PSSI Employee Reviews in United States

not a good job
supervisor/ERP Coordinator/secretary (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSMarch 18, 2016
worst job I have ever had. I have worked since my 10th grade year-first job were people are treated unfairly and money can be played with..
Management forced to work on sundays without pay
no job security at all unless you are a site manager or higher rank
no long term or short term leave for supervisors or hourly employees
human resource hardly answer the phone or return a call after a message is left.
I could keep going.....
Pros
my pay was ok as a salaried employee
Cons
supervisor not being payed but demanded to work, etc
Upbeat and fast-paced workplace
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 29, 2016
Cleaned and sanitized machines with chemicals before and after production. Used certain chemicals for certain areas of the plant. Enjoyed learning new things about tobacco. Management was great, always helping with getting machines cleaned, floors, or chambers. Friendly atmosphere, everyone got along very well. The hardest part of the job was just in the beginning not knowing everything about the job that I needed to know to do well. Everyday is different, constantly moving, lifting, testing your physical ability. The job was very enjoyable.
Pros
Great management, free lunches if not accidents within 30 days
Cons
N/A
Good Company to work for.
Divsional Secretary (Former Employee) –  WINovember 5, 2015
I took pride and dedication to PSSI and believed in this Company whole heartedly, but unfortunately they sold the company and positions were deleted. I would still be with them now if I could. Management was great, a typical day was to open the office, check emails, return phone calls, type correspondence, collect time from employees. Data Entry on a daily basis, SharePoint, Engine Search on the Internet. Loved my job, very seldom missed, traveled for the company at any point and time. Hiring new Employees for each state as required for the job.
Pros
Good Benefits, Good pay, Good management
Cons
Sold the Company
The job is easy but the conditions are harsh at best
Sanitation Worker / Trainer (Former Employee) –  Bristol, INJune 7, 2016
the day starts with a pre-shift safety meting followed by stretching exercises. Then to the chemical room for tools and chemicals (all of which require a great deal of personal protective equipment in order to handle). The majority of workers are foreign to the US (which isn't a bad thing) however it posses a significant problem if you cant verbally communicate with your co-workers. The hardest part is the job itself, the physical cleaning, the harsh conditions, and the corrosive chemicals needed to preform the job. The most enjoyable would be after the USDA inspection you've made your clients machinery safe to produce food for tens of thousands of their customers to eat.
Sanitizing equipment
Janitorial (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IAMarch 30, 2016
I enjoy working with the crew I work with. They are all helpful when needed. I would have to say the toughest part of my job is maneuvering myself into the small, tight places to be sure the equipment is being cleaned properly. I would like to work a 1st shift job in order to be home with my family in the evenings. I also believe the pay I earn is not adequate for the work I do.
They're cool
Sanitizer (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILAugust 9, 2016
They're alright, they're not always in your face about little things, as long as you get the job done & done good they're cool with you. They pay good for the job & they're copperative
they would sometimes do activities with the staff
AQL (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXJune 27, 2016
I learned a lot from this company, and met some new people that helped me along the way. It was a very good learning experience.
fun place to work
srubber, checker, hoser (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NEJune 9, 2016
I had great times there. fun environment, people there brings good vibes. time goes by really fast to me, its easy and I loved it.
Pros
free coffe
Cons
long breaks
not a job i would want to make a career out of
Sanitation (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, WIOctober 24, 2015
A typical day at work consist of our everyday meeting reports about how our cleaning production went the previous night before. Management is somewhat ok! I can't really speak for my coworkers and one of the task of the job is constant thats hard is being wet walking through giant freezers and several more things.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
lunch breaks, temperature change
Only an acceptable job if the only other option is unemployment
former employee (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXMay 22, 2013
The management is a joke. They hardly are ever on the same page and then place the blame when there's an error on the production employees. They have openly stated that they won't pay for skilled technicians and just want people to fill the seats. That's why they operate through the lowest quality temp agencies. If you even attempt to put in a two weeks notice or even ask about how to put one in, you are usually fired on the spot. If you ask for a raise based on your performance, the HR representative will respond with "If you aren't happy here, you're free to leave". There's people who have been working here for 10+ years and have only seen a raise when minimum wage was increased. Trust me, this place is not worth your time.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
horrible, uncaring management
Challenging
Sanitation Laborer (Former Employee) –  New Kensington, PAApril 16, 2016
It was my first job but I caught on quick. Requires hard work & determination during tough nights. It was as hard as you made it.
Fast paced and driven workforce.
Site and Assistant Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJuly 20, 2015
A day of work starts off by a daily safety meeting and a recap of the day before. An adequate amount of management presence is required on the floor to assure the employees are working safely and efficiently. My co-workers and I enjoy our jobs and feel rewarded when we have a successful day. The hardest part of the job is it being 3rd shift. It becomes complicated to balance your home life and job. The most enjoyable part of it is that it is never a boring. Every day has its own set of challenges.
Pros
Job is not repetitive.
Cons
3rd Shift makes spending time with family troublesome.
no good
QC/QA (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXOctober 29, 2015
too much trouble in this job, everyday they change rules
too much confuse, peoples crazy, everything going bad.
fun work place with supportive management. the most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
Pros
good lunch
good
Good
Sanatation (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 18, 2015
Good place to make money, rough on some shifts and a lot of heavy lifting. Management was okay, not the best but not the worst
protuctive
SANTITAION (Former Employee) –  Marshalltown, IAJanuary 15, 2016
everyone got along good i liked the hours every area was very organized there was no drama amongst the staff i liked that we got paid every week and how we culd have it loaded rite on to a pay card
The company is great
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 30, 2015
The benefits are good. the pay is good as long as your advancing up. Its never the company itself that can make you fail its your site manager and yourself.
Pros
company gives you a chance
Cons
bad site manager
The money is good but management treats the people under them like dogs.
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSMarch 20, 2015
I like the fact that they give a raise the first three months but you have to constantly ask for it meanwhile they talk to you like you are a child.
Pros
work 4 hours get paid for 8
Cons
no breaks
Company still getting it together at this plant
sanitation (Current Employee) –  LufkinSeptember 17, 2015
This Company is still working out some ticks having a hard time keeping employees Wont pay overtime but expect their employees to work extra hours Very short handed so that puts a strain on everyone!
Productive and great experience
Chemical Mixer (Former Employee) –  Tremonton, UTNovember 12, 2014
A typical day at PSSI was mixing chemicals and dispensing to employees to clean and sanitize areas in the locations we were assigned. I learned about different chemicals and how they react. The management was very professional and organized. My co-workers were helpful and professional. The hardest part of my job was the hot temperature and slippery conditions. The most enjoyable part of my job was the lunch room area.
Pros
vending machines
Cons
no breaks or lunch time until assignment was completed
Interesting
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  NebraskaJuly 27, 2015
The interesting part of working at PSSI is that you had a different challenge everyday. Every day you had a new challenge. I was able to learn how to solve problems with little time and how to react under pressure. The hardest part was not being recognized for your efforts or not being properly treated.
Pros
New Challenges
Cons
healthcare, Bonuses

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PSSI. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9