PSS World Medical Employee Reviews

It was a nice place to be a delivery driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 2, 2017
a typical day for me was loading my truck. May sure you get your task done. It was a fast-paced place. The hardest part of my job try to make it to a delivery place and they close at 12pm. You have more than one place. I enjoy the road and my truck.
good atmosphere
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 25, 2017
PSS Medical is now , McKesson. PSS medical , was a very friendly company , that on a regular basis provided free lunches. The companies professionals including the ceo was also friendly
Pros
free lunches
Productive. Great plave.
Forklift Operator/ Picker-Packer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 22, 2016
My duties were Picking/packing medical merchandise. I was using RF scan guns and UPS to ship out merchandise. Merchandise included needles,gauzes and medical beds.
Pros
Great company. Great atmosphere
Cons
None.
They had occasional in-office luncheons, and gave free gas cards
Sales Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 14, 2016
The company, co-workers, and management all got along like family. Even though the workload was hectic, it was still a lot of fun, as one department would always help the other with extra work and /or meeting deadlines, sometimes Management would roll up their sleeves and help out.
A medical suppliers provided services to meet customer's satisfaction guaranteed.
I am a picker/packer/printing (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CASeptember 10, 2016
A typical day for me at work is always fun and poised to oriented orders by focusing.

I have learn that mistakes can loose customers.

The management team is professionally handling issues and great leadership.

My co-workers and I always get along, we get things done faster as a team.

The hardest part of the job is when a co-worker call in sick, and the branch manager complaints about over time.

The most enjoyable part of this job is the same task everyday.
Pros
Problem solving in a professional manner.
Cons
Management is focus too much to beat other branches
It was a very cool place to work, love the culture
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 30, 2016
You had plenty of work to do everyday, but everything was manual. My co-workers were cool and respectful.
Pros
Quarterly bonuses
Cons
The work conditions during the summer
PSS Ecom Applications is an e-commerce application built using spring framework. Through this application, the sales representatives and various other
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 26, 2016
• Involved in designing and coding using Java/J2EE and Spring
• Analysis and understanding of the business requirements and transform them into technical design documentation.
• Working with JSP tag libraries.
Amazing place to work
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 16, 2016
Before PSS was bought by McKesson, the culture was great. I really miss the CEO and the VP of Human Resources. They did everything they could to make it fun and exciting.
Pros
Fun, fun, fun
Cons
Fortune 500 company that actually cared for their employees as much as their vendors and clients
Account Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  4345 Southpoint Drive Jacksonville, FloridaApril 11, 2016
Looking back, 5 years of a wonderful learning experience!. Working in the Account Payables Department as A data entry operator, was satisfying to know I could achieve both quality invoice processing and vendor satisfaction, if there were any unresolved problems, they were immediately forwarded to the appropriate team and or leaders and resolved,. This made my time very pleasant to know I made a positive difference in a large company.
Teresa Alvarez
Pros
Constant gratification
Cons
Problems did occur and were forwarded appropriately
Great company before being bought out
Global Imports Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 8, 2016
PSS was one of the best companies I've ever worked for...before they were bought out. Very family focused company that knew how to take of their employees.
Pros
Family Focused
Cons
Advancement
Wonderful company that had an entrepreneurial culture
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 7, 2016
I was able to participate in the rapid growth of this company through the 15 years I was there and through life long relationships and mentors, developed my own leadership skills.
Accountant
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 5, 2016
Accounting for medical supplier with offices throughout the United States. Assisted in warehouse inventory semi-annually.
Good company
Product landler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 1, 2016
This was a great company to work for. I would highly recommend this company to anyone. This company was also bought out by a new company.
Good Co-workers
Delivery Professional (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 4, 2015
McKesson overall is a decent company but seem to only recognize their employees when something bad has happened and not so much when an employee constantly excels or does well in their position. While they do preach safety they don't always want to make the expenditure such as buying power jacks for their freight delivery drivers as the other companies in the industry do.

Most of the people I work worth are decent guys and willing to help and that makes things easier and more enjoyable.
PSS World Medical
Financial & Business Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 3, 2015
Loved working for PSS, great company, always work life balance, every boss in 12 years I've had was wonderful, always promoted from within, Leadership was always willing to listen to employees thoughts and suggestions
If you love the outdoors.
Warehouse Associate / Receiving and Stock (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 11, 2015
Loved working there.
I worked with a great bunch of employees.
Wasn't crazy about the schedule. I would have loved more of an 7-4 Monday thru Friday.
Very close friendly staff
Temporary Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KyJuly 30, 2015
Staff is great. Job is straight forward. If quota is met you are not bothered at all, and quota is not unreachable though they do push you to try harder which is healthy. Weekly reviews on how youre doing.
Great working environment
Senior warehouse supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 2, 2015
Wonderful place to work for, great co-workers, fun environment. Had one of the best group of people to work for and with I've ever had in my working career.
fun place to work
Data Entry, Vendor Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 14, 2015
Enjoyed the chances to advance within short periods of time.
Great benefits
Amazing culture, fun place to work!
Contract System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FloridaAugust 20, 2014
Success driven company with a great work/ life balance and a culture like none other in the industry!