Mental health practitioners with a growing practice relocating off of I-435 and Metcalf seeking a part time receptionist (15-20 hrs per week) who enjoys a fast-paced day working with colleagues and patients.
Responsibilities include patient relations, appointment scheduling, telephone duties, patient registration, collecting co-pays, scanning insurance, medical records filing, data entry, and responsive, positive service to patients and providers.
A professional attitude is a must and includes adherence to Customer Service Standards and compliance with HIPPA policies and procedures.
- Answering phones and scheduling/rescheduling patient appointments.
- Patiently communicating with patients and providers.
- Accurately documenting messages from patients.
- Checking in patients using EMR system.
- Patient registration, insurance verification and patient demographics.
- Filing patient medical records and corresponding paperwork.
- Collecting insurance co-pays, account balances and credit card authorizations.
- Scheduling new patient appointments and collecting demographic information.
- Accurately phoning in prescriptions to pharmacies.
- High school diploma and at least one year medical office experience on-the-job receptionist experience with demonstrated success.
- Typing (50 wpm)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) proficiency
Office Hours (flexibility is key to help cover for other staff members)
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 pm
Wednesday 7:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Friday 7:30 a,m. to 1:30 p.m.
Please submit a resume and coverletter for consideration.