PSYCHOTHERAPEUTIC SERVICES Employee Reviews

Worst job I ever had
Actt team housing specialist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 23, 2016
PSI in NC is the pits. Management cannot seem to agree on anything, so you are left not knowing what to do. They do not even follow their own policies and probably do not even know what they are. There are NO safety precautions for working with people with mental issues. Management is rude to employees and will even yell at employees in front of anyone who may be present. Several employees in NC had mental breakdowns because no matter how much you do, how hard you work, or how many hours you put in they are never satisfied. They want more and more and more $$$$. They list a string of employee benefits, but in actuality, they are a joke. All of their employees are looking for other jobs and they always have openings. Do yourself a favor, and keep looking!!!!
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
safety, management
Great company that provides hope and opportunity for the "unseen"
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDMarch 24, 2016
Rewarding and challenging work environment that provides various rehabilitative services to individuals referred from the community, state hospitals and detention centers with the goal to promote independent living skills and self advocacy.

It is great working with others that are concerned with ensuring individuals lives are filled with meaningful activities. Some individuals served may be difficult, but it is amazing what taking the time to hear their story has on your perception of providing care.
Pros
Wonderful, diverse population served, Team members that make you feel appreciated, opportunities to grow both personally and professionally.
Cons
Compensation and benefits could be increased/higher but pros far exceed this con.
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  MarylandOctober 8, 2015
Plenty of opportunities for advancement. Great place to work if you are in it for the right reasons. Have had a chance to learn and practice many areas of treatment. Enjoy that the company takes many trips for the people we serve to museums, bbqs, Ocean City for 2nd year in a row, Six Flags, ect.
The management I have worked with have always supported me in my personal development as a manager and I have received numerous opportunities to take on more responsibility and promotions. The best part of a job with this company is having the freedom and power to use creativity and personal strengths in your day to day responsibilities and problem solving. When I was working as direct care I was always supported in any new ideas I've wanted to implement. Ideas for trips, groups, volunteer opportunities, and meal plans were always well accepted. The hardest part of the job. . . .occasionally having to work with and educate other staff in the industry who don't really understand what psych rehabilitation is and what we here for! Really like working with the team we have in place.
Pros
Company promotes from within, flexible schedules
Cons
Having to see the the misconceptions many people have about behavioral health
overall a great place to work
Housing Specialist; Peer Specialist; Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, Fl.April 30, 2015
It was wonderful working with the population of clients we had. And my co-workers were very dedicated and compassionate. We were given a lot of freedom to improve the ways we tried to work with and help the population we worked with. We all worked as a team between the staff and the clients. We did deal with crises on a daily basis. The most difficult part of the job was being on-call. While on-call it was necessary to focus on the crisis and evaluate options, as well as choosing your words carefully. And you could get calls while driving home, or during the middle of the night, or while you were preparing to give another client their medicine.
Pros
wonderful people to work with, various resources to work with and supportive staff
Cons
too much paperwork, no raises or promotions
Do not work here.
Community Living Specialist (Former Employee) –  MDSeptember 27, 2015
Current employees agree that this is a horrible company to work for. No pay raises in 10 years for direct care associates, We could make more at McDonald's. The director of the MD program lives in Florida and has a yacht. While the top people make a ton, the people who interface with the clients on a daily basis earn a little more than minimum wage. And the benefits are pretty bad and not free.

I was in an unsafe situation regarding two male clients at my office. (I am a petite female). My boss and his supervisor did not even think there was a safety protocol policy to protect me from possible physical harm at the hands of a registered s*x offender who is also a paranoid schizophrenic who basically stalked me and some of the other women in the office from day one.

Their response was, "Well, you have to remember the population we're working with," meaning if I get attacked I simply had to expect that it would happen at some point because they are mentally ill. So if I worked at a prison and an inmate stabbed me, I'd have to suck it up because I was working with dangerous people?? Citizens of the US are guaranteed a safe work environment. PTS does not provide that and doesn't even implement their own safety regulations. This is completely illegal!

And I am barely scratching the surface on the negative aspects of this job. Nasty people working with clients. Notes that are fudged because they have to get done. Illegal!!! Management who loses important paperwork when employees request days off. Losing vacation time because they need you to work. I could go on and on.
  more...
DO NOT WORK HERE!!! Try Arundel Lodge. They at least have very good benefits as well as security and many support people to help you when a client is acting inappropriate with staff or another client.
Pros
occasionally treated to lunch from a local restaurant. Fun field trips with the clients.
Cons
See above. Too many to list. Low pay, bad benefits, unsafe work environment. Supervisor's who don't do their job or do it with a nasty attitude.
CST Lead Former employee Burlington, NC
CST Team Lead (Former Employee) –  BurlingtonJanuary 30, 2014
The company has very poor management. Each employee in management wants it their way and management does not get along with each other, too. Worked long hours and they still wanted more. Several employees have had mental breakdowns. No supervision and no training. Employees will spy on each other and tell to get in good with management. Employment with this company in NC and the other states is the pits.
Pros
NONE
Cons
Not a good place to work.
Flexible schedules; unpredictable management
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Felton, DEMarch 28, 2013
Great place to gain entry level work experience. However, management is constantly changing.
Pros
great for an individual looking for entry level work experience.
Cons
no room for advancement
A Workplace Where Compensation is questionable
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Landover, MDSeptember 11, 2013
hardest part of the job: having to work with a management team that does not support you or properly compensate you.

the most enjoyable part of the job: having coworkers/peers that support you.
Absolutely terrible
Vocational Rehabilitation Clinician (Former Employee) –  Athens, GADecember 27, 2013
Had to work eight days in a row every several weeks. On call a week at the time also. Very poor management. No safety precautions. Do not work here. Company lost contract.
Homelike environment.
Culinary Service Technician/Counselor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 16, 2013
It was a very rewarding job, because I hd a great relationship with the children.
Pros
Preparing meals and conversing with resident boys.
Cons
Job was closed down abruptly.
Good place of employment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDDecember 30, 2013
I worked for the agency for almost 15 years and would recommend the agency to other persons looking to work in a mental health facility.
Serviced the Homeless Population
Mental Health Clinician (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 21, 2013
Provided counseling and other related services to homeless population
Pros
Learning Experiences
Cons
Poor working conditions
Psi
Program Manager-TANF (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEMarch 17, 2013
Great place to work. The most enjoyable part of the job is having the opportunity to plant seeds in the daily lives of others.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PSYCHOTHERAPEUTIC SERVICES. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9