PTC Employee Reviews

Poised to grow
HR Director (Current Employee) –  Needham, MAJune 29, 2017
Great company to work for! Dynamic company, fast paced environment. PTC has great people and a great vision. Leadership has never been stronger. There has never been a better time to join PTC.
Pros
Pto, People, environment
Cons
Older style software development on CAD side
Director, Software Engineering (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAJune 29, 2017
Newer initiatives are organized in newer ways, but older CAD software organization was slow to update to modern ways of development, and was resistant to suggestions for improvement from employees.
Could go places if they would keep the people who can do the work
Principal Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNJune 14, 2017
PTC has a number of good products and is leading the way in IOT, especially in the manufacturing arena. There are a lot of talented people working there.
Unfortunately, management keeps laying off good, sound, qualified people for simple number crunching. Putting more pressure on those left to do more with less. Moving work to lower-skilled, lower-paying areas to save some money. This will probably come back to haunt them in time.
Pros
Benefits are good. PTO, medical, etc.
Cons
Pay is typically below average for the technical roles. Layoffs are a regular occurrence.
A very good work place
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHJune 7, 2017
I loved working there but you work as a as needed basis unless you are hired straight in the door. All the office staff and all the coworkers are excellent people to work with
Used to be fun
Managing Principal Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 1, 2017
Typical day includes meeting after meeting and any input provided is ignored. I learned that you need to look out for yourself. That being said I was able to learn a lot of new technologies. The team structure is actually good with a wide range of different talents. The hardest part of the job was offering up ideas and not being listened to. The most enjoyable part of my day was getting to work with smart and fun people.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Don't really listen to employees or take care of customers
Software Sales Team - Do Anything to Make Numbers!
Client Manager - Global Services (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 30, 2017
This is a sales centric culture with a HYPER AGGRESSIVE sales culture. Immense pressure for quarterly numbers. Most PTC customers do no like their account management. teams because of the constant push to buy additional software. But you can make A TON OF MONEY - but, you will lose your job immediately if not at quota - no questions asked.
Pros
Great money
Cons
Awful culture - not for everyone
not a pleasant place to work
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pilot Mtn, NCMay 29, 2017
stress filled environment all 12 hours, Even in the off season, management makes environment just as stressful. The employees are secluded from the outside and must take breaks between calls
Pros
3 days off
Cons
no room for mistakes..no learning curve
Fast paced, high tech industry.
Director, Corporate Communications (Former Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNMay 25, 2017
Good company for people who like daily challenge of working in a fast-paced, always-changing industry. Must be willing to work evenings and weekends, plus frequent travel to HQ in Boston.
Challenging work but it is in silos
Principal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAMay 24, 2017
As a remote worker, my duties challenged me and I enjoyed working with the clients assigned to me. Challenges with a being a remote worker is that management doesn't view you with the same lens as someone in their office. As a result, one is more likely to be overlooked for other opportunities.
Politics
Management (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsMay 13, 2017
PTC is very heavy on politics. Quality of life is good but depends on what department you work at. The company has being trying to transform its image and culture in the last couple of years.

Want to know more about PTC?

Ask a question
Great benefits, intense pace
Corporate Communications (Current Employee) –  Needham, MAApril 25, 2017
PTC is a good company to work for, but many experience burnout with the constant push from leadership. There are frequent reorgs, which can make it difficult to see a future there. Management seems to try to update to employees when there is a major reorganization or new initiative.

Managers are not well equipped to effectively manage their teams. The often shifting priorities leave many employees feeling overwhelmed and exhausted.

The benefits are good. They recently provided all employees (men and women) with fully paid parental leave for 12 weeks for a newborn or adoption. They provide partially for healthcare and there are opportunities for internal job changes.

As with any large company, some people like it and others don't. Overall my experience was positive.
Pros
Paid Parental Leave, healthcare
Cons
High intensity, work/life balance can be tough
Great
Release Management Intern (Current Employee) –  Blaine, MNApril 6, 2017
This place is a great company to work for and I learned a lot here, from project management, to leading meetings I was able to grow as a person and individual
Great cutting edge tech company, fun culture, good work/life balance
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Needham, MAMarch 28, 2017
PTC has made lots of positive changes to culture. I see a lot of excitement and passion around the office. Management is open to suggestions on improving processes - work smarter/not harder. Work/life balance is good - many employees can work from home. Social Fridays start at 4pm every day in the café with beer, wine, and snacks. This encourages socialization with other groups. Employee Stock Purchase Plan. A good amount of vacation. I have never used it all.
Pros
Social Fridays, Birthday day-off, 3 month paid parental leave, Employee Resource Groups, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Onsite Free Gym in Needham
Looking foward to new things ahead
Driver/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, waltloo factory areaFebruary 8, 2017
Joined this company in 2014, as a driver and a manager, to give report of daily duties that has been done to my boss, to control workers in my department, most importantly to aim high on a good production and to achieve goals set for the company
Pros
Carry your own lunch box
Cons
Break available.
I love PTC
Senior Representative (Current Employee) –  Needham, MAJanuary 31, 2017
Working at PTC over 7 years. There has been a lot tough time for this company and it finally completes the transformation . Great products, Leader in IoT, It has a bright future. I met many smart and professional people in PTC.
Pros
work life balance, benefits, work from home.work with great people
Cons
no signature culture since it changes a lot ...but who cares
PTC's Former Field Office in San Diego
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 11, 2017
Relaxed atmosphere, friendly engineer staff. My office admininstrator position was part time. Assisted staff with emails, deliveries, correspondence with HQ in Massachusetts.
Pros
Good location near Mira Mesa Blvd
Cons
No full-time work
Great Co-Workers
Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Needham, MANovember 16, 2016
There are a great bunch of people working here, just a bunch of nerds and we all get along.

Since this company works with the latest and greatest technology
we are all learning together and its a blast
Pros
Gym and Social Fridays
Department was transparent and gave clear direction to promote teamwork and not only corporate growth, but personal growth as well.
Switchboard Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Needham, MANovember 14, 2016
Each day was filled with many constants, directing incoming phone calls to appropriate department or specific individuals. There were, however, some variables when dealing with customers or potential customers that were unhappy in the manner in which they were being serviced. My direct supervisor was always supportive and respectful of staff's qualifications.
The most difficult part of the position was that there was a constant turn-over in personnel in mid-tier positions. Many times that was not conveyed, leaving me in the position of digging for information so that I could do my job at the highest level.
The most enjoyable aspect of my job was that all departments knew of my desire to do a great job. They recognized that I was a team player and were willing to share pertinent information.
Great Flexibility
Principal Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNNovember 10, 2016
I worked at PTC for over 10 years and really enjoyed the people and the company. The company has great flexibility (able to work from home and flexible hours). The main drawback of working at PTC was the constant rounds of layoffs.
Pros
Great flexibility
Cons
Constant layoffs
Was Nice
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Blaine, MNOctober 20, 2016
I loved working there when I started. A sense of team-work and smart, inquisitive co-workers. I learned a lot working here. I'll never regret working here.
Pros
Friendly, smart co-workers, challenging cutting edge development work
Cons
Lay-offs over the past few years, Main product is being out-sourced, Most will be out of job when this happens.