PTC Alliance Employee Reviews

Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Wexford, PAJanuary 23, 2017
PTC Alliance the best place to work.
When I worked at PTC Alliance I worked for the CEO, President, CFO. I got to plan the yearly trip to Scottsdale, AZ. I had a ball planning out the trip. When the trip came along. The CEO said to me you need to go out a few days early and make sure everything is ready to go. We had planned a wives outing while the husbands/ wives where is meetings, I planned a jeep tour and then lunch at the Indian Reservation. Then shopping at the mall. Something for everyone. Everyone had a good time..My husband and went out 2 days early and did the jeep tour and made sure everything was set up correctly for the conference. It was just so much fun.
Pros
always fun there.
Cons
worked very had for Peter the CEO
don't care about employees
Laborer/Operator (Current Employee) –  Alliance, OHDecember 5, 2016
Blue collar workers sweat their butts off so White collar management can make the big bucks. Equipment is dangerous. Many guys have lost fingers, had crushed hands, crushed feet.
Cons
dangerous equipment, union takes your money and doesn't stand up for you
Hot and dirty
Pickle House Operator (Former Employee) –  Beaver Falls, PAJanuary 15, 2017
It is a hot dirty place to work. I had to work shifts. I am laid off so the job security isn't there. It pays well and the benefits are good. Don't know if they will ever get back to where they were.
Steady Steel Manufacturer
VICE PRESIDENT OF OPERATIONS (Former Employee) –  Wexford, PAAugust 9, 2016
PTC has very good people who are dedicated to producing a high quality tube. They are hard working and skillful technicians who produce a product that all customers return to get year after year.
excellent
Straightener (Former Employee) –  Chicago Heights, ILSeptember 17, 2016
definitely a good working enviroment , recommend this working area to anyone that like general labor and challenging work.
cutting pipe
Saw Operator baf back end an crane (Former Employee) –  Beaver Falls, PAFebruary 2, 2016
cutting pipe was awesome lifting some pipe by hand they call mimi Dshape enjoy working wit others dinner time n chatting with coworkers
Pros
lunch
Cons
short breaks
The most enjoyable part of the job
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Darlington, PAJuly 21, 2015
I enjoyed this employment opportunity for many reasons; furthermore, it gave me the chance to implement some of my Health and Safety training and knowledge. During our country's challenging financial situations, this company downsized. I was one of many dislocated workers. I utilized this opportunity, as I was able to collect unemployment benefits, to return to school at CCBC, The Community College of Beaver County.
Commnication in need of improvement
production worker (Current Employee) –  Fairbury, ILDecember 15, 2015
Communication and scheduling are the two areas that need the greatest improvement at PTC. Suggestions are not taken seriously by management from workers.
productive fast pace work
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Fairbury, ILApril 19, 2015
I had busy fast paced days just bout every day. I learned how to run a fork lift and how to use different instruments and different machines. Management was ok. Got along with my co workers. The hardest part of my job was make sure that there was right piece counts and that the machine did the tubing right. Over all it was not that hard of a job. Make sure the tubes was done for the truck on time to be shipped out. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co workers.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
short breaks and short lunch
It was a great and understanding place to work at.
Small/Large Draw Bench Operator (Former Employee) –  Fairbury, ILNovember 30, 2015
It had good paid, excellent benefits, and a drama free work place. Management was very nice and always give compliments.
Great place to work!
Leadman and Operator (Former Employee) –  Chicago Heights, ILAugust 27, 2012
A typical workday consist of reviewing production in process and maintaining general flow of product for clients and customers. I learned all aspects of machine operation, production flow and management and lead procedures for machinery. My co-workers were friendly and professional. The hardest part of this job was the immense heat during production. The most enjoyable part of this job was just working in a friendly and professional atmosphere.
Pros
pay and benefits were top notch!
Cons
always hot. union vs. management contract disagreements every couple years.
Administration work
Administration (Former Employee) –  Beaver Falls, PAApril 18, 2013
The employees are great to work with, but as for upper management and everyone else that has their hands in the "pot" have no clue what they are doing. This was the worst company I have ever worked for. Alot of verbal harassment goes on. No policies, no procedures, nothing...everyone just does what they want! Awful place to work! I feel bad for the good workers that are still there!
Cons
anything goes
Productive every hour of the day
Industrial Maintenance (Former Employee) –  IllinoisFebruary 1, 2015
Busy from start to finish. You must work fast and efficiently. Management is Ok. Co-workers are ok to work with. Attendance and being on time is the biggest part of keeping your job. Enjoy sundays because thats the only day your off work.
Pros
Friendly people to work with
Cons
work 6 days a week with plenty of overtime
Not fun because management was never satisfied
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Beaver Falls, PAJune 10, 2012
I learned how to work in a mill environment. I learned how to drive a semi truck and a oversized fork truck called a Pettibone. I enjoyed working with my co workers, but i really didn't care for the mangement and the way they divided the work.
Pros
co workers
Cons
too many rush orders
Manual labor environment with great benefits.
Maintenance/Mill Hand (Former Employee) –  Chicago Heights, ILNovember 12, 2012
Working for PTC Alliance was an enjoyable expirence. It provided a great opportunity for advancement in the work setting. I was surrounded by determined and hard working shift members. I gained experience in the mechanical maintenance aspect of the field.
Not a Place to Launch Your Career
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Darlington, PAMay 13, 2015
General lack of communication, lack of respect, and lack of integrity are a just a few of the downsides of this organization. There is little appreciation for innovation and limited opportunities for upward mobility.
Production
Overhead Crane Operator/Weld Mill Operator (Former Employee) –  Darlington, PAJune 1, 2015
The co-workers were helpful and knowledgeable. They showed me most of what I needed to know about the job, some is learn as you go. I learned how the process was for making pipe.
very hot place to work in
Mill Hand (Current Employee) –  Chicago Heights, ILJuly 26, 2012
not a hard job to learn, but poor management. The pay isn't bad, but id like to have the opportunity to advance and learn more than I can there. Very hot in the summers and cold in the winters.
Disgusting
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Beaver Falls, PAJune 20, 2013
Completely inept management. If you're skilled labor don't waste your time here.
Pros
Union health insurance from the USW at the steel mill
Cons
Non union machine shop
sporadic unplanned hours
Boom Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  alliance, OHOctober 14, 2012
extremely filthy conditions, never knew when we would get a day off, co-workers were nice and helpful to eachother
Pros
union shop
Cons
dirty

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PTC Alliance. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9