros: every 3 months you might get a little bonus, if you work hard enough.
Cons: managment is out of touch with everything. long hours, no respect from management.
First of all, If you look at the good reviews, they are from the home office in Jacksonville, Fl. Do not believe any of them, It is just HR trying to make it sound like a great place to work for. I was working over 50 hours a week, and than getting written up for the over time. The manager in charge, does NOT listen to his employees, we were over worked, – more... Management did not care about it's employees at all. He even tried to put a stop to us getting 2 10 min breaks. He said we will have to punch out if we want a break, because their is nothing in the handbook about paid breaks. If this is the kind of place you want to work for. Be my guest. They only pay 10/ hr and you work your tail off and get no respect at all. – less

June 15, 2013

You are right on with this point... We are slaves to the company!!

PSS
CI (Current Employee), JacksonvilleApril 28, 2013
Pros: endless opportunities
Cons: low salary
Fun place to work that promotes life-work balance.
Lots of opportunities for people with drive.
Was great before it became McKesson
IT (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 3, 2013
Pros: company really knew how to treat their employees
Cons: sale to mckesson - future unknown
Best work culture I've ever seen. Management cares a lot about their employees.
Was great before it became McKesson
IT (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 3, 2013
Pros: company really knew how to treat their employees
Cons: sale to mckesson - future unknown
Best work culture I've ever seen. Management cares a lot about their employees.
More of a sales position
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 25, 2013
Pros: regular hours
Cons: always on phone
Not interactive with patients. I did not get a lot of satisfaction from the position.

About PSS World Medical

From basic supplies to sophisticated equipment, PSS World Medical keeps doctors offices and nursing homes stocked. The company – Read more