PSYCHOTHERAPEUTIC SERVICES Employee Reviews

Overall this company is poor quality
Worker (Former Employee) –  DelawareSeptember 26, 2017
Poorly managed, unprofessional and negative culture. If you are not an insider, based on friends and family hiring friends and family, you are out! The management allows gossip to be the truth because the manager is rarely on site.
Pros
Cons
Disorganized, poor pay, horrible benefits package, cliques/nepotism
Caring Company
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 7, 2017
Psychotherapeutic Services was generally a good place to work. Sometimes the work would be stressful, but I was fortunate to have the world's best manager and good colleagues.
Pros
My supervisor was the best!
Cons
Lots and lots of policies/procedures
Exttemely dysfunctional environment.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJuly 25, 2017
Higher management very disrespectful and deceitful. The place is run by a bunch of liars whose only interest is how much they can pad their own pockets.
Productive and lively
Peer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 10, 2017
Never a dull moment, learn how to descalate conflict, learn how to facilitate groups and to manage large groups of people in social environment. Prompting and engaging people can be a challenge if they are not motivated
Pros
Free food, Help people
Cons
No schedule breaks
Cool Job
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEJune 20, 2017
Cool job needs better management, I loved my clients but the staff can be a bit overwhelming at times but overall good job they need better benefits and needs to be better staffed
I love working with the clients and staff, good environment.
Mental Heath/psych nursing (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 20, 2017
Good place to work.
Great to work with a team of coworkers from all different fields of study. You learn also about Mental Illness.
Can be a bit rushed at times.
Going out for lunch on the companies expense
Case Manager II (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDFebruary 22, 2017
1. Driving from one location to another
2. As diverse as my clients were they all had similar problems
3. Not so good
4. Diverse
5. Having a caseload over 30
6. Interacting with clients
Pros
client interacting
Cons
not having enough time to engage with clients due to the numbers of clients
Great Experience
Direct Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEFebruary 22, 2017
Working with individuals who have various forms of disabilities can get take its toll. However, the attention and patience that is given can be the deciding factor on whether or not they become successful.
still trying to fugure it out
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJanuary 21, 2017
i need to more time to see. i can really say how the job is but so far not good. i woundnt tell no one at this time to come work for this company into i see for myself.
Company doing the best for their populations & employees
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  MarylandJanuary 3, 2017
I had worked at the company for over 16 years and advanced throughout the structure during those times. They pay about the same wage as the other local companies do around Delaware and Maryland and they like to promote from within and give you a chance to climb the ladder. A couple reviews back someone had said that the got paid nothing while the CEO lives in Florida on a Yacht. This is far from the truth. Thank god for the owners of this company for the struggle they have gone through to keep people working when times were tough. When checks from various states never showed but we always got paid.
Pros
Fun people, Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Pay rate is low, not enough medical benefits..
great environment love the clients i work with
Direct Care Assistant Associate (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEDecember 17, 2016
if you love helping people and being a positive influence on other this is the job for you. you learn a lot of things that will make you value life and the simple things. Working here daily you feel at home you do a lot of the things you would do in a household. the feeling of being around others who look up to you for direction allows you to help better many people lives.
Pros
good pay/ and great environment
Cons
lack of communication from management
Worst job I ever had
Actt team housing specialist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 23, 2016
PSI in NC is the pits. Management cannot seem to agree on anything, so you are left not knowing what to do. They do not even follow their own policies and probably do not even know what they are. There are NO safety precautions for working with people with mental issues. Management is rude to employees and will even yell at employees in front of anyone who may be present. Several employees in NC had mental breakdowns because no matter how much you do, how hard you work, or how many hours you put in they are never satisfied. They want more and more and more $$$$. They list a string of employee benefits, but in actuality, they are a joke. All of their employees are looking for other jobs and they always have openings. Do yourself a favor, and keep looking!!!!
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
safety, management
Brief summary of the job
Direct Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEMarch 31, 2016
In a residential setting with children you have to be able to watch your back. The company is unorganized and sometimes you will be so lost you don't know what is going on as far as scheduling. The scheduling is set as far as 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift however, will be asked to work a bunch of doubles. Overall, my experience has been successful and I have learned how to restrain and engage with the children.
Great company that provides hope and opportunity for the "unseen"
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDMarch 24, 2016
Rewarding and challenging work environment that provides various rehabilitative services to individuals referred from the community, state hospitals and detention centers with the goal to promote independent living skills and self advocacy.

