PSS Employee Reviews

Difficult, yet fun
East Coast Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 29, 2016
Many opportunities including traveling and meeting new people. Get to go to great places all over the country and make connections with multiple different stores and store owners.
great pay great per diem
Boiler maker (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LAJune 15, 2016
12 hour shift. tool room was kinda messy and organized so it took a minute to get the tools needed to start the task. after that though the rest of the day was pretty smooth. they had gatorade and water for us throughout the plant. with 2 15 minute breaks and one 30 minute lunch break.
Not a good place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Gresham OregonMarch 24, 2014
a typical day at work: Long Hours
what you learned: How to hate a job..
management: Non existent, No intelligence in running a transportation business.
your co-workers: Are OK.
the hardest part of the job: Dealing with management.
the most enjoyable part of the job: Leaving the warehouse. Time away from management.
Pros
Benefits are awesome
Fast paced and good work
Assembly Worker, Inspector and Machine loader (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, VANovember 13, 2015
A typical day was standing on your feet for 10 hours standing in the same spot for two until break.
I learned how to inspect and clean magnets i learned how to disassemble printers and allot of different factory work.
I enjoyed all my co workers and managers there.
The hardest part is when i first got the job was getting used to doing the same thing for 10 hours straight.
I enjoyed the fast paced the most about the job most people didnt care for it but i loved it, I felt like it made the night go by faster.
Pros
good pay steady work and a bonus ever week
Cons
its a little repetitive
It was retail
Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 30, 2015
Typical day was coming in to an understaffed building, trying to reach sales numbers while trying to deal with persistent management. Co-workers tried to help when the department was overwhelmed but hardly could make it.
Pros
Cool people, good discount
Cons
staffing levels.
Promises of growth that doesn't really happen
Technician (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 14, 2014
Management is growing faster than the chain of command can stabilize. So you've got a LOT of Chiefs without the real skills to lead, making it difficult to move up.

Leadership is more focused on delivery then on leading people - they are generally friends from other call centers who have been promoted into management roles.

Once the bubble bursts and the real work is needed, the top talent will pull the rip cord on their parachute.
Pros
Nice new call center, great chairs
Cons
Micromanagement, high stress on numbers more than actual customer satisfaction
Fun company to work for. Always helping employees.
Boiler Maker/ Welder (Former Employee) –  Point Comfort texasJune 9, 2015
I would weld everyday. I would weld repairs and structure. It was a very fun environment. I wouldnt give welding up for anything
Pros
Paid lunch every friday
Cons
Management sometimes were lost and didnt have a clue. That leads to getting hurt.
This was a very short chapter in my life
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INSeptember 30, 2015
I am sure there was good reason for my short time here, but it has been so many years that I hesitate to comment. My move into the Beacon System has proven to be a good one.
Fast Paced Environment
Courier - Full-Time (Current Employee) –  coconut creek, floridaJanuary 6, 2013
Get to work early to plan route, then break down pallets and organize merchandise in the truck according to paperwork received. After done, help out any other driver that might have not finished own work so they can leave faster. Manager surpervises all work done. Hardest part of the job is pretty much the stress of driving, because it doesn't depend only on my road awareness. The best part of the job is, there's no pressure when you know everything that needed to be done was done, and you're good to go do the route.
Pros
30 mins break for lunch, early hours, incentive bonuses based on how you interact with customers and deliveries. healthcare
Cons
stress of driving, hourly wage for drivers with more time in company is much less than newer drivers.
great place
Personal Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MESeptember 17, 2015
great place to work but the staff needs to give credit to the field staff more then what they do. and get all their papers in order to correctly evaluate all the staff
Pros
great pay
Cons
poor communication
Productive workplace with flexible scheduling
Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAJune 29, 2015
I do enjoy the productive environment, and flexible scheduling. The only downfalls are no human interaction and little to no physical mobility. I wear a headset, listening to voice mail, entering data into computer systems.
Pros
Flexible work scheduling
Cons
No interaction with other co workers and little to no physical activity.
Rewarding.
Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and President (Current Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIAugust 2, 2015
I run my own non-profit titled Team Dystrophy. Being able to help others who suffer is a rewarding experience. Knowing you are making a difference in someones life can change everything.
Very Fun Place to work with Fun Supervisors
Tech Expert (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 29, 2015
This job was a fun free flowing place to work. All of the supervisors were very friendly. Good pay and good hours. We had lots of bonuses and potlucks.
Pros
Great laughs and lots of potlucks
Cons
Not alot of food places around lol
Very fun and rewarding place to work.
Technician (Former Employee) –  North Phoenix, ArizonaJune 21, 2015
I believe that this company was built with great direction, and grounded moral. Great Supervisory support as well. Very rewarding place to work.
Pros
good pay, hours were as well great
Cons
30 min lunches
normal work setting
Physician Sales & Service World Medical (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 4, 2012
Active, productive, fast pace.
Warehouse Quality Control for medical products.
-Making sure the proper item was picked.
-Inspect product for damages and experation dates
-Pack product properly for shipping.
-File customer shipping papers to proper route location.
Pros
quarterly bonuses
Cons
short lunches
Great company to work for!!
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  JacksonvilleJanuary 31, 2015
I would refer anyone to PSS!! They love their employees!! Work to be done but they do believe in fun at the same time. Great working hours.
Pros
Bonuses!
Cons
Uneven work load weekly.
Awesome environment
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 13, 2015
Orthocarolina is a great company to work for. From the front office to the dr office it is great all around.
Going downhill.
Part of the pilot for AT&T MDPP (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 1, 2014
When I started it sounded like a good place to work. Though as time went on it became increasingly apparent that as long as you had a pulse you would be hired.
Challenging and rewarding
ACCOUNT MANAGER-PRIMARY CARE (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 2, 2014
This is a healthcare position directly assisting physicians to provide better care to their patients.
Lots of work little compensation
SOUND ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LouisianaMay 10, 2014
Work 12 hour shifts setting up sound equipment, working a sound board and coordinating shows with band members.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PSS. Our community is ready to answer.