PTC Alliance Employee Reviews

Horrible upper management
Production Analyst (Former Employee) –  Darlington, PAOctober 14, 2017
Too many people getting paid an awful lot of money to be lazy and unproductive while the the hard workers at the bottom do it all. Healthcare gets worse every year. No raises in 3-4 years. Lied to about bonus structures. Spread so thin that they want you to work overtime to keep up instead of hiring help. 8 week strike in Alliance has everyone on edge and working extra taking time away from family and hobbies. Money spent on strike, won't be raises anytime soon. Glad to get out of there. Miserable place to be! No appreciation whatsoever.
ok
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Alliance, OHSeptember 29, 2017
Corporate wants workers to do more for less. A lot of jobs require you to work independently and as part of a team. Stability and job security comes and goes.
benefits have been steadily eroded since ptc alliance took over
Tool Grinder (Former Employee) –  alliance,ohioSeptember 22, 2017
work is not overly physical but requires attention to detail,good people to work with,many older machines but some new ones,wide variety of learning opportunities,shadow of corporate greed always looms however
Great Enviornment
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 19, 2017
This job had a decent work experience. The work shifts were flexible, and the managers were friendly, but professional. The workplace was a great environment was fun.
Decent place to work
Crain Operator, Mill Tender (Former Employee) –  Darlington, PAJuly 31, 2017
Was a great job working with great people, plenty of available hours and they were more than willing to train so all employees can advance themselves.
Pros
Avalibility for advancement
Cons
Swing shifts
Ptc alliance
Mill Hand (Former Employee) –  Chicago Heights, ILJuly 22, 2017
it was a clean place to work the hours ok and the people are nice too.. Lead man explain the job to you very well and will help you with anything you need....
I loved working there.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago Heights, ILJuly 6, 2017
I was an administrative assistant so my duties varied from complying reports for managers reporting to my boss to doing HR duties. This was one of the better jobs I had in my lifetime.
Pros
Free lunches, great compensation
Cons
The company merged and then finally closed.
A great place to work
Division Quality Manager, Components Group (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INMarch 6, 2017
I enjoyed being able to work with the different divisions within the organization and being able to work with their diverse group of commercial and automotive customers.
Untrustworthy
Outside Processing (Former Employee) –  Alliance, OHMarch 1, 2017
A company that took millions of dollars from employee pensions, ESOP and any other means of greed to keep all the monies for themselves while raping everyone else of their livelihoods. The CEO kept filing bankruptcy in different states and took tens of millions of dollars for himself and went back to England.

Once the monies were gone, the people were dismissed from their positions in an effort to sustain the top echelon enormous salaries.. Most of the original employees have been eliminated in one form or another.

What a pity that what was such a good company is now such a disgrace.
Pros
All pros were eliminated through bankruptcy
Cons
The government allows company CEOs and Presidents to steal from companies and destroy peoples lives.
tons of improvements that can be done,
Electrical Controls Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chicago Heights, ILFebruary 6, 2017
Professionally, I don't feel comfortable expressing my opinion about the company where I work, or telling half truths.
==============================
Pros
Close to home
Cons
minimum safetysafety
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Wexford, PAJanuary 23, 2017
PTC Alliance the best place to work.
When I worked at PTC Alliance I worked for the CEO, President, CFO. I got to plan the yearly trip to Scottsdale, AZ. I had a ball planning out the trip. When the trip came along. The CEO said to me you need to go out a few days early and make sure everything is ready to go. We had planned a wives outing while the husbands/ wives where is meetings, I planned a jeep tour and then lunch at the Indian Reservation. Then shopping at the mall. Something for everyone. Everyone had a good time..My husband and went out 2 days early and did the jeep tour and made sure everything was set up correctly for the conference. It was just so much fun.
Pros
always fun there.
Cons
worked very had for Peter the CEO
Hot and dirty
Pickle House Operator (Former Employee) –  Beaver Falls, PAJanuary 15, 2017
It is a hot dirty place to work. I had to work shifts. I am laid off so the job security isn't there. It pays well and the benefits are good. Don't know if they will ever get back to where they were.
don't care about employees
Laborer/Operator (Current Employee) –  Alliance, OHDecember 5, 2016
Blue collar workers sweat their butts off so White collar management can make the big bucks. Equipment is dangerous. Many guys have lost fingers, had crushed hands, crushed feet.
Cons
dangerous equipment, union takes your money and doesn't stand up for you
excellent
Straightener (Former Employee) –  Chicago Heights, ILSeptember 17, 2016
definitely a good working enviroment , recommend this working area to anyone that like general labor and challenging work.
Steady Steel Manufacturer
VICE PRESIDENT OF OPERATIONS (Former Employee) –  Wexford, PAAugust 9, 2016
PTC has very good people who are dedicated to producing a high quality tube. They are hard working and skillful technicians who produce a product that all customers return to get year after year.
cutting pipe
Saw Operator baf back end an crane (Former Employee) –  Beaver Falls, PAFebruary 2, 2016
cutting pipe was awesome lifting some pipe by hand they call mimi Dshape enjoy working wit others dinner time n chatting with coworkers
Pros
lunch
Cons
short breaks
Commnication in need of improvement
production worker (Current Employee) –  Fairbury, ILDecember 15, 2015
Communication and scheduling are the two areas that need the greatest improvement at PTC. Suggestions are not taken seriously by management from workers.
It was a great and understanding place to work at.
Small/Large Draw Bench Operator (Former Employee) –  Fairbury, ILNovember 30, 2015
It had good paid, excellent benefits, and a drama free work place. Management was very nice and always give compliments.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Darlington, PAJuly 21, 2015
I enjoyed this employment opportunity for many reasons; furthermore, it gave me the chance to implement some of my Health and Safety training and knowledge. During our country's challenging financial situations, this company downsized. I was one of many dislocated workers. I utilized this opportunity, as I was able to collect unemployment benefits, to return to school at CCBC, The Community College of Beaver County.
Production
Overhead Crane Operator/Weld Mill Operator (Former Employee) –  Darlington, PAJune 1, 2015
The co-workers were helpful and knowledgeable. They showed me most of what I needed to know about the job, some is learn as you go. I learned how the process was for making pipe.