It is great working with others that are concerned with ensuring individuals lives are filled with meaningful activities. Some individuals served may be difficult, but it is amazing what taking the time to hear their story has on your perception of providing care.
Pros
Wonderful, diverse population served, Team members that make you feel appreciated, opportunities to grow both personally and professionally.
Cons
Compensation and benefits could be increased/higher but pros far exceed this con.
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  MarylandOctober 8, 2015
Plenty of opportunities for advancement. Great place to work if you are in it for the right reasons. Have had a chance to learn and practice many areas of treatment. Enjoy that the company takes many trips for the people we serve to museums, bbqs, Ocean City for 2nd year in a row, Six Flags, ect.
The management I have worked with have always supported me in my personal development as a manager and I have received numerous opportunities to take on more responsibility and promotions. The best part of a job with this company is having the freedom and power to use creativity and personal strengths in your day to day responsibilities and problem solving. When I was working as direct care I was always supported in any new ideas I've wanted to implement. Ideas for trips, groups, volunteer opportunities, and meal plans were always well accepted. The hardest part of the job. . . .occasionally having to work with and educate other staff in the industry who don't really understand what psych rehabilitation is and what we here for! Really like working with the team we have in place.
Pros
Company promotes from within, flexible schedules
Cons
Having to see the the misconceptions many people have about behavioral health
Do not work here.
Community Living Specialist (Former Employee) –  MDSeptember 27, 2015
Current employees agree that this is a horrible company to work for. No pay raises in 10 years for direct care associates, We could make more at McDonald's. The director of the MD program lives in Florida and has a yacht. While the top people make a ton, the people who interface with the clients on a daily basis earn a little more than minimum wage. And the benefits are pretty bad and not free.

I was in an unsafe situation regarding two male clients at my office. (I am a petite female). My boss and his supervisor did not even think there was a safety protocol policy to protect me from possible physical harm at the hands of a registered s*x offender who is also a paranoid schizophrenic who basically stalked me and some of the other women in the office from day one.

Their response was, "Well, you have to remember the population we're working with," meaning if I get attacked I simply had to expect that it would happen at some point because they are mentally ill. So if I worked at a prison and an inmate stabbed me, I'd have to suck it up because I was working with dangerous people?? Citizens of the US are guaranteed a safe work environment. PTS does not provide that and doesn't even implement their own safety regulations. This is completely illegal!

And I am barely scratching the surface on the negative aspects of this job. Nasty people working with clients. Notes that are fudged because they have to get done. Illegal!!! Management who loses important paperwork when employees request days off. Losing vacation time because they need you to work. I could go on and on.
  more...
DO NOT WORK HERE!!! Try Arundel Lodge. They at least have very good benefits as well as security and many support people to help you when a client is acting inappropriate with staff or another client.
Pros
occasionally treated to lunch from a local restaurant. Fun field trips with the clients.
Cons
See above. Too many to list. Low pay, bad benefits, unsafe work environment. Supervisor's who don't do their job or do it with a nasty attitude.
overall a great place to work
Housing Specialist; Peer Specialist; Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, Fl.April 30, 2015
It was wonderful working with the population of clients we had. And my co-workers were very dedicated and compassionate. We were given a lot of freedom to improve the ways we tried to work with and help the population we worked with. We all worked as a team between the staff and the clients. We did deal with crises on a daily basis. The most difficult part of the job was being on-call. While on-call it was necessary to focus on the crisis and evaluate options, as well as choosing your words carefully. And you could get calls while driving home, or during the middle of the night, or while you were preparing to give another client their medicine.
Pros
wonderful people to work with, various resources to work with and supportive staff
Cons
too much paperwork, no raises or promotions
CST Lead Former employee Burlington, NC
CST Team Lead (Former Employee) –  BurlingtonJanuary 30, 2014
The company has very poor management. Each employee in management wants it their way and management does not get along with each other, too. Worked long hours and they still wanted more. Several employees have had mental breakdowns. No supervision and no training. Employees will spy on each other and tell to get in good with management. Employment with this company in NC and the other states is the pits.
Pros
Cons
Not a good place to work.
Good place of employment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDDecember 30, 2013
I worked for the agency for almost 15 years and would recommend the agency to other persons looking to work in a mental health facility.
Absolutely terrible
Vocational Rehabilitation Clinician (Former Employee) –  Athens, GADecember 27, 2013
Had to work eight days in a row every several weeks. On call a week at the time also. Very poor management. No safety precautions. Do not work here. Company lost contract.