PTC Employee Reviews in United States

Company with a great vision
IT Acquisition Integration Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Needham, MAJuly 14, 2016
Company with a great vision, has growing pains. Company trying to reinvent it's self as a start up and be more flexible.
Pros
Nice location, Nice people
Cons
Lots of change
Good Place To be!
Release Project Manager Co-op (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAJuly 6, 2016
Very Flexible and friendly people all over! Every few weeks there would be a company meeting which was very informative. CEO was friendly and transparent. If I had a chance I would go back!
Productive great people to work for
Sandblasting and Painting Forman (Former Employee) –  McPherson, KSJune 13, 2016
very understanding when i comes to family always will to help their employees out. Just not a constant guarantee for constant work.
Pros
good pay
Cons
never got to see my famiy or be a father
Significant Restructuring
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAApril 28, 2016
Interesting work and technical challenges. I was at PTC for 16 years and built a reputation for being an expert on many of PTC's top products. I proved time again I was able to learn quickly and make positive contributes to the business. Despite my successful history I was impacted by recent restructuring. I am not new to PTC's frequent restructuring and have been successful reinventing myself many times at PTC. However this time I found PTC's management unable or unwilling to help me stay. PTC made it clear they'd rather look outside for new talent even though I had the skills they needed and was very able/willing to change. Many strong employees had the same experience as me. It wasn't our choice to leave, but the good thing is that you never hear about people being unhappy after leaving PTC.
Pros
Great technology
Cons
Difficult to manage career path
Productive environment
Principal Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAMarch 16, 2016
Typical day at work based on creation plan and estimation time to perform task. Participation in regular meetings helped to identify the highest priorities stories.
PTC treats employees well
Senior Technical Consultant, from home (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 22, 2016
It was often hard to tell who were the senior people and who were junior, because everyone felt free to participate. It is a very democratic and programmer focused company.
Matching customer business processes with company software..
Business Process Consultant (Former Employee) –  VariiousJanuary 29, 2016
The job required travel each week Monday to Thursday each week but they were to interesting assignment. I went to Boeing in Seattle and Lockheed Missile Systems in Colorado and Sunnyvale California. I was exciting to work with large corporations and with there business processes.
Pros
Teams working with large corporations
Cons
Weekly travel
Innovative and forward-thinking company
Learning Consultant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 8, 2016
PTC has a history of pursuing technologies and methods before they become mainstream, which allows them to be an effective service provider to customers who need solid solutions.
R&D of water technology
Sr. Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GADecember 23, 2015
This is good company. as a project leader, I am responsible for R&D of water treatment technologies and project and technology management. the people in this company are very nice.
Productive and growth-oriented
PLM Consultant (Former Employee) –  Home office basedDecember 7, 2015
Very promising in the IoT space. Not much room for growth in other areas of business. Going through pains of change. Need to be adaptable to maneuver with the change. This is expected to a certain extent but came across as "shooting from the hip." But overall a strong company that does promote employee growth and initiative, which is to be greatly appreciated anywhere.
Pros
Heavy investment in training and employee satisfaction
Cons
Currently going through significant restructure, poor top down communication
PTC isn't afraid to invest in their people
Global Services Consultant (Current Employee) –  Needham, MANovember 4, 2015
I participated in a 4 month long training program to learn all about PTC's product suite before being billable to the customers that I was consulting for. PTC invests a lot into their consultants.
Customer Operations /License Management (Current Employee) –  Needham, MAOctober 22, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Great work environment
Decent place to work
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Needham, MASeptember 14, 2015
Nice company to work for, but difficult work-life balance. Good compensation and benefits, allows independent work conditions. Currently transitioning from focus on one software product to another.
Pros
Progressive software company
Cons
work-life balance
Top shelf Engineering software offerings
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COSeptember 11, 2015
Offered exposure to a wide range of clientele in the engineering sectors. Fast paced environment with plenty of advancement opportunities.
Pros
Working with advanced technology
Cons
Travel schedule is brutal
Flexible work environment
Senior Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake CityJuly 17, 2015
I was able to work from home for about 10 years. Unfortunately, I was a victim of a layoff which I survived about 7 of them. Thats the down side of this company. Frequent layoffs.
Pros
flexible work schedule and location
Cons
frequent layoffs
Enjoyed the job very much was a welders Assistance
Welders Assistant (Former Employee) –  oklahoma and kansasJuly 13, 2015
Helped prepare the line with replacement for the welders to weld a problem spot in the line had 109 problems to fix on this line
did not enjoy the environment & culture
PRODUCT DEFINITION ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAJune 8, 2015
I enjoyed the product definition work I was doing but did not get the team experience I was looking for. I found it hard to make a strong connection with co-workers.
Pros
good products
Cons
Aggressive profit goals achieved by RIF
Excessive change in strategy and organizational structure
Product Management Director (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAMay 12, 2015
Good people, good working environment, good business processes and tools in place, good PTO and benefits, fair compensation. The management team has a desire to succeed however the company is constantly changing strategy and acquiring new companies to drive revenue which results in constant organizational change, layoffs and closing of locations.
Cyclic Company that goes through big hires and layoffs regularly - Global Services
Technical Consultant, Global Services (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNMay 8, 2015
This is all in Global Services.

The program they have in global services to develop consultants is great. The culture and support around is phenomenal. The downside though is there is no job security. People are let go and hired again regularly. There is also a saying that the only way to get a pay bump is to leave PTC and get hired again.

It is a fun place to work, but not stable.
Pros
Traveling and working from home
Cons
Traveling and working from home
Large company in the midst of a big transition
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 21, 2015
PTC is aiming to enter the market of Internet of Things and as such doing a lot of restructuring to achieve it. This means a lot of change and strategy is not clear for any decent period of time.

I learned that management within PTC is not really very clear on this new path and doesn't seem to give anything long enough to show results before changing it.

A typical day would require meetings with different departments for daily standups, customer calls and triage meetings. I would also create new user stories for the backlog and also manage their position within the backlog.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with cross-continent development teams, most especially with the time differences.

The most enjoyable part was dealing with smart colleagues who would take an idea and run with it. As product manager it was my role to ensure that the product stayed on track in terms of new features but also to ensure that the stability was maintained and improved.
Pros
Flexible schedule - work from home on Tues and Thurs
Cons
Frequent layoffs to cut costs because the company isn't growing right now

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PTC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9